#4461340 - 02/14/19 02:40 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Big points for working kerfuffle in to everyday conversation smile

Well, if you do decide to fire it up again we would love to have you join us.

Word on the street is that Bunkers are the property sale this week (and double $ income too). Now I have my next goal. Which location do you consider best? Thinking Chumash or Farmhouse. Location, access, proximity to my office, plus unpopularity would be paramount.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4461499 - 02/15/19 12:17 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
New paint, what do you think of this?

[Linked Image]

Attached Files redt20.jpgLSCT20.jpgbeacht20.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 02/15/19 12:20 PM.

#4461546 - 02/15/19 04:15 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
For some reason I can't make a screenshot lower than 2mb to post on here

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4461547 - 02/15/19 04:17 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
You gotta convert it to JPEG (probably PNG now). Open it with Paint, choose Save As and pick JPEG and save.

Max size is 1 MB

(Although attachment manager say 2MB. Hmm. I think it's 1 MB)

Last edited by DBond; 02/15/19 04:23 PM.

#4461640 - 02/16/19 06:46 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
BTW I am going to make a race. It will be a cross country road race with traffic and cops across the length of the map, a Gumball Rally. There may be some alternate routes, shortcuts and jumps, but nothing that you can't do first person. Might even make it a transform race with different vehicles for sections, Supercar, Off-road, Aircraft, Boats, etc..

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 02/16/19 06:52 AM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4461662 - 02/16/19 01:56 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That sounds good. Maybe I should invest in an off-road vehicle. On the list are the BF400 dirt bike and the Canis Kamacho, Haven't bought either since I have no real practical use for them to this point, and there is always something more pressing in the list. I'm going to need a second garage soon too!

I used the Bifta buggy in single player a little and really liked driving it so maybe one of those eventually too. Probably too open for dangerous missions, but fun to mess around in.

Ran more I/E and other missions and races last night as I attempt to gain enough bank for a bunker. It seems last weekend's log-in money is already hitting player's accounts. That will put me over the top and I can try to take advantage of the double income from bunker sales. I have yet to do any 2X event, so that will be good.

Finally got the warehouse full with all 32 cars and can now choose which cars I will be sourcing. Osiris and T20 mostly since they are awesome to drive .Plus, since I own a T20, each time I sell a T20 I can paint it for 'free' and try out various customization options. Like a test bed for my personal whip.

Word of warning for those who run I/E solo. This got me last night. If you create a solo public server and some one finds their way in to the server and becomes a CEO, and then leaves, the car you are sourcing catches fires. For real though. It maxxed out damage (at least I didn't lose it completely) and that runs 34k. That severely bites in to the profits. The business is fun though and I'm getting close to having made back the warehouse purchase price already. Some of the sourcing missions suck, but most are quick and fun.

If anyone wants to help me deliver a collection let me know. I don't think the people that help me get the extra money though so it only benefits me. But of course I will return the favor for your business.

For the bunker I am planning on buying Chumash. It's the closest to Lombank, and I think it will be best for sales in Los Santos as it sits right off the PCH. It's popular though and maybe I will regret it for this reason, although I play a lot in a solo server so maybe no big deal.

Weapons at Ammunation are 30% off in case anyone wasn't aware. Got a grenade launcher smile

#4461672 - 02/16/19 04:05 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I have been in sessions where there were a few other players and after sourcing a car they made a beeline for me, So, since it's the car they want and I haven't made an investment I just ditch it with a sticky inside. As soon as someone grabs it and it starts moving I blow it up, Loads of Laughs

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4461677 - 02/16/19 04:42 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
What screenshot (s) were you looking to post? Did you try what I suggested?

If anyone logs in let me know if you got your money from last weekend.

I'll be on tonight and probably tomorrow day as well if anyone's around. But I will be looking to focus on business, especially bunker sales to take advantage of the double rewards and of course I/E work while the next supply is building. Up for some racing, combat, missions and golf too. I can't wait to race my new ride. I'm always down for partnering up of course, but even just another player as CEO in the session going about his own business is a big help.

Earlier I was talking about the supercar hotlap testing I did. For what it's worth, I took the modified Elegy out for the same test and it turned the same laptimes as the (unmodified) XA-21. Laptimes are subject to error and driving style and so on, so not definitive. But it showed me how good the Elegy is on a street circuit. And all for free (minus the mods of course)

The Akuma crushed them all for laptimes though. That's a 9k bike! (plus the upgrades). On a technical circuit it's hard to beat. Once I get around to modifying the Bati 801 I will run that through the test procedure as well.

#4461713 - 02/16/19 09:53 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
For some reason I can't make a screenshot lower than 2mb to post on here

just creat a quick acount on imgur and dump them there like i do.

#4461731 - 02/17/19 12:19 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I'm joining now..

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4461771 - 02/17/19 01:47 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good stuff yesterday Bong. Enjoyed the racing and the Survival. That's the most waves I have survived so far (ten). Seeing you standing there ripping with the mini-gun is awesome. Your outfit and defiance remind me of those two armed robbers in LA years ago, with their body armor and automatic weapons in the streets. And just playing follow the leader through the city streets in our T20s was fun too.

Oden has broken in to the corporate crime world and bought an office. Congrats, which one did you buy? Maze Bank West? And also a new address for your apartment eh? Nice view? Which apartment number did you buy? Eclipse Towers is very trendy smile

For the CEO stuff, some missions require public, as you mentioned in the PM. Some do not. The best ones that do not require it are Sightseer and Headhunter in my opinion. Both are much easier with a combat helicopter, but can also be done with vehicles, just take longer is all. Sightseer is the best one to do with vehicles since no wanted level like headhunter. Each of these pays 25k max. In sightseer you need to hit the 10 minute mark to reach max payout. This is the mission we did together in my helo with the briefcases.

For the ones that require public, you can choose to do them there (and there are some advantages), or you can clear the lobby and end up with a 'solo public' lobby. There are several ways to do it, but this is what I do.

Enter GTAO Public lobby
Alt-tab out
Open Task Manager
Click Performance tab
Click Open Resource Monitor
Right click GTA 5 and choose suspend process.
Suspend process for 8-10 seconds.
Resume Process
Return to GTAO

This takes longer to type than to do. When you return to GTA you should see all the players left messages. But you are still in a 'public' server and can now do all of those other missions free from douchebaggery.

CEO missions have a 20 minute cooldown. But 25k for 10 minutes of easy sightseer work adds up quick. Be aware that once you've cleared a lobby, that choosing any contact mission may result in a return to a populated public server when complete (and then you just clear it again). It's also possible that eventually others will be placed in your cleared one. You usually get quite a bit of solo time before this happens. But keep an eye on the players list all the same. Reaching CEO status and having an office is entering on the bottom rung of the corporate crime world, but it's a big step overall. Until you get a warehouse though the money isn't fantastic. better than before, but not as good as it will be. I'd suggest saving up for either a Buzzard or a warehouse at this point, but all that is up to you of course.

Because sightseer doesn't require public, a good method is to start an Invite Only, run sightseer, then one or two of your favorite contact missions during the cooldown, then repeat. This should earn in the neighborhood of 65k+ per hour. Sightseer is great because it costs nothing. No armor, ammo or anything else. Without a helicopter though it requires good driving skills. As a CEO you can now rent a Buzzard for 25k. So just one sightseer will make that back and then you can continue to use it. Once owned, calling the Buzzard is free. As CEO you have other vehicles on call as well.

#4461860 - 02/18/19 01:59 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good stuff yesterday boys, thanks for the fun.

I made some serious bank. Throughout the day, as I was off and on through most of it, I pulled in a million dollars. I started off by buying the Chumash bunker, which blew the million I already had, leaving me mostly broke once again. Then hooked up with Oden for some missions and a round of golf. Then Bong joined up and we all did some more missions and racing.

After you guys left I tried out my new gunrunning business, which was a complete fiasco. First delivery mission was in the monster truck and I only delivered 3/5, got shot to hell by Buzzards and at the end my truck exploded. A second delivery was an unopposed drive in to town. So I need to work all of this out. I wonder if there is a way to cherry-pick the delivery missions?

But mostly I ran Import/Export. Most deliveries were done in public. A few guys came after me I think, but none were able to get to me before the destination, so it all worked out. I've made a few million off of I/E already, so this is going well, and I have fun doing it. The tension I feel leaving the warehouse with that pimped-out supercar representing my hard work and financial investment, and driving it out in to a world full of armed idiots, psychos and malcontents is worth the price of admission smile

#4462140 - 02/20/19 02:58 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The thread has run out of gas it seems, so maybe I should let it die. But not just yet...

My effort to get a group together to run the heists has failed miserably. Shame that, I really want to do these, but have little desire to run them with randoms. Oden and Bong are on board, leaving a single solitary slot looking for a player to fill it. I should have known that getting four people together, out of the thousands that hang out here, was a fool's errand biggrin

Actually I thought it would be easy. I thought people would be all over this. I realize the game is old, and not everyone's cuppa, but come on, it's one of the most successful games ever. Well, actually, it's THE most successful game ever, but let's not split hairs. And it's fun.

Maybe someone will come on board. Please post or PM if interested.

Beyond the heist disappointment, I've spent the past two days getting the gunrunning business set up. With the double rewards this week it's a good money maker. I was able to buy the bunker (Chumash) and upgrade the staff and equipment. Total investment was 2.5 million (saved 700k with this week's bunker discount). I haven't made all of that back yet, but with the payout bonus it's done well. My single best payout so far in GTAO came last night running guns. The mission itself was fairly challenging. For some reason, GTAO players call the bunker "passive income" which is not even close to being accurate, but whatever.

Here's how it works. First step is to buy a bunker. There are eleven bunkers to choose from, with different costs. I chose Chumash partly for the location (closest to the city and my office) and partly due to price (4th cheapest). There are three upgrades. Equipment (1.1 mil), staff (500k) and defenses (not sure, haven't purchased). Aside from defense, these upgrades serve to both reduce production time and increase value of the weapons being made.

To run the business, the player needs to obtain stock, the commodity used to manufacture the guns. Stock can be obtained by stealing it, or buying it. Stealing means you get it at no cost (minus time, ammo, armor etc). Buying it costs 75k (there's more to it, but for my purposes, since I am running it solo, let's call it 75k). Common wisdom is to buy it since the time you would otherwise spend stealing it, can be put to more profitable use in other ventures such as Import Export. Or steal it, whichever makes you happy smile

Once the stock is secured, the staff in your bunker turns it in to weapons over time. That 75k becomes 210k worth of guns in 2.5 hours (when you have both upgrades. It takes longer and is worth less if you do not). So I suppose the production is passive, but there's no money in production. Once the product is ready, you need to sell it. You can sell it in Blaine County for less money, or Los Santos for more. I always choose the city.

From the laptop in your bunker you chose to sell. Upon exiting the bunker, your mission is assigned through whatshisface on the phone. These missions vary in challenge level. But basically you are assigned a vehicle like a monster truck, Insurgent or buggy to deliver the goods. Get them there in time and cash in. Some are opposed, some are not. Other players can choose to disrupt you or destroy your shipment. Not so passive now is it? Like Inigo Montoya said "I don't think that word means what you think it means"

With the double money this week, that 210k becomes 420k! Cha-ching! To get that, I had to run a mission in an Insurgent, and at each of five drop off locations you get swarmed by Merryweather. Helos, Insurgents and footsoldiers. Lots of em. But they aren't aimbot like the enemies in I/E missions, and I got through it with only one death. Next time I will remember to restock my body armor lol. So 420k minus the 75k investment is 345k profit. Not bad for 20 minutes of work. Of course, after Thursday the 2X will be gone and this will pay 135k profit. Still good money.

So what's the downside? Initial cost is steep. But Rockstar's made that true of any business venture. Fully upgraded bunker daily fees are high, so you either want to keep it rocking or shut it down. And it requires a public server. That's not much of a deterrent once you've learned the ropes.

Overall, it's a great business to supplement your other holdings. If you're going on for a three hour session for example, you would start by obtaining your stock and let your minions go to work. While they are at it, you play the rest of the game. At the end of the session, run the delivery mission and cash in.

#4462432 - 02/22/19 05:11 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Count me in but I have to figure out what my social club user name is. After that its just the time zone that may interfere (pacific time zone for me).

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4462433 - 02/22/19 05:22 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
My game name is HitchHikerHSDWG feel free to add me.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4462444 - 02/22/19 09:41 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I've seen Californians.

Friday's we try to run a session at my midnight/DBond's dinner so I guess that would be your lunch (or is it your 3pm coffee-break? You mericans do 3pm coffee right? it's by law in Swedenland)?

#4462468 - 02/22/19 01:41 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Haha Oden, that won't play in the US, but I know the skits. If HHF is like that, imagine the directions he will give lol.

Count me in

Outstanding, and welcome aboard! I will add you (Done, check invites). Are you interested in running the heists? Like Oden said, we usually get together on Fridays (6pm eastern, maybe a little early for the left coast) and we've been getting together Sunday afternoons with Bong as well.

If you want to do the heists, I humbly request that HHF and Bong run the Fleeca job on hard. This would keep the four of us eligible for the bonuses on offer. The Criminal Mastermind one (10 million!) is probably out of reach since it requires no deaths. But the million dollar rewards for doing the heists in order, and with the same crew would be very reachable. Oden and I ran the Fleeca heist, which took about an hour? We made it through in the first run. It's pretty easy. And you get an extra 100k if it's the first time you've done it. Once all four of us have run Fleeca, then we can do Prison Break.

Thanks much HHF for stepping forward. Made my day smile

I bought a hangar last night, the cheapest one at LSIA. My new goal is the Akula attack choppa. It's mostly like a Commanche, with stealth and sh!t. Hangars are on sale and so is the Akula. This is a multi-step program, but I should have the helo in a few days. From there I will still need the workshop and upgrades before it's ready for PvP. But I want to take advantage of the discount which will save 1.2 million. Saved 500k on the hangar price. That even comes with a plane. So I have a plane. And a new smuggling business. Bond & Son is really branching out lol.

Not sure if it's still up, but yesterday's daily challenge was easy. 3 things...

-- Participate in a non contact race. Set one up, choose non contact. Race. Done

-- Fall 350 feet (or there abouts) without dying. Flew helo to top of tallest building. Jumped off (with 'chute, very important) and landed in construction site lot. Done

-- Complete Flight School Mission. Did second one (engine failure) for first time. Couldn't believe it, but I stopped 2.18 meters from target. Never again I am sure. Haha

Easy money. Took 15 minutes to do them all.

#4462635 - 02/23/19 02:28 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I want to apologize to Oden, and thank him as well smile

We hooked up last night and started with our customary round of golf to kick things off. After that we ran one of my bunker deliveries, and then an export mission. Unfortunately he got jack sh!t in payouts, while I cleared 300k. Not fair. Isn't there a way to share job payouts? How is that done?

I think if we sell one of my car collections then each player gets a good cut. I have two 3-car collections ready to roll if two of you want to help. Each player would get 135k minus damage I believe if we sell the top-end one (Uninsurable Collection).

With the addition of HHF we finally have four players. I'd like to know if everyone is on board for running heists? Please check in and let me know. Tomorrow is probably too early to run Prison Break, but perhaps we could get Fleeca out of the way? As mentioned, HHF and Bong need to do this as a pair to keep us eligible for the big rewards. It needs to be run on the hard setting, and if it can be done with no deaths even better. I am not expecting we will get the Criminal Mastermind reward, but we will if we can do all the heists in order, on hard with the same four guys and have no deaths we would each get another 10 million. And that would be a game changer. This though, is probably too much to expect. Something always can go wrong smile

Let's get it rollin'

#4462646 - 02/23/19 04:22 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

no worries DBond, I wasn't there for the dollars.

But, I had a less good run today.
Guess I've done something bad and God hates me in general.

Couldn't find a garage at my funds so I thought whattaheck lets go warehouse and start collecting papers until I can afford a garage.
Said and done my secretary (dead sure she's your secretary's sister) instructs me to buy goods and I go easy on a 1 crate 2000 gta-dollars.
"Go get it" she says and I spin off in my stolen vehicle.
Halfway there I get a notification someone got my stuff and I need to take out that helicopter.
Seriously? A helicopter, with my handguns and a rusty land vehicle?
Can't see the challange so I just ignore it.

After some youtubes on warehouse I still don't get it and assumes it was just a one-off bad start.

Second try, 1 crate only, it seems the law enforcement was quicker then I.
So, this time the challenge becomes robbing a police van holding my cargo?

Ok, lets give this a try.

67 532 bullets later and a number of deaths I find myself in a police van trying to evade the whole world heading south from the northern tip of Santos island.
In the general mayhem that ensumes I imagine myself that a random player ona a flying motorbike tries to fend off police cars chasing me, or he tries to steal my stuff killing me, not sure.

Finally I make it back to my warehouse and after secretarian instructions I sell the goods and must go to a plane for delivery fo the deal.

Once there I understand that I also need to pilot this bird and trust me, as a long time Falcon4 pilot, this is not normal flying.
I manage to take off and heads towards some yellow marker.

BoomPowZagaboff and gtaOden is no more.

Someone shot me down and grabbed the goods.

Feels a bit over the top of an effort for a few grand?

I can collect 10 grand sleeping in a pink Zion every now and then.

Feels like I have a wall of "rank 400" players stopping any attempt to move forward.

#4462659 - 02/23/19 05:15 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh man, that sounds bad. I didn't go the crate route of course, so have no direct input on how to go about it. I know it can pay very well. But not familiar with the mechanics.

Look back a few posts and find the instructions I wrote for creating a solo lobby and you won't have to deal with the people that want to blow your stuff up.

You might be able to gain some insight and a few tips from this reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/5ucgj5/are_the_crates_doable_solo/

Or this

Lone Wolf Crate Guide

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.