Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
#4460308 - 02/07/19 01:25 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oden, I am thinking they tweaked the triggers for NPCs placing bounties on you, because after all the time I've played, I got bountied for the only car I stole last night. $3,000 at that. I simply stayed in invite and nothing at all happened. I guess only players collect bounties, the NPCs don't care.

I checked the Events page today and all of last week's bonuses are over, but no new ones are posted. I'm hoping whatever they do aligns with my plan. So far I've been really lucky. Offices were on sale when I was ready to buy one, and Buzzards were on sale when I was ready for one of those. Those two sales saved me about 1.8 million. Now I need warehouses to go on sale.

Hangars were on sale last week and I'm proud that I was able to resist pulling the trigger and sticking to the plan smile

Edit: I saw that this week the Events are delayed until tomorrow, something to do with Valentne's Day it seems.

And more about the nightclub...not sure if Bong gave you any feedback, but from what I can tell they are good to have, but really only once you've set up other businesses. The main benefit of the nightclub is to produce product used in your other ventures, if I understand it all. So this is one to save until your empire has grown a bit.

Evidently the crate business is the best money maker, but I thought stealing cars would be more interesting so that's the route I chose. Plus, when I first got in to GTAO I saw myself as running a stolen car ring, even before I knew how or if it could be done. It's mostly absent from single player, but Online makes up for it.

Last edited by DBond; 02/07/19 01:51 PM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4460354 - 02/07/19 05:46 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted by DBond
Valentine's Day

Never heard of!

Yeah, I think I will goof around a little more with all those "top 5" and "worst 5" to be found on YT before deciding.
But as you say, shouldn't really put too much into collecting dolla'res since it will ruin the game experience, better off doing fun stuff - but once the money is there it could be good to know what to purchase (and when).

#4460361 - 02/07/19 06:36 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The office/warehouse makes most sense to me, but there is also the Motorcycle Club and you can become a drug kingpin.

Decent overview here

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/936rob/new_to_gta_here_is_a_guide_to_businesses/

Word on the street is that this week's property discount will be....

Nightclubs! Drat!

Looks like dat warehouse will run me full price.

#4460450 - 02/08/19 01:28 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oden, still up for a little action this evening? I have to get my hair cut right after work, but should be able to be on around 6pm eastern.

Want to try the first heist? The Fleeca job? Just need the two of us, and I guess would take around an hour?

Here's a good description of what needs to be done. Ignore if you want no spoilers

https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/gta-online-heist-guide-fleeca-job/

If we decide to do this, we have to decide on a host (doesn't matter to me) and all you need to be is level 12 and own a high end apartment, and we both qualify. We need to choose roles, and we need to decide on how to split the haul. It seems that the common wisdom is the host gets 40% and the other three get 20%. This is due to the fact that the host has upfront costs to fund the heist. When it's a two-man job we can just go 60-40 I suppose.

The 'driller' role is also the hacker, and it seems in this heist it can be challenging, though it also seems that there is unlimited time to get it done. The other guy is the driver and crowd control.

If you're not in to running the heist, that's cool too. I think the take would be around 100k a piece (150k if we do it on Hard), plus I think you get an additional 100k for doing it for the first time. So 200k for an hour's work, and would get me over the line for the warehouse purchase smile

#4460479 - 02/08/19 04:06 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Yeah, Friday Heist Time!
I'll try to not sleep on SimHQ TS at midnight until you show up and let's go from there.
Good times smile

#4460483 - 02/08/19 04:30 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
OK cool, makin' paper, fool. Gonna roll up on that MF'er and get paid!

(Do you understand Lamar yet? :D)

Played golf with a random yesterday. This guy (or girl) was in the most whacky get up with what looked like blood all over the face. I was dressed in a suit. And we played in the pouring rain and winds were 8-10 every hole. Horrible conditions for a round of golf. What a hoot. Very pleased the other player stuck in there right to the end. I don't know why, but I kept expecting him/her to quit.

The warehouse I want is GTA$2,735,000 since freakin' nightclubs are on sale. I'm paying a premium for location, and to not own the most popular one, which is at least as important I think. I made it to 2.5 million in the bank yesterday. I've been playing every day and tend to make 100-200k per day so it takes a while to get anywhere doesn't it? If we can pull off the heist that money will be very welcome!

I ran da numbas on the vehicles warehouse business.... at first I was shocked! I have to sell 34,000 cars to break even on the investment!

Then I realized I divided by 80, not 80,000 Doh!

So if I buy the warehouse for $2,735,000 and only sell modified high end vehicles for 80 thousand dollars a shot, that's 34 cars sold to break even. That isn't so bad. Of course you have to source these cars, and you want to get your 10 unique low-end and 10 mid-range cars to start sourcing only top end. That will take a good deal of time, let's guess a week of everyday, semi-focused play. Once those requirements are satisfied then it's pure profit from that point on. There is a 20-minute cooldown on solo selling a single car. So at most you can do three per hour. Plus, damages will eat in to that total, for something a bit less in practical, not theoretical terms.

This means a dedicated player focusing on his work can do something like sell three high end cars per hour for $240k, and then run three Sightseers or Headhunters during the cooldowns for another $75k, meaning a very doable, yet theoretical, $315k per hour.

Of course I don't see being nearly so efficient as I get distracted by shiny things, but a rate of 200-250k per hour seems quite reasonable without grinding. Considering that's the high end of my current profits per day, it's a nice bump in income for sure. And it's also true that your stock is finite, so more sourcing will need to be run continually, it's not just sell, sell, sell.

If a player didn't care about location, or access or whether there is a higher probability of campers and griefers, or just wanted the least costly option or judged other properties superior, then the warehouse in La Mesa at $1.5 million is even better. At 80k per pop, that's just 19 high end cars sold to make back your investment. This fails to factor in interior upgrades, money lost through damages, or selling cars other than high end or with no out-of-pocket modifications.

#4460568 - 02/09/19 07:07 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida

I can help you with the car stuff, you have to steal all the cars and get rid of by sale all the duplicates of the lower two tiers, then you only get High end stuff, sell them with a crew 4 at a time you can make 400k as long as they don't get damaged, as in as long as no one is chasing you try to just drive them to the pick up, there is a like 20 min delay between sales, Find some other business to do and then steal and sell more cars. It is the quickest and easiest way to make money. Truthfully, I have never done any of my own heists so mine are still at the very first one. We can do some of these and at least I have excess equipment to employ in between to make money I'll likely be on this Sunday and maybe some of Saturday. I have a few errands to run and a Murder Mystery party Sat eve so we'll see, I'll try to get in a little time. I'm still trying to buy a 1.6mil R/C truck, biggrin

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4460579 - 02/09/19 01:35 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
You've amassed that empire without doing any heists?

Appreciate the offer, and gratefully accept. Oden and I decided to put off the Fleeca job until Sunday. That's a two-man job and he and I will do that one (although you and I can do it too if you want to). After that we need a fourth, Where's Letterboy? Yo Letterboy, up for some heist action? There has to be at least one more here at SimHQ that wants to play and make some money. Sign up!

Oden and I messed around a little last night, made a bit of money and checked out his boat. He left it in dry dock biggrin

After he left I worked on getting my bank balance over the line to afford the vehicle warehouse. Needed 200 grand, and made that plus a 50k rainy day fund. Bought the La Puerta warehouse and I am glad I stuck to the plan and wasn't tempted to go for a cheaper option. It's really important to make good choices on how money is spent. And if I settle, it will nag at me. I could have saved 1.2 million with La Mesa and have a hangar now too. But I think it's best to buy what I want, rather than be looking to swap or upgrade down the line and suffer the loss (not to mention having to sell off all of the cars I've collected)

Once I had the warehouse I checked it out and attempted to get my first car for my new business venture. I know there are a number of missions involved, some easy, some hard. Not sure where the one I got falls, but it was to steal a Tyrus from a crime scene, dead dude still in the driver's seat, and it's crawling with cops, standing guard, taking photographs, etc.

So I circumnavigate the perimeter trying to decide what to do. Can I just walk up, jump in and drive off? Should I start gunning down the cops? Should I go find a cargobob and lift this thing right out from under them? It was really late and I have work this morning, so I decided to just jump in and go. Bad decision.

The cops opened fire before I even got in and it was a disaster from there. So many cops responded and I got slammed in to so many times that I just Alt-F4'd out and went to bed. Gotta read up on the different source missions and perhaps get some ideas on how to approach them. I should have cleared the cops close to the car and then call Lester to remove wanted level? I have yet to use that feature since evading cops is a fun part of the game, but for business purposes I better start using it. Screw you GTA for giving me that one for a first go smile

#4460581 - 02/09/19 01:51 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted by DBond
checked out his boat. He left it in dry dock biggrin

I blame having a flu!
Suffer is my saturday.
Hopefully live and kicking sunday swe-dinner/us-lunch

#4460582 - 02/09/19 01:59 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hope you feel better soon old chum. I prescribe VIP missions until you reach 1 million and can buy Maze Bank West smile

#4460606 - 02/09/19 05:08 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Speaking of making sensible purchases and not wasting your hard-earned paper, here's a good thread with a number of interesting responses. What are the five worst purchases you've made?

https://gtaforums.com/topic/877298-top-five-worst-purchases-youve-ever-made/

There are plenty more of these threads, and actually this one is a couple years old. If I find one that's newer and as long and useful I'll add it.

Lists like this are highly subjective of course. I've always been the sort of gamer that finds value in things others find useless and vice versa. But you can get a feel for things you should carefully consider before pulling the trigger.

Some of the biggest repeats are

-- Yacht. Didn't need to read the list to figure this out. The ultimate GTAO vanity purchase. I mean, if you have millions and millions and nothing to do with it then, yeah, still don't buy it. You'll regret it. Maybe if it functioned like the Terrorbyte it would be OK?

-- Motorcycle Club. A bit of a surprise, and maybe they've since added better/more useful content. But the number of players that list the MC was revealing

-- Stilt Houses. The thing I think most people hate is the fact that the garage isn't attached, no way to go straight in from the house. Plus they are less convenient to get to.

-- Crate Warehouse business. It's a pretty good money maker, so the fact that it appears so often shows how boring the actual missions and running the business must be.

-- Lowriders/Benny's stuff. It didn't interest me from the start, but a lot of players regret spending money on lowriders. One guy said a million a pop. Is that what these cost? Good grief.

-- Hydra (GTAO's Harrier). Big Surprise. I see a lot of these when playing. I think if you aren't out to disrupt others, there's little reason to get one.

-- Swift Deluxe and Luxor Deluxe. No brainer really. No better than the cheaper variant and even those kinda suck. Waste of money

-- Rhino tank. Seems cool until you realize there isn't much use for it I guess.

-- The rest is an assortment of various weapons, vehicles, clothing and that sort of thing. No single thing will be valued by every player. But for any of the above, think twice before pulling the trigger

#4460607 - 02/09/19 05:10 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Yeah DB I know that mission actually there are a few variations on it, in different locations. I can usually do them alone but it helps to have back up to slow down the cops because the moment you shoot one it calls out the cavalry. Then you have to escape and try to use the phone to call Lester, so yeah I know and you will do them over and over again with different cars. I can usually get away with doing these in an open session without too much grief but the influx of new players has injected some risk because the game prompts other players to try and interfere so it helps to have air cover if you know what I mean.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4460612 - 02/09/19 05:23 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
A different plan is needed for certain! Haha, it was a fiasco. I was all set to show the world I was cut out for this car theft ring business and made a mockery of it all smile

I found a guide that gives some pointers for each mission type. I think on this one (called Nasty Business FWIW) I should just shoot the five cops near the car, jump in then call Lester.

#4460656 - 02/09/19 11:09 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
DONT BUY MC club, its takes too long for profit and the profit is small, also almost no one does the activities.

Crate Warehouse business. It's a pretty good money maker, so the fact that it appears so often shows how boring the actual missions and running the business must be <<< actually the problem is the missions are too long.

- Hydra (GTAO's Harrier). Big Surprise. I see a lot of these when playing. I think if you aren't out to disrupt others, there's little reason to get one. <<<<<it is the noob griefer weapon on release, but not especially after thje air update, there are a lot of far more powerfull planes in the air, jet fighters, bombers, flying cars, flying motorcyclers, flying JET motorcycles, and a hover pack armed to the teeth.

Valentines day generaly has till death do us apart, its a nice pvp where if one player dies the other is the anchor for their respawn. and the cupid of doom (forget the name) pvp. both are cat and mouse versus

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 02/09/19 11:12 PM.
#4460715 - 02/10/19 01:19 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
GTAO public is a strange place. In the past few days, twice I've been on and found my way in to servers where no one was hacking, no one was griefing. More than 45 minutes of play in a populated server with no one getting killed! Other times it's just murder and mayhem. But those servers where folks just appear to be playing the game, going about their business are pretty cool. They are also great for the Import/Export work (hereafter known as I/E).

So last night I logged on and began my new business in earnest. Earlier in this thread, having played through the single player part of the game (Story Mode) I said

Ya know what this game is missing? Grand theft of autos. I mean seriously, why is there no mechanic for me to steal and sell hot cars? Actually, the whole stealing cars thing was a bit of a letdown. Too easy, too little consequence. I could extend my playtime drastically with a more fleshed out system with more danger, and more reward for nicking supercars.

And that's exactly what the I/E business is all about. When I first ventured in to the seamy world of GTA Online, I thought about how I wanted to make a living stealing and selling cars. So this route is a natural fit. It's quite expensive to get in to the I/E game, but once you've purchased the CEO office and a vehicle warehosue, you can get up and running. Minimum cost without discounts would be 2.5 million. 1 mil for the office and 1.5 mil for the warehouse. If you don't have any other businesses already, then it can take some time to get that sort of bank roll. But that's the way it should be really, I don't want to be able to jump right in and have all the best stuff.

I managed to source my first 8 cars for the new business. The missions to source the cars are fun for the most part, and my noobness was on display. After trying each sourcing mission once, my efficiency should improve. But I did cause a bit of damage to the cars I was stealing haha. In most cases after stealing the car you'll be chased (or at least I was), often including helicopters. Any damage the cars incur comes out of your pocket, eating in to the profits. On average, I caused or sustained $1000 damage per car. So I will need to improve my skills.

I could be selling these cars now, and making some money. Instead, I am implementing the 32-car method with an eye toward higher profits long term. There are 10 unique low-end cars, 10 unique mid-range and 12 unique top-end that can be sourced for the I/E business. The goal is to be selling only top-end to garner the most profit. In order to do this, I need to fill the warehouse with each of the low and mid-range cars and not sell them. The game will always attempt to give you a car you don't already have for the next source mission. Since we would have the warehouse full of all low and mid cars, then we are guaranteed to get top-end. And beyond that, if we get all 12 top-end, we can then choose which cars we will be sourcing. Whichever of the 12 you sell will result in that same car appearing for the next sourcing mission. In this way you can avoid having to drive the poor handling cars like the Z-Type or the Roosevelt. Figure out which ones you like driving the most and sell only those.

When it's time to sell there are more options. Three choices of the kind of client you will sell to. You can sell as is for the least profit, or choose from two levels of modification for higher profits. This is out of pocket and carries some risk. If the car get destroyed you're out the money. If we opt for the highest choices then max profit for the sale will be 100k, minus any additional damage incurred during delivery. That level of return requires 20k in mods, so works out to 80k per sale. In addition, there are 'collections' you can sell for more profit, which require several specific cars plus friends to help deliver them (must be sold together)

So far it's proving to be fun, and just the sort of thing I envisioned when taking the plunge online. The potential is there for really good money, but takes a significant investment in money and time. Glad I chose this route over the other business opportunities. The biggest annoyance so far is the fact that I cannot use the computer in the warehouse office to get the next source mission. I must return to the CEO office. Just a time wasting mechanic from Rockstar.

The La Puerta warehouse after sourcing the first couple of whips for my new business. It's filling up quickly and the money should start rolling in.

[Linked Image]

Did anyone get their 250k for logging in last weekend yet?

Attached Files carring.jpg

#4460717 - 02/10/19 01:28 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I got my 250k just an hour ago.
Also, I played 2 below par - I'm getting dangerous on the Golf Court!
Feels a tad bit meaningless to run missions for 4 to 10k a pop when I "know" I will get another 250k next weekend.

Heist Sunday in 3½ hours ja?

#4460718 - 02/10/19 01:31 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Ja.

Or earlier. just let me know when you are available. Let's get some golf in too. Sounds like we could have a good game with your quickly improving skills smile

Good to hear about the 250k since I am just about broke again.

#4460719 - 02/10/19 01:36 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Broke?
Man, you need to stop spending at that strip club!

If you have time I can actually set off an heist-hour right now and then break for dinner and rejoin at US-lunch again.

#4460721 - 02/10/19 01:40 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
If you can give me about 20 minutes I'll be ready.

#4460739 - 02/10/19 03:41 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That was fun Oden, thanks for joining.

Oden and I ran the Fleeca Job heist and flawlessly I might add. He was the driver/crowd control, and I was the hacker/driller. It all went flawlessly, our communication was great, and we pulled it off without any deaths first time. Clockwork, baby smile

When I hopped on today I had about 70k to my name having just bought the warehouse. By the time I logged of an hour and half later I had over 500k. Good stuff.

After pulling off the job, Oden and I meet up at the pub to celebrate over a few Pisswassers smile

[Linked Image]

Now we are going to want to run some of the four-man heists and need one more player. Who's got the stuff? smile

Attached Files beers.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 02/10/19 03:44 PM.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.