Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 366 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 365 366
#4459616 - 02/02/19 01:11 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou is right and may I just add that watching your wingman get pummeled and you can't do anything about it is frustrating. Good going MFair. Lucky to be alive.

31 January, 1916
Toul, Verdun Sector
Escadrille C17
Sergent Gaston A. Voscadeaux

There would be no flights today. Becquerel was given 48 hrs leave to take his nose to Toul and have it looked at by an otolaryngologist. Ever since the knock received from the Lewis he was making whistling noises which was driving Gaston bonkers. With Ernest away there simply were not enough observers to man even one flight.
As announced by le Capitaine yesterday, two new men showed up at the aerodrome this morning to replace Durand and Levy. After Adjutant Dumas gave them the usual tour of the aerodrome it was up to Voscadeaux to show them the ropes.
Adjutant Tristian Marcaggi was an agreeable fellow. He was fresh out of flying school and absorbed all information that Gaston could throw at him like a sponge. He was mostly interested in spending his time in the hangars observing the mechanics working on the Caudrons.
Sous Lieutenant Archand Dessarce was a different matter altogether. Throwing his rank around, he would not heed any advice Gaston would try to give him. Voscadeaux could see Dessarce was mishandling the engines but would not listen to any guidance. In fact, after Gaston’s remarks Sous Lieutenant Dessarce would abandon any further instructions and order Gaston to let him be. His rank provided all the knowledge he would need. After this announcement Gaston took his leave and decided to concentrate instead on finishing his bottle of wine waiting for him at the mess.

1 February, 1916
Toul, Verdun Sector
Escadrille C17

All flights were still on hold until more observers could be mustered.
Gaston’s Eindecker claim was rejected today due to lack of witnesses. It was a good thing Becquerel was away.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4459617 - 02/02/19 01:16 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Nigel Archibald Notting
Sgt, RFC
4 Sqn Rfc.
Allonville, Flanders

1 Feb 1916.

Went up with 2 a/c to bomb the front lines and met the Hun Monoplanes with forward firing gun. Blimey , we never had a chance. The e/a dropped out of the sun so we never saw them til they opened up on us. I did the best I could Bobing and weaving about the sky. My gunner got off 2 drums full of 303 's and damaged one e/a . He turned away with smoke, Not Confirmed , But we had holes in the elevator and wings and gas leaking out. Ended up being forced down with Infantry amid Shell fire. I found my gunner to be badly wnd. and He stated that he saw our other ship go down with 2 e/a on his tail. Score: 2 Be's lost for 1 unconfirmed damaged.

Attached Files CFS3 2019-02-01 16-50-57-07.jpgCFS3 2019-02-01 16-54-25-14.jpgCFS3 2019-02-01 16-54-30-27.jpgCFS3 2019-02-01 16-58-25-09.jpg
#4459621 - 02/02/19 01:47 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Wulfe Offline
Wulfe  Offline

Sgt. Graham A. Campbell
No. 20 Squadron R.F.C.
Clairmarais Aerodrome, France.

February 1st, 1916:

The Adjutant’s office offered only tedious work. As the clerk, I would take inventory on equipment lists, slogging round the hangars and trying to locate any spare engines, damaged machine parts, ammunition crates, etc. One particular point of annoyance was a drum of Lewis ammunition that had gone missing. I thought it would be of no import, but Adjutant Lovell sent me to locate it, all the same. After several hours of scouring the hangars, with no results, I finally retired to the mess for a break - and found it on the writing desk, where some joker had been using it as a paperweight!

By any means, I was finally back on the active flight roster. Edith, however, was not, and as a result I have been assigned to a new observer, Capt. Barry Ackart. We are also flying A6333, as 6338 is waiting to have the new engine fitted. It felt unusual, climbing into an unfamiliar machine alongside an unfamiliar observer, but, as Switch-off had suggested, I had with me my lucky charm, the small ‘bindle’ of loose tea, which I tied to the control column. It made me feel a little better.

We were given the morning O.P today, near Lille. At 10 past 9, up went the Verey light, and five Beardmore engines roared into life. Graves was in charge of ‘B’ Flight for this show, followed by Reid, McNaughton and myself.

The sky was cloudy, but near St. Omer we found a great big disc that seemed to have been cut from the cloud. We skirted the edges of this disc as we climbed up above 5,000 feet, before heading out all the way down the lines, past Arras and down to Bapaume, further than I’d ever gone on a patrol. After a bitterly long and cold trip, we arrived at Beauhamel, and proceeded to patrol between this city, on our side, and Bapaume, on the Bosche side. Above Beauhamel hung a tremendous wall of cloud, stretching for miles upwards like a cliff-face. It was an eerie sight as we flew towards it, for it felt as if the sky were swallowing our little Fees whole!

Into the cloud we went, as it collapsed around us, and I held the stick tightly until we were through the other side. When I got there, Reid & McNaughton had vanished. I re-formated with Graves and we went back to our patrol. Eventually, after a thoroughly dull period of flying back-and-forth through otherwise empty skies, Graves became fed-up and fired the washout signal. We made our individual ways back towards Clairmarais and, wherever they had gotten to, I assume that Reid & McNaughton also saw the signal, for they arrived about ten minutes after Graves & I.

‘C’ Flight are up for the afternoon patrol. Perhaps they shall see some more action.

[Linked Image]
A6333

Last edited by Wulfe; 02/02/19 01:57 AM.
#4459637 - 02/02/19 06:43 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: 77_Scout]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by 77_Scout
Originally Posted by JJJ65
Of course, I am talking about this mod - WOFFUEMk-1WBomsightsAll_in_Onemod-v1.4 .

I was using V1.0 so was out of date. The newer V1.4 works (did a quick test in a Quick Combat 'Free Flight'). Thanks!!!!

UPDATE: It works in quick-combat but does not work in campaign. Weird.

That is definitely problem in RAF_BE2C_sqd.xdp file. I will update the mod with corrected file today or tomorrow.

#4459685 - 02/02/19 06:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
2 February , 1916 8:21
Toul, Verdun Sector
Escadrille C17

Flight operations were resumed today once Adj. Becquerel returned from his leave. Gaston was paired with Sous Lieutenant Dessarce to attack the Verdun rail yard spur line NE junction. Gaston winced with every engine sputter coming from Dessarce’s plane. If he keeps abusing them like that, he will have no engines left for the return flight. They crossed the lines among the usual puffs of Flak welcoming them to the Front. There were no other planes visible anywhere around, which could not be blamed on the weather. The conditions were perfect allowing for excellent visibility. The rail yard would soon be in range when Voscadeaux noticed dark wisps of smoke emanating from Dessarce’s airplane. The wisps grew larger transforming into trails marking the flight’s location for miles. Sous Lieutenant begun to lose altitude and turned west toward the closest front lines. Gaston pressed on watching the smoke trail disappear in the distance. The rail yard came into view and he noticed a train leaving the station. The Caudron was just flying over it and this gave Gaston an idea. He wondered if he could hit it. He aimed and let one of the bombs go, then watched as the train passed under and the bomb exploded harmlessly behind it. Well that was fun Gaston, but next time account for the train’s movement. He aimed again and released his last bomb over the sheds. He watched it explode just short, inflicting minimal damage. There were no excuses for that one. The sheds weren’t moving even one inch. Gaston sighed. He was sure le Capitaine will order them to repeat the mission tomorrow. He swung his crate around and headed for home. Voscadeaux felt indifferent when he learned that Dessarce made it safely back to the ground on the French side. Gaston would prefer the Sous Lieutenant to get a taste of German hospitality for a while and learn some humility.

#4459780 - 02/03/19 02:28 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Fullofit, sounds like S'Lt. Dessarce is a real prig. It would be nice if something, or someone, would take him down a peg or two. Sorry Gaston's claim was not awarded, those brass hats can be real prigs too.

Wulfe, glad to see that Graham is back on the active roster. Paperwork is such a boar.

Carrick, Nigel and his crew appear to be in the thick of it at the moment. Let's hope things get better for them, else wise there may be none of them left to carry on the fight.

2nd Lt. Swanson had a full day. This morning first thing the Major sent him to St-Omer to fly back his replacement mount - a nice, fresh Morane. Once in the air with it Swany found it to handle beautifully and was quite pleased. He was also stunned once again at just how large the facilities at St-Omer really are.
Upon his return to Auchel he was informed that his new bus would be immediately checked over and made ready for the afternoon mission, a bombing sortie on the Hun aerodrome at Epinoy. Swany looked at the map and was more than a bit nervous when he saw the intended target was at good 15 miles into Hunland. He hoped the new Parasol ran as sweetly there and back as it had from the depot. He needn't have worried, the entire trip went without incident and he and Chris actually got a hit on one of the hangars at Epinoy. On the return home Archie got rather close and bounced them around, but apart from that it was a fine outing. And not a single EA was seen.

Marveling at the size of the facilities at St-Omer.
[Linked Image]

A direct hit at Epinoy!
[Linked Image]

Archie getting just a bit too chummy.
[Linked Image]

#4459810 - 02/03/19 06:12 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Lou, I am hoping Becquerel would be able to take him down a peg, or two. We shall see.
Good to see Swany back in the air and in a brand spanking new machine to boot. Hope he treats her better than his last ride.

3 February , 1916 9:02
Toul, Verdun Sector
Escadrille C17

Just as Gaston suspected, the C.O. let his displeasure be known regarding their poor performance from yesterday and ordered the two men to complete the mission as originally planned. No slip ups, no more bad engines, no misses.
Voscadeaux was following Dessarce over the rail yard he “visited” yesterday. He paid close attention and took great care to aim his bombs. He didn’t want to come back here third day in a row. His aim was true. First bomb went through the roof of the large shed destroying it and the adjacent structure as well. The second bomb exploded in the middle of the yard, setting on fire many crates with supplies and ammunition. He was pleased with himself and returned to the aerodrome in good spirits. S.Ltn. Dessarce managed to keep his Caudron in one piece ... mostly. As he was making his circuits around the base, the engines begun to smoke again. He was able to land among great billows of black smoke and stench of burnt oil. Gaston simply rolled his eyes and headed for the mess.
Adjutant Dumas announced that a new pilot arrived on the base while they were completing their mission. A certain Sergent Gaspar Tourand. Gaston decided to introduce himself tomorrow in the briefing room. He was parched and in need of wine.

#4459836 - 02/03/19 10:06 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Sailor_Steve Offline
Sailor_Steve  Offline

Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S. of ...
I'm really enjoying all these stories and adventures, but I like the videos the most. Unfortunately I don't know how to make them. Any hints?

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done
#4459852 - 02/04/19 12:52 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Toul, 3eme Fevrier, 1916

Ma Chere Violette,
I am hoping this letter will find you in good health. I am writing to you only a few words as I don’t have much time. I have great news! Today, after my mission I was called into our Capitaine’s office. You will remember him from my previous letters. Capitaine de Bondy announced that I am being transferred to a new unit. With the ever-growing threat from the Boche aeroplanes the French Command decided to bolster their scout ranks to protect the vulnerable observation machines. This means moving promising pilots to new units. I’ve been chosen to fly scouts! The little contraptions I’ve been telling you about. I have to pack today and take the train this evening to my new aerodrome west of Verdun. I’ve been told I will be joining Escadrille N37, which means I’ll be flying Nieuports! I will write more once I’m there. I hope you are very proud of me and I miss you and the girls very much! Please give Giselle and Bernadette my love.
Ton mari,
Gaston

P.S.
When I broke the news to Ernest he was very upset, but after discussing it over a bottle of la gnôle I convinced him to let me go and for him to enlist in pilot school. Perhaps we will meet again?

P.P.S.
I had to give Becquerel your picture I kept stuck to the cockpit. He is convinced it is a good luck charm. In return, Ernest gave me his picture when he was still in the army, which I am enclosing in this letter. You’ll finally see what the man looks like.

Attached Files Becquerel.jpg

#4459856 - 02/04/19 01:47 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Hi Steve, I'm pretty new to this as well and started making these shorts just for the DiD Campaign. If you have a recent nVidia card you should be able to get them going as well. Nvidia comes with gForce Experience, which among other things has a video capture utility. (The other company probably also has a utility similar to this, but I'm not familiar with it.) You can get it to run by pressing Alt+F9 (I think that is the default). When you're in gForce Experience app, go to settings:

[Linked Image]

Then select IN-GAME OVERLAY as shown above and click on another button called settings. An overlay should pop up with more settings.

[Linked Image]

The ones you are interested in are: Video capture, where you can adjust recording's resolution, bitrate and other goodies. The other page is Recordings, where you will tell the program where you want your movies to be stored.

Once you have all that sorted and the OVERLAY enabled you should be able to just press Alt+F9 to start recording once you are flying in WoFF. You should get a little green "light" in the corner of the screen telling you that recording is going on. Keep in mind that the movies will be huge. I'm into 10GB for 1 hour of recording and I think the quality is mediocre. Once you have your recording done - it should be in .MP4 format, you can start cutting it to size in your favourite video editing program. I don't use anything fancy. If you have Win 10, just use the Photos app to open the video there and trim it. If you've managed this far then you're halfway there. In Photos app click in top right menu on "Edit & Create". You will get some fun choices to edit the video with:

[Linked Image]

Pick "Trim" and with the scale at the bottom of the picture adjust the video to only the part you want to see.

[Linked Image]

Hint: the white dots indicate the beginning and the end of the trimmed movie. Drag those white dots with your mouse to the desired moment - the movie will adjust while you're dragging so you can see what's happening. Once you're satisfied with your short version of the movie click on "Save as" and specify where you want it saved on your computer.

You will have to create a YouTube account to post videos there. Or Google video account, or Vimeo. Whatever works best for you. If you already have an account, upload your trimmed video there. You will get a link that looks like something like this: "https://youtu.be/7o_wfuSL". Copy this link to clipboard and you are almost done. Now to place it in this post.

Click on the button "Use Full Editor" below your post. You will get this menu. Click on the video button:

[Linked Image]

Then pick the correct format.

[Linked Image]

Pick YouTube Video if you posted your movie to YouTube. A window will come up where you will paste the video link you copied to clipboard earlier. Click on OK. Finish your post and you should be done.

Good luck and … do join us in the DID Campaign!

Attached Files Settings.JPGSettings too.jpgTrim.JPGScale.JPGMenu.JPGVideo.JPG

#4459858 - 02/04/19 01:50 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Wulfe Offline
Wulfe  Offline

Congratulations, Gaston, on moving up to Scouts! May you go on to be France's Ace-of-Aces!

Sgt. Graham A. Campbell
No. 20 Squadron R.F.C.,
Clairmarais Aerodrome, France.

February 3rd, 1916.

After our return yesterday, I headed into the Vincent alongside Jacky-Boy. My compatriot certainly had a spring in his step, practically bounding through the door, and I soon discovered why as Jeanne came bounding into his open arms. After their embrace, we were shown to our table, and sat down for a delicious lunch, consisting of an omelette, freshly fried mushrooms and, of course, a cup of green tea for myself.

As Jeanne glided from table to table, pouring coffee and making eyes at the smitten Jacky-Boy, I nudged his arm and gestured with my eyebrows at the waitress. “Well? How did you manage it, you dog?” I asked, with a smirk. With a grin that made it look as if his entire face would split in two, he leaned in close. “I’ll never tell”. He said, and I almost fell out of my seat. “What! You must!” I responded, as the sly fox fell back in his chair, laughing his head off. Three tables away, Jeanne was laughing too.

Lucky Jacky-Boy. I had, too, developed something of a fondness for Jeanne, only I had not acted upon it. By any means, if I was to retain any sort of morality, the opportunity was lost. Jacky-Boy and I finished our lunch, idly chatting among ourselves about our various trips out over the front, as I pushed my disappointment to the back of my mind.

We returned to our Billet, only to find Switch-off dragging a packed suitcase down the front steps. “The C.O says we have to move closer to the aerodrome!” he explained to us, and Jacky-Boy let out a groan, called the Major a ‘Bloody Bore’, and skulked off inside to begin packing up his things.

Our new Billet was a cozy little stone cottage that sat down a road a short walk from the aerodrome, which the four of us were to be bundled into. Pleasantly, it was next-door to a three-storey building which housed some more of our fellows, including Archer and Pearson. Jimmy Reynard was off on the ‘C’ flight show, so we decided that we’d pack his things and bring them along, on his behalf.

It didn’t take us long to settle in and make the place our own. Switch-off’s lucky scarf found a home on the hat-rack by the door, and his gramophone was placed in the corner, on top of an old empty crate. The furniture was hastily rearranged with our future card-games in mind, and Jimmy Reynard decorated the wall above his bunk with several raunchy pictures of young ladies that he’d procured in various magazines in St. Omer. Magazines, I may add, that only Reynard seemed to be able to locate.

After a night of wagering over card-games, in which young Switch-off was made poorer but wiser by us all, we retired for the evening.

The morning rolled in, and once more I marvelled at the frost-touched land as we made our way, sharing cigarettes between us, to the briefing-room. Being far closer to the aerodrome than we were used to, we were even early, to the visible surprise of half of our pilots. Even the immovable Major’s eyebrows raised slightly.

‘B’ flight had the morning show - we were being sent back to Bapaume, this time on a Reconnaissance. Happily, Reynard would be accompanying us as one of the two covering Fees - the other being flown by McNaughton. As we walked towards our machines, Graves & Reid idly discussed the route towards the target - what landmarks to use, et cetera. Reynard, with Bristow (his Observer), sidled up alongside me. “Ho, Cambell, A’ve nivver been that far doon the lines, what’s it like doon there?” he asked, cautiously. I patted him on the back, grinning. “Not a Hun in the sky, Jimmy! And the archie gunners are half-asleep. Save for the length of the trip, it’s a perfectly pleasant show!”. This seemed to reassure Reynard, who breathed a happy sigh of relief as he pulled his flying cap over his red mess of hair.

At my machine I again found Capt. Ackart waiting for me. “Morning, Campbell”. He said, with a slight air of contempt in his voice. It was no secret that the Captain-Observers didn’t care one bit for the idea of flying with a Sergeant-Pilot at the controls. I merely nodded, as I climbed into the Cockpit of A6333, tying my tea-bundle charm around the flight stick. Down the flight-line, I caught Reynard’s eye, and he cheerfully waved to me. The Ack-Emmas presently had our engines purring over, and the Verey light went up. Down the airfield we went, our Beardmores roaring out Forty, Fifty, Sixty miles an hour, and soon we were all up, five machines, soaring into the blue.

We made the usual climb around St. Omer, into a beautifully blue sky with lazy high cumulus rolling forth. One cloud in particular caught my eye, for to me it looked just like one of the four lion statues that stood at the feet of Nelson’s Column in London. I cannot explain why I saw this, but there it was! We passed SOuth under the Lion’s feet, and headed out past the Foret de Nieppe, and towards our target at Bapaume.

After a long and eventless flight, with Reynard & McNaughton flying quite a ways ahead of us, the lines came into view as we crossed over the top of Arras, passing by a pair of B.E’s, who’s crews cheerily waved to us. As our shadows crept into the mud, Ackart and I sharpened up. Above us, a lone French Nieuport wheeled across the sky. Below, our boys in the trenches were having a hard time - every now and then, the ground would rear up as German shells came down around the front-lines. I grimaced in sympathy as I watched one such shell land in the centre of a British trench. Leaving the Tommies to their own war, we crossed into Hunland and Reid’s bus manoeuvred into position to photograph his target. We begun to hear the now-familiar ‘woof-woof’ of Archie around us, as we indifferently glided over the German lines at 5,500 feet, but the fire was just as lazy and inaccurate as yesterday, and we made our rounds without much trouble, and turned for home.

On the return trip, 6333’s engine suddenly begun to splutter, and quickly died. I switched to the Gravity tank, and the engine thankfully coughed into life. Checking my map, and my position, I decided to put in at Izel Les Hameux aerodrome. The Ack-Emmas looked over our machine, and found that a seal on the fuel line had deteriorated and broke away, assuring Ackart that we would be on our way by the early evening. After telephoning Clairmarais, I was invited by a cheery-faced pilot, Lieutenant Lawrence, to join him in No. 13 Squadron’s mess. As it turns out, theirs were the two B.E’s we’d seen coming across the lines. They, too, had been photographing German troop positions around Bapaume, and we discussed the possibility of an upcoming push in the area. We stayed to have our dinner with the chaps of No. 13, who later came out to enviously scrutinise 6333, some of them even asking to climb aboard and get a feel for the cockpit. Ackart allowed this, and after a warm goodbye we headed home, for an evening of songs in our own mess, with Pearson tinkling pleasantly away on the piano.

No pictures this time, I'm afraid! Storytelling may be a little scarce, that pesky 'real world' has been running interference again >:(

Last edited by Wulfe; 02/04/19 01:52 AM.
#4459861 - 02/04/19 02:04 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Sailor_Steve Offline
Sailor_Steve  Offline

Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S. of ...
Awesome! Thanks for the info. My card is from "The Other Company", but I'm sure from here I'll be able to figure it out. Thanks again.

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done
#4459863 - 02/04/19 02:55 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Wulfe]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by Wulfe
Congratulations, Gaston, on moving up to Scouts! May you go on to be France's Ace-of-Aces!

Wulfe, thanks for the vote of confidence! I am not so optimistic myself. A stable two-engined Caudron is a totally different beast to a squirrelly, lose-your-wings-at-any-moment scout. Time will tell.
So, Jeanne’s been spoken for. jawdrop That didn’t take too long.
Also, it looks like there is much more traffic going on in your part of the woods. Gaston barely sees a soul on his patrols. It’s possible he may need glasses.

No pictures this time, I'm afraid! Storytelling may be a little scarce, that pesky 'real world' has been running interference again >:(

What? Not even during halftime? duck

#4459864 - 02/04/19 02:56 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Sailor_Steve]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by Sailor_Steve
Awesome! Thanks for the info. My card is from "The Other Company", but I'm sure from here I'll be able to figure it out. Thanks again.

You are welcome. Let us know how it goes.

#4459896 - 02/04/19 12:00 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Fullofit]  
Wulfe Offline
Wulfe  Offline

Originally Posted by Fullofit

So, Jeanne’s been spoken for. jawdrop That didn’t take too long.

Ah, well, I wanted to get a little more out of that 'storyline', but being pressed for time (yes, even during half-time!! wink ) I felt it best to expedite things a little, before I forgot about it entirely! Jacky-Boy isn't complaining.

As for the traffic, it's welcome so long as it remains as only B.E's and Nieuports! Not seen much of anything since Campbell & Edith gave the fokker-aviatik flight a good seeing to...

#4459921 - 02/04/19 04:05 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: JJJ65]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by 77_Scout
Of course, I am talking about this mod - WOFFUEMk-1WBomsightsAll_in_Onemod-v1.4 .

I was using V1.0 so was out of date. The newer V1.4 works (did a quick test in a Quick Combat 'Free Flight'). Thanks!!!!

UPDATE: It works in quick-combat but does not work in campaign. Weird.

That is definitely problem in RAF_BE2C_sqd.xdp file. I will update the mod with corrected file today or tomorrow.

OT - Fixed version of Bombsight mod v1.5 available in this: thread

Last edited by JJJ65; 02/04/19 04:07 PM.
#4459925 - 02/04/19 04:27 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
About transfers and awards - a reminder

Congrats, Fullofit, on your quick transfer.

In case you are all wondering, about two weeks ago Fullofit had a random visit from the Campaign gods informing him that he could apply for a transfer to Escadrille N37. In keeping with the premise of the Deep Immersion Campaign, this is something we can each hope for in time. In his case, the build-up of French scout squadrons in the Verdun sector (and Gaston's knack for annoying his various bosses) suggested the move. In time, we'll all get the call.

Also, awards will be issued by the Campaign gods, following historic norms. While German pilots can announce their Ehrenbechers when they get them in-game, all other awards will come from the Campaign Gong Fairy (AKA Louvert). The only exception are Lou himself, who'll get his awards from me, and me, who will rely to Lou to confirm any of my pilot's awards.

At least one British mention in despatches is in the works, but since Haig did not issue his first despatch until May 1916, MiD's will not be announced until mid-May -- should the recipient(s) live so long!

Have fun!!!

Raine

#4459929 - 02/04/19 05:22 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
There's always Comic Cuts, Raine. They've been going since 1915

#4459937 - 02/04/19 06:29 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by Raine
About transfers and awards - a reminder

And believe me, no one was more surprised than Gaston.

BTW, what happens when the Dead is Dead pilot ... dies?
How do we enlist the next one? Does he have to fly training missions? Start in a two-seater? Can he lead a normal life knowing that he has just died in his previous incarnation?

#4459943 - 02/04/19 06:52 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

Hey, congrats on the transfer!

The powers that be willing, I'll try to keep Julius at Bertincourt for as long as possible. The field is perfectly situated for the coming battle of the Somme, and I imagine that would offer some nice storytelling possibilities... provided that Julius stays alive, of course. *knocks on wood*

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
Page 18 of 366 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?