Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
#4459606 - 02/02/19 12:24 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah that was fun, thanks for joining Oden. It was very easy to get hooked up and play missions. It was what I hoped it would be, but certain would not be smile

Can't believe it was so smooth really.

Anyway, as Oden and I are two straight-up gangstas for real, I managed to capture this

Sitting on the sofa watching Princess Robot Bubblegum is hard core.

Let's do something really impressive indeed!

Attached Files impressive.jpg

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4459659 - 02/02/19 02:16 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
This is how our session went, in case anyone is wondering what it's like. Of course, this was the first time for either of us to try this.

We met up on SimHQs Team Speak. There are in game comms, which we will try, but we wanted to be sure we could work through connection issues. Of which there were none!

We had set one another as friends in the Social Club, and once I launched the server I needed to send an invite to my man Oden, which he saw straight away and was able to join me, this took just seconds. Once Oden was in, I jumped in a helo (Buzzard) to go pick him up and take him on a sightseeing cruise. Spotted him and landed in the middle of the street. But he was unable to get in my helicopter. Oden alt-tabbed out to search a solution, but not immediately found. After logging off later, I looked it up. The reason you couldn't get in Oden was because I used the CEO menu to spawn that choppa. Only players in my organization can get in CEO vehicles. That associate request I sent would have fixed it (you would become my employee) , but we didn't get around to accepting it, as we jumped in one of my cars and went looking for action.

I can spawn a Buzzard for free from the CEO menu, but with the organization restriction described above. Or I can call Pegasus to get one, but that has a $500 fee. Not a lot of money, but more than free. So that's worked out, and means if you want a helo I can spawn one for you, or you can join my setup and enter these vehicles. So we can fly around in our own private helicopter squadron if we want smile

So we leave the helicopter there in the street and steal a car nearby and head to my place. Oden's in the market for his own digs, so I want to show him mine so he can get an idea of what the high end apartments are like. We drive in to the garage, and go to use the elevator to go upstairs. But Oden is denied. I suggest he go around front and ring the bell, while I go upstairs. He does and my bell rings and a menu comes up and I can let him in and give him a quick tour. At this point my dog is crossing his legs and so we need to take a break, which is why you see us watching Princess Robot Bubblegum. After Oden left later I sold the 'taxi' we borrowed for 3 grand.

I asked Oden if he wanted to try a mission and he was keen, so we fired up a contact mission (Where Credit's Due), which is easy. Steal a pink Zion from a beauty salon and drive it back to the dealership, evading the cop response along the way. I drove to the location and Oden drove the mark, with me in the passenger seat. Oden drove it like he stole it and lost the cops like a pro and back to the delivery spot. A cool 10k payout apiece plus the rank points.

In the vote screen right after we chose the mission Rockford Roll, which is another car steal mission. It loads in seconds and we are off to the location. We spot a shady looking car around the corner with a couple of guys sitting it in looking like the Feds, earpieces and dark suits. So Oden hops out and I place my car in front of the Fed's car, so if they try to pursue, they will need to negotiate the obstacle and buy us some time to get away.

We jump in the mark car with me driving. Again we evade the cops, return the car, 10 k plus points. Easy money.

It's rather late in Svendeland so we do one more, this time with a little gunfire. It's a straightforward mission (Pier Pressure) to take out some bangers under Santa Monica Pier and steal their meth. I asked Oden about his weapons and he had just the pistol, so we drive to Ammunation and Oden buys a nice assault rifle. Then off to the beach.

We come up with a tactical plan and open fire, gunning them all down. I take a number of hits and have to change my armor, but we both live through it and Oden grabs the meth and we drive it back to the delivery spot. This one payed out 15k plus points and Oden got a good amount of ammo from the dead esses. So in about 30 minutes we made 35k and Oden ranked up like three times. Good stuff.

Time was limited since it was late. We wanted to play some golf, but time ran out. We will do that Sunday, and I'd like to try some racing too. We are looking to play around noon eastern tomorrow so PM or post if you want to join us. As mentioned in my last post, I was surprised by how well everything went. Connections are fast and smooth, the invite/join stuff is fast, missions load quickly. No troubles. To have everything go so well on the first try is fantastic, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. Got some money to make smile

#4459673 - 02/02/19 04:54 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Good summary.
I just played some Golf and managed 5 out of 9 on par, the other ones will not be discussed here smile
Also ranked 12 now, good times good times.

#4459675 - 02/02/19 05:10 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
OK nicely done, we will play a round tomorrow. That's easy RP and fun too.

Rank 12 already? Movin' up!

Which apartments are you considering?

#4459676 - 02/02/19 05:17 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Haven't really put much thought to it due to cost (waiting for that February 250k)

Edit
and wait! I forgot to tell I made that pier thingy all solo, Britsh L85 assaultrifles makes a difference smile

Last edited by theOden; 02/02/19 05:19 PM.
#4459680 - 02/02/19 05:42 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good work. I found out we don't get the weekend money until next weekend.

"As the result of a class-action settlement with the citizens of Los Santos, Alan Jerome Productions – the fine people who brought you the blood-thirsty hybrid of automotive combat and gladiatorial competition that is Arena War TV – has been ordered to compensate the people of Southern San Andreas with up to GTA$1M each. Jump into GTA Online each weekend in February and you'll be awarded a GTA$250K gift that will be waiting for you in your Maze Bank account when you log in the following weekend. "

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events

Do you have a controller Oden?

#4459681 - 02/02/19 05:58 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I can wait a week no worries.
If I buy a slumhouse with a rusty garage, can I sell that later and buy a high end apartmenet next weekend?

Not using controller no (ps3, ps4 and xbox style you mean, right?)

#4459682 - 02/02/19 06:03 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, that style. No worries, just wondering if you'd be able to fly a helicopter comfortably.

You cannot sell a house, but you can trade it in, at a loss (50%?). Not sure what the loss is. The low and medium end apartments are cheap so it wouldn't mean much in the end.

I recommend you do this so you can get a garage and the free Elegy.

#4459686 - 02/02/19 06:20 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Check this link. Very useful for choosing a property.

GTAO Property Database

You could simply buy a garage to get the Elegy, with no living quarters. Cheapest one is the one on Popular Street for just 25k (2 cars). But a fool needs a place to crash right?

124 Popular Street Garage

Cheapest Apartment is 112 S Rockford Drive . Not the best neighborhood. Poor schools. Well water. That one is 80k

One of the ones I was considering is 4 Hangman Ave . Eventually I decided to just hold out for high end. But I liked this one aside from the access, twisty roads. Not far from Franklin's house in single player. But it's 175k so probably better to hold out. Still, a good location, aside from the access, a nice back yard and a 6-car garage.

If I were looking for a low end I would probably choose 1115 Boulevard Del Perro . 2-car garage, price is a reasonable 93k. Good location near the beach, and a couple of blocks from my office (and my helicopters)

"With a funky retro decor and carpeted throughout, you can literally smell the history in this Del Perro apartment that features an almost unobstructed ocean view for an almost unbeatable price. Includes 2-car garage."

If you don't buy one today, we can jump in the Buzzard and go on a tour of the properties you are considering tomorrow.

#4459691 - 02/02/19 07:05 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

DBond.
Can you lend me some cash?

"The Aquarius Yacht "
8,000,000 only!

What a bargain!

Now I need to jump from a bridge haha, not getting that robbing small stores am I?

#4459698 - 02/02/19 07:52 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Sure you can have whatever I have. You might be a few million short though smile

The yachts are cool, but virtually every comment I've read says the player regretted the purchase. That's a heavy bill. But if I had millions to burn why not. You get four jetskis!

No you won't get that much from hold ups, but jumping off bridges pays even less.

I can't believe no one else has expressed interest in this. Well, so be it! We can roll as a deuce. Who needs to do heists anyway? smile

There is plenty to do otherwise.

#4459730 - 02/03/19 12:32 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Well, I bought it again! biggrin

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4459748 - 02/03/19 04:01 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
We gotta recruit you letterboy. We need some gunmen and getaway drivers smile

Gave my motorcycle another go now that I have the controller and whoa nelly! What a difference. I like the bikes now.

For anyone looking for a street bike I recommend the Akuma. Insane acceleration and fantastic handling all for 9k. 9k! You can make that in 5 minutes.

#4459760 - 02/03/19 11:07 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Got myself an apartment now but not as stellar views as you DBond.
Pretty good side view towards the Golf Club but the main view over the beach is blocked by a bloody Bank complex.
I need some good TNT for that.

10 car garage with 7 vehicles currently - that's what I'm doing at the moment, out stealing cars (shame on me).
Found a Pontic Firebird I think it is, I'm not that good with cars, and it had pretty good handling so I drove by a paint shop and had it yellow and blue to make it my swedish car - anti-volvo as I now call it.

Unless my private profile blocks it you can view it here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1643666488

Also got me a cab (possible mercedes?) that sounds just raw and awesome and by far my best car to date.

Doing good so far, I can still work on my driving skills (as you well know DBond haha) but I'm getting there.
I think I manage high speed mental driving on the highways better than downtown zig-zag mayhem.

Last edited by theOden; 02/03/19 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
#4459777 - 02/03/19 01:52 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I like your style smile

Which apartment did you buy? What's the address? I'll stop over later

The Anti-Volvo eh?

Should we try the in-game chat system today? I had to go to Settings>Voice Chat and turn it on. I also had to adjust volume there (it was all set to zero). There are other settings such as sound FX and Music volume during voice chat plus Mic volume/sensitivity etc to set. It may take a little experimentation to get the balance right.

Or should we stick with TS since it works fine?

I think stick with TS, since it would let a new guy contact us and get in while we are playing. Let's use the BMS room since I'm sure it's empty.

Last edited by DBond; 02/03/19 02:31 PM.

#4459778 - 02/03/19 01:54 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh yeah... go to the internet and the Legendary Motorsports website. Sort by price and find the Annis Elegy RH8 (if set to ascending price it will be the first one since it's FREE!) Buy this car. smile

Make sure there is one open slot in your garage, which, according to your post, may not be as you've become quite the car thief biggrin

I think you should aim to get in to the Import/Export business down the line. I will also be partaking in that line of work. Once I can afford to get in that is.

Aside from the Akuma bike I recommended earlier, I'll add the Bati 801. At 15k this one is also a snip. I bought one now that I can actually ride the bikes well. It's faster than the Akuma, but doesn't accelerate or handle as well but looks fantastic, nicer than the Akuma in my view.. And it sounds like a moped. But it is extreme performance for a bargain basement price. It's interesting how they did the vehicles Some of the best ones are ridiculously inexpensive. And others are ridiculously expensive and aren't all that great.

A few random screens I've snapped in the past few days

I've been flying the helicopter often. Can I increase FOV in aircraft? Everything's done in first person

[Linked Image]

It's a thug's life. Arriving at my chopper to go on a mission

[Linked Image]

Cruising in the Elegy

[Linked Image]

Preparing for takeoff on a Sightseer mission

[Linked Image]

Anitaliasing was off as I experimented with some stuff, so please excuse that.

Attached Files 20190202202731_1.jpg20190202232614_1.jpg20190203002534_1.jpg20190203004708_1.jpg
Last edited by DBond; 02/03/19 03:24 PM.

#4459797 - 02/03/19 03:55 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Nice pics.
I was planning for a club or something to launder money and maybe get some continous income, I have no idea how it works.

The free car has now been taken care of, thanks for heads up.
Still 2 slots free though smile
Last few cars I tried to steal and hide in my garage was blocked with a notice, would been appreciated if they told me before I took it.

Voice, yeah TS is ok and good for people wanna try this out in our secure team biggrin
But it would be nice if we can run a short test, I've noticed the settings just like you and it seems to be voice activated only.

Anyhow, need to finish my dinner creation deluxe to be ready in an hour or so.

#4459803 - 02/03/19 05:09 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm on Team Speak now. Launching the server.

If anyone is interested in joining, hop in the F4 BMS Team Speak room and we can add you so you can join. You must complete the online tutorial to join an online session.

See you over Los Santos.

#4459812 - 02/03/19 06:41 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I don't know the Teamspeak address or your in game name I thought we had a SimHQ server on the website but I don't see it. In game tap the Home key go to the social tab and search me; KurtBong, add me as a friend. I have facilities and stuff we can run some of your missions and get you cash to move up in the world. I also have a huge library of custom races both community made and my own. There are a lot of cool skill games as well.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 02/03/19 07:03 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4459824 - 02/03/19 08:18 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

GTA intensifies.
Mr Bong joined us with his rank 15 brazillion and came around in a flying car!
As a shaky rank 16 I was swept in into the most intense action to date.
We drove some M2HB equipped monster into an army style base and all hell broke loose.
We got what we came for and started our getaway with cops all over the place and after one helluva ride we failed but man, that was action.

I need to take a shower after this.

Robbing stores suddenly came into a very different light smile

I have some work to do haha.

Will we see letterboy join too? Rumors on CNN says so!

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.