Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
#4459318 - 01/30/19 05:01 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's gotta be just Bong, doesn't it? Yeah, Bong.

Are ya free Sunday Bong? I imagine you have a helicopter and a Karuma? Good pilot? Join us smile

It would be really good to have someone who has done this, do this. Less pain, more gain.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4459319 - 01/30/19 05:03 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
DBond you need the High End Apt to run Heists (and the Garage to keep cars). Later when you become a CEO you'll need an Office and you'll likely never set foot in your apt that much. As a CEO you'll have businesses like a car theft ring for which you'll need a Garage to keep stolen cars in and sell from, you'll also have a few other "businesses" like a Weed Farm, Meth Lab, Underground Bunkers, the list is staggering.
I'll probably be busy Sunday, isn't the Superbowl this week or is it next?

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 01/30/19 05:05 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4459320 - 01/30/19 05:05 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh I got that stuff. Well not the CEO warehouses. But the other stuff yeah. I'm good to roll. Made some good money running Sightseer yesterday.

Is this thing on? biggrin

Superbowl is this Sunday, but not until 6 right? Plenty of time.

Last edited by DBond; 01/30/19 05:07 PM.

#4459333 - 01/30/19 06:35 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

For readers holding off GTA due to console controllers and not sure KBM will help I will now assure your it does.
Just frigging amazing!

Enter game I play the intro for the 58th time but now 1st time with mouse (and 1st person) and it was all an old bitter ArmA player needed.
Suddenly I could hit things and got so eager I ran right into a cop hiding behind a car and I got headshotted or something - had to redo this intro just like I've done on PS4 so many times but now with a smile - sooo much easier.

First car theft as the black guy was a new game for a thumb-invalido like me, holy moses so much easier - first time I delivered the bloody car with the hood still on.

So, thank you DBond and Bong for making me installing this at last (Social Club was a hassle though, seemed I had an account on my email since earlier attempts and had to reset and God knows what to get this going)

Will try to become less nooby until weekend DBond, but I can not promise anything but you'll be the boss and answer for our success biggrin

(and yes, this is some steps away from hunting SA-6 launchers over Balkans haha)

#4459335 - 01/30/19 07:03 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Awesome, and I agree. First person has made the game fun for me. Especially combat, and moving during combat. Much better for me. I lose SA to a degree, a third-person player is going to see a lot more, but so what. Happy to hear you didn't hate it straight away smile

Yes, do some stuff and rank up. Get some wheels and a good weapon. Skills aren't important, but ranking up increases health, and that's vital, especially when we run heists. I had read it's 20% increase for every 10 ranks, but don't know if it's accurate.

Golf is good for rank points and increasing strength. No money in it though. Got 4350 RP for shooting a 66 yesterday. Easy points.

You'll be given a mission to bring a car to Los Santos Customs to claim your first permanent vehicle. Take your time and choose one that you think is cool. Don't be like me and drive in to LSC with a car you don't want. I started with a black Sentinel, but there are plenty to choose from. The Sabre is a popular first car, but not the best in first person, at least for me. The view is paramount if you also choose to drive in first person. So steal a bunch and try them out. You may be driving this car for a while (until you get a garage for the Elegy)

When ready to quit your session, be sure to choose 'Leave GTA Online' from the Online menu to be sure it saves your progress. It will take you back to story mode.

To avoid getting kicked for idling, bring up the internet on your phone and flip on one of the videos in the Entertainment section. Like Princess Robot Bubblegum. Some of these are really funny. That way you can go grab a drink or walk the dog or whatever and not worry about it.

#4459428 - 01/31/19 02:34 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Another tip for quick, mostly-easy cash. Check the Daily Objectives. Every day there are three Daily Objectives. If you complete them you get 25k. If you do this every day for a week it's a 100k, and for a month 500k. Some days an objective might be one I won't get, like kill 20 players. But other days it's cake. Like yesterday, it was join a race, blow up 10 cars and go to the shooting range. I did the blow up 10 cars by running the Blow it Up missions which meant another 25k, so 50k in less than 30 minutes, not counting the cost of the explosives smile

Access this through the interaction menu (M by default) This is one of the most important menus, you'll be using it constantly, but as a new player it isn't obvious. Here you will eat snacks (restore health), put on body armor, put on a mask (use one when robbing stores!), access CEO/VIP missions and vehicles and lots more.

Anyone know of a good resource showing car paint jobs and the colors used? It would be good to be able to respray with less experimentation (and expense!)

#4459451 - 01/31/19 06:34 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I am just full of news.... and it's mostly good

Promotion this month. Log in to GTAO every weekend in February and you'll get 250k each. So do it for the full month and that's a cool million free. So just logging in this weekend gives enough money to buy a high-end apartment. Not bad.

Buzzard Helos are 35% off right now. Lots of other discounts (brake and engine mods!), but I want me some wings.

I am going to stop by the local Staples after work and see if they have any XBox Controllers. If I leave Staples with one, I will splash some cash on a whirly-bird. That'll make getting around Sunday a bit of a hoot.

#4459482 - 01/31/19 10:36 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
Mark Aisthorpe Offline
Crazy Courier
Mark Aisthorpe  Offline
Crazy Courier

London UK
If your going to get a wireless XBox controller make sure its one that comes with the Windows dongle or you wont be able to use it on your PC.

Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
#4459499 - 02/01/19 01:49 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah good call Mark. I am also wise in the PC ways and knew to avoid having to deal with connectivity, recharging and wondering where I put it. So I managed to snag a USB controller and it worked straight away. Staples only had a Logitech Dual Shock knock off, so I had to drive 20 minutes farther to Walmart, but they had the goods. 20 bucks, not bad.

Fired up GTA and went to Flight School and tested it out. That's better. My character's flying skills are as low as they can be, so I'll need some seat time. Rather unsteady at this stage. But once I get those skills up things should level out.

#4459526 - 02/01/19 02:40 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
After doing the first Flight School test in the jet I exited and then hopped a security fence at the airport and stole a helicopter. Not really interested in fixed wings at this point. But i needed to see how flying helos with the controller was. This went well, though 'turbulence' is pretty bad. I thought it was my flying skill being so low, but apparently it's more to do with turbulence.

After that initial successful experiment, I bought a Buzzard attack helicopter. It's on sale at the mo (it was free at Christmas! Grrrr), And I then spent virtually the whole evening flying it around, getting the hang of it. I used it to run the Sightseer mission a few times. Easy peasy. Flying among the buildings downtown, or under bridges is good fun. Just wish it didn't wobble all over. It is exactly like being in a small boat in rough waters. Even in a hover it just bobs about. But the utility it will bring, the speed moving around the map will be a big help. Plus it's fun and imparts a certain cachet upon my character smile

In no time at all I was flying to my apartment or office and landing on the roof and then taking off to go somewhere else. The controller makes all the difference of course. Just wish I could use Track IR lol. I can actually spawn two Buzzards, so Oden can have one too.

I'm curious about the mechanics of getting a invite session going. I know how to launch the server, but the inviting and comms is a mystery, Does the in-game comms work flawlessly and automatically? I have the setting for comms as 'friends and crew' so I assume that when Oden joins my server we can talk just like that? This is why we need a grizzled GTAO vet to lead the way and make this seamless.

#4459528 - 02/01/19 02:46 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Do we need a backup plan like my old TS server (not sure I can get that up and running though)?

#4459529 - 02/01/19 02:56 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah I was thinking we will use SimHQs TS at first, at least to get past any joining issues. I haven't had my mic hooked up since I was playing Elite, almost a year I think. Gotta give that some attention before Sunday.

#4459531 - 02/01/19 03:15 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Was peeling a friday-orange in the kitchen and it struck me we have the SimHQ TS - now I see you are more awake than I am haha.
G'f'da..
biggrin

#4459538 - 02/01/19 04:17 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'll enjoy it while it lasts smile

Oden and I might do a test this evening. If all goes well we are on for a Sunday romp. Anyone else want to get their gangsta on? Post here or PM me with your Social Club handle and I will add you. I will only add you if I know who you are so be sure to contact me about it. PC version of course.

As mentioned I see this as an open server for SimHQ members. Max is 30 players so no problems there. If you want to try/play GTAO but avoid the hackers and griefers this is the place to do it. The idea is no different really from our Falcon servers. An open server where you can do whatever you want, join others or go lone wolf. But I'll kick those who ruin it for the rest.

I've been gaming for 30+ years. I have played a lot of games. But few I have tried have the potential for pure fun that this one does when playing with friends. Oden and I are both low level, noobs really, so don't hesitate to join us even if you've never played or are low level yourself. Aside from the fun, payouts and rewards are increased when playing with friends/crew so you'll rank and get rich faster as well.

But we need to get it working first.

#4459540 - 02/01/19 04:51 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
There is a way to have a session to yourself for at least a little while. One person disconnects his internet for a moment and ends up in a solo session, he then invites everyone to a mission and you will all be in that session with no other players, if you can get two groups as rivals (even if you aren't fighting each other) you will have less NPC's to contend with in those missions.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4459542 - 02/01/19 04:58 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wait what are you saying? If I start an Invite Only session it can have people I didn't invite? We aren't in a private server?

I mean, why do the network trick instead of just host an Invite Only. What am I missing or misunderstanding?

#4459548 - 02/01/19 06:07 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Feeling a bit panicked, I did some searching and from what I can tell, correct me if I am wrong, the network trick is used to clear a public lobby, correct? This is desirable when you want to be able to play with just friends but have the full suite of missions available (like crates or I/E, which require public). But we don't care about those missions and are fine with the slightly reduced options in Invite Only. I hope it works like I think it will. Doubt creep....

#4459557 - 02/01/19 07:37 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Maybe "coop" as we old farts prefer isn't a thing anymore?

Anyhow, as you say evading cops is not by going fast but making the right turn and stay clear of their cones, just got away after catching a bounty-dude driving a not-sure-what-it-was but it looked like an old phone-pole repair mans best used vehicle (didn't bother to call insurance for my personal car after my latest failure) smile

But I got me another $10k at Maude's.
Level 5 now and a good way towards 6 (sounds like Wizard level 5 with a green lettuce hat.. or sorts of).

Also received a treasure "picture", is there any other clues than that low-pixel picture?
I mean, if it was Chernarus I would probably know exactly what spot it is and 7 different events I've had in the vincinity but here in this new world I feel a bit lost.

This is getting more fun the more I understand of it.

Edit:
Btw, I have pretty severe loading times into Online mode, is it just me?

Last edited by theOden; 02/01/19 07:39 PM.
#4459564 - 02/01/19 07:56 PM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The only clues are in the email and the pic. I know, not much to go on. There are 20 possible locations for the first clue, so I cannot help much unless you posted a screen of the email. A chime tone will be heard if you are near the spot.

Now at level 5 you will get the contact missions and these will really get you ranking up quickly. Run the two we talked about in the PM. These are easy and a quick way to progress. If you didn't get them when hitting rank 5 you might have to meet Simeon.

Yes, "Kite, Don't Run" should be the evasion mantra smile

Load times can be long yes, a bit shorter in Invite Only. But it can take a few minutes. Normal, I think.

#4459604 - 02/02/19 12:18 AM Re: So I decided to play GTA V [Re: DBond]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Just had a blast online with DBond, earned some good cash and looking forward to buy an apartment soon smile
Really recommend others to join us, much much easier when more than one.

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.