#4457981 - 01/19/19 06:17 PM Medical Medium  
Marc Offline
Marc  Offline

Corona, California
Is it just me that thinks this guy is a bit screwy
:

Marc..

Last edited by Marc; 01/19/19 06:55 PM.

HP-Compaq-8100-Elite-SFF-Intel-Core-i5-660-3-33GHz-8GB-250GB-Windows7, GTX1050 -X45+Rudder Pedals, Playseat Challenge
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4458056 - 01/20/19 11:04 AM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I'm not sure I can sit through the whole video but I saw mention of Thyroid problems which I am very familiar with. Initially diagnosed with hypothyroidism and after treatment I've gone the other way (hyperthyroidism). Is he suggesting that if I bought his book I can cure myself?

He sounds a lot like my brother who is convinced that herbal and natural remedies can cure all. When he starts his spiel I just tune out as do most of the family.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4458063 - 01/20/19 02:07 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Disgusting.

It is one thing to believe in these things, but people trying to make money out of the gullibility of others sickens me. It reminds me of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

#4458085 - 01/20/19 05:50 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
How does a lemon regrow hairs in your ears, exactly?

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4458091 - 01/20/19 06:24 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: 462cid]  
Marc Offline
Marc  Offline

Corona, California
Originally Posted by 462cid
How does a lemon regrow hairs in your ears, exactly?

Hahaha winkngrin

Marc..

HP-Compaq-8100-Elite-SFF-Intel-Core-i5-660-3-33GHz-8GB-250GB-Windows7, GTX1050 -X45+Rudder Pedals, Playseat Challenge
#4458159 - 01/21/19 03:27 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

"Its not about the money, I could be sponsored by anybody on the planet but I dont because it's not about the money. It's about you guy's heath!"

Proceeds to try to sell his cook book instead of just posting it for free for everyone to read.

#4458180 - 01/21/19 06:14 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
A college friend was a total mess up. Literally if he was given 2 choices and told that one choice would win 99% of the time, he would pick the choice with the 1% chance to work.

Anyways, he had Crohns and decided that he didn't like to get the colonoscopy. So he went 10 years without, even though his doctor kept telling him to get one. I won't get into his second stupidest life choice, but he goes 6 months basically without eating. He went from weighing 180 pounds to 120 pounds and yet refused to admit that anything was wrong. My GF at the time cooked a pasta meal, the hottest thing in the meal was the sweet bell peppers. He takes two bites and then gets extremely mad, tosses the fork on the plate and then denounces my GF for making a meal with habanero peppers. He stormed out of the gathering.

That was it, I was done with the guy, I don't talk to him for a month and I get a phone call from his sister, she tells me he was in a massive accident and was having major surgery and was in surgery for hours and was still there. Ends up they went to work on him and found out he had tumors all over his intestine and the rest of that area.

Anyways they stabilize him and later tell him that he is Stage IV. After a couple of months they tell him they expect him to have 5 years to live with a reasonable chemo schedule. I talk to him and ask him why he didn't get the colonoscopy that had been requested. He wouldn't give me an answer. I told him be strong and he could still have a good amount of life with his family.

After the second month, he was complaining that he would miss a week a month of doing anything, He was upset he was unable to do anything from the bi-monthly chemo rounds. Basically he got the chemo and then had 3 to 4 days a bed ridden vomit. He hated it. I explained to him his family was wealthy and when he wasn't doing chemo, he could travel with them and everything.

Anyways, he went back to his homeopathic doctor and the guy convinced him it was the chemo that was killing him. He told him if he just took wheatgrass shots and ate a bunch of organic veggies, he would find the cancer would go away.

I went to eat with him and he announced his decision to me. Pissed, I told him that the homeopathic guy was a snake-oil salesman and not doing the chemo would kill him. He then told me that he skipped his last chemo and he feels better than ever and actually had energy again. He said the wheatgrass was working and he even ran a mile the day before. I was quite mad, I got up from the table at the restaurant and got ready to leave. My last words to him were, "I can't believe you would listen to that snake-oil salesman, you're family loves you and want you around for as long as possible, but instead you'll be dead in 90 days."

He barely made it to 45 days.

I despise homeopathic doctors. The guy had the gall to call his sister the day after the funeral (That he didn't attend) to ask if he was going to get paid for the rest of the money that he was owed.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4458310 - 01/22/19 10:21 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Immermann Offline
SimHQ's resident fire enthusiast.
Immermann  Offline
SimHQ's resident fire enthusiast.

Luleå/Norrbotten/Sweden

"When I saw The Matrix at a local theatre in Slovenia, I had the unique opportunity of sitting close to the ideal spectator of the film - namely, to an idiot." - Slavoj Zizek
#4458312 - 01/22/19 11:31 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I know a couple people who believe in homeopathic medicines without understanding the philosophy that drives it.

The cornerstone is the belief that diluting a substance makes it more powerful. Yep, you read that right. Apparently the diluted substance "gives it's memory" to the water around it.

By the thinking of homeopathic practitioners, putting a drop of anti-freeze solution in five gallons of water is far more deadly than just drinking it straight.

"But it's from nature!" they'll exclaim. Well, duh, almost all drugs come from nature; that we produce salicylic acid from base chemicals instead of boiling birch bark and purifying it from the solution to get aspirin is exactly the same end product.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4458317 - 01/22/19 11:53 PM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Immermann]  
Marc Offline
Marc  Offline

Corona, California
Originally Posted by Immermann

hahaha
Marc..

#4458318 - 01/23/19 12:09 AM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
That was good. smile

A little over 10 years ago I turned myself over to modern medicine, basically saying, "I forked up doc(s), fix it." Rather, "Help *me* to fix it." Haven't wavered since.
(not that I have a choice)

Anything can happen, but I don't stress over the aches and pains like I use to. And stress is bad for you, right?

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4458325 - 01/23/19 12:38 AM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Ya, just have to watch out for the "over prescribing".

Modern medicine saved my voice...well it kinda sucks but it works, and may have saved my life...again.

It saved my life in 1955 at age four when my appendix ruptured. I still kinda remember the pain and vague memories of my surroundings. I distinctly remember being put under with ether in the operating room! Pretty much my oldest memories.

I'm a lucky guy...now just about six lottery numbers.. biggrin

Last edited by Nixer; 01/23/19 12:39 AM.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4458330 - 01/23/19 12:51 AM Re: Medical Medium [Re: Marc]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I'll take meds as a last resort (mine are for high BP) but I'd rather try to fix it myself if I can. I know at least *some* issues can be fixed on your own with enough motivation and effort. The recent BP med recalls are motivating me to ditch them as soon as I can.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.