Hop To
#4457599 - 01/17/19 12:56 AM Punchin' Locusts  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
Started my 2nd Career mode in Battletech Flashpoint.... went bankrupt the first time after 2 disastrous missions in a row

Building up my stable of mechs, I'm running 2 Vindicators, Hunchback and a Shadowhawk loaded with SRM

Got the finance payment coming up so I take an easy 1.5 skull mission just to cover the operating costs for the month. Drop into a wooded area and in 2 turns I'm surrounded my 4 Locusts, chewing away at my armor with laser and machine gun fire. They are evasive and in wooded cover so I'm having a hell of a time getting my ( mostly ) green pilots to land any damage on them. This goes on for a few turns and I'm losing to these 20 ton pests.

F THIS

All 4 of my mechs close to melee range. PUNCH - leg off. PUNCH - CT destroyed, PUNCH - leg off, PUNCH side torso off and pilot injured.

I'm laughing at this point. The two legged locusts get their cockpits stomped on. Dead mechwarrior, threat neutralized. Crippled mech takes a Hunchback punch to the rear CT - dead.

... and then the tanks showed up. Man I love this game.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#4457612 - 01/17/19 03:04 AM Re: Punchin' Locusts [Re: Clydewinder]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Not sure how it works with smaller mechs, but for Assault Mechs I am now a firm believer in double main weapons.

I am also on like day 10,000 of my original campaign! Will get the expansion next month I hope.

Anyway, I am running the 5 skull, rep 20 or 23 with impunity. I purposely haven't tried a rep 25 one yet. I want to be back in practice before I try 8-12 Elite Assault mechs on!

Here's my main lance for 5 skullers:

[Linked Image]

Yeah I still have all my originals. Have been sure I lost each of them at least once, especially Behemoth a few times.

Their loadouts:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have been having so much fun flying around and hunting rare stuff and smoking the bad guys I haven't really been thinking about the expansion. Behemoth has made head shot kills on assaults and heavies 3 times in a row! The other times only once in awhile. Soften them up with fire support then move the 2 AC 20 killers in and watch the parts fly! biggrin

The jump jets are a MUST imho. Keep those evasion hash marks up and live.

We blow stuff up real good!

Attached Files LineUp.jpgNix Atlas.jpgAC 20 Atlas.jpgAC 20 Crab.jpgFireSupport.jpg

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4457629 - 01/17/19 07:16 AM Re: Punchin' Locusts [Re: Clydewinder]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Definitely a great game. I need to run through again. I lost interest after the campaign and having some lost tech I couldn’t use or find more of.
I want co-op and a jump in the timeline. Could be the perfect tbs game. I don’t know if thats in the plans for this one though.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4457664 - 01/17/19 01:28 PM Re: Punchin' Locusts [Re: Clydewinder]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
More rare items, still not enough, with the new patch; and I haven't even bought the expansion yet.

Actually found ONE new Gauss Ammo in a store!...not a Black Market either. So now I have 3 so Nix can use both Gauss's/

The second Gauss rifle is from before the expansion! A bug I think... that I sure didn't complain about.

Behemoth was about to be killed in one of my previous 5 skull nightmares so I sacrificed Nix, who can't die, instead.

His Gauss was salvaged and when I looked there was another in inventory!

Co-op would be awesome. I haven't even tried MP since it isn't there.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.