Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4456823 - 01/10/19 10:43 PM The division 2 dumped steam for epic store  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
They are really going after those sweet mulla full steam, they even updated their refund policy (previously no refunds at all) in order to apease consumers and bring them. its basically copy paste from steam refund. the division 2 page on steam is already gone

[Linked Image]

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...ing-steam-for-the-epic-games-store-on-pc

Pre-orders for The Division 2 on the Epic Games Store are now live for the standard, gold, and ultimate editions of the game. In its press release of the announcement of this news, Ubisoft says the two companies are working together to "integrate key components of Ubisoft’s Uplay and Epic’s online services," which likely means buying the game on the Epic store will work similarly to how buying a Ubisoft game on Steam works now, including being able to access Uplay no matter what store you buy it on.

Any preorder on the Epic Games Store will get guaranteed access to the game's private beta ahead of launch. If you already preordered The Division 2 elsewhere, your access to the beta is still honored, but from here on out, Epic's store is where you go for the private beta.

While the press release doesn't explicitly mention the game won't be on Steam, it also doesn't mention Steam entirely. When asked to clarify whether the game would be on Steam, a Ubisoft representative simply clarified that, on launch, the game would be available on the Ubisoft and Epic storefronts, and again did not mention Steam.

The press release also refers to Epic's more friendly revenue split with developers and publishers, with Ubisoft president of partnerships Chris Early also calling out how Epic's "third party distribution model" is "something Ubisoft wants to support."

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/store-refund-policy?sessionInvalidated=true

Epic Games Store Refund Policy
Don’t like what you bought? Read on for how to return your purchase for a refund. If you’ve recently made a purchase through the Epic Games store and want a refund, you’re in the right place. Below you’ll find all the info on what you can refund, when you can refund, and how to begin the process.

What types of products can I return for a refund?
Any game you purchase through the Epic Games store is eligible for a refund. Epic cannot provide refunds for purchases made outside of the Epic Games store.

If you receive a refund for a game, you will also receive a refund for all in-app and downloadable content purchases you made through the Epic Games store for that game, so long as that content has not been consumed, modified, or transferred.

When are products eligible for a refund?
All games are eligible for refund within 14 days of purchase for any reason. However, you must have not played the game for more than 2 hours.

You will not be eligible for refunds for games from which you have been banned or for which you have otherwise violated the terms of service. In addition, you may not be eligible for refunds if Epic determines that you are abusing the refund policy.

How can I request a refund?
You can request a refund by clicking “Contact Us” on our Epic Games store and Launcher help page and submitting a refund request.

How will I get my refund?
By default, purchases will be refunded to the payment method used to make the purchase, but this may not always be possible depending on the payment method. You and Epic may also agree that the refund be issued by alternative method. Please note the amount of time for the refund to process is dependent on your payment method.

What about preorders?
You can cancel your preorder and get a refund at any time before release. After the game is released, you can request a refund within 14 days if you have not played the game for more than 2 hours. For purposes of this policy, “release” includes any playable version of the game, including beta versions.

What if a product I recently purchased goes on sale?
You can refund your purchase for a full refund and immediately re-purchase the product as long as it abides by the above guidelines, we do not consider this to be refund abuse.

If Epic determines you are abusing the refund policy, you may not be eligible for refunds. The policy exists so you can purchase with comfort and make sure you only spend on the games you want to pay for and play!

Last updated 1/9/2019.
If Epic revises this policy, any revisions will apply to subsequent purchases.

you ask me i dont trust epic at all ! i registered with a fake email and already have 3 notifications to change my password in the following days of registering. plus yet another app....and separate friend list....they should just integrate like steam does.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 01/10/19 10:49 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4456898 - 01/11/19 02:21 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
This is not surprising at all when you consider that Valve supposedly gets a significantly high percentage cut for each copy sold. If you can distribute your game via a lower cost system then it's a no-brainer.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4456901 - 01/11/19 02:39 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
This is good news for us consumers. Competition is a good thing.

#4456903 - 01/11/19 02:43 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Valve = 30%
Epic = 15%
Discord = 10%

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#4456904 - 01/11/19 02:46 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
USSCheyenne
Unregistered

Also not surprised. Valve is charging ridiculus distribution fee (30%). Plus Ubisoft has it's own launcher and since you have to use uPlay even if you purchase a game on Steam i see no reason to buy their games on Steam. All my Ubi games are solely on uPlay.

I rather won't be using Epic launcher unless some game i really want will be available only there. But i don't think this will happen.

#4456906 - 01/11/19 02:50 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
The trade-off of course is that your game will most likely get the highest exposure being on Steam. That can change pretty quickly though if UPlay and Origin get more high profile games.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4456908 - 01/11/19 03:00 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I'm not crazy happy about having 5 different game launchers on my PC though.

#4456910 - 01/11/19 03:20 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: WangoTango]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by WangoTango

Yeah, that is a pain. That's one of the major reasons why I currently don't have any games outside of Steam. The price difference would really have to be bigger for me to bother getting games exclusively on other platforms like Uplay and Origin.

#4456911 - 01/11/19 03:20 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: PanzerMeyer]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
USSCheyenne
Unregistered

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
The trade-off of course is that your game will most likely get the highest exposure being on Steam. That can change pretty quickly though if UPlay and Origin get more high profile games.

I think that stopped being the case when Valve opened it's store to literaly every #$%^ game that is produced without any quality control. Steam Store became a huge garbage bin. It's really hard to find anything good in there. High profile games will be recognized anywhere so they really don't need Steam.

Bethesda is moving away from Steam (no Fallout 76, proly no Rage 2 and Doom Eternal), Activision also (no CoD Black Ops IIII, no Destiny). Gabe needs to rethink his distribution policy.

Last edited by USSCheyenne; 01/11/19 03:44 PM.
#4456912 - 01/11/19 03:28 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by WangoTango

Yeah, that is a pain. That's one of the major reasons why I currently don't have any games outside of Steam. The price difference would really have to be bigger for me to bother getting games exclusively on other platforms like Uplay and Origin.

I don't have Uplay or Origin installed any more. They just seem to update too often. Also the need to confirm accounts so often, really turned me off. I have Steam, GOG and recently Epic (grabbing the free games).

I agree with USSCheyenne, there is just a ton of garbage games on Steam now, you really have to search for good games on sale.

Last edited by WangoTango; 01/11/19 03:31 PM.
#4456916 - 01/11/19 03:56 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Scott Elson Offline
Scott Elson  Offline

Hunt Valley, MD, USA
One of my friends worked on "What Remains of Edith Finch" and he pointed out that Epic has made it their free game until January 24th. He was quite happy when BAFTA named it the best game of 2017.

Elf

#4456918 - 01/11/19 04:43 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

How is the Epic Games Store search? Is the launcher any better than the (horrible) main site?

I agree that the Steam Store has become more of a garbage bin than it was before, making it hard to find the diamonds in the poo. However, the same problem plagues the Apple Store and Google Store. The main problem is that anyone can make a game nowadays, and stores just accept anything that can make them money.

Thank god for GOG keeping a close watch over everything in their store though. An example to all smile

Last edited by Vaderini; 01/11/19 04:44 PM.
#4456923 - 01/11/19 05:29 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Amazon are reportedly looking to get into the gaming business. With their financial clout they could make a good go at it.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4456924 - 01/11/19 05:35 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Chucky]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky
Amazon are reportedly looking to get into the gaming business. With their financial clout they could make a good go at it.

I’m assuming it’s just distribution right? Amazon definitely has the money though to start their own game development studio.

#4456926 - 01/11/19 05:57 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
The article states 'game streaming' and 'distribution'.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/amazon-game-streaming-platform-1203104967/

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4456927 - 01/11/19 06:05 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Chucky]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky
The article states 'game streaming' and 'distribution'.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/amazon-game-streaming-platform-1203104967/

From the article:

"Amazon is joining the likes of companies like Microsoft, which announced Project xCloud last year, a gaming service meant to allow players to enjoy Xbox titles on mobile platforms using special servers. Google’s Project Stream looks to accomplish much of the same thing, utilizing its Chrome browser to bring larger games to players looking to play via stream."

It looks like the days of the game software store such as "Gamestop" are numbered.

#4456940 - 01/11/19 09:00 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DrStrangePool Offline
The master of the weird
DrStrangePool  Offline
The master of the weird

UK London
EPIC is partly owned by Tencent(Chinese company that is also helping China with their social credit system), and Ubisoft is also partly owned by Tencent. Quite frankly, neither of them will see my CC.
EPIC is even worse because of their lack of features, in comparison to Steam, and some of those lack of features is something that they want.
https://archive.fo/FyVu1

#4456942 - 01/11/19 09:06 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I agree with much of what you all said. I hate having to be required to have so many game launchers and frequent account verification situations. Steam is still my main games location outside of games I have installed outside of Steam. I still like the interface for the most part according to my simple needs but I've had it since 2005 so I'm accustomed to it. I have GOG games but I do not use Galaxy and don't have an interest to. I greatly dislike Uplay but have to use it for many of the Ubisoft games I have on Steam.(Really annoying to have to use layered game launchers in this scenario) I personally detest Origin. I have some games on there but I haven't played any of them in a few years. I just hate the interface. Its confusing to me and I also had a bad experience with that last Medal of Honor game in that their system and some sort of online issue actually prevented me from progressing in the game after a certain point and no fixes could be found.

I liked Steam Greenlight but it did seem to open the flood gates to any and every garbage software under the sun being piped through. I see that there is still Early Access titles but I have no clue now as to how you discover and investigate EA games. Greenlight allowed a lot of freedom to the user to explore potential EA candidates but I'm guessing its only Steam now that gives the go ahead for EA titles? Like I said I still see EA titles coming out but I have no understanding now of how to peruse early access offerings like you used to be able to.

I do believe Steam needs to rethink how they do certain things. As a side note, I also get mightily put off when I hear about Valve's so called work philosophy where they apparently let their developers do whatever they want whenever they want and then leave where ever they just were whenever they want with no mandate to be devoted to finishing any project. Maybe I'm not understanding how they do things but this company makes unbelievable amounts of money through this system that is nothing but a money maker now and they still can't afford the time, people with a desire and resources to make a Half-Life 3?

I don't look forward to the day when Steam says its no longer interested in being Steam and then they up and disappear along with multiple decades worth of our money and product. Or in doing so require us to assimilate into some other invasive procedure just to save our game catalogs.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4456945 - 01/11/19 09:22 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DrStrangePool Offline
The master of the weird
DrStrangePool  Offline
The master of the weird

UK London
I'll leave this here:

#4456948 - 01/11/19 09:57 PM Re: The division 2 dumped steam for epic store [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Yes GameStop is looking to become the next whale blubber candle, buggy whip, 8 track tape, VHS player, Walkman..... their days are numbers in the Physical Game world.

Microsoft added 14 Gaming Developers to their company last year! This upcoming CloudXBox is a lightened hardware that does most everything on Azure Servers. There won't be a hard drive to load games on it.
Everyone saw how Valve was making Bank, and realized that if Gamers would pay for digital, why go through the normal distribution channels with all that expense of packaging, shipping, displaying, etc...

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.