Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
Originally Posted by Chucky
Originally Posted by Winfield

Persian gulf is a clear favourite until Razbam release The faulklands then we will see.

Is that happening?

a map that included the southern half of Chile and the whole of Argentina as well as the Falklands and South Georgia perhaps ?
maybe extending north to RAF Ascension Island so that we could have a Vulcan bomber for Black Buck missions
and maybe a Sea King helicopter as well for the SAS Commando Raid that crashed in Chile.
that would be epic.

I would love to see that kind of terrain implemented into DCS by a 3rd party.
If Nichole Birkett puts as much effort into modelling terrain as she does modelling in her instagram photos, we can be assured what ever Razbam release will be of high quality.:)

I have to admit. In the recent weeks since VEAO shut up shop, I downloaded DCS again and purchased Persian Gulf.
Razbams harrier is on sale and I thought Id give it a go. I've actually been enjoying both modules.
Harrier has a couple of sound bugs here and there but overall it has been quite entertaining.
Persian gulf is a clear favourite until Razbam release The faulklands then we will see.

Razbam like Carenado is based in Latin America, but I have no idea where.

Neither do I, however so far the quality of the releases have been exceptional.
I have spent a few more hours in the harrier the last couple of days, yes it has it's short comings in terms of bugs but overall it really is a joy to fly.
Anyone else here enjoy it?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4455478 - 12/31/18 09:50 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Winfield]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun

I have spent a few more hours in the harrier the last couple of days, yes it has it's short comings in terms of bugs but overall it really is a joy to fly.

oddly enough, I never bought anything from them either for FSX, P3D or DCS.

#4455481 - 12/31/18 10:16 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

oddly enough, I never bought anything from them either for FSX, P3D or DCS.

That's a fair enough assessment. FSX I tested the Intruder and Corsair "unofficially' of course.
X-plane and P3d are a different story, I haven't bought Razbam products for those.
I didn't mind the Intruder and corsair....I just didn't get the later updates to them

#4455482 - 12/31/18 10:32 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I also have the Corsair from MILVIZ - awesome and a fantastic template as well.

they ported the P3D/FSX Metal2Mesh M2K to DCS and Razbam released it under its label , I don't know if RAZBAM had a hand in converting it, it was the only time I was able to make a skin at the same time for P3D and DCS, the P3D M2K is a great add on.

#4455614 - 01/01/19 06:53 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Winfield]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

If Nichole Birkett puts as much effort into modelling terrain as she does modelling in her instagram photos, we can be assured what ever Razbam release will be of high quality.:)

Link?

By the way, RAZBAM is from Uruguay.

Personally, i'm mostly waiting for the MiG's 19 and 23 from them. I skipped the Mirage because people say it is basically a clickable FC 3, with subsystems like hydraulics and for failures not modelled. And I doubt DCS can simulate VTOL aircraft accurately. Thankfully the MiG-19 is just around the corner, and I really hope it will be as excellent and fun as the MiG-15 smile

#4455741 - 01/02/19 04:35 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Vaderini]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Vaderini

Link?

Linked smile

#4455745 - 01/02/19 05:00 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
obviously the 'official testers' have spent too much time in the F-18 and not enough time testing the persian gulf map for errors.

Iran has F-5's, the straight of homuz was a main part of the persian gulf map.....one would think they would have got the countries right on what aircraft belonged to what nation.
In the editor, set Iran as redfor, then try and assign them an F-5, They may not have them around today but I am certain they had them back in the Iraq\Iran conflict.
Interesting though is you can assign the F-5 to Russia.....in the only default american livery of course.

Not enough of a reason to uninstall DCS....just stating the obvious of what should have been fixed before release.

Seriously, if ED are going to release a map and spent a few thousand hours modelling it, least they could do is add aircraft skins to countries of origin and assign them to be used in the ME

#4455749 - 01/02/19 08:29 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Winfield]  
Dondy Offline
Dondy  Offline

Germany

Iran has F-5's, the straight of homuz was a main part of the persian gulf map.....one would think they would have got the countries right on what aircraft belonged to what nation.
In the editor, set Iran as redfor, then try and assign them an F-5, They may not have them around today but I am certain they had them back in the Iraq\Iran conflict.
Interesting though is you can assign the F-5 to Russia.....in the only default american livery of course.

You have to choose the F-5E-3. This one has all the iranian skins.

In memory of the JaboG34 "Allgu" Memmingen 1959-2003
Last take-off: 17.12.2002 10:06am

Legends may sleep but they'll never die
#4455750 - 01/02/19 10:04 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Dondy]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Dondy

You have to choose the F-5E-3. This one has all the iranian skins.

Cheers mate, I'll have another look.

Edit:

Righto....here is how it looks.

[Linked Image]

when placing the F5 it looks like this

[Linked Image]

I'm left clicking to place the unit and nothing is happening.

so I crank up the next F5.....

[Linked Image]

left click....it won't place in the editor on either aircraft.

The Red one in both pics is the Russian F5 that will place.

I do not want to fly it, I want it to be an AI controlled enemy aircraft. The problem is, the aircraft just won't place at any airport with Iran selected as the country.
Now before someone says it's because I have it set as CAP in the task, I have tried the task on 'nothing' and same problem.

Any ideas?

Because the Russian one works.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Winfield; 01/02/19 10:24 AM.
#4455758 - 01/02/19 11:05 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
don't have that map and I haven't tried any mission building in a good while, so I may be wrong , but you should be able to place any object anywhere in any place in a map regardless of which side it is.

#4455777 - 01/02/19 02:39 PM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

@Winfield,

The map is still WIP. Start them in the air for now, it's what I had to do. Having said that, IIRC Bandar-e-Jask is also a bit of a short runway for F-5's.

--
44th VFW
#4455798 - 01/02/19 06:44 PM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Hi Winfield,

I just tried it in the editor - works fine for me -

PG map
Iran selected on red side
Add new group, select Iran and F-5E3
Place
Select start on ramp, parking, runway etc
Change skins (several Iranian ones)

mdwa
#4455844 - 01/02/19 10:24 PM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: mdwa]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by mdwa
Hi Winfield,

I just tried it in the editor - works fine for me -

PG map
Iran selected on red side
Add new group, select Iran and F-5E3
Place
Select start on ramp, parking, runway etc
Change skins (several Iranian ones)

Thanks mdwa, I restarted the game, created a new mission and it works.

#4455879 - 01/03/19 02:26 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Winfield]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

I have to admit. In the recent weeks since VEAO shut up shop, I downloaded DCS again and purchased Persian Gulf.
Razbams harrier is on sale and I thought Id give it a go. I've actually been enjoying both modules.
Harrier has a couple of sound bugs here and there but overall it has been quite entertaining.

Have you tried any of these training missions for the Harrier? I might try them tonight. I've had the HArrier since last sale but haven't had the time yet...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zR6sSzWgYRCmsClKrfUTAg7nt145_-xD

mdwa
#4455899 - 01/03/19 09:14 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: mdwa]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

Have you tried any of these training missions for the Harrier? I might try them tonight. I've had the HArrier since last sale but haven't had the time yet...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zR6sSzWgYRCmsClKrfUTAg7nt145_-xD

I just downloaded them, haven't had a crack yet. Let me know how you go. I heard Baltic Dragon was making the official training missions for the harrier. I am not able to confirm that though.

Edit: looks like I heard correctly Harrier training
No idea if they are the same missions you posted mdwa

Last edited by Winfield; 01/03/19 09:39 AM.
#4455900 - 01/03/19 10:06 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Hi mate,

I just found them here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=598

Not sure if the first post or second is the most up to date, but will try some of them tonight.

Tried a quick flight last night, loaded 1/2 fuel no stores and took off vertically somewhere in Nevada, did some bog laps and then attempted a vertical landing, landed ok but it probably didn't look too good...

I've mapped the nozzle to the grey "friction lever" axis which I normally use for zoom and remapped zoom to my china hat switch (I'm not on VR yet). Seen some others use the left throttle for nozzle, but the slider felt easier for me...

Which do you use?

I might get these printed up at the local 3D place - looks like a cool idea: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217091

Last edited by mdwa; 01/03/19 10:09 AM.

mdwa
#4455902 - 01/03/19 10:25 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: mdwa]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Hi mate,

I just found them here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=598

Not sure if the first post or second is the most up to date, but will try some of them tonight.

Tried a quick flight last night, loaded 1/2 fuel no stores and took off vertically somewhere in Nevada, did some bog laps and then attempted a vertical landing, landed ok but it probably didn't look too good...

I've mapped the nozzle to the grey "friction lever" axis which I normally use for zoom and remapped zoom to my china hat switch (I'm not on VR yet). Seen some others use the left throttle for nozzle, but the slider felt easier for me...

Which do you use?

I might get these printed up at the local 3D place - looks like a cool idea: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217091

Same as you, I don't use VR, graphics in DCS are just not yet up to scratch on the vids that have been posted to youtube as recently as in the F-18. Probably still 2 years away before I invest in a headset.
I use the friction slider as well for the nozzle's. I find it a waste using the throttle levers as the nozzle setting.
The friction extension link you posted seems a worthy investment, I'm in central QLD, not many 3d printing places here, let me know how you get on if you get one made up from the link you posted.

Side note: VR has been out on DCS for some time, to see what I mean about latest youtube vids on in game, just look for that E.D Lemon bloke who was a former F-18 pilot but feels the need to satisfy the hoards on the difference between
'real' and 'make believe'

Look for my comment on one of E.D Lemons vids having a crack at the other side of the hills forum fanboi offering zero advice to 'Lemon'

#4456027 - 01/04/19 06:15 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Well, I didn't do any flights, but spent the time to map all my controls in Target last night... I downloaded all the missions from https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197787 and they seem ok from a quick look, also downloaded this Kneeboard docs: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3267915/

I've ordered the nozzle lever setup from a local 3d printer - it was AU$28 for all black or AU$33 for yellow lever and black brackets. So I got the yellow... Will post some pics and a report when I get it...

I looked up Lemon DCS on youtube and at first all I got was lemon tarts and something about Sasquatch... winkngrin but then I found it under C.W. Lemoine...

Last edited by mdwa; 01/04/19 06:16 AM.

mdwa
#4456029 - 01/04/19 07:32 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: Winfield]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Linked smile

Haha, I thought you meant 3D Modelling!

obviously the 'official testers' have spent too much time in the F-18 and not enough time testing the persian gulf map for errors.

Not enough of a reason to uninstall DCS....just stating the obvious of what should have been fixed before release.

Seriously, if ED are going to release a map and spent a few thousand hours modelling it, least they could do is add aircraft skins to countries of origin and assign them to be used in the ME

Oh, they did the same in Caucasus. It took me a while to figure out that the MiG-15 isn't bugged, but that ED doesn't recognise it as a USSR aircraft so no USSR liveries for the Soviet airforce but a North Korean livery instead!

These are just the lack of effort things we need to accept I suppose, with the blatant aircraft and map inaccuracies being the real problem.

#4456036 - 01/04/19 11:43 AM Re: Is DCS worth coming back to? [Re: JCathcart]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Chizh
Happy New Year!
From all of us at Eagle Dynamics, we want to wish you a happy new year and every success and happiness for 2019! We look forward to sharing it with you, and we have many exciting projects during 2019! What follows is a listing of aircraft projects that we and our valued-partners will be working on in 2019. We do not expect for all these projects to be released in 2019, but this is where our focus will be this year.

In next week’s newsletter we’ll talk about the non-aircraft projects that we’ll be working on during 2019.

DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM Simulations

The DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM will be coming later this month! This early, Russian supersonic fighter further completes the line of MiG fighters in DCS World. MiG-15bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21bis, and MiG-29. Named “Farmer” by NATO, the MiG-19 was the first production, Russian fighter capable of supersonic flight and comparable with American “Century Series” fighters like the F-100, F-105, F-106 and others.

The MiG-19 is a great addition to the stable of 1950s fighters, with more to come.

DCS: F-14 by Heatblur Simulations

Before the end of winter will see the release of the eagerly-awaited Tomcat! Brought to you by the same team the developed the extraordinary AJS-37 Viggen, the Tomcat will set new benchmarks in PC flight simulations. Following the initial release with the F-14B, the Heatblur team will follow that up with the F-14A version and a free USS Forrestal-class aircraft carrier!

Featuring front-seat and back-seat play for single and multiplayer, the Tomcat is a dominate fighter with the capability to also devastate ground targets.

Sharing the deck with Hornet’s DCS, World naval combat operations will take off in 2019.

DCS: F-16C Viper

Our next marquee title from the Eagle Dynamics studio will be the famous F-16C multi-role fighter! An aircraft we’ve long wanted to simulate, we are excited to bring this legendary aircraft to the skies of DCS World. The F-16C is already well into development alongside the F/A-18C, and both aircraft share significant technology that will benefit both.

Specifically, we will be offering the F-16CJ Block 50 variant that includes the HARM anti-radar missile and HARM Target System (HTS) pod, laser- and GPS-guided munitions, advanced air-to-air systems like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles, data link systems, Sniper targeting pod, AN/APG-68 radar, and other systems.

DCS: Mi-24P Hind

We have certainly not forgotten about all the rotor-heads! Work continues the deadly Mi-24P HIND. Using many of the same systems as the Mi-8MTV2, this project is well underway and will be a great addition to the stable of DCS World helicopters.

With the advancements in our terrain technology and the ability to create much more detailed low-altitude environments, the HIND will be a joy to fly. Combining both gunship and troop-carry abilities, the Mi-24P will certainly result in outstanding missions and campaigns.

Being a two-seat aircraft, the HIND will be a particularly interesting aircraft to fly with a friend online.

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt, DCS: de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI, and DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Shrike

These three of these aircraft are well underway and we plan to release or more in 2019. With the addition of the new damage model, dynamic campaign, new World War II maps, and more units added to the World War II Assets Pack like the Ju-88, Bf 109G, C-47, A-20G, and others, DCS World War II will continue to grow and bring great new gameplay!

Other Aircraft

Other new aircraft in development for 2019 are the DCS: JF-17 by Deka Ironworks and the DCS: I-16 by OctopusG.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Although not a new aircraft for 2019, the Hornet will certainly be a huge focus for us with the addition of the AGM-88 HARM, ATFLIR targeting pod, datalink and IFF systems, GPS- and INS-guided weapons, standoff weapons like Harpoon, SLAM, SLAM-ER, and Walleye, as well as continued work on the flight dynamics, navigation system, air-to-surface radar, Track While Scan and other air-to-air radar modes and sub-modes, and defensive systems.
The Hornet has been and will continue to be a massive and complex project.

Updating the Hangar, A-10C and Ka-50
Although we have a large set of new aircraft being worked on, it by no means that the older aircraft have been forgotten. Quite the contrary. Just like the recent update to the P-51D, Bf 109 K-4, Fw 190 D-9, and Spitfire LF Mk.IX, we will continue to update older products as their technology lags behind our current capabilities. The two biggest such projects being worked on for 2019 are overhauls of the cockpits and external models of the DCS: A-10C Warthog and DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark.

Some good things coming to DCS, looking forward to the updates to the A-10 and Ka-50, not so much the WW2 crap, the Mi-24 caught my attention though

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.