Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
#4455011 - 12/27/18 11:08 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
VEAO were already taking money before anything was actually released other than the closed Alpha testing.
Yet it did not even have a cockpit that functioned....2016 the gun pods, hud, sounds were still bugged. It was a con job on an epic scale.

[Linked Image]

That is how they sold the product......on lies. The money was beginning to roll in, the delays had began, the back and forth as what was actually causing the delays....
Like I said earlier, soon these lies began to catch up with VEAO.....they needed that diversion one way or another. No doubt were resources being diverted and production began on the WW2
aircraft.

The 'Tiffy' was still on track for end of 2014 release. Where is that tiffy now? if ED can pump out modules and terrains faster than a single mother can pump out kids, surely VEAO's HAWK was still on track.
I mean, it's not like they blamed deadlines\releases and updates on their own inner workings now was it. The blame has shifted a few times already and the public release hadn't even taken place yet.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4455176 - 12/28/18 06:00 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
And now they have refused to release the code to ED, who apparently were willing to continue development of the Hawk.
So anyone who bought after Oct 2018 can get a refund, for everyone else you need to stay on an old version to continue using it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3734679&postcount=176
"DCS: BAE Hawk Update
We regret to inform you that VEAO is no longer a developer for DCS World. As such, they have also ceased support of their Hawk. Although we offered to support their product, they declined making the files available to do so.

Given this unfortunate situation, we will fully refund all Hawk customers that purchased the module starting from 1 October 2018. If you wish a full refund, please enter a support request here.

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk.

To avoid such issues in the future, all future 3rd party agreements are now required to make the game files available in case they are no longer able to support their product."

#4455183 - 12/28/18 07:56 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: EjectEject]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted by EjectEject
And now they have refused to release the code to ED, who apparently were willing to continue development of the Hawk.
So anyone who bought after Oct 2018 can get a refund, for everyone else you need to stay on an old version to continue using it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3734679&postcount=176
"DCS: BAE Hawk Update
We regret to inform you that VEAO is no longer a developer for DCS World. As such, they have also ceased support of their Hawk. Although we offered to support their product, they declined making the files available to do so.

Given this unfortunate situation, we will fully refund all Hawk customers that purchased the module starting from 1 October 2018. If you wish a full refund, please enter a support request here.

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk.

To avoid such issues in the future, all future 3rd party agreements are now required to make the game files available in case they are no longer able to support their product."

The skeptic in me thinks ED looked closely at the purchase history, and realized only 3 people purchased the Hawk after October 2018.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4455190 - 12/28/18 08:52 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Force10]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Force10
The skeptic in me thinks ED looked closely at the purchase history, and realized only 3 people purchased the Hawk after October 2018.

+1
I doubt after the battering VEAO have received in every sim forum over the last 3 years sales exceeded more than 3 purchases,

Look at the fanbois on the other side of the hill going berserk over at ED anyone would think it was ED shutting up shop.
Meanwhile, we can be thankful these clowns won't be developing another POS for the series ever again..
Excuse me whilst I get cracking on screenshots to continue the story.

Last edited by Winfield; 12/28/18 09:10 PM. Reason: updated to 1.2.7
#4455229 - 12/29/18 07:12 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
As you can see, from earlier posts on what actual flight model would eventually be implemented (EFM, PFM, .DOC, .PFD etc etc)....turns out communication lines were cut as to what ED's responsibilities were and what 3rd parties were responsible for.
Cue Nine Line well before he was 'community manager'.

[Linked Image]

the plot thickens.....VEAO obviously decided back then to do this module with out ED's assistance. No wonder today they are too stubborn to give up the module files for ED to assist.

2014.....yet here we are 9 years on in development time as per this post.

[Linked Image]

There was obviously an end in sight.....the end being the consumer's waiting for VEAO to pull the pin on DCS world

To revert back to my earlier comment regarding the "hit by a bus" no doubt Chris was irate....yet here he is informing the consumer's that his head coder is working on a side project.
This adds more fuel and gives merit VEAO's demise.

[Linked Image]

#4455232 - 12/29/18 08:31 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Rather than go around in circles with January 2014 and Feb posts, Fast forward a few months....

[Linked Image]

the true scam of all things VEAO related. This announcement came well before the public had their hands on the Hawk.....7 months before the Typhoon which was on schedule to be released.
mind you, numerous posts by VEAO being posted on the other side of the hill at ED to keep the consumer's on side.

Many questions were being asked when the hawk would be released Cue the diversion.

so the 1st module to be released was expected to be ready Q4 of 2014....same as the Typhoon which mind you was well and truly on track for a 2014 release.

Did anyone else smell the BS? No doubt those that did and raised objections at ED's forums had their posts removed and were warned. ED after all were expected to take a % in sales from the hawk. Money talks....BS walks
Of course ED are going to protect their future asset

It was like this "let's copy and paste the hawk code....dumb it down for turn ratio's and AOA and release that for the WW2 modules, then we can look for excuses as to when the EFM, PFM, .doc, .pfd, flight models will be released.
(I use .doc, .pfd etc as exaggerated abbreviations for the many flight models mentioned by ED but not fully agreed on)

At this point, VEAO were well over the hill and 1\3 of the way down the other side. Yet the regular fan bois were all looking forward to VEAO's WW2 releases.....those like Nate IRL, SkateZilla, Sobek, Nine Liner and the cohorts.
All throwing their 'money at the screen' Especially Sobek and SkateZilla who are on record for emptying their wallets numerous times in the VEAO threads, SkateZilla more than most

eg, 'gimme gimme gimme'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Since every review over at Mudspike that is posted is from "early access" modules etc, surely this "SimHQ review module" deserves a shout out. This 'review module' may all so be deemed an 'early access' as updates to it progress over time.
What do you say BEACHAV8R?? perhaps post up a no BS review eh?

#4455234 - 12/29/18 10:35 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Anyways.....

VEAO are on their way to release a flop. WW2 announced.....Chris and Pete are crapping on in the ED forums how this will not delay the already delayed Hawk, Pete says the WW2 aircraft were already in production yet here we see...

[Linked Image]

yep, a job advertisement. meanwhile VEAO state they are equal opportunity employers, if that was the case do you think they would have employed anyone who was pissed at the copious amount of delays to the Hawk??
I doubt it.

Now with the release of the WW2 POS modules, Chris stands up and walks forth to the podium like the priest does at a Sunday's sermon and bellows out to the athiest's and non believers....

[Linked Image]

And so it begins.......

[Linked Image]

Sooner or later the Hawk money began to dry up and VEAO were announcing early access to the P-40, don't quote me on this but I believe that was on Kick starter.
All away from ED's signed agreements and contractual obligations no doubt.
(I practically gave up following these clowns around January of 2014 so the P-40 announcement was news to me)

No mention of the 3-4 month delays back in January....as per my previous posts, everything was "on track" Now it's back pedaling when the chorus of consumer's hit a nerve.

#4455484 - 12/31/18 11:28 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Before I continue....

It's only fair we hear from the now defunct VEAO simulations......wishing us all a very happy new years and what is in store from these bunch of clowns over the years gone by

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

no doubt there are many more 'happy' posts from (Happy Gilmore and CO) VEAO each and every year for the last 13 years, I just can't be effed looking for them. I have to stay on topic after all.
With a new year....we can only hope the defunct team have now found their "Happy Place"

#4455488 - 12/31/18 12:39 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
RRG releasing aircraft for Normandy in which screen shots were released back in 2013, no mention from VEAO back then regarding WW2 aircraft.....The Hawk delays, tiffy deadlines blooming and irate consumer's hammering VEAO for answer's,

Rather than take screen grabs and post them here.....see for yourself just how much the announcement by VEAO differed the flak from Hawk with the P40 announcement. Source

Yet. as expected....I couldn't help myself, at some stage the VEAO threads will be either hidden or deleted.....may as well save a few copies of the BS that flowed from Pete and Chris's finger tips on the Keyboards for future record.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The only 2 people who saw through the BS were......

[Linked Image]

and last of all......

[Linked Image]

the rest of the comments on that thread are praise and jokes. Clearly no one who owned the hawk could see the the ponzi scheme in progress other than the last 2 screen grabs above.

cichlidfan's comment obviously had no educational purposes on VEAO as their 'pulling the pin' announcement was made on facebook before ED got the 'official word'
VEAO learnt nothing from it's consumer's....even the good advice went ignored.

Nine Liner......steering the ship toward the iceberg as previously stated. forum newbies see these moderators and community manager's heaping praise on these steaming piles of s**t, they then tend to purchase the modules
they see forum veterans etc crapping on in the forums. These endorsed ED forum member's praising release announcements.....surely they are 'day 1 buys' eh?
throw some more 'money at the screen' aye fella's?

#4455588 - 01/01/19 01:24 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
"Shut up and take my money!"

(Isn't that a KFC ad too?)

mdwa
#4455615 - 01/01/19 07:51 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Also from that time period is this jewel smile (sorry for the small lettering, I literally had to zoom out to 67% to make it all fit on a 1080p screen)

[Linked Image]

#4455633 - 01/01/19 02:04 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Anyone care to Guess which Sub forum on Eagle Dynamics just got closed ?

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 01/01/19 02:05 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4455645 - 01/01/19 03:15 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind

....in an attempt to stop Winfield embarrassing and showing off even more VEAO and ED incompetence hahaha

And the irony is 'Nine-Lies' reason for closing them....

Originally Posted by Nine-Lies
Hey guys, just a heads up, I had the subforums for VEAO closed, they are still viewable if need be, but was getting hard tracking all the little discussions popping up.

Isn't the whole point of a forum to discuss things? Yet another example of why the ED site is nothing other than a censored message board and not a forum.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4455683 - 01/01/19 06:11 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
Oh dear. I'm tempted to quote the Sithspawn post about how much better the ED forum became once he took charge.

#4455742 - 01/02/19 04:48 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Paradaz]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Vaderini
Also from that time period is this jewel smile (sorry for the small lettering, I literally had to zoom out to 67% to make it all fit on a 1080p screen)

[Linked Image]

I have been looking for that image. Thank you for adding it here.

Originally Posted by Paradaz
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind

....in an attempt to stop Winfield embarrassing and showing off even more VEAO and ED incompetence hahaha

And the irony is 'Nine-Lies' reason for closing them....

Originally Posted by Nine-Lies
Hey guys, just a heads up, I had the subforums for VEAO closed, they are still viewable if need be, but was getting hard tracking all the little discussions popping up.

Isn't the whole point of a forum to discuss things? Yet another example of why the ED site is nothing other than a censored message board and not a forum.

It really is laughable that 'member's' are not entitled to have their say in a forum where the parent company ED on-sold products in which the the community manager himself fully endorsed. Only now to lock the VEAO forums on the hoard of consumer's

Indeed a forum is where people come together to comment, share opinions, give weight on why they do not share the same opinions etc etc.
The only real sim forum I have found where I can give weight on why I do not share the same opinions is here at SimHQ,

#4455905 - 01/03/19 10:48 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
ok, so where was I......

Oh that's right.....2014, and what a year the consumer's could look forward to. Here we have Pete informing the church goer's what VEAO have in store for the consumer's.
How that video clown boy posted still makes me laugh....as at that stage in the VEAO saga, I had "not seen nothing yet" and nor had any of the consumer's who were sucked into the HAWK BS.

What I did see was excuses, media posts on the delays and more excuses and assurances that the Hawk was going to be released.

[Linked Image]

and...it just sucked more and more people in. old chap himself rants on about "over 300 testers' yet I think I have proved everything that flows out of these clown mouths is ping pong balls from side show ally

[Linked Image]

Now, I could be wrong but if the last post from this bloke I shared here is anything to go of, he isn't saying congrats.

[Linked Image]

yet, here we have side show ping pong reassuring the consumer's that the money invested is money well spent.

[Linked Image]

#4455906 - 01/03/19 11:02 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Woops, I got carried away,

Before you correct me Force, I forgot, yes i will refer to those I have mentioned by their correct names and titles.

#4455909 - 01/03/19 11:16 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
No doubt Chris knew the capabilities of the Hawk.....many times had he experienced 'hard pulls' culminating in excess of 9g's, especially when testing the EFM with the joystick in hand.

[Linked Image]

I am curious....who was present to collect and confirm that data? P-man? Tango? a representative from ED perhaps? intriguing to say the least.
ED sign off on the SFM, AFM, EFM .doc, .PFD etc etc as previously mentioned by Chris himself, surely someone at Ed would have had to oversee the ordeal?

Source

If only Chris showed that same enthusiasm in the release of the Hawk....

But anyways....

Cibit stumbles across a post by Chris a few months prior informing the worshipers that P-man will be head of PR whilst Chris focuses on 'military contracts'

P-man responds with this gem.

[Linked Image]

the key point being 'something for everyone'....
now I can not speak for 'everyone' but the make believe feeling of having my bones pulled to 9gs is just not me.

#4455915 - 01/03/19 11:39 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
lol 'hard pulls'... biggrin

mdwa
#4455917 - 01/03/19 11:57 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: mdwa]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by mdwa
lol 'hard pulls'... biggrin

It really is a gem :), especially a 9g pull

middle of 2014, no Hawk which is already 18 months late, what do we get?
yep, more aircraft releases added to the line up.

[Linked Image]

I was not alone.....more 'investors' where quite switched on. Not pulling 9gs switched on but they were switched on, hence seeking answers as to how a tiny group of FS airshow enthusiasts were capable of the expansive aircraft range before any release seen thus far.

[Linked Image]

At this point, consumer's were beginning to see now this entire 'business' was actually a ponzi scheme of the highest order? Why didn't ED shut them down back them? Why sign off on further projects with out seeing the previously endorsed Hawk and Typhoon??
That I can not fathom. Perhaps later in this review there will be an answer but in June of 2014.....that answer was far from existence.....much like the release of the Hawk,

As for VEAO chasing 'military contracts' name any airforce in the world that to this day still uses ww2 aircraft to defend it's nation.....Other than North Korea, NK are probably still running windows 3.1

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.