Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4497324 - 11/16/19 01:26 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Generally speaking, custom skins and corrections would be easier handled in a mod. I say this because every time you have to re-install woff, you loose all the changes you made to the skins folder unless you kept a backup somewhere. With a mod, you just reactivate it after the re-install.

Just a thought.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4497329 - 11/16/19 02:47 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Very true.

Yes, these will be backed up for reinstalls. I already copy several additional skins files each time I reinstall (Sandbagger's and Jerbear's) so this will just be another batch.

#4502005 - 12/30/19 10:08 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Well it was suggested earlier to put a list together with the bad names and the good ones. I've gone through this thread and done just that. If anyone wants to turn this into a MOD, be sure and use a copy (not move) command. I've included mvp7's fix for the missing 1917 Neuport of George Felix Madon, so if you move, then you'll break him in 1916. The attached file is actually a CSV file (renamed to .txt to allow me to upload it). I have also uploaded a DOS .BAT file which goes to the correct directory (hard coded in the script) and runs a series of copy commands. The BAT file is just a reformatted version of the CSV file.

I did have one question from hoongadoonga's list. It's the last entry in the file for Joachim von Stein zu Lausnitz. My skins directory has the underscore as von_Stein. Since it was listed as being wrong, I move it to zu_Lausnitz. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers everyone.
MA

EDIT: Removed incorrect files. See later post for corrected ones.

Last edited by mandrews; 01/03/20 03:39 PM. Reason: Remove incorrect files

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4502017 - 12/30/19 11:01 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: mandrews]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Originally Posted by mandrews

I did have one question from hoongadoonga's list. It's the last entry in the file for Joachim von Stein zu Lausnitz. My skins directory has the underscore as von_Stein. Since it was listed as being wrong, I move it to zu_Lausnitz. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for doing this, mandrews.

To clarify, I don't know if it is wrong or not. What matters is that the skins file name matches the pilot file name and I don't know how to view the pilot names.

As I said in my post my only method was to confirm that the skin file name had no underscore immediately preceding the last name since that seems to be the proper format. I did no testing in the game to determine whether or not these skins were used or not.

This one is unusual because there are multiple names (with no hyphen) following the "von". I just scanned through the files again and noticed that there is a "von der_Marwitz" so if this one is proper it makes sense that "von Stein zu_Lausnitz" would be correct.

Last edited by hoongadoonga; 12/30/19 11:07 PM.
#4502144 - 12/31/19 06:46 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
Shredward Offline
Shredward  Offline

Lake Louise, AB Canada
In the same way that MvR has his skin named Off_Alb_DIII_ace_t_Jasta 11 1917_Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von_Richthofen
Joachim von Stein zu Lausnitz skin name should be
off_Alb_DV_later_Ace_t_Jasta 35 1917_Joachim von_Stein zu Lausnitz
for it to be seen insim.

Cheers,
shredward

We will remember them.
#4502258 - 01/01/20 05:04 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: Shredward]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
OK, so that one was right. Thanks Shredward. Here are the corrected files.

Attached Files

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4504250 - 01/19/20 08:50 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: mandrews]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Don't know if this one is covered by mandrews Misnamed Skins file.

Werner Dittmann has several aircraft. One of them, his Albatros DIII early is missing an N. It is coded as Off_Alb_DIII_early_ace_t_Jasta 1 1917_Werner_Dittman should ready Dittmann

#4504257 - 01/19/20 09:53 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Originally Posted by jerbear
Don't know if this one is covered by mandrews Misnamed Skins file.

It is now biggrin (see attachments). Thanks @jerber.

Attached Files

#4504264 - 01/19/20 10:34 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
mandrews, I ran the bat file and it corrected every one of the default files. Just thought I would let you know. It's easy to add any new corrections and that is a nice thing.

The bat file could be improved to automatically detect the path the skins are on. If you don't know how to do that, I will look at it when I get a chance.

Best Regards;

(System_Specs)

#4504339 - 01/20/20 06:10 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
mandrews, I ran the bat file and it corrected every one of the default files. Just thought I would let you know. It's easy to add any new corrections and that is a nice thing.

The bat file could be improved to automatically detect the path the skins are on. If you don't know how to do that, I will look at it when I get a chance.

Best Regards;

Thank you. I'm glad to know it works for others too.

I've poked around a little and I think I know how to make the script find the correct directory location. I'll post an updated script soon.

#4504342 - 01/20/20 06:32 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
SebToombs Offline
SebToombs  Offline

UK
mandrews, this is great thank you for your, and others, work on this ...

I have a new one to report Oliver M 'Stewpot' Stewart ... the "M" is missing so he gets the default RFC-54 Skin

original reads off_Pup_ace_t_RFC-54 1917_Oliver 'Stewpot'_Stewart

it should read

off_Pup_ace_t_RFC-54 1917_Oliver M 'Stewpot'_Stewart

I've tried and it works! Thank you for the BAT file it was very helpful!

Kindest

Last edited by SebToombs; 01/20/20 06:33 PM.
#4504357 - 01/20/20 09:40 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Hi Folks;

For anyone who may be interested, I have created a modified version of mandrews bat file so that when executed, it will ask for the drive letter that you have WOFF installed on and then will calculate the location of the "Skins" directory automatically, execute the copy and then solicit you to reply "X" to terminate the command prompt window, once you are satisfied that the output in the window has been successfully done. The only thing you will ever need to do is ensure that you update the skins files in the program to include any new naming errors that are found in the future.

If you run the program after having already run mandrews version, you will get a displayed reply that the files were not found. This is because the files with the naming error have already been corrected and no longer exist in your SKINS directory.

If you have any questions just PM me.

You can download the bat file from my dropbox here: click to download

Best Regards

(System_Specs)

#4504361 - 01/20/20 10:32 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
SebToombs Offline
SebToombs  Offline

UK
Hi Folks;

For anyone who may be interested, I have created a modified version of mandrews bat file so that when executed, it will ask for the drive letter that you have WOFF installed on and then will calculate the location of the "Skins" directory automatically, execute the copy and then solicit you to reply "X" to terminate the command prompt window, once you are satisfied that the output in the window has been successfully done. The only thing you will ever need to do is ensure that you update the skins files in the program to include any new naming errors that are found in the future.

If you run the program after having already run mandrews version, you will get a displayed reply that the files were not found. This is because the files with the naming error have already been corrected and no longer exist in your SKINS directory.

If you have any questions just PM me.

You can download the bat file from my dropbox here: click to download

Best Regards

Great, Thank you Robert!

S!

#4504389 - 01/21/20 02:15 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Hi Folks;

Very nice Robert; but I might have you beat (for the moment at least smile ). The attached update looks up the WOFF install location from the registry and switches to the drive and and directory location based on that. It also includes Seb correction.

I have only tested it under Win10 and it works fine. I assume Win7 would be ok; but no guarantees.

Cheers all.

EDIT -- See later post for updated file.

Last edited by mandrews; 05/03/20 05:40 PM.

#4504392 - 01/21/20 02:34 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Ha Ha, I'm not taking the bait!!
Based on your change their is no need to go further for such a niche tool.

Best Regards

(System_Specs)

#4504398 - 01/21/20 04:12 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Hiya Fellas... just a quickie.

You can delete any OAW Alb D.III skins for Jasta 3. They don't fly it. That skin for Carl Menckhoff tipped me off to recheck. They were not part of the OAW refresh I did because from what I saw, they were not allocated the plane.

Just in case you want to create some drive space.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4504401 - 01/21/20 07:46 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: mandrews]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by mandrews
Hi Folks;

Very nice Robert; but I might have you beat (for the moment at least smile ). The attached update looks up the WOFF install location from the registry and switches to the drive and and directory location based on that. It also includes Seb correction.

I have only tested it under Win10 and it works fine. I assume Win7 would be ok; but no guarantees.

Cheers all.

Perhaps I am the only one, but I find this all confusing. No idea how these files are to be used. Why are there two files? They appear to be text files ... no idea what to do with them. Sorry to be daft, but some simple instructions would sure be a blessing. Thanks!

#4504403 - 01/21/20 08:51 AM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: 77_Scout]  
SebToombs Offline
SebToombs  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by 77_Scout
[

Perhaps I am the only one, but I find this all confusing. No idea how these files are to be used. Why are there two files? They appear to be text files ... no idea what to do with them. Sorry to be daft, but some simple instructions would sure be a blessing. Thanks!

Hi 77,
download mandrews txt file, (right click on it and 'save link as'). Then Copy it from your downloads file to your desktop, open it and as you say it’s a txt file. So we need to change that to a bat file. So use the ‘file’ tab and click ‘Save as’, when you're in the ‘save as’ dialogue change the file name. In the file name add “.bat” (you don’t use the speech marks), change the file type to 'All Files' your new file should now should look different like a couple of cogs. Then simply double click that new file on your desktop. It should find your location and then copy in the all new skins.

You can check by going to your skins folder and seeing that both the old files and the new ones with the correct names are there.

Any problems let me know ...

I hope that helps ...

S!

Last edited by SebToombs; 01/21/20 11:35 AM.
#4504424 - 01/21/20 02:36 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: jerbear]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Mandrews; I added a couple of lines to your code so that the Command Prompt window stays open until the user wants to close it. That way they can scroll through the list of files to see if all the copies completed successfully.

Here is a link to the new version: click to download

(System_Specs)

#4504512 - 01/21/20 11:45 PM Re: Errors Found in Labels for Skin [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
Originally Posted by 77_Scout

You only need the WOFF_Misnamed_Skins.bat.txt file. Follow Seb's instructions for downloading and renaming, or perhaps just grab Robert's copy (link in quote below). It doesn't require that it get renamed. The other file of mine, WOFF_Misnamed_Skins.csv.txt, you can ignore. I created it initially to act as a data file for someone to write a tool to take care of this (perhaps as an add-on); but then I wrote the .bat file for myself and decided to share the bat file. The forum software requires that I rename the file in order to upload it, so I just added a .txt to the end of each file.

Mandrews; I added a couple of lines to your code so that the Command Prompt window stays open until the user wants to close it. That way they can scroll through the list of files to see if all the copies completed successfully.

Here is a link to the new version: click to download

This is a great idea, Robert - stolen (for the next fix). Looks like you've won this round duel.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM