Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4450463 - 11/25/18 09:30 PM VEAO pulls the plug on DCS  
Vaderini Offline
Vaderini  Offline

Dear VEAO Customers,
We regret to inform you that we are ceasing development of all DCS modules effective immediately. This was a very difficult decision to make - our aim was always to provide high quality content and support for the DCS platform, however due to reasons beyond our control, continuing to partner with Eagle Dynamics is no longer a viable option for us.
We want to thank all of you who supported us and our products and we apologise for any disappointment this announcement may have caused. We are so lucky to have been a part of this amazing community for the past thirteen plus years, and are very sorry that our time as a business has come to an end.
Thank you once again,
Chris, Pete + VEAO team

Source: https://www.facebook.com/veaosimulations/posts/2153465558037833

The weird thing is, just 2 weeks ago they gave the statement that they were still fully committed to DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3683104&postcount=2

They also apparently forgot to give a heads-up to ED before posting it on Facebook:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3700261&postcount=24

And if you have bought the module during the Black Friday sale? Well, good luck getting hold of them, since they also pulled the plug on their site: http://veaosimulations.co.uk

You can probably find them at Nando’s though

Last edited by Vaderini; 11/25/18 09:31 PM. Reason: Grammar syntax
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4450465 - 11/25/18 09:46 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
EjectEject Offline
SBD
EjectEject  Offline
SBD

USA
They are/were also doing P3D development under Blue Sky Flight Simulations, https://www.facebook.com/blueskyflightsimulations/ but their site, http://www.blueskyfs.com, also seems offline.

#4450482 - 11/25/18 11:54 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Yet another combined farce from VEAO and ED. Let's see how long ED leave the Hawk up for sale on their in-store. Whilst VEAO are incompetent devs ripping off the customer base (I bought the Hawk in early access and they refused to refund me years ago) , I've no doubt ED's changes of direction and multiple branches only helped 3rd parties to haemorrage effort and funds.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4450510 - 11/26/18 05:26 AM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
This is what I just posted on the DCS Forum. Whether I get banned for this is really inconsequential as I am posting this so that people will know the Truth about this situation. I don't blame ED directly but regardless they are receiving a black eye from this one. ED licensed and partnered with VEAO and so they are left holding the bag of BS that VEAO handed them. It will tell a lot by what ED does to reconcile this debacle. Remember this one fact. It has been almost 4 years since VEAO were posting that they were almost ready to release the P40.

Originally Posted by NineLine;3700511
P-40 pre-orders were only offered by VEAO as far as I am aware, I don't believe ED had anything to do with that. VEAO will need to address any issues arising from that.

So much I could say here, but nineline you would just delete my post or ban me, but what the heck, this will be a good release for me after 4 years of this BS with VEAO. I have 60% warning on my account here from you deleting my straight up questions to VEAO about refunding my money for the P40 or releasing a product. Ed licensed VEAO to produce products to be inserted into DCS and used with their, ED's, base product. Either ED should bring a lawsuit against VEAO for what clearly appears to be straight up fraud,(no legal accusation here, only my observation being shared) or ED should compensate those DCS customers that trusted ED to hold VEAO accountable to produce and release the products they contracted and liscenced with VEAO, and VEAO pre-sold. I purchased the P40 very soon after the pre sale began and I trusted them to release that product for about 2 years. Then after the whole VEAO refund debacle, which they only announced here in their DCS Forum that I visit only about once a month, I never saw it until it was to late. They never e-mailed(VEAO required an E-mail be given to pre purchase the P40) their pre sale customers to alert them a refund was available. VEAO refused all refund requests after 1 week, citing, "our lawyers have advised us not to give anymore refunds". After that I was pretty snarky with my comments over the next 2 years to Pman because I could see the writing on the wall. I was never PMed by you nineline about breaking rules in the forum, but my warning % would just go up and my post would be deleted. So here we are, no P40 and VEAO is going away to start under a new name in P3D and release the P40 there. Well that is just swell. As far as I am concerned the P40 is lost and my money and presumably many others is gone. I hope those in power at ED see that something needs to be done here to compensate those at a lose . As far as those at VEAO, you have made your bed, now you must lie in it. Be sure of this, those at VEAO or whatever your new name is now, I will share this story of your development company not delivering a product that you offered for pre sale and then just leaving your customers holding the bag while you change your name and attempt to stay in the software development market and take the very same product(P40 for DCS) to another platform(P3D). That is BS. nineline if you decide to ban me for this, then that is on you, do what you think is right, but I will be posting this in other places for people to see the truth of what is going on. If you don't think people should be pissed and be able to express that here, in a civil way, then you are just moderating in a biased manor. This may not be Ed's direct fault but it has fallen in their lap and I certainly hope they will do something to compensate those that have been duped and are at a lose for the pre sale price of the P40. By the way, I purchased the Hawk way back when also, but I am not even going to go there because I am tired of the stench from walking in so much BS around here. While I am pissed, there is no attitude attached to this post so don't attach any. This is just the straight up Truth about how the whole situation just sucks with both the Hawk and especially the P40.

S!Blade<><

P.S. nineline, if you are going to delete this post, at least have the professionalism to PM me and tell me why. If you decide to ban me, you can PM or reach me on SimHQ at the same handle, Blade_Meister

#4450538 - 11/26/18 10:58 AM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
This is what I just posted on the DCS Forum. Whether I get banned for this is really inconsequential as I am posting this so that people will know the Truth about this situation. I don't blame ED directly but regardless they are receiving a black eye from this one. ED licensed and partnered with VEAO and so they are left holding the bag of BS that VEAO handed them. It will tell a lot by what ED does to reconcile this debacle. Remember this one fact. It has been almost 4 years since VEAO were posting that they were almost ready to release the P40.

Originally Posted by NineLine;3700511
P-40 pre-orders were only offered by VEAO as far as I am aware, I don't believe ED had anything to do with that. VEAO will need to address any issues arising from that.

So much I could say here, but nineline you would just delete my post or ban me, but what the heck, this will be a good release for me after 4 years of this BS with VEAO. I have 60% warning on my account here from you deleting my straight up questions to VEAO about refunding my money for the P40 or releasing a product. Ed licensed VEAO to produce products to be inserted into DCS and used with their, ED's, base product. Either ED should bring a lawsuit against VEAO for what clearly appears to be straight up fraud,(no legal accusation here, only my observation being shared) or ED should compensate those DCS customers that trusted ED to hold VEAO accountable to produce and release the products they contracted and liscenced with VEAO, and VEAO pre-sold. I purchased the P40 very soon after the pre sale began and I trusted them to release that product for about 2 years. Then after the whole VEAO refund debacle, which they only announced here in their DCS Forum that I visit only about once a month, I never saw it until it was to late. They never e-mailed(VEAO required an E-mail be given to pre purchase the P40) their pre sale customers to alert them a refund was available. VEAO refused all refund requests after 1 week, citing, "our lawyers have advised us not to give anymore refunds". After that I was pretty snarky with my comments over the next 2 years to Pman because I could see the writing on the wall. I was never PMed by you nineline about breaking rules in the forum, but my warning % would just go up and my post would be deleted. So here we are, no P40 and VEAO is going away to start under a new name in P3D and release the P40 there. Well that is just swell. As far as I am concerned the P40 is lost and my money and presumably many others is gone. I hope those in power at ED see that something needs to be done here to compensate those at a lose . As far as those at VEAO, you have made your bed, now you must lie in it. Be sure of this, those at VEAO or whatever your new name is now, I will share this story of your development company not delivering a product that you offered for pre sale and then just leaving your customers holding the bag while you change your name and attempt to stay in the software development market and take the very same product(P40 for DCS) to another platform(P3D). That is BS. nineline if you decide to ban me for this, then that is on you, do what you think is right, but I will be posting this in other places for people to see the truth of what is going on. If you don't think people should be pissed and be able to express that here, in a civil way, then you are just moderating in a biased manor. This may not be Ed's direct fault but it has fallen in their lap and I certainly hope they will do something to compensate those that have been duped and are at a lose for the pre sale price of the P40. By the way, I purchased the Hawk way back when also, but I am not even going to go there because I am tired of the stench from walking in so much BS around here. While I am pissed, there is no attitude attached to this post so don't attach any. This is just the straight up Truth about how the whole situation just sucks with both the Hawk and especially the P40.

S!Blade<><

P.S. nineline, if you are going to delete this post, at least have the professionalism to PM me and tell me why. If you decide to ban me, you can PM or reach me on SimHQ at the same handle, Blade_Meister

Well , they deleted your post??

Nineline is playing with veao , maybe he get some money for it ...

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
#4450542 - 11/26/18 11:59 AM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Yeah, I think it got deleted.

Situations like this why I don't pre-purchase anything for DCS... I just wait for the sale...

mdwa
#4450547 - 11/26/18 01:00 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: mdwa]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Originally Posted by mdwa

Situations like this why I don't pre-purchase anything for DCS... I just wait for the sale...

Do like me, uninstall it.

#4450554 - 11/26/18 01:51 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: mdwa]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by mdwa

Rgr that. Learned my lesson. I just wanted to post it here so others may learn the lesson that cost me 40$(i think that is what I paid" It's been almost 4 years) and not make the same mistake.
If they deleted it over on the DCS Forum then it only shows there biased " post good things only or we will delete it" philosophy. it will be interesting to see if ED does anything with this debacle.

LMAO, 70% warning, post deleted, no PM to explain why and this of course.
"You have been banned for the following reason:
For a 10% warning for 1.3 violation, and your warning level now being at 60%, you have been suspended for 1 month.

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-26-2018, 01:00 AM"
this regarding the post above. The funny thing is is that I was at 60% warning for no reason with no explanation for previous questions I had posted there. This being the harshest. I am now at 70% not 60%. Whatever, the D-bags can't even keep track of their own warning levels %. Typical, they are so organized that they can't even keep track of their own info.

Rule 1.3
1.3 Administrative actions against Community Hub members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please send a Private Messaging to appeal the action to other DCS World Community Hub staff members or the DCS World Community Hub administrator.

After an initial warning, offenders of this rule will receive 1 week ban, if continued, the ban time will be increased until it becomes permanent.

So there it is. This is ninelines public relations effort with me. It is what it is and this speaks volumes of his moderating bias against any criticism or dissent in a forum post.

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 11/26/18 03:10 PM.
#4450565 - 11/26/18 02:59 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
How long before Aviodev, Polychop, Magnitude and Miltech-5 follow suite? Another list of zero update devs

#4450608 - 11/26/18 07:34 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Gee B_M are you only figuring that out now about 9lies?

Just shows how paranoid they are about their half-assed product.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4450644 - 11/26/18 08:56 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

[Linked Image]

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4450652 - 11/26/18 09:49 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
And every patch that ED now implement will break more and more of the already borked Hawk and as ED don't own the IPR or code there is nothing they can do about it other than remove the module completely from the 'World'.

It's just a question of who falls next....there is so much unfinished content and little incentive to actually finish the early access/betas.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4450699 - 11/27/18 07:37 AM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4452439 - 12/08/18 07:54 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
bump

#4452551 - 12/09/18 06:05 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
Anyone see anything interesting in those accounts?

Browsing on my phone, but I'm not seeing any numbers around sales income.

#4452552 - 12/09/18 06:19 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

thread title should maybe have been pulls the chain ..... as in toilet chain

#4453989 - 12/20/18 09:21 AM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
about time.

Force could you please unlock my VEAO hawk failure thread I started? I am going to have a field day there. Skate...could you put in a good word to Nine Line so I can be unbanned over at ED?

whilst I might add.......ah...that thread is where Carmen Sandiego was hiding all this time eh?

#4454052 - 12/20/18 06:12 PM Re: VEAO pulls the plug on DCS [Re: Vaderini]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Thread is unlocked.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.