Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 282 of 366 1 2 280 281 282 283 284 365 366
#4564806 - 04/17/21 12:58 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Achtung!

[Linked Image]

It is the Kaiser's Royal and Imperial command that the following individual be recognized for his valor:

[Linked Image]

You make the Vaterland most proud.

#4564807 - 04/17/21 01:15 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Pursuant to Army Order 204, dated 6 July 1916, the following individual is hereby presented the Wounded Stripe:

[Linked Image]

Your King and Country thank you for your sacrifice and faithful service.

#4564835 - 04/17/21 04:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

epower: great pics of the ground attack

#4564850 - 04/17/21 05:21 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Thank you very much for Jacob's bit of bling. No flying today for him, RL and all that. I'll catch up in due course.

Carrick - A target rich environment eh. Exciting times in store for Dubra it would appear. #%&*$# machine gun jams, enough to drive one mental.

Fullofit - Clearly HQ don't believe us when we're telling them about all these lunatic Strutters as they keep denying the claims.

Rudi did a fine job with the SPADs though and downing one head on, very satisfying although I thought he was heading straight into Rudi then.

MFair - So the C.O. wasn't letting young Kemp dwell on his sadness. Harsh but probably best in the long run and what a start he's made! So much for a familiarisation flight, clearly mid 1918 is no place for such pleasantries. A kill on his first outing, good show.

Epower - All these ground attacks, the squadron is being asked to take some big risks. Dud ordinance doesn't help either, you get all that way putting your life at risk and drop your egg only for the #%&*$# thing to fail to go off.

Fine job on the Triplanes and quite right to give McBride a roasting. You can fly like a bird but if you can't shoot reasonably straight your a dead duck.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4564860 - 04/17/21 06:06 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
MFair, welcome to Kemp younger brother. This boy will have a chop on his shoulder and will be looking to avenge the death of his older brother, I expect. And the first one to be on the receiving end of justice is a Camel. Congrats on first Luftsieg.

Epower, looks like Oliver is going after German morale and destroying all their recreational facilities. That’s the way to do it. The Huns will simply give up when they have no place to drink. Now those Fokker drivers, they probably had way too much to drink and have paid a heavy price for it. Most likely the Baron was away and they were taking advantage of it. Well done on bringing them down and more importantly taking care of McBride’s negligence.
Congrats on the confirmed Dreidecker.

Albert, congrats on the latest gong. Now, be careful!
It would appear the British have come up with their own Dicta.
“If you can’t beat them, ram them.”

Lou, how many of those wounded stripes has Freddy collected so far?

17 April, 1918
Bonneuil Ferme, Flanders Sector
Jasta 19, JG II
Oberleutnant Rudolf Emil Fuchs EK1, HHO, PLM
79 confirmed kills

One of the SPADs has been confirmed. Rudi was now one victory ahead of the Baron.
Jasta 19 was sent to support ground forces near Tergnier. The mission was scheduled for early morning before heavy rain stets in and grounds all air operations. The patrol between the clouds and in early rays of sun was conducted without any enemy activity interference. It was the only mission of the day and as per prognosis the rain continued for the remainder of the day.
It was late evening when a car arrived at Bonneuil Ferme Flugplatz and dropped off the new Staffelführer.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1918-04-17.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4564889 - 04/17/21 09:02 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Jules M. Dubra
Sgt, Esc 26
Hetomesnil, Aerodrome
Marne,

April 17, 1918>

Rain. No flights.

#4564890 - 04/17/21 09:07 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Gloomy pic, Fullofit! That early morning sunrise is just a tease!

Word from the weather office is that you can expect a week or so of better flying weather beginning around the 20th.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4564900 - 04/17/21 09:50 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Bob, you must be clairvoyant. It looks like you can see into the future. The Imperial Army would be interested in people like you. whoohoo
I bet you can’t predict what Tybelsky has in store for Rudi during this downtime period.

#4564904 - 04/17/21 10:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Some good Teutonic discipline? deadhorse

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4564909 - 04/17/21 10:47 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Ohhh, you’re good! Spanking it is.

#4564912 - 04/17/21 11:17 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

AT, congratulations on the gong. You are aware of the curse I presume? Be very careful on your next few missions.

Fullofit, nice screenshot!

Thanks for the younger Kemp’s welcome everyone.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4564921 - 04/18/21 12:13 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
I hope Rudi is more excited than the horse!

#4564925 - 04/18/21 01:12 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Tross - Evidently not, no. The bitterness of being shot down probably isn't helping the desire to stay in bed either.
Jacob sure done good with those strutters and camels, teaching the Brits why checking six is an important aspect of combat flying, eh? And a well deserved cross on top of that, congrats.

Carrick - Really is unfortunate when MGs jam at the worst moment, hopefully that won't be a recurrent theme.

Fullofit - A visit certainly would've been nice, but hey, the front has been quite busy so probably nobody had the time too. Here's hoping he won't be returning when he tries to get his payback.
Another great job with all those SPADs That 80 mark is inevitable now. Great paintjob too

MFair - Dean is certainly happy to be out of there, and one can only hope for a while.
Good job getting out of that alive, what bad luck to have to deal with that, especially when instructed to flee instead of fighting back. But hey, at least Ludwig got his reward with that first kill.

Epower - Great ground attack there, same cannot be said for the weather.

RAF - Perhaps not the best award to receive but still an award, eh? Congrats to Abbott

2/LT Dean Andrews Cunningham
№64 Squadron RAF
Field Hospital, Flanders
April 17th, 1918.

Finally this torturous wait is coming to an end. My last day over at this blasted hospital, with a whole bunch of checkups just to make sure nothing else was wrong and that I was fit to leave and fly again. I managed to, at least to the best of my ability, thank and say brief farewells to the few nurses and doctor that treated me. While I couldn't find Lieutenant Jones, I was relieved to know my words of gratitude would be passed to him. Definetely have to appreciate his existence, hard to write in a journal with a dysfunctional arm after all. First thing tomorrow morning I'm to take a tender over to our field and report back for duty, for better or worse. Hopefully the place hasn't gone off the deep end with me being gone. With some luck, maybe I'll manage to get in a flight when I'm back, and maybe this time A flight wouldn't bugger off mid-fight. Maybe it'll be me sending a Hun into the ground.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4564926 - 04/18/21 01:12 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
I hope Rudi is more excited than the horse!

Bob, you know what they say: you can lead a horse to a spanking, but ... wait that's not right. Let me try again. If you keep spanking your horse, you'll go blind. Or was it a monkey?

#4564928 - 04/18/21 01:18 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Thanks NR and MFair, yes that #80 is right there, right in front of Rudi's nose. If he keeps it clean it will be his, no doubt.
Finally Dean is out of that depressing place. Staying alive and unhurt will be the incentive enough for him not to return there. Now, just to get one of those Huns napping...
I bet Dean is just itching to get back up. Fingers crossed.

#4564932 - 04/18/21 01:32 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

AT , MFair is right on the spot Beware of the Gong Curse The flyer in this Vid didnt and look what happen.

https://giphy.com/gifs/clash-of-the-titans-1981-original-oUTAyqX9FKKLC/fullscreen

#4564969 - 04/18/21 09:23 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Pursuant to Army Order 204, dated 6 July 1916, the following individual is hereby presented the Wounded Stripe:

[Linked Image]

Your King and Country thank you for your sacrifice and faithful service.

#4564975 - 04/18/21 10:44 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Carrick - I thought owls were supposed to be so wise. To Jules and his company's Dance Line products - ooo la la!

Fullofit - Why would a monkey be spanking a horse, no wait, never mind, don't want to know. A new Staffelführer for Jasta 19? Oh the anticipation. Wonderful screenshot there. As for Freddy's Wounded Stripes, he now has three. Technically he should have four, but the grazing he got more than a month ago was hardly worth mentioning much less getting another strip of braid for.

NotRelevant - Glad to learn that Dean is fit again and ready for action. And congrats on his Wounded Stripe, even if it was delayed in finding him. There's this Hun push on you see, and well, things can get temporarily overlooked in such times.

BuckeyeBob - Did you just come over here to abuse the horse? Why don't you make yourself useful and have a drink.

Albert - Congratulations on Jacob's well-deserved award. Now, as has already been warned, and as you've experienced with your last fellow, beware the curse of the ... Gong Fairy, (waah waaaaah waah), he's the one, the one with the medals bright, and a spider's bite ...

Epower - Some brilliant ground attack photos there, as well as that one of the Fokker in Oliver's sights. But this McBride fellow, he sounds a waste of a good plane to me.

MFair - Ludwig has already avenged his brother's death I see, and wasted little time in doing it. I've a feeling more than a few Entente pilots are going to feel young Kemp's wrath.

#4565026 - 04/18/21 04:24 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

Lou - Flying in this rainy, misty soup grows tedious indeed. Having a nice Aerodrome to fly from and return to does take some of the sting out of the lousy conditions. When will this vile April clear up?! And now the Baron himself along with his merry Dreideck flieger. Freddy locked up with a real Alte Hare that time. The line between life and death gets so thin... Freddy triumphs but catches a Mauser bullet from the infantry. Way too close. Hope the wound doesn't turn into a Lionel Mandrake gammy leg situation. Three wound stripes now. Nurse Lizzie isn't going to like this.

NR - Dean's agitation is understandable, especially now that the pretty nurses have less time for sponge baths. Your man is chomping at the bit. Be careful of being 'too keen.' Skies are full of Huns these days. Glad he's soon to be back in harness.

Fullofit - The Elan of Les Francais is turning to madness. Again with the near collisions. I do wish they would stop. It's very taxing to the nerves watching Rudi dodge them on an almost daily basis. Strutters were ambitious...ambition should be made of sterner stuff. Blasted Flakmen. They are a bane to friend and foe alike.
Surpassing Ze Baron. Horrido! Very cool skin. Rudi the red wolf, though from a certain angle it looked like an Armadillo for a second, then I cleaned my glasses. Red wolf it is! Who is the mysterious new Staffelfuhrer, I wonder?

Carrick - Oh la la! Jules has some very interesting connections. Maybe he can expand the family business into more provocative nursing under attire. The bigger the waistband, the deeper the quicksand...

BuckeyeBob - I heard about this Chateau nearby, Castle Anthrax I think it was.

Albert - Great pics and a fine sendoff for Nebgen. Well fought, dropping that Camel and surviving the melee. Nine now and a very well-earned Gong. Best to go carefully for the next few sorties... Congrats!

MFair - Kemp the Younger didn't waste any time. Congrats on Ludwig's first kill. Nothing like throwing the new lad into the deep end but it looks like the veterans will take him under their wings.

À la Recherche du Temps Perdu - Part 75

16 April 1918
84 Squadron RFC
Bertangles, France

C Flight went out on the dawn patrol this morning and had a proper game of blind man’s bluff. Visibility wasn’t much better for B Flight when we took off at 7.45 to bomb the Athies Rail Junction east of Arras. The Hun push in the Lys valley continues and what news we hear is not encouraging.

Jack Sorsoleil led the patrol with Falkenburg, Manzer, Johnson and McBride. I flew as deputy. No sign of A Flight after we crossed the lines into Hunland.

[Linked Image]
Kaiser Bill’s Quartermaster will not be pleased.

Formed with Sorsoleil. As B Flight regrouped, Albatri attacked from above. Their leader I’d seen before, he had a large ‘M’ on his top plane and fuselage. I scored some hits on him but he spun away low.

I flew high and covered McBride as he pressed home the attack.

[Linked Image]
McBride’s newfound attention to shooting detail paid off.

B Flight had the Albatri in hand. I chased one away from McBride.

[Linked Image]
“He fell, thunderously, and darkness closed over both eyes.”

The mist turned to rain shortly after the patrol returned. Operations were done for the day. Forty minutes on the bag then headed into Abbeville for lunch with Robin, Dingbat and Proccy. Champagne accompanied several dozen oysters and a perfect Sole Meunière. We returned on sloppy mud-churned roads with the squadron Crossley begrimed beyond recognition. Spent the time before dinner catching up on letters. One from Ackers arrived today. He is going not so quietly out of his mind in HE. Bored stiff. He is greatly worried about Madame de Rochefort and the girls with the fighting so near Corbie. I will pay them a visit as soon as I can get away again.

Percy Hobson went off yesterday to spend a week at the Officer’s Rest House in Le Touquet. He’s been out since October of last year and should finish his tour soon. Too bad he will miss the upcoming decorations party but he looked positively done in. We will properly celebrate his MC when he returns.

Albatros confirmed. My 130th Hun.

Last edited by epower; 04/18/21 06:16 PM.
#4565030 - 04/18/21 04:48 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Castle Anthrax or Castle Arrghhh? I always get the two confused. Maybe I should visit both! Better than monkey, horse, or self abuse...wait, what?

Great stories, everyone! And welcome to the newcomers!

Page 282 of 366 1 2 280 281 282 283 284 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM