Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4383496 - 10/06/17 12:52 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
semmern Online content
Veteran
semmern  Online Content
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Also, I'm not too sure the player is all bad. It looks a little like you're going to be on a revenge mission, to get back money that was stolen from you. ("Where's our money?")

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4383582 - 10/06/17 07:28 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Interesting idea semmern. I didn't hear anyone who sounded like John Marston so I'll have to re-watch the trailer. I sure hope they don't bugger that up somehow if he does show up as that voice actor made John Marston. I think the guy who voice acted John Marston is just a regular guy who happened to be in the right place at the right time to do that part with a truly unique voice that fit the project and setting. I think I saw a video that seems to show that he's not really a career actor/voice actor and perhaps is not interested in pursuing that. I think he runs an insulation company in a small town with his wife and child. I hope they can get him again if his character does show up in RDR2.

When he rode with Dutch all of those guys were bad guys and did bad things. Marston was more repentive and principled in his later years but he was able to, very easily, slide back into gunfighter mode and carry out violence. Like in RDR I suspect even if you are a part of the gang during that period we'll be mostly fighting other bad men such as other gangs and outlaws, corrupt officials and bounty hunting. Though I desire to play as John Marston again only this time as a younger man in a prequel, I like the look of what looks like what may be the main character. He has the look of a stocky, working cowboy/farm kid with those skills and given the image similar to that of the old school Marlboro Man. I like his dress style too. I also hope there is a little deeper rpg aspect when it comes to loot and different means of earning money with plenty of weapons and gear this time to build your own kit. I hope they have a much larger weapon selection this time as well as outfits and character customization.

Last edited by Coot; 10/07/17 02:33 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4383587 - 10/06/17 07:44 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I'd be fine with an all new story and character as long as it's good.
As for the voice, it's hard to tell much by that. Sometimes they have a stand in voice, even a developer doing it temporarily, before the "real" actor comes in to do the voice work actually used in the game.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4440858 - 09/26/18 05:26 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Well Red Dead Redemption 2 is one month out. Hard to believe. I don't think I've been this excited about a game in a very long time. Is anyone else following all the released info. Do you have any good sites or youtube channels you'd suggest that are even handed and not obnoxious? I've been watching some videos by a Youtuber called "LegacykillaHD" and he seems to go into depth about the released information. As a gamer and RDR fan I'm excited about and thankful for all the amazing detail making its way into RDR2. Too many things to list but one of the newer things I saw that indeed they are making weapon modeling very detailed including weapon maintenance. Apparently they can get rusty when wet, muddy and I'm assuming they can jam on you in combat which adds a welcome layer of tactics and preparation to how you approach the game. The level of minute detail in the modelling is just so good looking. You can see down to the individual cartridges in each cylinder on Arthur Morgan's revolver in one video. I also read that on bolt action rifles you get to actually manually manipulate the bolt to eject the fired round and load the next round. I hope they capture that level of detail on all the many varieties of unique weaponry of the era in the game. From what I can tell from the videos(I hope)it does look like they are still implementing the Euphoria engine as well as physics that made the first game's combat so satisfying.

They seem to have gone to extremes in detail not only in a good way but in many, many of the ways we've wanted to see. I poked around with SimHQ's search engine to try and find the first time Red Dead Redemption was talked about. There's a few of them still around. Here's the link to the first mention of the first game from 8+ years ago. It was nice looking at all the different SimHQ members talking about it back then.

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2720738/Searchpage/3/Main/285100/Words/%2BRed+%2BDead+%2BRedemption/Search/true/red-dead-redemption-aka-grand-theft-horse#Post2720738

Last edited by Coot; 09/26/18 05:29 AM.

#4440914 - 09/26/18 03:00 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
I'm considering getting a PS4 for this.... smile

#4440933 - 09/26/18 05:41 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

It took a while but my original PS4 certainly became worth the purchase. There's quite a few great games that'd I consider must haves if you're a gamer and want to own a newer console.(If you'd like suggestions let me know) Something else that has me excited and relieved is that apparently Rockstar showcased the game behind closed doors and it was already receiving accolades for how it looked to which they then confirmed that it was running on the original PS4 hardware. As a PS4 release customer (which I normally never, ever do) and knowing how crappy and non-existent the day one game library was and knowing how Sony later pulled a fast one with the "Pro" model I'm thankful that Rockstar and also folks like Naughty Dog at least show some consideration and thought for those original console buyers by focusing on making the best possible game in every way that they can for the base hardware first.

#4440967 - 09/26/18 08:04 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
semmern Online content
Veteran
semmern  Online Content
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
I am looking forward to this like I have never done with a console game before. It is going to be amazing!

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4441181 - 09/27/18 09:55 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I already pre payed for it on PS4. I know it will be great. I have been following a few different RDR2 dedicated Twitter accounts. The game needs 105 GB hard drive space. i might regret not getting the disc version.

#4441215 - 09/28/18 02:46 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I'm definitely going for the hard copy. Seems backwards but Its more likely now that you can always get a physical copy of a console game but not a PC game which stinks. That being said, I think the different versions of the game are pretty ridiculous and don't justify the price. Basically to get an extra mission, a few in-game freebies and a paper map you spend twenty dollars more! It used to be that a pre-order WAS the Special Edition that came with that stuff and a map or trinket for the normal price of $59.99. Not anymore. As cool as it would be to have a steel book, which is the only difference from what I can tell between the Special addition and Ultimate Edition, you spend and extra forty dollars. So just to have a hard case you are spending $100! Then the Collector's Edition which is a box of junk doesn't even come with the game! Someone has gotten carried away with this and the pricing of each don't make any since. So no thank you and I'll just shoot for the 'ol standard edition. I imagine eventually they'll do the same with this game and come out with a complete edition with all the extras and perhaps any DLC or expansions they may come out with.

I just can't fathom those price points for the "extra" editions when they really don't come with much of anything.

Last edited by Coot; 09/28/18 02:46 AM.

#4441219 - 09/28/18 02:59 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Unless you go to buy the physical copy and the dvd case just has a download code in it. that's happened to me a few times over the past few years.

#4445568 - 10/26/18 06:24 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

It's here folks! Its been over 8 years and RDR2 is released. I'm surprised by the installation of this one. I'm not surprised by two disks and an initial install being a PC guy(apparently this has a generation of console people a bit baffled) but what I'm surprised about is that the install from the disk is around 90 minutes. I suppose that speaks to the nature of the game's size and mechanics? I have other open world PS4 games that require a few minutes of install and then the game is ready. There must be a lot going on under the hood here. I'm also surprised and a bit overwhelmed by the size of the day one patch being at just over 3GB. My internet connection on my PS4 is always slower and weaker than my pc for some reason. Thankfully the PS4 is automatically downloading the patch in the background while the game is installing from the disks. Its says its not mandatory but apparently Rockstar highly recommends that players install the patch first. 3GB is a whole lot of something so I may not be able to even play the game today. If anyone knows if its really okay to play without the patch please let me know otherwise my PS4 says I have another 34 hours to wait on this patch to download. dizzy

I decided to go ahead and get the Special Edition. It does turn out that the game comes with a default fold out map but the Special Edition map looks to be huge.(I haven't unfolded it yet) So its here yet still so far away lol. Hope all of you folks who got it too enjoy. This sounds like a pretty special game. I've done my best to avoid any kind of spoilers including non-Rockstar released game play footage which I consider a spoiler so I'm going into to it as fresh and ignorant as I can to hopefully get the most out of the experience. Maybe we can open a new game discussion in the console forums when everyone gets going as that forum has been empty for years.

#4445576 - 10/26/18 07:34 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
I am waiting on reviews before I get this.

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#4445586 - 10/26/18 08:29 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Force10 Online zombie
I'm just a
Force10  Online Zombie
I'm just a

CA
Bought the digital version for my Xbox One last night...the download size was 80gb! I'm sure I will have to download the patch when I get home. Left it downloading when I went to sleep so hopefully the base game finished.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4445591 - 10/26/18 08:50 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
While I'm staunch member of the PC master race, I'm getting this, it'll be the first console game I've bought since 1999.

Should I get it for Xbox or PS4?

I can either one for free but I know nothing of current consoles.

#4445592 - 10/26/18 08:54 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Will this run well on a vanilla PS4 or is the latest fancy upgrade required?

#4445599 - 10/26/18 09:25 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I've got it and been playing it as I convalesce here at home with the cancer! Finally something new to take my attention.

I'm just through chapter 1 which is highly scripted. Basically it's like an hour long tutorial. I put it down for now to build a fire and play with the kids but will start the true "open world" stuff tonight maybe.

It sure is purty though.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4445603 - 10/26/18 10:00 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: Airdrop01]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Airdrop01
I've got it and been playing it as I convalesce here at home with the cancer!

oh man......not you too. Hope you beat it.

#4445608 - 10/26/18 10:36 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
Originally Posted by Airdrop01
I've got it and been playing it as I convalesce here at home with the cancer!

oh man......not you too. Hope you beat it.

Yeah, since May. Stage 4. Thanks for the kind words. There's somewhere here a thread about "news and prayers needed." We are all dropping like flies.

But I have as good a chance as anyone. I'm faithful, healthy other than this (before this anyway) and 47. Never drank much. Never smoked.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4445649 - 10/27/18 03:51 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

After about ten hours my patch download just now finished. So I won't be starting it tonight. I look forward to starting it tomorrow!

@Mr._Blastman, I heard a month ago or so that during one of Rockstar's behind the scenes look at the game for special media/press peoples, that people immediately were commenting on how beautiful the game looked to which Rockstar at that special screening confirmed that what they were watching was on the regular PS4 hardware. I have a launch console that has served me well and I think as they normally do, they've covered all the bases and have produced a well rounded, quality AAA product. I can't say for certain but I doubt that even a Pro model does anything more significant to the game other than perhaps assist with 4K gaming and what have you. I'm assuming that the game would still be locked to 30 frames even on a Pro.

@Crane Hunter. I can only speak to the PS4. I've owned a launch model since 2014 and it has served me well and its a beautiful little machine. It has many great titles and I love the interface and controller which is one of if not best console controller I've ever used.

Last edited by Coot; 10/27/18 03:52 AM.

#4445654 - 10/27/18 04:30 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [Re: archermav]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I think the xbox1 controller is superior to ps4 controller but if you grew up with PSs then you'll never convice you of the superior layout of the xbox smile

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.