Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4445368 - 10/25/18 05:03 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Adger:
You are correct as far as I can recall too. I do not ever remember kksnowbear saying anything positive about WOFF or WOTR, just problems.

Makes you wonder why he keeps posting unless he just wants an audience or keep things stirred up..

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4445369 - 10/25/18 05:07 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

First of all I'm not answering your question about other games because it's immaterial. But the fact is, I have no other games that exhibit this specific issue, nor have I seen it on any game on any of the hundreds of machines I've built - keep in mind I've done computer work professionally for over 35 years. I've built and sold gaming computers both here at SimHQ and also locally where I live. If you were looking, you've undoubtedly seen the post from Carrick above, whose machine I built several years ago. I've had members from this forum as guests in my home, helping them with computer repair and sold some stuff, too. I've helped many here with PC problems, and I've been graciously honored that folks like RAFLouvert recognize my contributions and knowledge.

As far as support of OBD, as i already said, I've supported them with my wallet, same as you, since the beginning. Stop trying to make it sound like I have it in for OBD, it's just not true. I see there's an issue, it needs to be acknowledged to have any chance of being corrected, that's really all there is to it.

Also, if you think I'm singling out OBD, I guess you weren't around when I was "singling out" ROF for the issues it had. At that time, I was telling that group how much better OFF was than ROF. But I guess that little truth doesn't fit into your version of things, right?

Last edited by kksnowbear; 10/25/18 05:31 PM.
#4445372 - 10/25/18 05:10 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

PR, I'll refer you to the post I just made. You're misinformed, the fact is I've had plenty good to say about this sim.

#4445380 - 10/25/18 05:47 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

You've not seen stutters or texture issues on any other game? Ever? I don't care about your 35 years of computer work. The statement you made right there throws any credibility you had from me right outta the window. I've also built systems in my spare time and 2 or more can be built same specs, CPU,GPU everything,and yet they will both perform differently.

What's helping others with computer hardware got to do with what I posted and you posting regarding the "stutters"? The "Stutters" again were commented about over 2YEARS ago..you were given answers then were you not?So what needs acknowledging?

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4445387 - 10/25/18 06:13 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
kksnowbear:
I never said you didn't, just " I do not ever remember kksnowbear saying anything positive about WOFF or WOTR, just problems,"

If you have ever said anything positive, I must have missed it with all the other negatives you bring up.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4445388 - 10/25/18 06:18 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

I said precisely what I meant. I've never seen this specific issue on any other game. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm tired of answering all your questions. I've tried to be polite but you're awfully bothered that the evidence shows what it obviously shows. Anyone can see there's a connection.

If you don't have the problem, great. However, that doesn't change the fact that the issue is what it clearly is.

#4445389 - 10/25/18 06:21 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Panama Red]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by Panama Red
kksnowbear:
I never said you didn't, just " I do not ever remember kksnowbear saying anything positive about WOFF or WOTR, just problems,"

If you have ever said anything positive, I must have missed it with all the other negatives you bring up.

Then all I can suggest is that perhaps you might not know what you think you do.

#4445394 - 10/25/18 06:32 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Well, that escalated quickly!

Here's my thoughts as plain as I can make them:
1. I have seen stutters in the game.
2. They do not occur with anywhere near the frequency that they would diminish my enjoyment.
3. Not every stutter in my videos were there in the original playthrough; in fact, most probably aren't. There is definitely some impact of the recording process. The one stutter I specifically mentioned was there, and probably made a near miss a fatal crash.
4. It would be good to fix this issue and I will keep a lookout for any possible sources going forward.
5. In the meantime, Robert's excellent utility is a good working stopgap measure, I have used it in the past for other strange bugs I encountered. Once in WOFF, my Strutter was hit by friendly fire, cutting our gas lines. I set down uninjured on the shore of a lake and ended up in the debrief screen dead.. Oh well, thank you Mr. Wiggins!
6. I always look forward to a great sim getting better.
7. Have a nice day!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4445395 - 10/25/18 06:33 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
I just reviewed the 11 page WOFF thread on stuttering. http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4257482/1

kknowsbear we exhausted this topic extensively then.

At that time I tried to be as supportive as I could be in your quest, but we can up empty.

I see no reason to pursue this further.

You were unable to create a scenario were stuttering could be created on demand.

My observation... if some users get stutters and some do not (at least to the point of it affecting them) then the issue is much more likely to be variations in the PC's themselves as opposed to something systemic in WOTR or WOFF.
Even if there is something in WOTR/WOFF interacting randomly on some particular systems, with some particular combination of hardware/software/drivers, isolating that connection is an effort in futility as has already been proven.

For WOTR, I fall in with the others, IF I am having stutters, they are not enough to affect my enjoyment of WOTR.

Sincerely

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4445403 - 10/25/18 07:35 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Stache]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by Stache

You were unable to create a scenario were stuttering could be created on demand

I don't know what you reviewed, but that's absolutely inaccurate. Only two people even attempted it at the time, yourself I believe and 77scout (without checking mind you). One acknowledged changing views (or something akin to that) where there probably would have been stutter, and the other actually did have stutter IIR ( and I seem to recall one of them did not spiral in pursuit, which would probably have shown stutter; rather, they went more straight down).

Regardless, this isn't about that thread. That only got brought up because others keep insisting I'm trying to ruin everything OBD or whatever.

The video from Robert I linked above, as well as Rick's, both show the same exact thing happening in WOTR. In Rick's case, it was sufficient to cause an unintended and undesired consequence in his engagement (which he has now graciously re-confirmed). Not incidentally, the same occurs in the KeK22 video: the stutter happens at the very moment which would normally call for evasive action, but by the time video movement is restored, he's getting hammered.

Once again, whether someone is willing to deal with the problem doesn't mean it's not occurring.

The point is that it's obvious that it happens. And if you're suggesting machine problems are causing it, then you're effectively saying that Hellshade, RJW, and Rick all have the same machine problems...

Last edited by kksnowbear; 10/25/18 07:52 PM.
#4445407 - 10/25/18 07:56 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: kksnowbear]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
No it is not inaccurate - I did use the scenario and was unable to recreate stutters - can you explain why? You even commented how smooth mine was - Mine was the one where you thought it was a stutter but I told you it was not.

I did not bring up this thread because I think you are trying to ruin OBD. I brought it up because it was the same issue and has been brought up by you ad nauseam.

Same as that WOFF thread, show me a WOTR scenario where stutters can be created on demand (okay well how about at least most of the time) and I will test it.

BUT First, show me multiple videos from you that shows your stutters.

The point is only that it may happen to some people some of the time.
The truth is - Even if there is something in WOTR/WOFF interacting randomly on some particular systems, with some particular combination of hardware/software/drivers, isolating that connection is an effort in futility as has already been proven.

p.s. what are your system specs? What software do you have installed on it? Is this a system dedicated to gaming?

Last edited by Stache; 10/25/18 08:07 PM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4445412 - 10/25/18 08:15 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Was it yours that the view was changed? Like I said, if that's the case, changing views means even if there were stutter you might miss it. Not sure, but at best I recall those two examples were inconclusive.

Moreover, and again, this isn't about that thread. There are now several examples which clearly show the very issue I'm referring to, so there's no need to keep bringing that old thread up.

So, it's not clear - are you saying that this is caused by machine problems which are present in Hellshades, Robert's, Rick's and my computers? Never mind all the details, for the moment, I just want to confirm your theory is that all these different machines have the problem(s) that cause the sim to stutter.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 10/25/18 08:17 PM.
#4445415 - 10/25/18 08:27 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
The devil in these cases is in the details.

So it is Clear, show us your examples from your system.

Show us a WOTR scenario where stutters can be created on demand (okay well how about at least most of the time) and I will test it.

BUT First, show us multiple videos from you that shows your stutters.

Last edited by Stache; 10/25/18 08:41 PM.

#4445418 - 10/25/18 08:41 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: kksnowbear]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by kksnowbear

The point is that it's obvious that it happens. And if you're suggesting machine problems are causing it, then you're effectively saying that Hellshade, RJW, and Rick all have the same machine problems..
Moreover, and again, this isn't about that thread. There are now several examples which clearly show the very issue I'm referring to, so there's no need to keep bringing that old thread up.

Its not obvious to me because honestly..ive never seen it happen all the while ive flown WOFF/WOTR im sincerelly not making it up. And im not here to boast that it hasn,t happened it simply hasn,t. If it WAS a WOFF/WOTR issue then why am i NOT seeing them? Maybe others arnt either? Why machine problems? it could be possible background software issues..I bet Roberts,Hellshades and Ricks pc,s have totally different programs running different from each others and mine. There could be literally 1000,s of variables

Ive said time and time again that watching videos does,nt convey what "flying" in game does.. mentioned by Rick i quote "Not every stutter in my videos were there in the original playthrough; in fact, most probably aren't. There is definitely some impact of the recording process. The one stutter I specifically mentioned was there, and probably made a near miss a fatal crash."

Ther,es every need regarding the thread issue because this one is going the bloody same way as that thread..a thread 11 pages long that was done to death was it not? Nothing was confirmed or was it? Has Stache mentioned."We came up empty"

[

BUT First, show me multiple videos from you that shows your stutters.

I dont believe he can..because i dont believe he owns WOTR,his judgement is based on watching videos of others. Am i correct KKsnowbear and which even Rick has mentioned "Not every stutter in my videos were there in the original playthrough; in fact, most probably aren't." A guy that ACTUALLY has put hrs into this sim

We will remember them.
#4445425 - 10/25/18 09:05 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Stache]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

The devil in these cases is in the details.

So it is Clear, show us your examples from your system.

Show us a WOTR scenario where stutters can be created on demand (okay well how about at least most of the time) and I will test it.

BUT First, show us multiple videos from you that shows your stutters.

Nothing is necessary other than what is already available. It shows the problem, quite clearly, and you have (at least) one first-hand account other than me (Rick): "The one stutter I specifically mentioned was there, and probably made a near miss a fatal crash."

If you believe that some mysterious machine problem (this includes software, hence my not saying "hardware problem") is causing this, that's OK, too - but, as I said, you're effectively saying Hellshade, RJW have the same problem (whatever it is).

Really a shame one of those guys can't figure it out, since it's happening on their systems and they're supposed to be the experts here.

Oh well, I guess it can't be fixed. No worries, then. Such a shame; really great sim except for the few remaining problems. (Careful, someone might think I said something positive about the sim).

Last edited by kksnowbear; 10/25/18 09:06 PM.
#4445426 - 10/25/18 09:24 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: kksnowbear]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Oh well, I guess it can't be fixed. No worries, then. Such a shame; really great sim except for the few remaining problems. (Careful, someone might think I said something positive about the sim).

"Really great sim" you know that by watching videos of it then i take? The videos that you say show these "issues" but now all of a sudden its a great sim..you havent a clue YOU DONT OWN IT DO YOU how can you possibly say something positive about it? Absolutely priceless pal. IMO so unbelievably false
Its not for me a great sim..not yet its a good sim but it needs more flesh on its bones which ive no doubt OBD will deliver before it becomes great. And thats from someone who HAS flown it Who HAS put hrs into it.

We will remember them.
#4445431 - 10/25/18 10:17 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Adger]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by Adger

"Really great sim" you know that by watching videos of it then i take? The videos that you say show these "issues" but now all of a sudden its a great sim..you havent a clue YOU DONT OWN IT DO YOU how can you possibly say something positive about it? Absolutely priceless pal. IMO so unbelievably false
Its not for me a great sim..not yet its a good sim but it needs more flesh on its bones which ive no doubt OBD will deliver before it becomes great. And thats from someone who HAS flown it Who HAS put hrs into it.

So people can't say anything positive about the sim unless they already own it. Right.

I'm going to venture that there are far, far more people who don't own this than those who do...but, well...according to you; those who don't can't say anything positive about it.

I'm having trouble figuring this out, though...I mean, I don't own a Corvette, but based on it's looks, features, and documented performance, I still think they're nice. I guess to you, that's not allowed.

#4445440 - 10/25/18 10:45 PM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: kksnowbear]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Adger

So people can't say anything positive about the sim unless they already own it. Right.

I'm going to venture that there are far, far more people who don't own this than those who do...but, well...according to you; those who don't can't say anything positive about it.

I'm having trouble figuring this out, though...I mean, I don't own a Corvette, but based on it's looks, features, and documented performance, I still think they're nice. I guess to you, that's not allowed.

Youve spent the last few days trying to find "issues" with it and now all of a sudden your claiming its a great sim,without owning or even playing it? haha I and most probably others can see just how false your comments really are.

Ive actually read some of your posts in the past regarding different issues (technical) and actually agreed with some of them..Then you post crap like you have above and all that "respect" has gone threw the window..trying to squirm out of a situation..For a grown man like yourself its embarrassing.

Why dont you go find some other sim/game to watch videos of..then without purchasing jump on their forums and pick "faults" in them and then after youve done that tell the entire forum "Its a great game"? Absolutely Priceless. Those "Other" people you mention have,nt come onto this forum claiming theres "issues" without playing the sim and then said oh btw its a great game though have they?

Of course people can say positive things about the sim they dont own..but dont pull the sim apart by watching videos claiming theres "issues" and then at the end say "really great sim" All without actually playing the bloody thing. Absolutely incredible from you even now screwy

We will remember them.
#4445457 - 10/26/18 01:44 AM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

It's not necessary to own any game, or have played it, to know there are issues. May come as a surprise, but it happens all the time. People (well, smart people) do research before they throw money down. Most purchasing decisions are made based on what people learn about something by referral or research.

There's this nifty tool you might have heard of called the internet, that allows people to find out all about any game they're considering, and all without it costing a dime. And (surprise) there's no rule saying it all has to be positive, either. Anyway, people can see for themselves, and make their own determination. Too bad it's not all the people who already own the sim that you really want to appeal to. I assume when there is constant mention of more "support" (sales) being needed, they're not referring to people who already bought the sim; apparently more is still needed.

That Vette I mentioned earlier, I like them...but they get sucky mileage, they're outrageously expensive to buy and more so to insure and maintain. It's totally idiotic to suggest I can't say positive things about the sim just because I understand the evidence shows other, less positive aspects. Most intelligent people have no trouble with the idea, hence the term "love-hate" relationship. Maybe you wanna look that up some time, if it evades you.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 10/26/18 02:12 AM.
#4445465 - 10/26/18 03:14 AM Re: Radio and ground control also direction unsure.. [Re: Wodin]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

It's not necessary to own a hooker or play with one to know that there are issues. I usually look for ratings on the walls of the bathroom in the local bar, you can't find those on the internet.

Owning a hooker is too darn pensive...like the old saying, if you can screw it, float it, or fly it, rent it.

Since I can't afford to buy or rent an actual flight experience, I buy flight sims. I usually buy them based on the user community...nearly all of the WOFF and WOTR community are great folks to be around virtually, so I support OBD and have had a great experience in the process.

Did I mention that their sims are fun? Who cares about the occasional whiner in the bunch? Bet they haven't had any fun in a while. Are we still talking about buying hookers?

Last edited by BirdDogICT; 10/26/18 03:22 AM. Reason: wasn't finished

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.