Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4444618 - 10/20/18 07:51 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Question about patches: If I update vom 1.6 to 1.7, do I need to reapply the updated HD packs too?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4444623 - 10/20/18 08:24 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Doesn't seem like you need to. I didn't and everything looks the same.

The patch did mess up the character equip screen for me. Especially when you repair an item. I have to re-equip everything. It shows equipped, but it isn't. Not a big deal, but still...

They also changed the dismount to only when stopped, which cramps my style smile

Originally Posted by Lieste
Chumps has a 20 arrow limit btw.

That's the floating logs right? How did I not notice that? lol

I had wondered how many playthroughs because I was curious how long someone might free-play. I feel like I've really taken my time, no rush to do anything, hours spent just exploring and hunting and admiring the vistas, and still at just 130. Thanks for the answers.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4444641 - 10/21/18 12:03 AM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Game is on discount at GOG right now

#4444655 - 10/21/18 02:35 AM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

After posting at 7 yesterday, I finished off the first play of the dlc & patch content. Taking another 6 hours. Total at least 16 hours. (Only one of 4-5 tourney cycles as a bug prevents the second from starting during the Epilogue, so more (repeating) content with armour pieces as a prize for winning each forming a set as a reward).

I can see how you could just buy something in game which was the bulk of the second half of the questing... and with the use of fast travel about half of the playtime could be removed (but for me that is at least part of the pleasure of playing - the travel between places, just for the hell of it, or for the current main purpose). Still it would be a very preciously 'rushed' playstyle to get a meaningful involvement and less than 3 hours IMO - or in other words looking for a reason to complain about thinness.

There are numerous alternative options not pursued that I'd love to see played out, but I will either save these for a later full playthrough, or watch them if they form part of one of the Let's play channels I follow, rather than systematically working through them right now.

#4444823 - 10/22/18 01:01 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well then that's not so bad, what did you think of the DLC? I've only used fast travel a few times so would probably get some mileage out of it.

I've avoided triggering the tournament since I've read it has some issues. Not bothered by it, and it would give me something new to look forward to if I should start a second run. If I were to buy the DLCs that would add more new content. And maybe I'd look for some mods. Not much I want to change, but if there is a mod that removes the thing that ties player damage to stamina I might consider that. I'd also consider some changes to the archery, but I have no idea what mods are out there as I have yet to look. This run has been stock vanilla.

#4444849 - 10/22/18 04:10 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I really enjoyed the AAoHC quests.
I got a bit murdery in the first quest... on reflection I don't know whether that was a good call or not. There are certainly alternatives to this. Felt good though in context. Though obviously that by itself doesn't make it the best option.

There is a follow up to "Miracles while you wait", with the Charlatan making his promised way to Ledetchko (in the base game he fled 'to Ledetchko' but never showed up). This quest is complex, involved, requires some thinking to get 'full' success (and I missed one option) and some potential for unexpected consequences... or you can bypass it (as those who complain the dlc is short apparently have all done).

Then bringing it all together for a wooing "in the French style".

Places where the game asks the player to think, and come up with their own solution, places where the player gets to make moral decisions, and some comedy. Plus a tale of love and longing of "the most beautiful creature in the world".

While I'd suggest FtA only if on sale, because it is out of scale, has balance issues and fails to 'solve' the problems it was introduced to fix... but is a pleasant if pandering quest. It could be significantly improved by reworking some of the rules, but falls a bit flat as is, AAoHC was fun, fit into the world scale and allowed (if not strictly required) some thought to get 'right' with the possibility to fail in 'interesting ways' seemingly available, as with elsewhere ~ so some replay exists as there isn't only one outcome or path for each stage.

Worth the full $10? Maybe, depending in part on your expectations of VFM in entertainment (For me this isn't a lot of money to have (by the time I am played through with it) 20+ hours, because I will explore in some way or other the options not seen). I'm decidedly not wealthy, but will happily spend hundreds on hobbies I enjoy.

#4445088 - 10/23/18 09:46 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the info. I think if I were to replay KCD I'd get that stuff.

Here are some shots of the towns, mostly in and around Sasau

Talmberg Castle

[Linked Image]

My trusty mount Bucephalus

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The nightlife in Samopesh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 20181021011211_1.jpg20181022231531_1.jpg20181023100556_1.jpg20181023101639_1.jpg20181023171215_1.jpg20181023171905_1.jpg20181022231856_1.jpg

#4445199 - 10/24/18 03:26 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Some random tips:
If you have an older PC and are having issues with frame rates and or bad pop in, don't buy a fast horse. This will make it much worse.

Want to get your sneak skill up? In the prologue there's a guy with a pitchfork by a haystack between the inner bailey and the town proper, just keep knocking him out. Already left and Skalitz burned? Try wayfarers, there's no witnesses. Also, keep asking the miller to practice pickpocketing, it's slow, but safe and easy. There's also the practice chest behind the mill, you can only unlock it a few times, but it'll help a bit. Anytime you sneak and either pick a lock/pocket, knock someone out, or stealth kill them, your stealth skill will go up.

Having trouble with archer?
The bowman's brew helps quite a bit. It'll improve your skill by +5 making it a little steadier for about 5 minutes.
Also, use the smallest bow you have until you get your stats and bow skill up. Using a bow at or above your strength stats seems to add to the sway. That sway is also only left or right, you need to figure out how high to aim depending on the range and the bow being used. It's kind of an art and I don't have any easy tips other than to practice.
The log contest is great practice, your skill will go up and you get a lot of practice on moving targets. Other archery contests are OK practice for stationary targets, but your skill doesn't go up.
If you don't want to use a reticle mod, use the cuman gloves with a bow. Where the arrow is aimed is a point where a line on the back of the gloves and the arrow meet. It's something like this picture, but there's an actual line on the gloves:
[Linked Image]

#4445320 - 10/25/18 12:02 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I just wish they would optimize the engine a bit more.

OTOH maybe it's too visually open and large to have miracle 4K framerates...

My biggest immersion killer are the animations on NPCs in daily tasks.

Oh, and ssomething no game ever managed: plate that doesn't bend/stretch.

#4445329 - 10/25/18 01:19 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good tips wormfood. I've used the Cuman vambraces trick, as those are the ones I wear all the time. And I think all archery contests contribute to raising bow skill, though maybe you have to win for it to do so? I've only seen it increase upon completion of the event anyway. I certainly used the fixed-target one in Rattay to level up a bit.

Your tip about knocking the guy out again and again is a good one, but I've avoided these sorts of things and just let the character develop naturally. The one exception is that I vaulted everything, often going out of my way to take the path through town with the most fences to hurdle over lol. I never did get in to pickpocketing, my skill is like 2 even at this late stage.

Colonel, I'm not running 4k and maybe that's the thing, because as you see in the shots I've posted it's always pegged at 60 fps, except in the nighttime shot where it's 53, I assume rendering the torchlight./shadows is the reason. I don't have a cutting edge box any longer and my impression of graphics performance has been great. Maybe I'm just lucky?

By the way that was quite a hot fix yesterday at 10 gigs! Most of the DLC bugs should be fixed it appears.

#4445684 - 10/27/18 12:36 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Finished the game last night, Steam says I played for 147 hours. It's the sort of game where you could play half of that, or double that, or endlessly if you choose. I really enjoyed it, for reasons that I've covered already.. I liked the main quest, most all of the mechanics and I had very few of the issues that are often mentioned about this game. It ran great, played great, never crashed and I'm glad I gave it a go. Paid full price 6 weeks ago (it's on sale at the mo) and easily got my money's worth.I did not opt in the end for any of the paid DLC, but might do if i should start another run. In all I'd highly recommend it if you enjoy first person RPGs. Based on my experience I'd say to ignore the negative voices that claim the game is unfinished or a buggy mess. I saw none of that.

#4481881 - 07/07/19 10:31 AM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Fellas, dragging up an old thread but I was somewhat late to the party with this gamr. Everything was going swimmingly well, for 3 hours, but now there is no in game sound. I get the title music, I get the speech at the beginning outlining everything, then nothing. Tried a reinstall of my realtek driver, but as everything else is groovy on my PC I'm at a loss. Tried to get refunded but Steam say no as I've now got 3.5 hours in. Any pointers please?

I am now trying a reinstall, so fingers crossed.

#4481928 - 07/07/19 06:08 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
Did you turn the volume down in the sound effects menu perhaps? Or hit the MUTE key or something?

Otherwise check your windows volume sliders and make sure everything is turned on. If sound is being played in the game but not coming out through your speakers you should see it in the windows volume mixer (right side of the taskbar, not in game)

Also double check that your windows default sound device is set to the right one, just in case.

#4481942 - 07/07/19 08:54 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Appreciate you taking the time to reply VF. It's just KCD I'm having issues with. Re install didn't cure it. All other games work correctly, on line everything works. Most odd. I wondered if perhaps I had d/l something that was causing the issue, but nothing. Like I say I d/l the game again but still nowt.

#4481943 - 07/07/19 08:56 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Maybe you have 4.1 speakers? I do, and many games don't work correctly with them, so I have to set my speakers in windows to 5.1, then manually disable(not mute) the center channel to get speech to play through my right and left front speakers.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 07/07/19 08:57 PM.
#4481945 - 07/07/19 09:18 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
mbeaver Offline
mbeaver  Offline

Arizona, USA

I saw this posted in the Steam forum:

"it seems the no sound issue happens when the game starts in full screen. switching to windowed put the sound back, then you can manually switch it back to full screen.. weird bug ."

#4481967 - 07/08/19 04:56 AM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I don't know if it will do anything but they also have HQ sound packs for the game. Maybe you can try installing those (or uninstalling if they are) and see if that gets the sound working again.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4481973 - 07/08/19 08:26 AM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Thanks for the tips gents, sadly none of them worked. Sound still bost. I've only got the two speakers, and the output on the volume setting is correct. I tried with headphones, but still no go.
I've put a ticket into Warhorse studios, so who knows? In the mean time just need to find something else to play.

#4481987 - 07/08/19 01:11 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Win 10?

Try this...

Right-click the speaker icon beside the clock

Click “Troubleshoot sound problems”

Select your audio source and run through the troubleshooter

See if that helps

#4482041 - 07/08/19 08:26 PM Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance a half-year on [Re: DBond]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Tried that DB. Warhorse said reinstall Steam, so I did. Still knackered. No idea what it could be, and I think enough time has been spent pondering. Cheers chaps.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.