Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4444582 - 10/20/18 02:15 PM For those with DCS and CMANO  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

Don't know if this is been brought up before. But if you have both DCS and Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations and you make missions in DCS World, Command can help.

What I do with a DCS scenario usually is I make it incredibly easy or way too difficult. My solution has been to make the same aircraft I want in the DCS mission onto a mission in Command. What I can do from there is add or delete airframes or SAM sites until it gets to be about even for both sides in command.

Of course one thing to remember is that Command models the missiles better than DCS World so that also needs to be taken into account. For the most part however it seems to help me make balanced missions. Sorry if this is common knowledge and a redundant post.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4445043 - 10/23/18 04:08 PM Re: For those with DCS and CMANO [Re: LC]  
Exorcet Offline
Exorcet  Offline

I don't have Command, but I'm wondering how this works, mostly because of some of the DCS AI's quirks that I'm sure won't all be shared in other simulators, which will have their own quirks instead. DCS SAM's, for example, I find a bother sometimes because they are so straight forward, ie always on or off unless you modify them with scripts or triggers. Flights opposing the SAM's are either SEAD which will usually 100% destroy or fail to destroy them based almost completely on the ARM type they use or they are strike/fighter aircraft which ignore the SAM until being fired on.

Though I guess if it's helping you there's at least something to it.

#4447306 - 11/06/18 10:56 PM Re: For those with DCS and CMANO [Re: Exorcet]  
LC Offline
LC  Offline

Originally Posted by Exorcet
I don't have Command, but I'm wondering how this works, mostly because of some of the DCS AI's quirks that I'm sure won't all be shared in other simulators, which will have their own quirks instead. DCS SAM's, for example, I find a bother sometimes because they are so straight forward, ie always on or off unless you modify them with scripts or triggers. Flights opposing the SAM's are either SEAD which will usually 100% destroy or fail to destroy them based almost completely on the ARM type they use or they are strike/fighter aircraft which ignore the SAM until being fired on.

Though I guess if it's helping you there's at least something to it.

Sorry for late reply Exorcet, I guess I use it more as abstract in seeing if the mission is feasible with the amount of aircraft or SAMs etc. Obviously its not an end all be all to see if the mission can be accomplished or not. More of an "If I have a flight of 4 F-15s can they theoretically fight through X amount of MIG XXs and continue on or will it be too much"?

You are exactly right however in pointing out the flaws in this logic when it comes to the little things like missile behavior and hit percentages. However in evaluating the force balance in a mission I feel it can help sometimes. Then, there are other times of course smile

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
#4447539 - 11/08/18 09:36 AM Re: For those with DCS and CMANO [Re: LC]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
I've got command, I see this a viable alternative to DCS, I don't have tacview as I feel that other alternatives such as the OP mentioned is a viable and cheaper option.

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.