Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4442073 - 10/03/18 08:57 PM Unassign POV Hat?  
Eisenfaust Offline
Eisenfaust  Offline

Hi Folks - any way to unassign the pov hat?

Using EDTracker for head tracking und joy2key for setting up my HOTAS x - so I would like to use the hatswitsch for difrent things than pan view - trimming for example.

But now the screen flickers everytime I hit the switch - that would stop if it could be unassigned smile

#4442079 - 10/03/18 09:20 PM Re: Unassign POV Hat? [Re: Eisenfaust]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
What brand of Stick?

For my VKB Gunfighter Pro, using the config software for the stick I was able to change the hat from POV to button (keyboard) presses. Mine is now zoom in / out and target friendly / enemy.

For my thrustmaster T16000m using its Target Software I am able to toggle the function of hat from POV to button (keyboard) presses.

Having a working POV is nice when the view is outside the cockpit and head tracking is not active, so you can still use the POV to pan around.

Do not know if there is any way to do this from within WOTR.

Last edited by Stache; 10/03/18 09:21 PM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4442156 - 10/04/18 09:12 AM Re: Unassign POV Hat? [Re: Eisenfaust]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

No not from within WOTR Function Bindings tool it treats it as it is, a POV, but you can as Stache says use the joystick's own software to change it's behaviour.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4442342 - 10/05/18 06:51 PM Re: Unassign POV Hat? [Re: Polovski]  
bweiss Offline
bweiss  Offline

Is there any way to delete the "fixed views" internal viewpoints? I would like to use NewView for instant return forward view point while in hat panning view, among other uses. But the fixed viewpoints even after disabling fixed views (scroll lock) interfere with NV causing flickers and panning stutter. Is there a file which can be edited to delete what is used for the fixed view point settings to eliminate them altogether, ala IL2 series where they could just be deleted from the old settings file?

Last edited by bweiss; 10/05/18 07:01 PM.

"War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose;
then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end,
one is surprised that everyone has lost."

-Karl Kraus, Die Fackel, October 19, 1917
#4442363 - 10/05/18 08:42 PM Re: Unassign POV Hat? [Re: Eisenfaust]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

I have no idea what Newview is. Anyway you can try deleting the pov stuff from WOTRKeys.xca (appdata\
C:\Users\(YOU)\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich

I have never tried that myself but try deleting ;

<Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov" FriendlyDesc="Head POV" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
from your joystick.
It may well default to using it anyway.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4442493 - 10/06/18 02:49 PM Re: Unassign POV Hat? [Re: Polovski]  
bweiss Offline
bweiss  Offline

Stone the crows...

I've had WOFF Deluxe for a few months now and I should have thought of that. And yes, now looking through WOTRKeys.xca, it appears the culprit may be the eyepoint views. I was looking for the individual view point assignments for the hat snap/fixed views (forward, right, left, back, etc,). However, in looking through the WOTRKeys.xca, I realize now that the eyepoint view settings are perhaps the issue mentioned above. They tend to cause a slip out of view coordinates with NV's mouseview too (like one had used the eyepoints to move right/left or something). Eyepoint reset resolves that. So perhaps they are what is actually interfering a tad with the hat panning. After tweaking NV some that issue is just a bit of stickiness now. Flicker is removed using "scroll lock" key disable of fixed views. Stutter was removed reducing the NV speed modifiers for the panning rotation acceleration by slowing them down considerably. By the way, this isn't any WOTR complaint or game issue. This is tinkering and tweaking with a 3rd party app likely as not for which I'm the sole user. If I can get it to work it's a bit of wizard. If not, I can just use a button assignment for F6 and get the same basic results. I just can't further modify the button behavior in WOTR, like can be done using NV or any of it's other potentials. Just to explain.

NewView, (NV), I believe had it's early beginnings about the time IR Tracking became a thing. Hat snap views versus hat panning before hat panning became the norm for sims. Scratching my chin a bit, wasn't until IL2 series came out that it became a part and parcel of that sim, initially anyway. Essentially, it is of Russian origin so most of the help files are in Russian, though V.25 and .33 had English readme's. It uses a .dll file that has to be registered in the system, and then maintains a .ini file in it's root dir., telling the game what options/tweaks, etc., one has selected. Removing the .dll file disables the registration. Options range from controlling an IR helmut (which I do not use), to hat, mouse, joystick button and axis controls modifiers, options, and variables. It works as an overlay to existing joystick/mouse/button game settings and or J-stick program controls. Designed specifically for IL-2 series, but works fine with WOFF. No idea where it originally came from but one can still run across it in some conversations in the IL-2 threads. I know of no "safe" link to d/l it any longer. Will it work successfully with WOTR, is what I'm attempting to determine.

Thank you kindly for pointing me to the WOTRKeys.xca file. Unless there is another file somewhere with the hat fixed views assignments (Forward, right, left, back). Then this is exactly the file I needed. Would have figured it out eventually, but this saved me a lot of time.

~Salute!

Last edited by bweiss; 10/06/18 03:47 PM.

"War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose;
then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end,
one is surprised that everyone has lost."

-Karl Kraus, Die Fackel, October 19, 1917

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.