Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4436094 - 08/28/18 01:57 AM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: Feetwet]  
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
SUBS_17 Offline
Member
SUBS_17  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Feetwet
What happened to then?

We're past then.

When?

Just now.

When will then be now?

Soon!


The funniest time travel joke is if something has happened with a women that involves you and you know what has happened but have not done it yet and then tell them.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4436127 - 08/28/18 10:34 AM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: SUBS_17]  
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 110,599
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 110,599
Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by SUBS_17

So for space travel the fastest method is by Worm holes



I thought it was by "folding" space? You just have to find a fourth stage guild navigator.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4436180 - 08/28/18 04:07 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: piper]  
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Khai Offline
TARDIS engineer
Khai  Offline
TARDIS engineer
Member

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
UK
I'll take an ol' obsolete Gallifreyian Type 40 anyday. while those are still getting there, we can go for lunch, see a show or 2, (Mozart in person anyone?), and still arrive before everything else leaves biggrin

#4436369 - 08/29/18 11:24 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: piper]  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,193
Mr_Blastman Online content
Senior Member
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Senior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,193
Atlanta, GA
The infinite improbability drive beats them all.

[Linked Image]

#4436406 - 08/30/18 10:21 AM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
SUBS_17 Offline
Member
SUBS_17  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by SUBS_17

So for space travel the fastest method is by Worm holes



I thought it was by "folding" space? You just have to find a fourth stage guild navigator.


Worm holes do not work by folding space, they work by an element which is of a nature that produces a worm hole which consists of two spheres one is called the entry point worm hole the other is the exit point worm hole. How a star works is there is another dimension bigger than this universe that is sphere shaped which is full of fuel, in the centre is a worm hole that uses a gravity field that encompasses that entire dimension and draws fuel into the wormhole entry point. The fuel then exits from a worm hole exit point inside the core of the star and is compressed in this process it then exudes through holes on the stars core onto the surface where it combusts upon contact with a catalyst on the surface. So evidence is the black hole which is where after a star has had a supernova it has some how reversed the polarity of the worm hole element causing them to flip and now the worm hole exit point becomes the worm entry point and vice versa and the old stars gravity field (normal star goes to beyond the most distant space body{comet or pluto}, pivot star everything in the entire galaxy) pulls everything into the black hole.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
#4436498 - 08/30/18 07:45 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: piper]  
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Khai Offline
TARDIS engineer
Khai  Offline
TARDIS engineer
Member

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
UK
or...




you just need a pulsed graviton beam and a porn mag....


Last edited by Khai; 08/30/18 07:46 PM.
#4436527 - 08/30/18 11:10 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: SUBS_17]  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,193
Mr_Blastman Online content
Senior Member
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Senior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,193
Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by SUBS_17
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by SUBS_17

So for space travel the fastest method is by Worm holes



I thought it was by "folding" space? You just have to find a fourth stage guild navigator.


Worm holes do not work by folding space, they work by an element which is of a nature that produces a worm hole which consists of two spheres one is called the entry point worm hole the other is the exit point worm hole. How a star works is there is another dimension bigger than this universe that is sphere shaped which is full of fuel, in the centre is a worm hole that uses a gravity field that encompasses that entire dimension and draws fuel into the wormhole entry point. The fuel then exits from a worm hole exit point inside the core of the star and is compressed in this process it then exudes through holes on the stars core onto the surface where it combusts upon contact with a catalyst on the surface. So evidence is the black hole which is where after a star has had a supernova it has some how reversed the polarity of the worm hole element causing them to flip and now the worm hole exit point becomes the worm entry point and vice versa and the old stars gravity field (normal star goes to beyond the most distant space body{comet or pluto}, pivot star everything in the entire galaxy) pulls everything into the black hole.


If it weren't for your quote beneath your post, I'd think you were serious. :P

#4436609 - 08/31/18 07:04 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
SUBS_17 Offline
Member
SUBS_17  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

If it weren't for your quote beneath your post, I'd think you were serious. :P


Regarding the science of worm holes I am quite serious and I did point out some evidence supporting it, the technology leads to all sorts of cool stuff. People need to know that the big bang theory was a theory, stars do not naturally form they are deliberately constructed at one location and that's why it looks as though an explosion of some sort occurred. You can tell when you observe a spiral galaxy, it was built to look like that even Saturn's rings are not natural something is keeping them maintained in the form that they are in.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
#4436610 - 08/31/18 07:07 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: Khai]  
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
SUBS_17 Offline
Member
SUBS_17  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Khai
or...




you just need a pulsed graviton beam and a porn mag....



Tardis engineer, I like the Title someone gave you. I can scientifically explain how the Tardis would work IRL the whole small box with a large room. Technically Tardis is the fastest ship due to time travel. You can depart and arrive at your destination before you left by Trillions of years.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
#4436613 - 08/31/18 07:38 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: piper]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,523
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,523
MS
IMO, folding space and wormhole travel aren't "fast" because they aren't based on speed. Certainly a fast way to get to a destination, but it isn't based on the ship being "fast" in itself. The Dune navigator ships were mainly just barges, weren't they? No real propulsion at all. I could be wrong, it's been 20 years. You could count the Star Trek transporter as being "fast" otherwise.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4436635 - 08/31/18 09:54 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: SUBS_17]  
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,193
Mr_Blastman Online content
Senior Member
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Senior Member

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,193
Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by SUBS_17
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

If it weren't for your quote beneath your post, I'd think you were serious. :P


Regarding the science of worm holes I am quite serious and I did point out some evidence supporting it, the technology leads to all sorts of cool stuff. People need to know that the big bang theory was a theory, stars do not naturally form they are deliberately constructed at one location and that's why it looks as though an explosion of some sort occurred. You can tell when you observe a spiral galaxy, it was built to look like that even Saturn's rings are not natural something is keeping them maintained in the form that they are in.


I think you should read up on general and special relativity because I feel like you're missing a huge swath of modern physics in your knowledge base. Mix in some astrophysics and astronomy, too.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 08/31/18 09:54 PM.
#4436639 - 08/31/18 10:45 PM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
SUBS_17 Offline
Member
SUBS_17  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
IMO, folding space and wormhole travel aren't "fast" because they aren't based on speed. Certainly a fast way to get to a destination, but it isn't based on the ship being "fast" in itself. The Dune navigator ships were mainly just barges, weren't they? No real propulsion at all. I could be wrong, it's been 20 years. You could count the Star Trek transporter as being "fast" otherwise.


There is IRL no folding in space involved where worm holes are involved, think of the universe as being a sphere shape with a wall. It cannot be bent without destroying everything inside. To arrive at a destination earliest I'd consider the fastest.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
#4436650 - 09/01/18 12:00 AM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
SUBS_17 Offline
Member
SUBS_17  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by SUBS_17
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

If it weren't for your quote beneath your post, I'd think you were serious. :P


Regarding the science of worm holes I am quite serious and I did point out some evidence supporting it, the technology leads to all sorts of cool stuff. People need to know that the big bang theory was a theory, stars do not naturally form they are deliberately constructed at one location and that's why it looks as though an explosion of some sort occurred. You can tell when you observe a spiral galaxy, it was built to look like that even Saturn's rings are not natural something is keeping them maintained in the form that they are in.


I think you should read up on general and special relativity because I feel like you're missing a huge swath of modern physics in your knowledge base. Mix in some astrophysics and astronomy, too.

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by SUBS_17
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

If it weren't for your quote beneath your post, I'd think you were serious. :P


Regarding the science of worm holes I am quite serious and I did point out some evidence supporting it, the technology leads to all sorts of cool stuff. People need to know that the big bang theory was a theory, stars do not naturally form they are deliberately constructed at one location and that's why it looks as though an explosion of some sort occurred. You can tell when you observe a spiral galaxy, it was built to look like that even Saturn's rings are not natural something is keeping them maintained in the form that they are in.


I think you should read up on general and special relativity because I feel like you're missing a huge swath of modern physics in your knowledge base. Mix in some astrophysics and astronomy, too.


You are wrong but what it is, is that I'm stating something that goes against a theory-the big bang theory. I can tell you no matter how big an explosion you'll never find a star or planet formed by it. It is obvious fuel for stars comes from another dimension.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer
#4439335 - 09/17/18 09:28 AM Re: The Fastest Spaceships, Real And Fictional [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,043
Allaire Online screwy
Donkeystrength Proponent
Allaire  Online Screwy
Donkeystrength Proponent
Senior Member

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,043
AR, USA
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
IMO, folding space and wormhole travel aren't "fast" because they aren't based on speed. Certainly a fast way to get to a destination, but it isn't based on the ship being "fast" in itself. The Dune navigator ships were mainly just barges, weren't they? No real propulsion at all. I could be wrong, it's been 20 years. You could count the Star Trek transporter as being "fast" otherwise.

The Guild Heighliners had drive systems which propelled them normally and fold space. The navigator was required to safely guide the ship through the folded space. The Dune House novels gives some more background on how the Heighliners function.


Cave canem, te necet lingendo.

Silent enim legēs inter arma.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
11 th day on lockdown
by carrick58. 03/30/20 12:26 AM
Drug combo working. Covid. Dr Zelenko NYC hospital.
by TerribleTwo. 03/29/20 12:27 PM
HILARIOUS videos found on YouTube.
by NoFlyBoy. 03/28/20 09:59 PM
Stuka!
by RedToo. 03/28/20 04:56 PM
social distancing
by KraziKanuK. 03/27/20 07:30 PM
How to correctly wash your hands properly.
by NoFlyBoy. 03/25/20 12:58 PM
Humble Bundle Driving Deal
by F4UDash4. 03/25/20 11:00 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0