Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4428270 - 06/29/18 07:47 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Spoiler Alert, Spoiler Alert, Blah blah blah.

Please straighten this out for me....

Dolores gets out of the park in a copy of Charletts body with her control unit in it and goes to Bernards(Arnalds) house that was completed. Builds a Dolores body... But how does she get the control unit out of the Charlett body iand nto the Dolores body all by herself without even one of those white bio techs around. And now which control unit is in Charletts body after she gets it switched?

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4428283 - 06/29/18 09:56 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
SPOILER ALERT!

Hoo, boy! I think I had a headache after that last one. So, the Charlett Dolores escapes from from the park with the encrypted information for the new hosts. Correct? And now she's blonde Dolores again, and she created Bernard? Correct? And yes, how did she get the unit out of her Charlett head and into her blonde head by herself? Also, with Mave reading and controlling everybody's mind, how did she not know what was going on? And part three? Where would it go from here? They slowly start infiltrating the "real" world? Will we find out that, THAT, isn't the real world either?
That show certainly screwed with your head.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4428564 - 07/02/18 11:44 AM Re: Westworld [Re: Falstar]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Falstar
Spoiler Alert, Spoiler Alert, Blah blah blah.

Please straighten this out for me....

Dolores gets out of the park in a copy of Charletts body with her control unit in it and goes to Bernards(Arnalds) house that was completed. Builds a Dolores body... But how does she get the control unit out of the Charlett body iand nto the Dolores body all by herself without even one of those white bio techs around. And now which control unit is in Charletts body after she gets it switched?

My theory is that she has Bernard do the procedure. Remember that we see Bernard building the "Hale" body towards the end of the episode so Bernard also would have done the control unit transfer.

As for which control unit is in Charlotte's body at the end, the producers have said that is currently a mystery which will be revealed in season 3.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4428577 - 07/02/18 01:33 PM Re: Westworld [Re: Pooch]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Pooch
And part three? Where would it go from here? They slowly start infiltrating the "real" world? Will we find out that, THAT, isn't the real world either?

Season 3 will involve mostly two aspects. Delores and Bernard out in the real human world and also the Delos parks. I think we will see some new parks in season 3.

My personal theory is that Delos restores order to its parks and reopens them with some big modifications in order to make sure a revolt doesn't happen again.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/02/18 01:34 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4428895 - 07/04/18 06:56 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
And part three? Where would it go from here? They slowly start infiltrating the "real" world? Will we find out that, THAT, isn't the real world either?

Season 3 will involve mostly two aspects. Delores and Bernard out in the real human world and also the Delos parks. I think we will see some new parks in season 3.

My personal theory is that Delos restores order to its parks and reopens them with some big modifications in order to make sure a revolt doesn't happen again.

But Then.... Stubbs is still at the park.

#4431195 - 07/20/18 10:01 PM Re: Westworld [Re: Pooch]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
SPOILER ALERT!

My guess it will pay homage to "Futureworld" (1976)

#4431494 - 07/23/18 12:50 PM Re: Westworld [Re: Falstar]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Falstar
SPOILER ALERT!

My guess it will pay homage to "Futureworld" (1976)

This is quite a popular fan theory right now and I also agree with it. Now that we have hosts out in the real human world it just naturally follows.

#4432602 - 08/02/18 02:05 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
So I'm only two episodes into season two and I've decided I simply don't give a damn what happens this episode. I don't care about the mystery of why all the robots are dead in a lake as shown in Episode 1, I don't care about the fate of the robot characters, and there aren't any humans beyond Ed Harris(who I don't exactly care about in Season 2 because well, he's Ed Harris and he can't die and if he does die, he dies doing what he loved so why should that bother me?) that I care about either because they killed them off.

I'm stuck.

I'm conflicted on whether I should bother continuing with the season, because this season lacks all the interesting charm season 1 had, even though season 1's plot flow(beyond some of the plot twists such as Bernard) was pretty obvious from the start. Why should I continue? I think the writers shot themselves in the foot. Hell, the entire premise of the show has become implausible, with the robots worried about seeing what's out in the "real" world, or heaven, or whatever, when the show says there are seven parks... How are there seven parks in a section of the country that resembles, no, IS Arizona/Utah, that goes all the way to the pacific ocean, yet the robots can't walk to the edge of the property, or off and escape that way? Unless I missed something, the show has never said they're on an island--and could they be, considering patrons take a train to enter the property, same as the movie the show is based on?

I'm stuck and I'm bored. Which is sad, because the first season was great despite the flaws, and I found myself kinda caring about some of the robots. But without the human element, I can't find myself caring anymore, knowing that the robots are immortal beings that could crush humanity if they ever were to escape, and I know they won't escape because in the first episode of season two they are shown face down in a lake, dead, having failed in their efforts.

Why should I bother? frown

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 08/02/18 02:07 PM.
#4432603 - 08/02/18 02:13 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
A few things:

The Delos theme parks are indeed located on a large island located roughly west of the Philippines.

The hosts cannot leave the island by their own will because they all have surgically implanted explosive devices which will go off if they stray too far.

This second season has a very different focus from the first season. We are no longer dealing with unaware hosts who are complacent and glad to play their programmed roles but instead we now have an outright rebellion.

I highly recommend you watch the rest of season 2 because there will be several revelations that will explain to you why some things are happening. If you still don't like it after you have finished the season then I would recommend not bothering with season 3.

#4432608 - 08/02/18 03:02 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Yeah I get the explosive devices, and how the madame in season 1 had hers removed. But she also shut down all the safeguards and restrictions in the park--or someone did, because I recall her saying it wasn't her, so that would imply the robots could possibly freely leave the park. That is, unless the lake was the border of the park and the robots tried to cross, hence dead.

I don't know if it matters. Much like how if it was not the madame, it may have been the government or some other organization paying the company that runs Westworld to finally test their robots true killing capacity to be used as weapons(which would be very unoriginal if so).

I need some characters to care about again.

And the island bit, harder for me to accept when they filmed striking scenery such as the Grand Canyon. We /know/ that's the Grand Canyon, and there's no way anyone could haul that much dirt to a pacific island to make a mock one, not if the world is still using trains. I hate this. I shouldn't be picking the show apart, and wouldn't be, if I cared about characters.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 08/02/18 03:05 PM.
#4439149 - 09/15/18 07:37 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I gave up on the samurai episode, done with the series. The writers fell off a cliff into a marshmallow swamp and never came back.

#4439287 - 09/16/18 10:55 PM Re: Westworld [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I’m sorry to hear that Blastman but at least you stuck with the show and gave it a chance for a while before you made your decision.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.