Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4437607 - 09/07/18 03:20 AM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Thanks Canuck also spotted the full list by Stache on a different thread. Re-flew the Hurricane using F-5 and F-3 for flight shots looks much better and more fluid. Flew the 109 and it looks more to scale and period correct, but found a fence so dont know how it handles in the air.
In any event, I am having fun Thanks again.

#4437655 - 09/07/18 01:38 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
jskibo Offline
jskibo  Offline

Cincinnati
How did I miss this one? smile

Buying it today, rainy weekend here so will have a go.

#4437995 - 09/09/18 08:17 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Space_Ghost]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Well said, CCIP, very well said. I bought the minute I rec'd the email because of what I've seen from OBD over the years. I know danged well I don't even have time to fly, and won't for a while, but I just wanted to give them a shot in the arm. They have a stellar team here, and they deserve support. There's a world of difference between a game and simulator, and these guys get it.

WOFF is hauntingly beautiful; WWII, I expect will have a different feel. But it might be a while before I can figure that out.

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4438054 - 09/10/18 07:11 AM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Space_Ghost]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Originally Posted by Space_Ghost
With only two aircraft, no examples of the campaign UI, no information on HA's being included, an unrepresentative gameplay trailer, no concise roadmap on development and what seems to be virtually no content for the Luftwaffe to play against, I've got no idea what to expect and there's just not enough meat on the bones to justify the price right now.

Looking forward to seeing how WoTR develops, though. When things are a bit more fleshed out I'll certainly throw my hat in the ring.

Sorry, but I can only agree with this guy. I have not been following WOTR development so maybe is explained elsewhere, but would have been nice to see a complete feature included, and planned to be included for the same price. Just my two cents, will wait to see how this new game explains itself and how it develops before deciding to buy or not.
Thanks and wish you really good luck with the project.

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
#4438057 - 09/10/18 08:39 AM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
matmilne Offline
matmilne  Offline

UK
thanks stratos. Read the feature list please, a lot is explained and detailed there.

ITunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/matt-milne/1301047345
Spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/4HohtzSKX5P5lz885y3BPu
Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NVS3WBV/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Demo Reel https://soundcloud.com/matt-milne-8/sets/demo-reel-full

Composer - games, films, and tv.
Wings over the Reich, Rise of Flight, Woff, off 2&3, Photokill and Star Trek: Bridge Commander Kobayashimaru
#4438110 - 09/10/18 02:15 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: matmilne]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Originally Posted by matmilne
thanks stratos. Read the feature list please, a lot is explained and detailed there.

That's the main problem, where is that list?

-To the Graveyard!!

#4438112 - 09/10/18 02:18 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Stratos]  
Space_Ghost Offline
Space_Ghost  Offline

Originally Posted by Stratos

Precisely.

#4438113 - 09/10/18 02:47 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Space_Ghost]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Space_Ghost
Originally Posted by Stratos

Precisely.

It's here I believe on the store page. Store page

Hopefully the Devs can put the features in a sticky..and update accordingly in the future.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4438135 - 09/10/18 04:36 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Good idea I'll put it in a sticky.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4438163 - 09/10/18 06:40 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
matmilne Offline
matmilne  Offline

UK
The feature list is clearly on the store page, where you would expect to find it. There are videos, and will be plenty of reviews too.

Last edited by matmilne; 09/10/18 06:51 PM.

Wings over the Reich, Rise of Flight, Woff, off 2&3, Photokill and Star Trek: Bridge Commander Kobayashimaru
#4438258 - 09/11/18 10:33 AM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
Originally Posted by Polovski
Good idea I'll put it in a sticky.

Thanks for the sticky, but I still think you guys provide only the info of what is included, for example, is the price for the Hurri and 109 only, or will the same price include flyable Spitfire and 110? etc. anyway, don't want to start a flame war, will pass on this and get back in few months.

-To the Graveyard!!

#4438262 - 09/11/18 10:47 AM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

We provide only the details of what is included. Isn't that the idea?

The price is for what is listed. If we go any lower there really is no point making sims.

You could try 303 Squadron recently released, You only get to fly the hurricane, no take off, no landing, no detailed cockpits, scripted missions and not a lot of joystick control, but ground crew/squadron interaction may be good and its being added to.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4438268 - 09/11/18 11:30 AM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
matmilne Offline
matmilne  Offline

UK
I would strongly object to a lower price, both from a corporate and personal level, gotta keep the lights on folks. More planes would be great, and of course they will be released in due course, it's just the OBD way. Those who are expecting a steam or console style release, can go play those games, and miss out on the wonderful, satisfying craft of an OBD product.

#4438285 - 09/11/18 12:38 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Guys, I don't think he's asking you to lower the price, believe he's asking about what is likely to be added into phase 1 and will that be included for those who buy phase 1 now. So when the BoB spitfire variants are added into the game, will they be included with his original purchase (as a free download) or will he have to buy those additionally at that time...

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4438290 - 09/11/18 12:59 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks Rick. I understand what he said. As I say the features there are what is in it. That's what you get.
The amount of work to make 1 flyable detailed cockpit is too much to give it away in an update.We will certainly have to stop doing it if we make major content like that and add it with no more sales support for it. The only way to do that would be some kind of yearly subscription service like most companies seem to do these days.

We hope, as we have done with WOFF, that we will do updates that fix bugs, and sometimes also add features or options from time to time if support is there.

Last edited by Polovski; 09/11/18 01:05 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4438307 - 09/11/18 02:12 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

So, if I'm following, the plan is to charge for additional flyable planes, is that correct?

If so, what is the planned cost? Certainly if the plan has been to charge for additional planes, then there would already be some decision (or at least a ballpark) concerning the plane costs.

#4438308 - 09/11/18 02:20 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Just guessing that it maybe similar to WOFF releases according to theme with similar price model..

eg Fokker Scourge, Balance of Power, Skin pack, etc...

#4438315 - 09/11/18 02:39 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: OldHat]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Originally Posted by OldHat
Just guessing that it maybe similar to WOFF releases according to theme with similar price model..

eg Fokker Scourge, Balance of Power, Skin pack, etc...

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

In any event, it would seem fair and reasonable to want some idea of the plan/pricing going forward, which is what I believe was being asked above. We can all speculate and/or take guesses/ask a lot of questions which may or may not be correct, but it would be much less difficult to have the information from the source.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 09/11/18 02:42 PM.
#4438325 - 09/11/18 03:23 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Polovski]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

My 2p,s worth..People asking about other aircraft or looking to buy when it's more fleshed out. Guys there WONT be other features IF phase 1 doesn't sell it won't get fleshed out either without revenue coming in. Would any development team carry on with their product if it wasn't selling?
Would 1cs be able to produce BOM,BOK etc if BOS sold poorly? I wouldn't have thought so.

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time spent by Winder,Pol and Matt (his musical score) already on this sim and one thing you get with these guys is..love. They love their products ,their support is phenomenal they go the extra mile to help. They patch (if required) often ,I've been a customer from OFF p3 so I know what these guys are about. They'll work tirelessly around the clock to make their sim "better" honestly they are probably the best Devs (along with LGM) that I've ever seen.

I purchased a couple of pizzas and some wedges chicken strips etc last Tuesday for me the missus and the teenage kids..it cost £26. It's only cost a few more quid for this sim. Madness when I think about it.

I'm certainly not here to tell people you " should " purchase,that's entirely their call,is the sim perfect? No not yet,IMO am I having a blast? Absolutely I am,is the Ai possibly even in this early stage the best I've seen in a sim god yeah it's incredible. That alone Personnally is worth at least most of the asking price ,add in the flyable craft the music,the campaign system and its a no brainier for me..I've payed way more than this for AAA titles only to end up disappointed,either with none existent gameplay or really poor Ai ( that really ranks with me)

Flight sims (good ones) are such a niche product. Most of us have been crying out for a new SP WW2 flight sim with excellent Ai and a excellent campaign system,well we've got one,one that knowing OBD will get better and better but ..only with support. No support No extra phases. And it'd be such a bloody shame if this series couldn't go on to become THE pivotal WW2 SP sim

Anyway like I said all that's just my opinion,somethings only worth what you as a individual are willing to pay for. The current price of $34.99 or bout £28 over here in Blighty is cheaper than a meal out.

Regards Adger

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4438335 - 09/11/18 03:56 PM Re: Wings Over The Reich Now Released! [Re: Adger]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted by Adger
My 2p,s worth..People asking about other aircraft or looking to buy when it's more fleshed out. Guys there WONT be other features IF phase 1 doesn't sell it won't get fleshed out either without revenue coming in. Would any development team carry on with their product if it wasn't selling?
Would 1cs be able to produce BOM,BOK etc if BOS sold poorly? I wouldn't have thought so.

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time spent by Winder,Pol and Matt (his musical score) already on this sim and one thing you get with these guys is..love. They love their products ,their support is phenomenal they go the extra mile to help. They patch (if required) often ,I've been a customer from OFF p3 so I know what these guys are about. They'll work tirelessly around the clock to make their sim "better" honestly they are probably the best Devs (along with LGM) that I've ever seen.

I purchased a couple of pizzas and some wedges chicken strips etc last Tuesday for me the missus and the teenage kids..it cost £26. It's only cost a few more quid for this sim. Madness when I think about it.

I'm certainly not here to tell people you " should " purchase,that's entirely their call,is the sim perfect? No not yet,IMO am I having a blast? Absolutely I am,is the Ai possibly even in this early stage the best I've seen in a sim god yeah it's incredible. That alone Personnally is worth at least most of the asking price ,add in the flyable craft the music,the campaign system and its a no brainier for me..I've payed way more than this for AAA titles only to end up disappointed,either with none existent gameplay or really poor Ai ( that really ranks with me)

Flight sims (good ones) are such a niche product. Most of us have been crying out for a new SP WW2 flight sim with excellent Ai and a excellent campaign system,well we've got one,one that knowing OBD will get better and better but ..only with support. No support No extra phases. And it'd be such a bloody shame if this series couldn't go on to become THE pivotal WW2 SP sim

Anyway like I said all that's just my opinion,somethings only worth what you as a individual are willing to pay for. The current price of $34.99 or bout £28 over here in Blighty is cheaper than a meal out.

Regards Adger

Amen Brother!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.