Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4433377 - 08/07/18 05:59 AM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by LOF_Rugg
But it was a friend of mine who IS a fighter pilot who was going to give them the info. Legally of course.

Your story would be a lot easier to believe if ED didn't have access to fighter pilots already, none of whom are willing or able (by law) to disclose any information about missile performance. Even if that were not the case, they'd need highly detailed wind tunnel test data for the missiles and it is doubtful that a pilot would have access to that.

Let's presume for a moment that your story is not baloney, in that case it is 100% certain that ED kept your friend out of jail.

Last edited by Sobek; 08/07/18 03:46 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4433430 - 08/07/18 02:10 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Sobek]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Originally Posted by Sobek
But it was a friend of mine who IS a fighter pilot who was going to give them the info. Legally of course.

Your story would be a lot easier to belive if ED didn't have access to fighter pilots already, none of whom are willing or able (by law) to disclose any information about missile performance. Even if that were not the case, they'd need highly detailed wind tunnel test data for the missiles and it is doubtful that a pilot would have access to that.

Let's presume for a moment that your story is not baloney, in that case it is 100% certain that ED kept your friend out of jail.

Typical armchair quarterbacking from you, Sobek. You don't know the details nor will I disclose any. Everything would have been as legal as it is when ED gets other types of info about the aircraft. As for your belief or not in what I say, your opinion is irrelevant. Every post in these forums from you makes excuses for ED and why every one of the rest of us are wrong about everything we type. But thanks for calling me a liar. I'd call you something else but at the juncture I expect an apology from you. Personal attacks aren't allowed here, remember?

#4433436 - 08/07/18 03:33 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

But thanks for calling me a liar.

I didn't call you anything, i'm just saying that your story is extremely unlikely to be true. You're only a liar if you tell the untruth on purpose. You may very well believe that the story is true, in which case you wouldn't be a liar.

Just don't expect me to believe this unlikely story of yours when you can't provide an inch of proof. You're free to believe whatever you whish.

Last edited by Sobek; 08/07/18 03:57 PM.
#4433452 - 08/07/18 05:01 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Sobek]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
You're not calling him a liar?

Let's presume for a moment that your story is not baloney

We all know you claim to know all about ED's inner workings and rush to their defense because you "know stuff" without offering in depth details on many occasions over the years. You don't know who Rugg is or who his contacts are...so maybe you should operate on the basis that you don't know enough to start smearing.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4433454 - 08/07/18 05:18 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: LOF_Rugg]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
As for your belief or not in what I say, your opinion is irrelevant.

Ya I did not believe your statement either but I smelt a trap smile

Plus it's irrelevant to me

#4433468 - 08/07/18 07:44 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: bisher]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by Force10
We all know you claim to know all about ED's inner workings and rush to their defense because you "know stuff" without offering in depth details on many occasions over the years.

That's a strawman argument if there ever was one. I claimed no such thing. I only call BS on things that make no sense.

Example: If you tell me the earth is flat, I'm going to demand proof or i reserve the right to call your claim BS. Appealing to authority instead of actual facts adds insult to injury.

Anyway,

Originally Posted by bisher

I couldn't have put it better, this is pointless.

#4433472 - 08/07/18 08:01 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: bisher]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Ya I did not believe your statement either but I smelt a trap smile

It's cool. You exist here merely to argue, judging by most of your posts. I apologize for upsetting those of you who don't believe what I said. I retract the statement and will not participate further in this discussion. Because it's either that or get a vacation for calling both of you out for who and what you are. HAND.

#4433477 - 08/07/18 08:43 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
So Rugg you have read most of my 12,300 posts

Now I'm worried wink

But you were not discussing anything Rugg, you claim to know a pilot but would not give any more details. How is this a discussion?

#4433478 - 08/07/18 08:43 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Sobek]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

That's a strawman argument if there ever was one. I claimed no such thing. I only call BS on things that make no sense.

Example: If you tell me the earth is flat, I'm going to demand proof or i reserve the right to call your claim BS. Appealing to authority instead of actual facts adds insult to injury.

So...you think it's a stretch to think that many of us that have been combat flight sim enthusiasts for the last couple decades might have relatives, friends, contacts etc. that are combat pilots in the military?

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4433479 - 08/07/18 08:47 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Sobek]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I only call BS on things that make no sense.

Me too, which is why almost anything that ED says, releases or makes excuses for is met with the same sort of reply...........

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4433488 - 08/07/18 09:56 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
Anklebiter Offline
Anklebiter  Offline

I am so happy that I just got back into flight simming, and DCS now! Reading between the lines, it seems folks have become frustrated with their slow pace of development. For me though, it's all new! So far I've gotten:

DCS 2.5 (Caucus map)
Viggen
A-10C
Hornet
F-5
Persian Gulf Map.

I don't know what all people are on about, but I've been really really impressed with the quality of all of these!! I am also quite happy with the pace of Hornet development. Easily five years worth of entertainment here, especially since I'm a programmer and enjoy tinkering with the Mission Builder and Moose. I pray that after those 5 years I haven't become embittered like what I see on this site, but we will see.

Until then, I will be the token sweet summer child of the forum. Hornet is fantastic. It is so damn fun to fly. The maps are amazing. The cockpit is amazing. Graphics are amazing. VR is amazing. I get decent frames from a GTX 970.

I believe that fast jet sims are in a renaissance period and DCS is leading the charge.

I'm looking really really closely at Normandy and Spitfire because I want to create a "Time Pilot" campaign. Hornets and Warthogs blowing the hell out of Nazi's. TOTALLY REALISTIC!!!

#4433490 - 08/07/18 10:59 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
lol Slappy 'token sweet summer child of the forum' that's good

Love the Hornets and Warthogs vs Nazi scenario idea

And back on topic

As Pink Floyd says, I'm Learning to Fly..............

Favorite part of start up, cranking the engines.Hearing the engine spool (?) by a simple toggle of a switch is very satisfying. Twice!

[Linked Image]

Ready for take off, just waiting for my mates. You can see the master caution light is on, I don't think I completed my moveable parts(FCS) check properly. My right MFD is not being utilized. I may have had a few beer preflight

[Linked Image]

#4433534 - 08/08/18 03:37 AM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Still waiting. And pushing buttons

[Linked Image]

My wingy unfolding his wings. He's 011 and I'm 010. Need to look into why my wings are unfolded, perhaps a ME tweak?

[Linked Image]

#4433602 - 08/08/18 03:38 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Force10]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland

So...you think it's a stretch to think that many of us that have been combat flight sim enthusiasts for the last couple decades might have relatives, friends, contacts etc. that are combat pilots in the military?

Oh, c'mon, don't start stretching yourself. Nobody argues that, at least I didn't get such an impression. Plenty of active or retired military pilots and technicians around sim forums or sim players. They obviously have or had access to some weapon documentation as part of their job. However, the notion that Rugg's friend has authority to easily and legally distribute more detailed data, which Ed cannot obtain otherwise, taken at face value, is as plausible as Sobek's "knowledge" about how ED works inside. A classic d..ck waving contest at its best.

Sure, the friend might have provided some papers, but how useful would they be for programing purpose is anyone's guess.

#4433625 - 08/08/18 07:31 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
post moved to the correct thread.

Last edited by Tom_Weiss; 08/08/18 08:03 PM.
#4433703 - 08/09/18 01:44 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: bisher]  
Brun Offline
Brun  Offline

London Town
My wingy unfolding his wings. He's 011 and I'm 010. Need to look into why my wings are unfolded, perhaps a ME tweak?

I think the question should be why your wingman's wings were folded. Wouldn't be the case on an airfield as far as I'm aware.

#4433737 - 08/09/18 05:10 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Good point Brun, however for this flight we were all in training and drinking beer.

#4433801 - 08/10/18 04:13 AM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Anklebiter]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
That's me in the background on take off. Sitting in active pause, pushing buttons as my wing man streams past

[Linked Image]

#4433939 - 08/11/18 01:27 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Force10]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
You're not calling him a liar?

Let's presume for a moment that your story is not baloney

We all know you claim to know all about ED's inner workings and rush to their defense because you "know stuff" without offering in depth details on many occasions over the years. You don't know who Rugg is or who his contacts are...so maybe you should operate on the basis that you don't know enough to start smearing.

Best we eat some of that bacon old mate newbie carped on from the OP. wouldn't want to rock the ED boat, especially with the "professional ED critic" comment which I admit is aimed entirely at the "professional scapegoat"

Mind you, the scapegoat who claims is no longer affiliated with ED whilst being a former moderator who could not moderate with out his personal views and thoughts on members in other forums getting in the way of the forum rules, whilst he bent the ED forum rules to suit...
As did his sidekick Skate who doesn't show his face around these parts. Not since the 1.13 was removed and they both no longer had legs to stand on.

Sobek is still more than happy to be the "eyes and ears" to those over at ED. scapegoat indeed.

#4433940 - 08/11/18 01:43 PM Re: Hornet Take Two [Re: Paradaz]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Paradaz
I only call BS on things that make no sense.

Me too, which is why almost anything that ED says, releases or makes excuses for is met with the same sort of reply..........

I was calling BS on every post Sobek made at ED or anywhere else for that matter. Even with the moderator tag he once held.

I have recalled numerous times here in the past about putting Sobek forth as a community manager, that only got me an extended ban which in fact proves the point that
not even the head honchos at ED would accept Sobek back in any position of power......even senior member is out of reach.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.