Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
#4430756 - 07/17/18 04:37 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

We don't know each other, but I feel for you and your family. My wife lost her dad to cancer a year ago this month, and I watched him waste away. Cancer is a #%&*$# of a thing. Best wishes to you and your family.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4430763 - 07/17/18 05:06 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Take what positive info you can and hold onto it with both hands! Far more than halfway to where you want to be. Over a 70% drop? That's awesome!
I'm sorry about the pain part for sure, but just as you're looking back on it from the first round, before long you'll be looking back on it from the next.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4430764 - 07/17/18 05:13 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Stratos Offline
Hotshot
Stratos  Offline
Hotshot

Amposta, Spain
You will be in my toughts! Stay strong and keep your faith!

-Sir in case of retreat, were we have to retreat??
-To the Graveyard!!

sandbagger.uk.com/stratos.html
#4430845 - 07/18/18 01:13 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Don, Scripture tells us what to do to make us well.
Add verse, James 5:15 to this and you have explicit instructions on how to receive what you are asking for.

[Linked Image]
James 5:15 "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven."

This is The Lord's response to your Faith and Obedience to His instructions.
[Linked Image]

And this is The Lord's Guarantee of His Faithfulness to you that He will take care of you always.
[Linked Image]

Be Blessed Don and be Courageous in your Faith in Him! He can do what He says He can do.
Jesus said it many times,
Luke 17:19 And he said to him, “Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well.”
Matthew 9:22 Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.
Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, o great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

IHL, Drew

Attached Files 44599-is anyone of you sick.jpg44963-restore-health.png.jpg44602-do not fear.jpg
Last edited by Blade_Meister; 07/18/18 01:33 AM.
#4430854 - 07/18/18 02:43 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
As someone who has gone through this, I'm feeling for you. Chemo is tough. I have a fake front tooth (They did a great job, you'd never know) because I collapsed right on my face one day. But, I made it. I survived. Hell..I thrived! That was in 2002. I now have an 11 year old daughter. That wasn't supposed to be able to happen. You know what we named her? Faith.
I never let it get to me. Don't you let it either!! You can make it. Plenty of us have. You'll be one of them.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4430857 - 07/18/18 02:52 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Love it! We have done that constantly. Many of these verses are also part of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, (especially James 5:14-15) which I've had several times so far (I've had it privately and at Mass and it's weird being the youngest guy/gal up there by a good 35 years!!!

I am very confident and 100% faithful that if it is His will, I will be healed. If it is His will, instead of months or however long, I will get a miracle of years or decades. A thing I do (He knows my heart and mind and that my faith is 100% true anyway) but when I pray at night, in the dark, usually before anyone is in the bedroom with me yet, is for a certain part of the prayer, sandwiched in between a basic "Father, if You are willing, take this cup from me; but not my will, but Yours, be done" is I remember when Jesus was going to heal the dying boy, and a crowd was slowing his travel, and a woman touched His clothing, and was healed. Everyone was pressing against Him, and He asked his disciples something like, "Who is it that just touched my clothes." They of course say something like "Lord, everyone is touching your clothes, we can barely proceed!" Well, Jesus turned to the woman and told her she was healed by her faith. I hold my hands in the air, reaching as I lie with the pump attached, or on my knees in the bathroom with the door closed, and literally reach for his cloak. It may sound odd, but it is so beautiful and even though I know He knows my faith, I want to show Him in as many ways as possible.

God be with all of you. I am so happy I wrote this thread here. You all are such a blessing to me. I always thought I was a grateful person before....but as human, we are prideful by nature and weak at the same time (they're both the same if you think about it). As an example of my pridefulness, I used to pray for God to use me as His martyr. I of course envisioned some sort of John the Baptist, St. Paul or Joan of Arc blaze of glory. So utterly prideful and vain. Honestly I was so ashamed of this when I confessed it but I know I am forgiven. I am so much better a person now than two months ago, and I think it's like a big circle because I feel like my whole community and thousands of people are drawn closer by this. I, and we, are truly blessed.

Thank you!!!!! I will faithfully continue to pray for all of you daily, multiple times a day. May you all be strengthened with the promise as indicated in Isaiah 41:10 you put up above. I know I am and it's utterly beautiful. You are all utterly beautiful.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
on your own intelligence do not rely;
In all your ways be mindful of him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Don

P.S.: Our youngest (10) is named Grace (we had three miscarriages before her) It is indescribable.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 07/18/18 02:55 AM. Reason: try to make sure grammar and capitalization of His name correct, despite chemo brain

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4430862 - 07/18/18 03:49 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

My thoughts are for U and Yours on this day.

#4430867 - 07/18/18 04:18 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
A man of Great Faith, God can use, but a man of Great Faith and Complete Surrender, God will use.

"I am very confident and 100% faithful that if it is His will, I will be healed. If it is His will, instead of months or however long, I will get a miracle of years or decades.
^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^^^^^^
At times like this, as you are describing above, for me at least, I listen very closely to my Heart because God seems to always call me to be obedient to what He is desiring me to do. I always know it is Him who is calling me to listen and be obedient when I can hear, feel and see it in my heart. Don, in Jeremia 29:11 it says He has plans "to give you a future and a hope". That Future and that Hope include Serving Him in those years or decades he is preparing for you. The question is, for me at least, will I answer His call. Again, I don't think I am "all that and a bag of chips", but you are in a very close and surrendered point in your life, wholly dependent on God, and every time in the Bible and through my experiences regarding myself and many friends who have been in that position, God ALWAYS uses that person to do something. It is how Ministries are born, how others are encouraged, how the Love of God is shared with those in need. Keep the Eyes and Ears of your Heart open and attentive as God is revealing that Future and that Hope and as He is showing you what He wants done with it. I just know that I am to share this with you, not that I am anything.

Be Blessed
IHL Drew

P.s. It sounds like Grace is a Blessing that shows God's Goodness even when all seems to be lost and hopeless. It is funny sometimes how many Miracles we have in our life and yet we still struggle to understand Him and how much He Loves us. The good thing is, It Will All Be Clear One Day!

Last edited by Blade_Meister; 07/18/18 04:24 AM.
#4431392 - 07/22/18 03:51 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Good Sunday morning, all. I'll be brief because i'm headed to Mass here in about ten minutes.

Today I'm starting to feel much better after this week's chemo. It was a rough cycle with the added bone stuff for that part of the metastasis but that's okay. I don't have to like it, but I accept and surrender to it, and God's will. I still really feel like I'm going to get a miracle, as well.

A fun bit of news: I get to throw out the first pitch at the Cardinals at Royals game on 8/10. That's pretty exciting. I've coached and played baseball for a long time, but I'm really nervous about this because the chemo makes my fingers and hands numb, and if you've ever thrown a real pitch, you know that can be a problem. So my plan has gone from zip it in there to "just get it there with a modicum of speed and control." Ha. We shall see how it goes.

That's all that's new for today. I already prayed for y'all twice today, and will do so several times again. I've literally got people all over the world praying for me, submitting petitions for me, and on pilgrimages and it is such a powerful thing. Thank you all from the depths of my soul. It is everything.

Have a great weekend again everyone. Know again how much I appreciate you all and your prayers!!!

Don (and Laura, Emily, Jack and Grace)

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4431779 - 07/25/18 09:56 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
coasty Offline
coasty  Offline

Asheville, NC, USA
Don, your strength is helping me in my situation with Parkinson's disease. Praying for all who suffer.
Rick

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
#4431792 - 07/25/18 11:26 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Go Brother Don, Go!

While certainly not some thing you would do, the first time I walked into my radiation oncology center I looked around at all the subdued people and said "Screw Cancer, I am going to win!"

So far I have...

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4432445 - 08/01/18 03:07 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Good evening all. A quick update:

Chemo today. Pump is in and annoying as heck. But I'm super happy and it's because I am BLESSED!!!!!! Seriously.

I just sent out a mass text to folks and here it is, relating to CEA blood levels (2.5 or less is good, over is indicator for metastasis):

So, while >2.5 is still positive for metastasized cancer, remember the CEA count on 5/24 was 141.4. On 7/3 it was 42.3. Today, 7/31, it is 13.4. The doctor wrote in my chart that “CEA is dramatically improved. This goes along with your clinical improvement.”

I really think I’m getting a miracle or hundreds of them. Keep praying. We are so very blessed.

Love you Christian brothers and sisters! I will go to Anointing of the Sick again this Saturday upcoming.

If you have any special intentions, let me know. I have a LOT of time on my hands. I pray so much each day, and as I've said pray for you all first thing every day and often multiple times a day. So adding a special intention is easy and welcome.

Love to all,

Don

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

16 Rejoice always. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

#4432448 - 08/01/18 03:26 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
Great news Airdrop01 !!! Yep that pump is tough. I was sparred that (I did pills and once a week in the chair for infusion). My nephew is on the pump now. He says you get used to it. I wish you continued success and strength.

#4432470 - 08/01/18 01:05 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
That's great! How often are you getting the chemo?

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#4432474 - 08/01/18 01:11 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for the wonderful update Airdrop. There is always hope and it's worth holding onto.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4432487 - 08/01/18 02:55 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: shan2]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted by shan2
That's great! How often are you getting the chemo?

It’s every other week for three days, generally Tuesday -Thursday. I sit in an infusion chair for like 4 hours and then they send me home with a pump o poison for the rest of Tuesday, Wednesday and half of Thursday.

I can hack that and then next few days after pretty well. Prayer and surrender to God’s will and mercy and graces are the key for me.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. My wife and I are getting ready to take a walk. It’s amazing how light physical activity drains my energy but when the hemoglobin, red counts are so low, that is to be expected. Luckily, though my platelet and white counts are low, I’m still allowed to go out and be around folks. We just have to really be mindful of germs, dirty stuff, etc.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 08/01/18 02:58 PM.

#4432491 - 08/01/18 03:06 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Go Don!

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4432509 - 08/01/18 04:49 PM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I second the updates. Please keep them coming, Airdrop.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4432566 - 08/02/18 06:02 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Something told me to log in and check the forums. I kinda was hoping to see a funny thread about Yanet Garcia, but this was infinitely more important. I'll keep you in my prayers about this situation. It makes my struggles look petty. Keep your head up and if the Lord does call you home, I'll see you in Valhalla, brother.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est
#4432587 - 08/02/18 11:08 AM Re: News and Prayers Needed [Re: Airdrop01]  
shan2 Offline
Veteran
shan2  Offline
Veteran

Maryland, USA
That's normal with chemo, Airdrop. There are options for increasing your red blood cell and platelet counts, but they entail risk. And if you are ambulatory, they probably won't bother with a transfusion.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.