Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4429414 - 07/08/18 04:24 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
Jetronic Offline
Jetronic  Offline

Bommer & xii, if you two want to echo chamber circlejerk, h*ggit is over there------->

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4429415 - 07/08/18 04:29 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: XIII]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by XIII

Originally Posted by Boomer
Omg, what a useless thread, can't believe it's still blathering on.

sad but true. the most trash section on SimHQ.it has nothing to do with the freedom of speech.some people pour out their private frustrations here.and moderation allows it frown

And your sentence differs from those comments.. how exactly? I don't see much difference, other than the sentence and the negativity in it is directed towards other posters.

Last edited by IceecI; 07/08/18 04:29 PM.

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4429416 - 07/08/18 04:30 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: XIII]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

nothing to do with the freedom of speech

What's that got to do with an internet forum?
Have you ever checked up on the definition of "freedom of speech"?
Do you get hurt inside when people voice opinions you do not like?

#4429417 - 07/08/18 04:33 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
XIII Offline
XIII  Offline

your comments have nothing to do with criticism. it's pure hatred.think about your life.because something really is wrong with him.
I'm going , I do not want to stick to #%&*$#.
btw yes I also hate dcs, but this is not my idea of life.

#4429423 - 07/08/18 04:46 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
XIII Offline
XIII  Offline

theOden you and ice got a ban on bms for hating dcs.and here any discussion ends, it's a waste of words.

#4429435 - 07/08/18 05:06 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: XIII]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
your comments have nothing to do with criticism. it's pure hatred.think about your life.

Sorry but that statement is quite Stupid. I myself don't hate DCS, but I am angry at some of the incompetent decisions and priorities they have. 4K Cows and trains, really? Come on, there are so many things to fix in DCS besides these two items. The funniest thing to me is, when the pilot is walking through the field the immersive cows swish their tails, lift their heads, but the can't walk or move? Maybe the immersive part is that that makes cow tipping much easier and no longer only a nighttime activity? One other serious gripe I have. It now takes up to 10 minutes to load a quick scenario DCS supplied mission if one doesn't have an SSD. To the OT, the deliberate mislead, 8GB for minimum specs and the later statements of actually needing 16GBs and 32GBs for heavy missions and MP. They knew this from before 2.5 release and deliberately held out on making this Public for as long as they could to soften the potential outrage of its customers. At least that is IMHO how I see it unfolding.

S!Blade<><

PS: Tom Weiss, I see there is a flaw in the cow template.(pic 1) Could you please build a new one.(pic 2) This is killing the immersion for me. Thanks in advance. thumbsup

Attached Files C-poor2.JPGC-aged & calf2.JPG
#4429436 - 07/08/18 05:08 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
your comments have nothing to do with criticism. it's pure hatred.think about your life.

Sorry but that statement is quite Stupid. I myself don't hate DCS, but I am angry at some of the incompetent decisions and priorities they have. 4K Cows and trains, really? Come on, there are so many things to fix in DCS besides these two items. The funniest thing to me is, when the pilot is walking through the field the immersive cows swish their tails, lift their heads, but the can't walk or move? Maybe the immersive part is that that makes cow tipping much easier and no longer only a nighttime activity? One other serious gripe I have. It now takes up to 10 minutes to load a quick scenario DCS supplied mission if one doesn't have an SSD. To the OT, the deliberate mislead, 8GB for minimum specs and the later statements of actually needing 16GBs and 32GBs for heavy missions and MP. They knew this from before 2.5 release and deliberately held out on making this Public for as long as they could to soften the potential outrage of its customers. At least that is IMHO how I see it unfolding.

S!Blade<><

PS: Tom Weiss, I see there is a flaw in the cow template.(pic 1) Could you please build a new one.(pic 2) This is killing the immersion for me. Thanks in advance. thumbsup

Sweet cows biggrin

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
#4429560 - 07/09/18 01:15 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: XIII]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

theOden you and ice got a ban on bms for hating dcs.and here any discussion ends, it's a waste of words.

Nope, I got canned for calling out a mod's immensly weak behaviour.
I totally see his need to ban me for that, internetspowers adds alot to some folks life.

And no #2, I do not hate DCS but I find it a very weak simulator - but it sure is a very well made cockpit simulator.

#4429565 - 07/09/18 02:00 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun

biggrin

#4429566 - 07/09/18 02:07 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: theOden]  
nadal Offline
nadal  Offline

Originally Posted by theOden

And no #2, I do not hate DCS but I find it a very weak simulator -

it really depends on what you expect from it.

GCI play following AFTTP, DCS is must.

#4429581 - 07/09/18 03:46 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

As a mudmover I am not looking for GCI smile

I think we're getting a little off topic here but, why is DCS a must for Air Force Tac/tech/procs?
I can see intercept routines in IL2 Dover screeching through the air in an hungry Spitfire could fall off the mark but if Jet Fighters is mandatory it seems to me you guys choice of DCS is due to lack of alternatives (BMS should be fine though or why is that sim out of the question?)

Isn't this gameplay you guys do based on your efforts more than DCS?

(Maybe we should open a new thread discussing what one can and cannot do in DCS and some good gameplay suggestions? smile )

#4429589 - 07/09/18 04:18 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: XIII]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

sad but true. the most trash section on SimHQ.it has nothing to do with the freedom of speech.some people pour out their private frustrations here.and moderation allows it frown

Yep...we allow frustrations about ED to be freely expressed here since there are limitations on how you can express them at the many other developer controlled forums. One thing we don't put up with however...is using SimHQ's free service to bash the site.
See ya in a couple weeks.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4429839 - 07/11/18 07:27 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

so here we have another example about how the proximity fuze is completely useless in DCS

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/7HvRcVmeMy8?t=6m23s[/video]

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 07/11/18 07:28 AM.
#4429874 - 07/11/18 01:32 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Wow, that's two examples

But ya smile

#4429914 - 07/11/18 07:20 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Force10]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Force10

Yep...we allow frustrations about ED to be freely expressed here since there are limitations on how you can express them at the many other developer controlled forums. One thing we don't put up with however...is using SimHQ's free service to bash the site.

knockitoff hahaha hahaha
LMAO! I love the smugness of the Admins here. Bet ya didn't see that coming. Seriously, I really appreciate the even handedness of the Admins on SimHQ. Not kissing up, as for the record, I have had a few vacations. yep

S!Blade<><

#4429935 - 07/11/18 10:05 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
mdwa Offline
mdwa  Offline

Way over in Perth, Western Aus...
Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx
so here we have another example about how the proximity fuze is completely useless in DCS

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/7HvRcVmeMy8?t=6m23s[/video]

dance
Pretty funny video...

mdwa
#4429937 - 07/11/18 10:16 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
Faulkner Offline
Faulkner  Offline

I agree this thread is boring and protracted, and seems to have no real purpose, a filler thread, innundated with drivel, i.e. useless, whoever previously said that. Posted by XIII, the comments have nothing to do with criticism, it's pure hatred about your life. What does that mean. It's all about criticism, mostly valid. I think it's this kind of ED inspired culture, cultivating blind allegiance within a large number, that is aimless, very detracting and ultimately counter productive, such as giving cows instead of improvements or new additions to existing aircraft. There are simple typos in the manual that haven't been corrected since lomac was released. Also, this community, or more so this developer, does not spend that time rather or to produce in depth training missions which is very unusual, to utilize the systems. Most of it is assorted tips that are scattered everywhere, that are disconnected, or I just don't have time now to get into it because I'm an extreme expert on the subject, posting videos about things everybody knows, except for the German guys and some BMS postings. Need someone to translate German. Or scattered tips if you're in a virtual squadron, hint: you're not a real pilot. It can't just be "Stay focused, keep your head in the game, don't get discouraged, keep your chin up, and practice, practice, practice, or discussing the scenery, there's Sally corridor or there's Rachel farms", I don't care about Rachel farms.That's a reason I have serious disagreements with posters that constantly praise ED, how they view this sim, and despite the expenditure how this sim is presented. That's the idea of education, so you build upon something already discovered, you don't have to develop Maxwell's equations over again, make them up yourself or wing it. Most of the "training" missions are "It's Showtime, and we're keeping score". I don't know what that means, I can do that myself in the mission editor, would much prefer to have the time spent developing exercises that actually explain ACM for example. That's the difficult work.

#4430798 - 07/17/18 08:43 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
Anklebiter Offline
Anklebiter  Offline

For those of you on the fence buying Hornet early release after reading the fair and objective criticism in this enlightened thread, I would say go for it, especially if you have an Oculus.

In my opinion, in it's current unfinished state, this module is a masterpiece. It will only get better. This week they will be adding ILS and NVG's.

#4430985 - 07/19/18 09:56 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Anklebiter]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Anklebiter
In my opinion, in it's current unfinished state, this module is a masterpiece. It will only get better. This week they will be adding ILS and NVG's.

6 months of testing and only now have implemented NVG's? seems like another 5 years before the aircraft leaves 'Beta' state at this rate of common system implementation......

#4430986 - 07/19/18 09:58 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Force10

knockitoff hahaha hahaha
LMAO! I love the smugness of the Admins here. Bet ya didn't see that coming. Seriously, I really appreciate the even handedness of the Admins on SimHQ. Not kissing up, as for the record, I have had a few vacations. yep

S!Blade<><

well deserved vacations?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.