Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#44288 - 07/04/00 06:42 PM Two vs Many and mutual support in sims, especially Falcon4  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

[This topic was suggested by someone else on another forum and I pointed them to Andy's related articles here at SimHQ. I also thought this might be an interesting topic for Andy to discuss in more depth. Maybe even the next article? So here it is!]

I know there are some good books that may somewhat address this topic in the 'real' world (Shaw to name one, perhaps there are others?), but has anyone compiled anything like this for simulations? Or perhaps more specifically, for Falcon 4.0?

The nuances involving simulation views and SA add unique difficulties to developing good mutual support tactics offline with AI wingmen and especially in online multiplayer with real human wingmen.

Would be interested in any discussions on this subject if anyone knows of any.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#44289 - 07/04/00 10:52 PM Re: Two vs Many and mutual support in sims, especially Falcon4  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Birdman

The fourth part to the BnZ series is well underway and should cover some of these areas.

Part Four will describe a 2v1 HnC situation...but I have included much background material on formations, tactics, mutual support responsibilities...and I try to pass this along in a form that relates as much as possible to what we can do in our sims.

As far as multi-bogey goes, the rules, procedures, and techniques are pretty basic...multi-bogey is by its nature unpredictable...because of this, few standards have been developed.

Perhaps I can tackle this subject in a later article...but it will be relatively short and sweet. In a nutshell, here's the rule: Keep all the bad guys off to one side...and Speed Is Life. Fire at Rmax and let God sort it out.

Andy

#44290 - 07/05/00 12:16 AM Re: Two vs Many and mutual support in sims, especially Falcon4  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The nutshell rules are useful (pretty short and sweet common sense!) but I'll bet some elaboration would still be of great value. For instance in the engaged fighter and supporting fighter contract, how could you use Falcon4 views to maintain SA and effectively follow the contract, especially as the supporting fighter? In Falcon4, there is no plane to wingman view, and many online pilots insist on no external views since they consider them cheats. [Linked Image] (BTW, the Wolf20 series of stories are great!)

I'll definitely keep an eye out for these topics in your next BnZ article too.

Moderated by  Andy Bush, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.