Ah yes, the GAU-8 braking mechanism!! biggrin

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4426488 - 06/17/18 08:13 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Originally Posted by Winfield
[quote=Mokkeri][quote=Force10][quote=AggressorBLUE]
I know that according to everyone else here I'm supposed to hate it, and I'm a terrible person for daring to think that graphics are important, daring to enjoy a product that doesn't have every single aspect of the real aircraft functional, and daring to enjoy something ED has made. And I know that by giving ED my money I've clearly perpetuated a cycle of evil that is ruining the very fabric of our lives. And of course the only way for ED to be defeated is for good, morally upstanding people to stop giving them money.

I'll probably be banned for saying all that, because it is the sole purpose of every flight sim ever to only be about #thesystems.

Ask a DCS player what they did and don't accept systems as a thing and often it boils down to "I flew alone, shot something obvious, and landed."

#4427362 - 06/23/18 03:42 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
usafmtl Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon

OH
Ok back from DC, what did I miss?

Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Storage Set 4: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4427457 - 06/24/18 01:49 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Frederf]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Originally Posted by Frederf
Originally Posted by Winfield
[quote=Mokkeri][quote=Force10][quote=AggressorBLUE]
I know that according to everyone else here I'm supposed to hate it, and I'm a terrible person for daring to think that graphics are important, daring to enjoy a product that doesn't have every single aspect of the real aircraft functional, and daring to enjoy something ED has made. And I know that by giving ED my money I've clearly perpetuated a cycle of evil that is ruining the very fabric of our lives. And of course the only way for ED to be defeated is for good, morally upstanding people to stop giving them money.

I'll probably be banned for saying all that, because it is the sole purpose of every flight sim ever to only be about #thesystems.

Ask a DCS player what they did and don't accept systems as a thing and often it boils down to "I flew alone, shot something obvious, and landed."

Maybe in the shallow end of the simming pool with the Air Quakers, but not in my Uber hardcore vfw.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4427458 - 06/24/18 01:51 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Ice, dude, seriously, give up the hate rants and go fly.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4427462 - 06/24/18 02:01 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Boomer]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by Boomer

What makes you think I'm not (virtual) flying? smile

Now did you have a counter-point to bring forward or were you just posting to make a personal attack? popcorn

- Ice
#4427517 - 06/24/18 01:39 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: - Ice]  
usafmtl Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon

OH
Originally Posted by - Ice

What makes you think I'm not (virtual) flying? smile

Now did you have a counter-point to bring forward or were you just posting to make a personal attack? popcorn

Ice while I totally understand your stance with DCS. There are some who would like to talk about it and not have you show up at times and rail against it. Having read thread after thread after thread I think everyone understands how you feel. It is well in your right to post where you chose and I agree no one should be attacking you but could you do me a favor and calm it down a bit? You do not even own the Hornet and instead of us talking about it we have done everything else but doing that. So with all do respect I would really like to talk to people here about the Hornet without your anti DCS injects.

Digital Storm Lumos
#4427530 - 06/24/18 03:42 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Nothing in your quoted post was anti-DCS. The post I was responding to didn't even have anything to do with DCS or the Hornet. I wonder if you'll admit to your bias or are you still composing your post where you call out Boomer and bisher?

Or are you retracting previous statements?
Originally Posted by usafmtl40
3. Heating discussions are one thing. Pissing contest usually = attacking each other.
4. Different opinions are fine, as I said, attacking the person for their opinion is not.

You like F/A-18, good. You don't like the F/A-18 good. You like the FM good, you don't like the FM, good. See the train of thought here? No opinion is a bad one in my eyes because to each his own. I have been saying over and over again. You trackin' now?

I agree no one should be attacking you but could you do me a favor and calm it down a bit?

I honestly wonder why people feel the need to say "calm down"?? I'm just chilling right here smile

You do not even own the Hornet and instead of us talking about it we have done everything else but doing that. So with all do respect I would really like to talk to people here about the Hornet without your anti DCS injects.

Since when was owning a module a pre-requisite to joining a discussion?

- Ice
#4427533 - 06/24/18 04:08 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: - Ice]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Originally Posted by Ice

You do not even own the Hornet and instead of us talking about it we have done everything else but doing that. So with all do respect I would really like to talk to people here about the Hornet without your anti DCS injects.

it isn't - you can also discuss at length why you don't want to buy it yet - and by doing so, help the developer improve the product so that it might motivate you and others to buy it.

#4427536 - 06/24/18 04:21 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
it isn't - you can also discuss at length why you don't want to buy it yet - and by doing so, help the developer improve the product so that it might motivate you and others to buy it.

I so wish that were the case, Tom! smile I'm sure others wished so too!

- Ice
#4427551 - 06/24/18 06:29 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: - Ice]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss

I so wish that were the case, Tom! smile I'm sure others wished so too!

Sometimes it feels like opinions are being rammed down your throat.

Would the top theory not conflict with nay sayer's directive 5 which states' Ed is incompetent'.

Besides this is inaccurate, if you push your message too hard (some would say Ice does) you turn people off and they will 'go to the other side'.

Again, some take issue with the tone of posts and the weariness of hearing the same thing over and over. And over

IMO smile

#4427555 - 06/24/18 06:44 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: - Ice]  
usafmtl Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon

OH
Nothing in your quoted post was anti-DCS. The post I was responding to didn't even have anything to do with DCS or the Hornet. I wonder if you'll admit to your bias or are you still composing your post where you call out Boomer and bisher?

Or are you retracting previous statements?
3. Heating discussions are one thing. Pissing contest usually = attacking each other.
4. Different opinions are fine, as I said, attacking the person for their opinion is not.

You like F/A-18, good. You don't like the F/A-18 good. You like the FM good, you don't like the FM, good. See the train of thought here? No opinion is a bad one in my eyes because to each his own. I have been saying over and over again. You trackin' now?

I agree no one should be attacking you but could you do me a favor and calm it down a bit?

I honestly wonder why people feel the need to say "calm down"?? I'm just chilling right here smile

I want to talk to people who have it and talk to them on their thoughts, issues they maybe having, etc etc. Since you do not own said module, your opinion is irrelevant in this particular case. If you wish to discuss ED and DCS in any other fashion then I respectfully refer you back to your thread.

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...sleading-potential-customers#Post4424011

Or start a new thread etc. However you wish. But having said that, this thread has become not what I had wanted in the first place. I bid you a good day sir.

Digital Storm Lumos
#4427560 - 06/24/18 07:27 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

I have this module.

I love the Hornet. Waited for this forever.

Last good Hornet sim was Janes F/A 18 circa 2000, the VRS TP Rhino is garbage (not a combat sim).

If you like the Hornet, if you like hardcore, if you like DCSW, GET IT.

IT iS AWESOME.

How awesome?

My online VFW, the 1st, long time Falcon BMS fliers, hardcore serious simmers...have converted to this module, a BIG move for us, and we are no fools.

Buy it and come see us.

https://firstfighterwing.com/

Last edited by Boomer; 06/24/18 07:29 PM.

#4427563 - 06/24/18 07:49 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Hornet looks good and I'm interested to play it but I'll wait until it's done. I'm in no hurry to buy something half baked.

#4427578 - 06/24/18 09:17 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Frederf]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Originally Posted by Frederf
Hornet looks good and I'm interested to play it but I'll wait until it's done. I'm in no hurry to buy something half baked.

Good way to learn the jet a little at a time.

#4427582 - 06/24/18 10:02 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by bisher
Besides this is inaccurate, if you push your message too hard (some would say Ice does) you turn people off and they will 'go to the other side'.
Again, some take issue with the tone of posts and the weariness of hearing the same thing over and over. And over

Who is pushing? People are free not to open threads or skip posts. smile The same things are said over and over and over on both sides. As for the negative aspects, well, they're still broken in those places. I'd understand the complaints if ED fixed things and yet the naysayers still sing the same song, but this would have to start with ED fixing things. It will not happen before then.

I could also say that the Kool-Aid overflows over in the official forums. If you need refreshments, why look at SimHQ when you know you can get all the feel-good and pats-on-the-back over yonder?

I want to talk to people who have it and talk to them on their thoughts, issues they maybe having, etc etc. Since you do not own said module, your opinion is irrelevant in this particular case. If you wish to discuss ED and DCS in any other fashion then I respectfully refer you back to your thread.

So not calling out others, eh? Just me? What happened to your stance on pissing contests? Interesting selective application of your rules on your thread.

I would also like to clarify where I have put forth my opinion on the Hornet last? If you read this thread, there has been discussion re: combat, DC, and other topics to which I've added to the discussion and not to the Hornet per se. I don't see you calling them out either.

Or start a new thread etc. However you wish. But having said that, this thread has become not what I had wanted in the first place. I bid you a good day sir.

I've never understood why some people think they can dictate where other people may post or what they may post about. Have I missed some sort of rule where the thread starter can pick who can reply to his thread and how off-topic things can get? Maybe on other forums but not here on SimHQ, I think. If you wish to have an exclusive discussion, maybe start a PM with a group of like-minded individuals and make joining an invite-only affair. The public discussion boards are just that.... public. Again, if you're uncomfortable with certain issues and facts being brought up, maybe it's best to find a safe space wink One with free refreshments biggrin biggrin biggrin

I do apologize if your thread did not turn out to be the sterile environment you want it to be, but to lay the blame all on me would be dishonest and unfair, plus the fact that the discussions going on grow out organically and don't really follow a set path. If you do want a discussion regarding rainbows and butterflies and the Hornet, why not post in the official forums? You won't find many naysayers there and those that are there take certain steps to make sure the flowers and praise overflow lest the ban hammer falls, so it may be a more suitable environment for your sensibilities.

Good day!

- Ice
#4427583 - 06/24/18 10:09 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Boomer]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

IT iS AWESOME.
How awesome?
My online VFW, the 1st, long time Falcon BMS fliers, hardcore serious simmers...have converted to this module, a BIG move for us, and we are no fools.
Buy it and come see us.

I was surprised that the 1st VFW migrated to the Hornet en-masse so much so that the BMS players had to separate and start a whole new VFW. Back in the day, there was no need for separation between those who flew BMS (or AF) and those who flew A10C so I wonder why the parting of ways?

As for the Hornet being awesome, I have no doubt it will be. It's just not there yet.

Good way to learn the jet a little at a time.

Coming from BMS, you're not starting from square 1 wink I doubt if ED can push out the rest of the features fast enough to keep the Hornet from getting stale? If this was meant to mimic a Hornet driver's transition into the Hornet, how long is that process? 12-18 months for a full time pilot? So let's say 2 years for us hobbyists.... do you think ED can go from now to 80-90% feature complete in 2 years? I sure hope so, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

- Ice
#4427595 - 06/24/18 10:50 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
usafmtl Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon

OH
This is where you are wrong Ice. I asked who had and their thoughts. Good thoughts, bad thoughts.....but as long as they have it I want to talk to them. YOU DON'T HAVE IT...so do me a favor and STFU. There, how is that? That direct enough for you? I don't care about your opinion about the Hornet BECAUSE YOU DON'T OWN IT!!!!!! You're the kind of person who thinks that since this is a public forum you have to inject. Well sometimes you don't.

So do me favor, report me to a moderator for telling you to STFU and have a nice day.

NEXT.....

Anyone having issues with stating this damn thing with split controls? I think I am doing something wrong.

Digital Storm Lumos
#4427597 - 06/24/18 11:13 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Oh my. Whatever happened to the "live and let live" philosophy? I guess you're done being civil?

This is where you are wrong Ice. I asked who had and their thoughts. Good thoughts, bad thoughts.....but as long as they have it I want to talk to them. YOU DON'T HAVE IT...so do me a favor and STFU. There, how is that? That direct enough for you? I don't care about your opinion about the Hornet BECAUSE YOU DON'T OWN IT!!!!!! You're the kind of person who thinks that since this is a public forum you have to inject. Well sometimes you don't.

I don't care whether you care or not. Nowhere in this thread have I claimed to have owned the Hornet and any discussion of the Hornet (if any!) was made under the bigger discussion of ED and DCS. These discussions were participated in by numerous other members and that's who I'm talking to and what I'm talking about. I'm not injecting anything into your Hornet good thoughts/bad thoughts discussion but since the other discussions are occurring in this thread, that's why I'm here. I find it amusing that you claim to be an ex-moderator but you don't seem to grasp this concept.

So do me favor, report me to a moderator for telling you to STFU and have a nice day.

How about you do yourself a favor and follow your own advice that you were so high-horse about earlier in this thread? It seems like it is you who needs to take a chill pill.

- Ice
#4427655 - 06/25/18 08:24 AM Re: Not A Hornet Discussion.... [Re: usafmtl]  
IceecI Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.
IceecI  Offline
1975-1997 R.I.P.

usafmtl40 - You seem so angry, have you tried these?
https://imgur.com/a/JsCLtTs

Give a man fish and he gets food, give a man a fishing rod and he asks for another one.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.