Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4424838 - 06/06/18 09:31 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Jetronic]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted by Jetronic
It's hardly a surprise is it!

ED have been selling unrealized promises for nigh on a decade now.

They just need to continually replenish the supply of gullible fools after they've burnt all the goodwill from the previous lot.

Thats is a pretty accurate assessment

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 06/06/18 09:31 AM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4424841 - 06/06/18 10:21 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: SinCityJet]  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland
Originally Posted by SinCityJet
You are arguing with sock puppets. Today I discovered some of the same folks who backed Kinney (and still defend ED) went to Twitter in 2014. Guess which candidate they've been supporting? Let the Russians do their thing. Mueller is doing his.

Who is Kinney?

& the F-18 module, even with only bare minimum weapons systems working, is still a blast to fly. Easily one of the most enjoyable modules & taking up all my time at the moment - with the potential to be a truly great module if/when it is completed.

Edit : found out who Kinney is - behind the fake/failed DCS f-35 module

Last edited by eonel; 06/06/18 10:24 AM.
#4425572 - 06/11/18 03:08 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: SinCityJet]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by SinCityJet
You are arguing with sock puppets. Today I discovered some of the same folks who backed Kinney (and still defend ED) went to Twitter in 2014. Guess which candidate they've been supporting? Let the Russians do their thing. Mueller is doing his.

There are enough of them on the ED forums. I am happy that SimHQ allows us to set the record straight where and when we can.

Originally Posted by eonel
& the F-18 module, even with only bare minimum weapons systems working, is still a blast to fly. Easily one of the most enjoyable modules & taking up all my time at the moment - with the potential to be a truly great module if/when it is completed.

I'm glad you're enjoying the module but how long can you play with limited A-A modes, gimped A-A missiles, ground rockets, and CCIP dumb bombs before you get tired of it and ED has nothing new to offer you? I do hope that ED can keep pace with those who have bought the module to learn-as-they-go but judging by their track record, they won't be able to do so.

- Ice
#4427027 - 06/21/18 05:27 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Just wanted to share a gif with ICE but its inbox is full so ill post here....

ICE enjoy the ultimate RL combat simulator

[img]https://gfycat.com/AdoredTediousDragon[/img]

#4427031 - 06/21/18 06:16 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Yup! Working as intended! biggrin biggrin

- Ice
#4427092 - 06/22/18 01:36 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
GrimLeo Offline
GrimLeo  Offline

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx

Originally Posted by - Ice

The SA-18 (9K38) has delayed impact, magnetic and grazing fusing. No radar proximity fuse. You could argue the magnetic or grazing fuse (back of missile passed through F-15) should have fired.

#4427144 - 06/22/18 11:43 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: GrimLeo]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by GrimLeo

The SA-18 (9K38) has delayed impact, magnetic and grazing fusing. No radar proximity fuse. You could argue the magnetic or grazing fuse (back of missile passed through F-15) should have fired.

Except that is not a SA-18 (9k38) but a Vikhr (9K121) which DOES have proximity fuze since it is also used for air defense. However we are talking about DCS and proximity fuze is basically non existing.....digital COMBAT SIMULATOR .... biggrin

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 06/22/18 05:38 PM.
#4427153 - 06/22/18 12:53 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

DCS has proximity fuzing. It isn't great but it is definitely there and it is testable (you can change the range etc). The Vikhr has a short proximity fuze, and more to the point - if this was an online engagement then it is easily possible that either the aircraft or missile trajectory is not exact, among other things.

--
44th VFW
#4427214 - 06/22/18 05:01 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: GrayGhost]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by GrimLeo

Expect that is not a SA-18 (9k38) but a Vikhr (9K121) which DOES have proximity fuze since it is also used for air defense. However we are talking about DCS and proximity fuze is basically non existing.....digital COMBAT SIMULATOR .... biggrin

Yeah, I was wondering where the SA-18 comment came from when that is clearly a Vikhr smile Working as intended!! biggrin biggrin

Originally Posted by GrayGhost
DCS has proximity fuzing. It isn't great but it is definitely there and it is testable (you can change the range etc). The Vikhr has a short proximity fuze, and more to the point - if this was an online engagement then it is easily possible that either the aircraft or missile trajectory is not exact, among other things.

So we're blaming online "inaccuracies" now?

What do you think, GG? Is that close enough, do you think? wink

[Linked Image]

- Ice
#4427225 - 06/22/18 05:52 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: GrayGhost]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by GrayGhost

2 possibilities:
- Massive de-sync betweenclient and server, the missile was actually pretty far from the aircraft (server side) but the player saw it pretty close (client side)
- Fuze code simply didn't work (one of the thousands unfinished features or simply bug?). Otherwise the server code would have detected that at some point both were pretty close and would have triggered the detonation....maybe with a huge delay/lag making the missile explode too late (way after the clip).

Either possibilities represents critical behavior that is kind of unacceptable for a combat simulator. This is the problem with DCS, they focus too much on individual airframe and eyecandy stuff ignoring everything else (combat, netcode, ATC, etc...).
Let's be real, unless you are a real pilot of one of the DCS airframes and you want to compare, as long as the flight model is credible you are happy (that's why after a new patch everyone says..."wow the FM is so realistic, this is the best FM"). What makes difference for us, at least for me, is the experience as a whole where DCS fails miserably. They provide a great FM experience (not perfect as some like to repeat over and over) and this is it.....

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 06/22/18 08:08 PM.
#4427240 - 06/22/18 07:30 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

So it is MP, NightEagle?

Either way, it's a bit LOLZ for DCS. Either the MP needs fixing or the code needs fixing, something needs fixing! smile

- Ice
#4427242 - 06/22/18 08:02 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

So it is MP, NightEagle?

Either way, it's a bit LOLZ for DCS. Either the MP needs fixing or the code needs fixing, something needs fixing! smile

That video isn't mine, someone posted on re***t and i didn't want you to miss it. Whether MP or SP my comment doesn't change.

#4427261 - 06/22/18 09:53 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Ah, thanks smile Whether MP or SP, it just shows stuff is still broken with DCS. I mean "working as intended!!" biggrin

- Ice
#4427315 - 06/23/18 03:37 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada

What do you think, GG? Is that close enough, do you think? wink

[Linked Image]

Wow Ice, you were able to find a screenshot proving ED is incompetent. Again! Man you are good wink

Not sure who 'we' are Ice. GrayGhost's counterpoint seems valid. And you come up with 'blaming'? Disappointing

#4427329 - 06/23/18 10:16 AM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: bisher]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by bisher
Wow Ice, you were able to find a screenshot proving ED is incompetent. Again! Man you are good wink

Yes, I'm an expert in hitting the pause button at the right time. Some Photoshop skills come in handy too! biggrin

To be fair, not all credit goes to me. A big chunk of the credit should go to ED; they make it too easy.

Not sure who 'we' are Ice. GrayGhost's counterpoint seems valid. And you come up with 'blaming'? Disappointing

I'm sure you can easily figure out who "we" are wink As for "blaming," what would you suggest?

- Ice
#4427342 - 06/23/18 01:41 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: bisher]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

...And you come up with 'blaming'? Disappointing

In my understand ICE is saying that they cannot hide behind multiplayer inaccuracies which is 100% correct. This is not a case of a MOD team that can't do a heck about the core product but just work on the MOD content. ED is responsible for netcode development and maintenance, any "inaccuracies" falls on them. There are tons of MP games out there that transmits way more data than DCS in real time and still manage to work fine. Besides i'm sorry but this specific situation (entities position distribution and trigger detection) is really basic topic which is kind of ABC of developing MP logic, screwing this up is screwing the foundation. We are not talking about advanced MP programming topic.

Unless as i said the fuze code is simply messed up like many things in DCS..........

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 06/23/18 01:43 PM.
#4427348 - 06/23/18 02:33 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

We are not talking about advanced MP programming topic.

Nothing about netcode in a sim is not advanced.

Games that have far more forgiving constraints (e.g. shooters, because the phantoms move much slower) have issues when the connection is poor (high ping or even worse, packet loss).

I'm not saying that EDs netcode is perfect, but if you think that a) other games don't have the same problems or b) the things that don't work when the connection is poor are easy fixes, you need to have a good hard look at information theory.

#4427352 - 06/23/18 03:01 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: - Ice]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I have a theory about your information

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4427356 - 06/23/18 03:22 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Paradaz]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by Paradaz
I have a theory about your information

Scientific concepts care precious little about our opinions, yet they govern what can and can't be done with technology.

#4427416 - 06/23/18 09:18 PM Re: Is ED deliberately misleading potential customers? [Re: Sobek]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

In my understand ICE is saying that they cannot hide behind multiplayer inaccuracies which is 100% correct.

Unless as i said the fuze code is simply messed up like many things in DCS..........

Who was it that put forward that the game engine sends data about flight surface deflection over MP and that's why ping issues or delay is the reason why sometimes aircraft teleport all over the place? That was a LOLZ one for sure!

Originally Posted by Sobek
Nothing about netcode in a sim is not advanced.

Games that have far more forgiving constraints (e.g. shooters, because the phantoms move much slower) have issues when the connection is poor (high ping or even worse, packet loss).

I'm not saying that EDs netcode is perfect, but if you think that a) other games don't have the same problems or b) the things that don't work when the connection is poor are easy fixes, you need to have a good hard look at information theory.

Do you have any evidence that this was taken from an MP session and not SP?

Originally Posted by Sobek
Scientific concepts care precious little about our opinions, yet they govern what can and can't be done with technology.

Have you mentioned that to the guys over at ED?

- Ice
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.