Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4427120 - 06/22/18 05:19 AM Steam Summer Sale  
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,670
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,670
Earth
Get ready to spend until July 5!

v6,
boNes


"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4427128 - 06/22/18 06:59 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
USSCheyenne
Unregistered


I think i'll pick up Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943 Complete Edition. 80% off is a pretty darn good deal.

#4427198 - 06/22/18 03:58 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
MS
Steam Link on sale for $2.50. If you have a good 5GHz router, or a wired house, it’s a great little device for remote gaming, or just desktop access.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4427224 - 06/22/18 05:49 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,260
Mark Aisthorpe Offline
Crazy Courier
Mark Aisthorpe  Offline
Crazy Courier
Senior Member

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,260
London UK
So far I've bought
TT Isle of Man
Aerofly FS 2
Nurburgring Legends DLC for RaceRoom

Theres still a couple of non Sim games on my wish list that I'll probably get if they come up in the sale but other wise that will be it for me.


Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Aser EB321HQU 32" Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
#4427243 - 06/22/18 08:12 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,075
Chef Offline
Member
Chef  Offline
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,075
North Carolina
I just want to commend Steam for their customer service. I purchased a game that was tagged with Single Player, but wasn't as it turned out, and after 21 days they still refunded my money. Hats off to Steam. Their refund policy is up to 14 days. I looked for mods to see if I could make the game SP but couldn't. Yeah, yeah, yeah...we all know Steam is going to get that money back in a couple of days if not hours. Looking at Subnautica now.


The road less traveled is filled with fewer needy people.
#4427255 - 06/22/18 09:32 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,733
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,733
brasil
NO NO> NNONONONONONONONO ! i resisted for two years.....stop tempting me !!! but i do enjoy the minigame,

also how much did you spent on steam ? new tool, just log in https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/AccountSpend

TotalSpend 1,392.49 is that much ? most of my steam games were on promotion,so less then half the price, that is for currently 273 games, some 14 of them must been free.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 06/22/18 10:58 PM.
#4427281 - 06/22/18 11:38 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,269
sinner6 Offline
Senior Member
sinner6  Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 3,269
Fort Worth,TX
but all I really want is more battletech


Steam: Sinner6
Uplay: Sinner76028
MWO: Sinner6
#4427285 - 06/23/18 12:19 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
MS
I hear ya Sinner.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4427291 - 06/23/18 12:51 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 14,410
3rd Planet, Sun
going to buy

Ultimate General Civil War
Sniper Elite 4

#4427304 - 06/23/18 02:42 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 811
BlueHeron Offline
Member
BlueHeron  Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 811
Ottawa, Canada
Guess it's finally time to try X-Plane 11. I'm surprised not to hear much about it on these forums.

#4427512 - 06/24/18 12:59 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,263
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Hotshot

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,263
NooJoyzee
Lots of good deals in this summer sale.

So far I've picked up XCOM 2 for $20 and Ultimate General Gettysburg for $1.50. Also bought Endless Space 2 for $20, but refunded it. It's not that it's a bad game, but something about it didn't click right away with me. In virtually every game I've really liked, at some point in the first hour I sit back and say 'that is so cool', or maybe just 'wow', ya know.? Didn't have that in Endless Space 2, even though these sorts of games tend to fall in my wheelhouse. I may decide to give it a proper go later, but decided to refund for now. It's actually only the second game I've ever refunded on Steam in 14 years. The other one Panzer Corps. I recall liking Panzer General 2 back in the day, but I played the opening mission in Panzer Corps and was like no way. Not for me, any longer I guess.

Quote
also how much did you spent on steam ? new tool, just log in https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/AccountSpend

TotalSpend 1,392.49 is that much ? most of my steam games were on promotion,so less then half the price, that is for currently 273 games, some 14 of them must been free.


That's cool, thanks for the link. I am at 2,039.14. That works out to about $150 per year. Not so bad. I very rarely buy games on release so probably an average of about $30 per title. Where do I see how many games I've purchased?
I have 101 unique titles in my library, but not all are paid for and some are bundles or add-ons etc.


Animals flee this hell, the hardest stones cannot bear it for long. Only men endure
#4427543 - 06/24/18 05:03 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
MS
What is the difference between “total spend” and “old spend” on steam?
3240 totalspaend
$270 a year avg


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4427550 - 06/24/18 06:28 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,441
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,441
Ontario, Canada
Total Spend $934.94
Old Spend $616.91

161 games. Average spent $134 per year. Slowed down alot the last couple of years though. My computer is aging.


Last edited by WangoTango; 06/24/18 06:35 PM.
#4427554 - 06/24/18 06:41 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,065
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,065
UK
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
What is the difference between “total spend” and “old spend” on steam?


https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/20/steam-how-much-money-you-spent-games-market/

Me...

TotalSpend $1,663.70
OldSpend $1,387.49
PWSpend $0.00

Last edited by Chucky; 06/24/18 06:42 PM.

“Dictators ride to and fro on tigers from which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry.”
#4427622 - 06/25/18 02:01 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: DBond]  
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 96
WolverineFW Offline
Junior Member
WolverineFW  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 96
I bought Endless Space and Endless Space 2. Only played the first one so far. I can see what you meant...I think it may have been the poor tutorial and manual. I will try them both and a few times and see. Also bought XCom 2...have not played yet.

I bought a game called Stellaris. You should try that one...it sucked me in right away. lol

Originally Posted by DBond
Lots of good deals in this summer sale.

So far I've picked up XCOM 2 for $20 and Ultimate General Gettysburg for $1.50. Also bought Endless Space 2 for $20, but refunded it. It's not that it's a bad game, but something about it didn't click right away with me. In virtually every game I've really liked, at some point in the first hour I sit back and say 'that is so cool', or maybe just 'wow', ya know.? Didn't have that in Endless Space 2, even though these sorts of games tend to fall in my wheelhouse. I may decide to give it a proper go later, but decided to refund for now. It's actually only the second game I've ever refunded on Steam in 14 years. The other one Panzer Corps. I recall liking Panzer General 2 back in the day, but I played the opening mission in Panzer Corps and was like no way. Not for me, any longer I guess.

Quote
also how much did you spent on steam ? new tool, just log in https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/AccountSpend

TotalSpend 1,392.49 is that much ? most of my steam games were on promotion,so less then half the price, that is for currently 273 games, some 14 of them must been free.


That's cool, thanks for the link. I am at 2,039.14. That works out to about $150 per year. Not so bad. I very rarely buy games on release so probably an average of about $30 per title. Where do I see how many games I've purchased?
I have 101 unique titles in my library, but not all are paid for and some are bundles or add-ons etc.


#4427644 - 06/25/18 04:34 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
MS
Got the Command & Conquer bundle, I’ve not really played those, but I know they’re popular.
Also got Act of Aggression, a game by Eugen I just noticed. Looks more my speed than the Warfare games.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4427651 - 06/25/18 06:44 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 594
WhoCares Offline
Member
WhoCares  Offline
Member

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 594
So far
- Fallout 4 GotY
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Ultimate General Civil War

#4427658 - 06/25/18 11:36 AM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: WolverineFW]  
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,263
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Hotshot

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,263
NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by WolverineFW
I bought Endless Space and Endless Space 2. Only played the first one so far. I can see what you meant...I think it may have been the poor tutorial and manual. I will try them both and a few times and see.


Could be yes. The reviews and comments about ES 2 are really good. I believe it's a good game, and of course I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise. But it just didn't grab me straight away. I'll give it another go when they've added some additional content I think.

Quote
Also bought XCom 2...have not played yet.


The second original XCOM was one of those games that swept me off my feet. Bought on a lark, and then I proceeded to drop 300 hours in to it. The combat is just so good. In XCOM 2, I started with the tutorial, and then kept getting my butt kicked. Started over without the tutorial and it's been going well. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm liking XCOM 2.

Quote
I bought a game called Stellaris. You should try that one...it sucked me in right away. lol


I have it. One of the few games I did buy on release. I really enjoyed it, up until the point where my glorious navy was crushed by a massive coalition and I stopped playing. Back then, the AI put every single ship in to a huge doomstack. The combat just wasn't very well done in my opinion. Plenty of DLC has been released and I suspect it's improved, but I haven't revisited it in a long time. I have quite a few Paradox games, with a couple thousand hours in EU IV. Their DLC policy has put me off somewhat in the past couple of years, but that's a personal thing. But there's no doubt Paradox are masters of Grand Strategy games. Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron and Victoria are also excellent titles.

Here's a thread about my foray in to this game.


Last edited by DBond; 06/25/18 12:47 PM.

Animals flee this hell, the hardest stones cannot bear it for long. Only men endure
#4427717 - 06/25/18 08:15 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: bones]  
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,754
Coot Offline
Moody Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Moody Pilgrim
Veteran

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,754
!!USA!!
I've been wanting both Dishonored 2 and Prey for awhile now and pondering on one out of the two to get but then I discovered almost at the last minute that they are actually running a packaged deal on both Arkane games which was a nice surprise. So I picked up:

Dishonored 2
Prey
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (almost finished with Human Revolution)

I really, really need a new military game but I'm uncertain what to go with. What I really need is another Splinter Cell but I've played them all since the original and I've probably have just about anything else that's like them. So I broke it down to either Tom Clancy Wildlands or Sniper Elite 4 which happens to be real cheap right now. Out of the two would anyone recommend one over the other? I still haven't finished Sniper Elite 3 but SE4 is really running a good sale right now. For the most part I've enjoyed those games though there are some things that always annoy me and wish would be fixed but the developers never do. There good games but with a few simple game play tweaks it really could be something really special. Though I think I would ultimately like Wildlands, I recently tried The Division for free and hated it. I've watched many, many videos but I just can't decide between the two. I'm also concerned that Wildlands seems to not have the best optimization. Are there any other military third person games or military stealth games that I'm missing?

Last edited by Coot; 06/25/18 08:15 PM.
#4427742 - 06/25/18 09:54 PM Re: Steam Summer Sale [Re: Coot]  
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,733
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,733
brasil
Originally Posted by Coot
I've been wanting both Dishonored 2 and Prey for awhile now and pondering on one out of the two to get but then I discovered almost at the last minute that they are actually running a packaged deal on both Arkane games which was a nice surprise. So I picked up:

Dishonored 2
Prey
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (almost finished with Human Revolution)

I really, really need a new military game but I'm uncertain what to go with. What I really need is another Splinter Cell but I've played them all since the original and I've probably have just about anything else that's like them. So I broke it down to either Tom Clancy Wildlands or Sniper Elite 4 which happens to be real cheap right now. Out of the two would anyone recommend one over the other? I still haven't finished Sniper Elite 3 but SE4 is really running a good sale right now. For the most part I've enjoyed those games though there are some things that always annoy me and wish would be fixed but the developers never do. There good games but with a few simple game play tweaks it really could be something really special. Though I think I would ultimately like Wildlands, I recently tried The Division for free and hated it. I've watched many, many videos but I just can't decide between the two. I'm also concerned that Wildlands seems to not have the best optimization. Are there any other military third person games or military stealth games that I'm missing?


if you have friends to play with, definetely wildlands, BUT dont get gold, only the fallen ghost is somewhat good, but only for dificulty it raise otherwise sniper elite 4 is much better then 3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
A cowboy from Texas walks into a bar in Montana
by semmern. 11/28/20 01:46 PM
Kung Fury
by Chucky. 11/26/20 08:12 PM
Need a laugh ?
by WangoTango. 11/26/20 07:02 PM
Fantasy NHL League
by WangoTango. 11/26/20 06:36 PM
Thanksgiving In America!
by Blade_Meister. 11/26/20 03:00 PM
Thanksgiving
by NoFlyBoy. 11/25/20 07:16 PM
Uh oh...
by Nixer. 11/24/20 09:12 PM
meaning of a deck of playing cards
by KraziKanuK. 11/24/20 03:27 PM
Criterion Collection BR/DVD sale
by Patrocles. 11/24/20 03:26 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0