Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4425761 - 06/12/18 02:20 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Faulkner]  
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,731
bisher Online content
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Online Content
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,731
Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by Faulkner
You should be familiar bisher since you probably started many of them.


Well , we have imaginary threads here at SimHQ, and imaginary threads that make reference to threads that are completely imaginary. But I don't think I started many of those



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4425784 - 06/12/18 05:24 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Faulkner Offline
Junior Member
Faulkner  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Are you just trying to be argumentative, is that the real aim of posting here, so I can show that I can argue about anything, nonsensical or not. The imaginary threads, and it's part of the larger issue with ED, is that I see people discussing systems ad nauseam because they think they exist in the sim, but they don't, or discussing preparations for modules that haven't in fact been conceived or aren't in any planning phase. It's actually a bit sad because it's sort of illusionary or delusionary.

If you're satisfied with ED and having waiting 15 years for any semblance of a study level module of a modern fighter, then I'm happy for you, I would say "good for you" but that would be patronizing. If you've now found yourself in love with ED, than that's okay too, also I'm happy for you both, and I wish you two the best. I just got involved with this thread because of the low speed behavior of the hornet, in a very unfortunate range, the landing range, and it may be related to the flaps issue. In my view, at low speed applying power is very slow to come on line, dangerously so, however to the contrary the plane goes between 100 to 200, or back to 100 from 200, almost instantaneously, with minimal changes in throttle input, which seems unrealistic and hyperresponsive similar to X-Plane except the problem there has to do with the flight axes, otherwise I'd most likely stop playing P3D. It makes controlling the aircraft during this portion of flight quite difficult, and in testing it again nothing has changed. Somewhere along the line portions of this thread became about how I personally feel, and evolved or devolved into something else, but overall, my main point throughout has been, this type of module or others like it could have been available or in development earlier or at other forks in the road, you're free to agree or disagree, but that's my opinion.

#4425787 - 06/12/18 05:34 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,731
bisher Online content
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Online Content
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,731
Manitoba, Canada
Now Faulkner if you can just tie this into the OP, you will no longer need to put up with my nonsense smile



#4425789 - 06/12/18 06:00 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Faulkner Offline
Junior Member
Faulkner  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
I don't care about your nonsense. But I also will not speak to you in a way that you probably don't deserve. The only thing I would add is that I notice you have made over 12,000 posts, I'm sure each of those has been of tremendous significance.

#4425802 - 06/12/18 07:41 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: Faulkner]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by Faulkner
I don't know how to characterize anything I've said about ED to this point as being complimentary. Some of their development is good, but their marketing is better. Their brilliance seems to be in providing empty promises and false expectations. There are entire threads about things which are completely imaginary.They just push modules out the door, rebranding and repackaging the same old thing, to make a quick buck to what they perceive as a gullible audience. I've read where there are people who buy the same module twice, I couldn't begin to make any sense of that, whether it's for Steam or not. I don't know anything about FC4 or its purpose.

Sorry for that, but you made statements like "they know exactly what they are doing" and "it is exactly because they know that customer base" so I thought you were trying to praise them a bit? Don't get me wrong, ED has had its moments. I actually own two modules of A-10C, purchased the second one so I could fly with my son, but I would say ED during 2010 and A-10C period is very different from ED now.

As for FC4, I don't think even ED knows its purpose. They'll say they do but if you take their reasoning and apply some critical thinking to it, you may realize ED doesn't have a clue.


- Ice
#4425814 - 06/12/18 08:21 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
See Ice you're missing the point. By jackassery I mean threads turning is giant cess pools. Of course everyone has an opinion but just don't jump on someone for their opinion being opposite of yours. Live and let live, agree to disagree, etc etc etc.....


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425815 - 06/12/18 08:25 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
If someone got the F/A-18 and doesn't like that is fine. That is the point of this thread. It's the "Oh your opinions sucks dude." I consider counter productive and #%&*$# annoying.


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425821 - 06/12/18 09:00 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by usafmtl40
See Ice you're missing the point. By jackassery I mean threads turning is giant cess pools. Of course everyone has an opinion but just don't jump on someone for their opinion being opposite of yours. Live and let live, agree to disagree, etc etc etc.....

If someone got the F/A-18 and doesn't like that is fine. That is the point of this thread. It's the "Oh your opinions sucks dude." I consider counter productive and #%&*$# annoying.


Aren't you just contradicting yourself there? You want me to live and let live with regards to others but you don't seem willing to extend the same to others?

I consider false statements and overhyped claims to be counterproductive and annoying. If ED is great, then it will be easy to disprove my statements with facts. If ED is not great, then the less people that buy it and get a bad experience from false advertising is a win for flight simulation in general and COMBAT flight simulation in particular. People have their opinions and that's great. But there are also facts, which really do not care about opinions. People are also free to express such opinions and facts in SimHQ. If you don't like it, I'm sure there's a forum out there that is overflowing with the Kool-Aid and people all sing kumbaya.

"Oh your opinions sucks dude."
Please be so kind as to point out where anyone started and stopped with a statement like that. I agree with you that such statements are annoying, pretty much the same as best module EVARRR!!! biggrin However, I bet you will find that opposing statements are not done in such a way that you've described, so please do not respond to your interpretation of what is being said and instead respond to the actual words and points being stated.


- Ice
#4425827 - 06/12/18 09:25 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have no issue with that. Calling someone out negatively (ATTACKING THEIR CHARACTER) because you don't like their opinion is what I am talking about. Not saying you did that but that is the point I have been trying to make. The points I made are examples of what I do not want in my threads. Point, counter point. Fine here. I am not quite sure where the disconnect is. You like ED, good. You don't like ED, good. You like F/A-18, good. You don't like the F/A-18 good. You like the FM good, you don't like the FM, good. See the train of thought here? No opinion is a bad one in my eyes because to each his own. I have been saying over and over again. You trackin' now?


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425830 - 06/12/18 09:50 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by usafmtl40
Calling someone out negatively (ATTACKING THEIR CHARACTER) because you don't like their opinion is what I am talking about.

I agree with you there. However, do you only care if this is done in threads you start? I didn't see you calling out recent character attacks on other threads.

Originally Posted by usafmtl40
The points I made are examples of what I do not want in my threads.

So you expect different rules to apply on your threads and only on your threads? Other threads in the same sub-forum can do as they please?

Originally Posted by usafmtl40
No opinion is a bad one in my eyes because to each his own. I have been saying over and over again. You trackin' now?

Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, not all opinions are correct. Opinions formed from correct, factual information, and decisions based from that informed opinion are much better and can stand up to scrutiny, yes? Opinions based on false information, over-hyped marketing, misleading comments, and decisions based on that ill-informed opinion are not likely to end in a good experience for the individual, correct?


- Ice
#4425837 - 06/12/18 09:58 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: - Ice]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
Originally Posted by - Ice
Originally Posted by usafmtl40
Calling someone out negatively (ATTACKING THEIR CHARACTER) because you don't like their opinion is what I am talking about.

I agree with you there. However, do you only care if this is done in threads you start? I didn't see you calling out recent character attacks on other threads.

Originally Posted by usafmtl40
The points I made are examples of what I do not want in my threads.

So you expect different rules to apply on your threads and only on your threads? Other threads in the same sub-forum can do as they please?

Originally Posted by usafmtl40
No opinion is a bad one in my eyes because to each his own. I have been saying over and over again. You trackin' now?

Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, not all opinions are correct. Opinions formed from correct, factual information, and decisions based from that informed opinion are much better and can stand up to scrutiny, yes? Opinions based on false information, over-hyped marketing, misleading comments, and decisions based on that ill-informed opinion are not likely to end in a good experience for the individual, correct?



1. Not my job to call out people in other threads if its not my thread. I generally stay out of pissing contests.

2. Yes, I have seen #%&*$# in my life I wouldn't wish my on enemy so civility in my threads isn't too much to ask.

3. You are correct as long and you aren't attacking the person.


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425848 - 06/12/18 10:48 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Philippines / North East UK
You have an interesting sense of ownership on your threads. However, since it is not your forum, how do you expect people to follow one set of rules for your threads but another set of rules for other threads?



Originally Posted by usafmtl40
1. Not my job to call out people in other threads if its not my thread. I generally stay out of pissing contests.

But if it's your thread, it's your "job"? Regardless, I don't see you calling out Azazel for a character attack on the first page of this thread.

Originally Posted by usafmtl40
2. Yes, I have seen #%&*$# in my life I wouldn't wish my on enemy so civility in my threads isn't too much to ask.

I agree. We may differ in opinions and preferences but at the end of the day, it's a sim, it's a hobby, and I wish nobody any ill will, but discussion can be heated at times. Doesn't mean it's a pissing contest though. That, or I'm misunderstanding the term.

Originally Posted by usafmtl40
3. You are correct as long and you aren't attacking the person.

I may be reading your statement wrong here, but if you're wrong, you're wrong regardless of whether you're attacking the person or the post. If you're wrong **AND** attacking the person, then you're just.... well, the correct word escapes me at the moment smile


- Ice
#4425850 - 06/12/18 10:59 PM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: - Ice]  
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,731
bisher Online content
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Online Content
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 12,731
Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted by - Ice
Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, not all opinions are correct. Opinions formed from correct, factual information, and decisions based from that informed opinion are much better and can stand up to scrutiny, yes? Opinions based on false information, over-hyped marketing, misleading comments, and decisions based on that ill-informed opinion are not likely to end in a good experience for the individual, correct?


Ice. Opinions are not a right, it's the human condition, perhaps you are referring to the right of people to express their opinion. Thank you for this

And as opinions are judgements based on our individual value system, opinions are always right

I agree opinions can change if perception changes, however this is best done in a strength based approach. I can't really say your posts are strength based.

So if you truly, truly want to impact us poor sods' opinions try using a strength based approach as this has been proven to have the biggest impact on allowing people to make long term positive lifestyle change.

Back on topic

I bought the Hornet, really enjoying it, though it has a long way to go before it's potential is realized







#4425854 - 06/13/18 01:05 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
1. They don't have to respect my wishes as its only a request.

2. Azazel was just like you said one hit wonder. I just shake my head at those people. Notice he hasn't posted since?

3. Heating discussions are one thing. Pissing contest usually = attacking each other.

4. Different opinions are fine, as I said, attacking the person for their opinion is not.

Now can we go back to talking about the F/A-18? Do you have the module Ice?


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425855 - 06/13/18 01:15 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,538
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,538
Raleigh,NC
Hey Dave, remember a long time ago on SimHQ when we had the night of the eels on the Community Forum?

Well, it's a lot different now.

#4425856 - 06/13/18 01:16 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Faulkner Offline
Junior Member
Faulkner  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
I don't know what to make of Ice, he seems upset, or makes comments that are inexplicable or contradictory because he has to win the argument or he has to be the SME on everything, despite their being no argument, attacks people despite posts that echo basically the same opinion, effectively supporting him or the same view. I don't want to say these things, but I don't know what the f### is happening. There may be more than one person in there, or he may now actually be a fanboy. I think he secretly has a thing for ED despite his posts, can't come to grips with it, or he may be confused. I know he wants to take over the forum or whatever thread he gets involved in, to root it out wherever it may be, although at times the posts don't make sense and come out of both sides of his mouth, and I can't understand what he's talking about.

However, I am not a student of ED such as yourself, will never walk through the hallowed halls at Duxford or at ED, or ever be inducted into the ED Hall of Fame. I can tell you that I just attempted a landing on the carrier, and in the instant just prior to landing, two of my compadre Hornets, in an apparent "switch" maneuver, smashed into the back of the carrier simultaneously in a plume of smoke. I was able to land on the deck using a 15.6" notebook no less - I'm that good, or I used to be, and I know that's what they both would have wanted. I know somebody alluded to some kind of renaissance occurring at ED, but the more things change, the more they stay the same, eh.

#4425858 - 06/13/18 02:08 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,538
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,538
Raleigh,NC
Ice is a good guy. Look at what he has done for BMS.

ED/DCS has very questionable business model of pushing products out and never really finishing them.

Hoping the Hornet is better. And so far it is. A lot of potential here. I'm happy with my purchase. We'll see how it all plays out.

#4425860 - 06/13/18 02:24 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: piper]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
Originally Posted by piper
Hey Dave, remember a long time ago on SimHQ when we had the night of the eels on the Community Forum?

Well, it's a lot different now.


Good times.... And yeah I'm learning that. Glad I took all those how to not nuke your neighbor classes after I retired. :p


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425861 - 06/13/18 02:27 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: piper]  
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
usafmtl40 Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
usafmtl40  Offline
Space Cadet Zircon
Member

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 163
OH
Originally Posted by piper
Ice is a good guy. Look at what he has done for BMS.

ED/DCS has very questionable business model of pushing products out and never really finishing them.

Hoping the Hornet is better. And so far it is. A lot of potential here. I'm happy with my purchase. We'll see how it all plays out.

I am enjoying the Hornet. But they need to add more weapons capabilities soon. You see Iron hand is my thing... LOL


Digital Storm Lumos
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X (8-Core) (Boost Up to 4.0 GHz)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz G.SKILL TridentZ (RGB Light Bar)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD (500GB Samsung 860 EVO)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
#4425867 - 06/13/18 03:01 AM Re: So Who Has the Hornet? [Re: usafmtl40]  
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Faulkner Offline
Junior Member
Faulkner  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
I know Ice is a good guy, otherwise I wouldn't talk to him. And very knowledgeable, and quite entertaining, but he's correct only 95% of the time, and that's a damn good score in my book. Kumbaya. Can't resist, but for the Hornet, except for some things I already mentioned it, considering the complexity, as a module it is well done.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Time marches on
by No105_Archie. 10/21/19 03:02 PM
Why Looney Tunes is great for history buffs
by PanzerMeyer. 10/20/19 11:05 PM
IJN Kaga found.
by NH2112. 10/19/19 10:32 PM
Grouch (Joker Parady)
by Arthonon. 10/19/19 02:19 PM
Nike vs B-17
by KraziKanuK. 10/18/19 08:30 PM
Grouch
by Chaz. 10/18/19 01:49 PM
How to pi$$ off Londoners...
by Chucky. 10/17/19 12:16 PM
Video game map size comparison
by DM. 10/17/19 09:45 AM
Happy Thanksgiving
by No105_Archie. 10/13/19 05:15 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0