Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4425305 - 06/09/18 01:44 PM The Mighty Eighth Clip  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Don't know if this was posted yet but I stumbled across a clip from the 3rd installment of Hanks/Spielberg's WWII TV series for HBO

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4425306 - 06/09/18 01:47 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Its an old clip, presumably the CDG quality will be better when they actually make this.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4425309 - 06/09/18 02:52 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Looks great. Can't wait.

#4425314 - 06/09/18 03:29 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Crap can't imagine what it was like taking serious fire from a 109 I've been in choppers seing little points of light opening up in the sides and realized that was bullets passing through but that was small change to the amount of fire they took ..for sure not only must watch but must own the DVD

Russ
Semper Fi
#4425318 - 06/09/18 04:20 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: rwatson]  
bones Offline
Hotshot
bones  Offline
Hotshot

Earth
Originally Posted by rwatson
Crap can't imagine what it was like taking serious fire from a 109 I've been in choppers seing little points of light opening up in the sides and realized that was bullets passing through but that was small change to the amount of fire they took ..for sure not only must watch but must own the DVD

You say that quite calmly. I would have been freaking out, haha

v6,
boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
#4425320 - 06/09/18 04:31 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: rwatson]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by rwatson

And consider that the “small” bullets were coming from the 12.7mm MG’s on the 109’s and 190’s. 12.7mm is roughly equivalent to the US .50 cal. Now imagine the 20 and 30mm shells hitting the plane all around you.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4425327 - 06/09/18 05:03 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
PM I have no illusions about what they went through..My experience was mostly ground fire from AK's Th e point was I can't imagine what it was like for them,,For me it was small arms for them it must have been a nightmare..Never referred to them as small bullets

Russ
Semper Fi
#4425330 - 06/09/18 05:12 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

And consider that the “small” bullets were coming from the 12.7mm MG’s on the 109’s and 190’s. 12.7mm is roughly equivalent to the US .50 cal.

Not "roughly". Exactly.

.50 cal is half an inch, which 12,7mm. smile The Browning .50 BMG is 12.7 x 99mm in NATO terms.

#4425332 - 06/09/18 05:56 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
This is pretty old. It's made the rounds for some time. It's been mentioned on several websites that this is not Spielberg's work and has nothing to do with his, "Master's of the Skies" series. We can expect better special effects from Spielberg and company, than that. I mean, if they actually make it!

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4425391 - 06/10/18 12:44 AM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
reconmercs Offline
reconmercs  Offline

an island
Yeah, as stated by Pooch, this isn't the Spielberg production. Unfortunately, the writer for the mini-series is taking his sweet time writing it.... who knows when/if he'll ever finish it. I follow his twitter. The mini-series probably won't see daylight till 2020 at this point...

#4425436 - 06/10/18 02:55 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: bones]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
I have to stop getting excited when I hear stuff like this is going to be produced. Video games, too. I've been dissapointed so many times that I really should know better. I remember, many years back, reading that Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to be making a film in which he played a German fighter pilot. Kept looking to see how that was coming but it never happened. Tom Cruise was supposed to have been in a movie about a famous American Golfer who joined the RAF and flew (and was killed) in the Battle of Britain. Guess that's not happening. Jackson's remake of The Dam Busters is gone, it seems, too.
It's best to have a "Yeah, sure. I'll believe it when I see it," attitude.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4425535 - 06/11/18 11:15 AM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: Pooch]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Pooch
I have to stop getting excited when I hear stuff like this is going to be produced. Video games, too. I've been dissapointed so many times that I really should know better. I remember, many years back, reading that Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to be making a film in which he played a German fighter pilot. Kept looking to see how that was coming but it never happened. Tom Cruise was supposed to have been in a movie about a famous American Golfer who joined the RAF and flew (and was killed) in the Battle of Britain. Guess that's not happening. Jackson's remake of The Dam Busters is gone, it seems, too.

I know the feeling you speak of but you'd be amazed at how many proposed projects in Hollywood never actually get made. I'd say for every script that actually gets filmed and released, there are probably 10 or more proposed scripts that never get very far.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/11/18 11:33 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4425667 - 06/11/18 08:32 PM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
reconmercs Offline
reconmercs  Offline

an island
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Pooch

I know the feeling you speak of but you'd be amazed at how many proposed projects in Hollywood never actually get made. I'd say for every script that actually gets filmed and released, there are probably 10 or more proposed scripts that never get very far.

Unfortunately true... There was supposedly a movie based around the 761st Tank Battalion that was getting made based on a book by Kareem Abdul Jabbar that never came to fruition I was stoked for... but now I've heard Michael B Jordan may actually be getting it going again.. we'll see. I am glad "Greyhound" with Tom Hanks is actually filming finally, had been hearing about that movie for ages before they actually started....But yeah, until I actually see photos from the set of actual filming, I try not to get too excited for film news anymore. Never heard about that Arnold Schwarznegger project I would LOVE to see a movie focused on Luftwaffe Ace Eric Hartmann or Gunther Rall but unless a German studio does it, it'll never happen, Hollywood and the general viewing public is perfectly fine showing ALL Germans as evil Nazi's when it comes to anything WWII related unfortunately which is a shame, productions like "Downfall" and the "Generation War" are classics imho

#4425739 - 06/12/18 11:31 AM Re: The Mighty Eigth Clip [Re: reconmercs]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by reconmercs
I would LOVE to see a movie focused on Luftwaffe Ace Eric Hartmann or Gunther Rall but unless a German studio does it, it'll never happen,

Actually, I don't think any German studio would touch it either due to the political correctness climate there. Sure, they made "Der Rote Baron" but that was WWI. No Nazis.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.