Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Video title: Worlds Adrift
Copyrighted content: 숲 속 (20분) In the Woods
Claimed by: BIGBAND Entertainment

The video in question is a video of a 2 hour livestream I did for a friend to show him what the game Worlds Adrift was. At one point I went to the bathroom and left my guy hanging over a chasm. The only sounds the video was playing was a generic wind sound.

BigBand Entertainment has a CD of just wind sounds. One of just water sounds. One of random drum sounds. etc. They have put in a copyright claim on my video for the 4th time claiming that I am stealing their wind sounds and monetizing my video ad revenue for themselves.

Jokes on them though. The video only has like 3 views and is unlisted so they wont make any money off of it and I filed a copyright dispute over it as well which will force them to waste time on it and ultimately give up their claim. If they win the claim i'll just delete the video. It's not like anyone will ever watch it.

But the fact that they are allowed to do this and that it is profitable for them to do this shows how #%&*$# up and corrupt youtube's system is.

Last edited by Master; 06/02/18 09:05 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4424232 - 06/02/18 09:38 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Wouldn't the sound effects within the game belong to World's Adrift's developers? Why do they think its their material? Either way it sounds pretty ridiculous and petty. Reminds me of that funny Bob Newhart show where he's being sued for plagiarizing.

I'm sorry for your difficulty with this. I agree wholeheartedly about Youtube's corrupt methods that have gotten worse and more obvious. I hope someone can eventually replace them. They are corrupt on many levels.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4424238 - 06/02/18 10:05 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
youtube is starting to ruin a Very Good Thing

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4424245 - 06/02/18 10:31 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Coot]  
adlabs6 Offline
Veteran
adlabs6  Offline
Veteran

Tracy Island
Originally Posted by Coot
Wouldn't the sound effects within the game belong to World's Adrift's developers? Why do they think its their material?

Makes me wonder whether the game is maybe built using licensed sounds from third parties?

A couple of games I own have audio options to swap to "Stream Safe Audio", which uses 100% unlicensed, public domain audio instead of the main game sounds and music. Somehow they have rights to use the "unstreamable" audio in the game, but legal agreement stuff prevents players from streaming with that content. Thus they provide the lower quality alternative.

WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
#4424246 - 06/02/18 10:36 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: adlabs6]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted by adlabs6
Wouldn't the sound effects within the game belong to World's Adrift's developers? Why do they think its their material?

Makes me wonder whether the game is maybe built using licensed sounds from third parties?

A couple of games I own have audio options to swap to "Stream Safe Audio", which uses 100% unlicensed, public domain audio instead of the main game sounds and music. Somehow they have rights to use the "unstreamable" audio in the game, but legal agreement stuff prevents players from streaming with that content. Thus they provide the lower quality alternative.

No, you can do a search on youtube. They uploaded their wind sounds again on the 13th of last month and started issuing claims.

Its literally just random wind sounds that may or may not sound like the wind sounds from their "20 min song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTco3lXb8w

It has 2 views and both of them are me trying to find the "wind sounds" that they are claiming but I cant even find them.

숲 속 (20분) In the Woods - 방용석
Sound recording
1:38:36 - 1:39:21

and here is the video and time stamp from the claim lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY_AobF5UrY&feature=youtu.be&t=5917

Last edited by Master; 06/02/18 10:36 PM.
#4424265 - 06/03/18 12:27 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: 462cid]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted by 462cid

YouTube was ruined the moment Google bought them.

#4424271 - 06/03/18 01:03 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

On a side note, how do you like Worlds Adrift? I've been interested in it but I prefer single player games.

Its ok. If you like that sort of game its a good version of it. Open world with ship building, exploration and pvp. As a single player experience it's probably lacking enough content especially if you run into some griefers.

It is really cool though to build your own ship and fly around. Its more an exploration type game than anything else.

#4424283 - 06/03/18 05:29 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: piper]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted by piper
Originally Posted by 462cid

YouTube was ruined the moment Google bought them.

Yep.

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4424290 - 06/03/18 07:40 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Master

Video title: Worlds Adrift
Copyrighted content: 숲 속 (20분) In the Woods
Claimed by: BIGBAND Entertainment

The video in question is a video of a 2 hour livestream I did for a friend to show him what the game Worlds Adrift was. At one point I went to the bathroom and left my guy hanging over a chasm. The only sounds the video was playing was a generic wind sound.

BigBand Entertainment has a CD of just wind sounds. One of just water sounds. One of random drum sounds. etc. They have put in a copyright claim on my video for the 4th time claiming that I am stealing their wind sounds and monetizing my video ad revenue for themselves.

Jokes on them though. The video only has like 3 views and is unlisted so they wont make any money off of it and I filed a copyright dispute over it as well which will force them to waste time on it and ultimately give up their claim. If they win the claim i'll just delete the video. It's not like anyone will ever watch it.

But the fact that they are allowed to do this and that it is profitable for them to do this shows how #%&*$# up and corrupt youtube's system is.

and how do you know worlds adrift didnt use their song ? i got notification from a eastern european dj once, becouse of a video from rainbow 6, it was one of the musics playing in the background where i was camping.......ubisoft removed the claim on gameplays, but we still cannot record the waiting match as those songs will get you flagged as well.

#4424386 - 06/03/18 09:11 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
devere Offline
devere  Offline

For sure the whole copyright claim system is broken. I had one on my channel last year for a game play walkthrough with no commentary. It is also my most viewed video on my small channel.

The game itself was released at the end of 2015. I recorded my gameplay and published it in june 2016. Then some band put a copyright claim against it for a song they only released in july 2017...

The funny thing is the 'music' they claimed was copy righted was actually an ambietnt screaming noise, yet their song was an acoustic piece. Took a few email back and forth but eventually it was dropped, but it shows these chancers will happily try to steal money from some else's work.

#4424392 - 06/03/18 09:30 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I had to take down a playthrough of the Hitman 2 because in one of the missions you assassinate someone in hong kong and there is a bongo drum that gets played. Just one single bongo drum hit. And a music company claimed the audio was stolen from one of their cds of bongo dumb songs. :/

It has all become so ridiculous.

#4424415 - 06/03/18 11:21 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
I don't think that there's necessarily malice behind all this. Music producers - whether it's bands, agenty, publishers - routinely file copyright claims for their titles. Then some AI tries to identify those tunes for every upload on YT. Needless to say, sometimes they're plain wrong. In my cases all songs were properly identified but since I actually had purchased the rights to each of these songs it was easy to refute each claim of a copyright violation. Was still a bloody nuisance, but then again I can also understand the position of the musicians, and the magnitude of the problem that can be efficiently dealt with only by running this by AI systems trying to identify what's in there with more or less intransparent neural network algorithms.
Maybe this "could" still be handled by humans, but then you'd need A LOT of them, train them to recognize about every song in the YT database, and watch about every new video that gets uploaded. You'd need to pay those legions of music detectives, and YT couldn't be offered for free.

#4427708 - 06/25/18 06:55 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

A copyright claim was created for content in "Let's Play Kholat: Horror Survival Game Episode 1"

Video title: Let's Play Kholat: Horror Survival Game Episode 1
Copyrighted content: Sleep Sounds For Baby - Nature Sounds for Relaxation, Meditation, Studying & Deep Sleep- Part 1
Claimed by: Label Engine

Sleep sounds for Baby? oh for #%&*$# sake...

#4427718 - 06/25/18 08:15 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
devere Offline
devere  Offline

@Master - Not sure if this is any help or not, but I also have a video of Kholat on my channel, but I have had no claims against it for crying babies (or anything else for that matter). That certainly suggests it's not an automated system as it should have surely tried to flag my vid as well?

Do you narrate your videos? That may have some bearing on the issue as I do usually narrate things, and funnily enough the earlier video I got a copyright attempt on is one of the few on my channel, where I did'nt narrate.

As to what can be done long term, I have no idea as even content creators with a million subs get hit by this sort of youtube chicanery.

#4440821 - 09/25/18 11:42 PM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

more YT #%&*$#.

Copyrighted content: Gentle Wind - Nature Sounds for Relaxation, Meditation, Studying & Deep Sleep- Part 2

Copyrighted content: Viento Suave - estudiar, meditar, dormir, sonidos relajantes- Parte 3

Im about to have my whole channel taken down because of too many copywrite claims all from frivolous wind sound companies. There is literally nothing I can do about it either. Random company releases a wind CD and then uses YT's audio algorithms to search for wind sounds and files claims on all wind content. Then people dispute them and you still lose the ad revenue anyways (which in this case is none because the video got like 13 views 2 years ago) but even if the claim is revoked it goes on your record. Get too many claims and your channel is suspended.

utter #%&*$#.

#4440830 - 09/26/18 01:12 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
go proactive
sue them for using your content

#4440837 - 09/26/18 02:15 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
How do you get hit for that yet you can go on Youtube right now and find whole albums from artists by their names? I'm assuming they eventually get taken down but still, a nondescript bongo drum sound bite from a 16 year PC game seems silly.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4440852 - 09/26/18 04:36 AM Re: Example of Youtube's Corrupt Copyright System [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

It makes no sense to me coot. No sense at all!

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.