Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4396505 - 12/23/17 09:05 PM Alpha 3 is released.  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Will need to download and install the new launcher. After installing the launcher it will update Star Citizen. Think I saw something 14gb to start Now half way.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4396526 - 12/23/17 11:21 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Can someone fill me in as to what you can do in Alpha 3? The last time I played, all that was available was some sort of racing mode and another kill-all-enemies-in-waves mode.

- Ice
#4396558 - 12/24/17 02:59 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Quickcord Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord
Quickcord  Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord

Maryland
From the site,

Star Citizen Patch 3.0.0
Alpha Patch 3.0.0 has been released to all Star Citizen backers. This update contains one of our largest feature sets to date – including the three moons of Crusader, a new mission system, improved shopping and cargo mechanics, and increased our server player count from twenty-four to fifty players. Alpha 3.0.0 is also the first implementation of a lot system changes that go on in the background. For example, with commodity trading, we’re testing out the very first iteration of the dynamic economy that will control the marketplace of the universe.

With our new procedural planet tech, there was a strong need to make sure that we efficiently update all the entities and components in our game world (their number increased significantly compared to 2.6.3). We therefore implemented a new update scheduler that allows us to efficiently batch update them per type and update strategy (range based, manual, always, conditionally). As this puts more strain onto our job system, we further refined its core to allow for even lower latency scheduling and supported even more CPU cores.

In short, it’s a big update that lays the foundation for larger developments down the road.

Apart from the improvements already made, there’s still a lot of work that has to be done to get the performance up to where we want it to be, but this will take a bit more time. Object Container Streaming and Entity streaming are major aspects to reduce memory footprint and further scale the game world for many star systems in a seamless way. There will also be a concentrated effort into better scaling of existing game systems with increased player count and world complexity (entity count). We’ve been investigating range based culling of entity updates which will provide significant gains, but still needs additional work to properly integrate into all game systems.

With the release of 3.0.0, the Persistent Universe is now shifting to a quarter-based release schedule. This approach means that after each live delivery we can return to the main development branch and pick up all the changes and optimizations that have been worked on in the background and ready them for our next live release. 3.0 has been about completely revamping systems and gameplay as well as adding new content. We will now go back into our development branch, which we need to do for our Q1 release in March and will pick up the latest code and concentrate on optimizing performance, using our new gameplay and systems to the fullest, as well as continuing with the balance and polish of the PU.

Your feedback and engagement is what makes Star Citizen special, so drop into the ’verse, grab your ship and explore the vastness of 3.0.0.

New RSI Launcher
Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 requires the installation of a new launcher which will tremendously reduce the amount of data transmitted during game updates and allow the team to deliver more patches quickly. The RSI Launcher will also be used to deliver Squadron 42 once it begins shipping.

In order to play Star Citizen 3.0, download the new RSI Launcher. The installation program will guide you to remove the older CIG Patcher and then perform your initial installation of Star Citizen Alpha 3.0.

NOTE: Once totally installed and patched, Your launcher should display 3.0.0-695052 as the client version.

NEW FEATURES
Three Crusader Moons
Cellin
Cellin is Crusader’s closest satellite. Visitors to the moon are greeted by the massive gas giant sitting prominently in the sky above. If you can take your eyes off the sky, then you’ll notice that Cellin’s flat surface is punctuated by dormant volcanoes.

Daymar
With the thickest atmosphere of the three moons, Daymar is covered with winding canyons and rugged mountain ranges, giving it the appearance of an arid, desert planet. Though Crusader has been granting mining licenses to tap into the moon’s resources, the atmosphere is unbreathable for Humans.

Yela
The third and final Crusader moon is Yela, the moon’s covered in ice crust on certain sections of the moon, while other parts are dominated by a typical mixture of soil and snow. The temperatures are quite bracing here, so plan to bring a thermos of tea or a nip of something stronger to help stay warm.

Levski
The home of the People’s Alliance, this new landing zone was founded in an abandoned mining facility as an egalitarian alternative to the UEE.

Surface Outposts
Over two dozen planetside outposts that can be visited. These buildings cover a variety of operations (both legal and illegal) and can serve as drop-off and pick-up points for missions.

Derelict Ships
Crashed or abandoned ships within the Stanton system as points of exploration.

Mission Givers
Ruto
This criminal hacker provides the players with missions and introduce the first iteration of the reputation system.

Miles Eckhart
The head of a private security company, Eckhart provides the players with missions and introduce the first iteration of the reputation system.

Mission System
Around 20 distinct missions, most with lawful and unlawful variants and all with hundreds of random permutations. These missions can be picked up from the Mission Givers or from the Contract Manager App.

Derelict Ships
Multiple ship wrecks on planets and in space. Some may contain cargo that can be scavenged and sold.

Random Encounters
10+ encounters which the player can come across through travel or by Quantum Travel Interdiction.
The area you are within will dictate the types of encounter you can come across

Admin Officer AI (mission related)
Admin officers will appear at larger landing zones such as Port Olisar and Levski to act as pick up or drop off points for mission related items.

Shopkeeper AI
Adding the shopkeeper AI to give environments more life.

Pickup & Carry objects
As we’re introducing cargo with 3.0.0, players will be able to manually interact with their cargo to load and unload it properly on their ships.

AI Turrets
We are adding the ability for AI to operate turrets in Crusader, so we are working to make sure that they track and fire upon the correct targets.

Interaction/PIT
We’ve added an interaction mode system which enables you to interact directly with the world around you. This will act as a shortcut way to select actions with your mouse, to avoid remembering complex control binds.

Stamina System
We are introducing the concept of stamina in to 3.0.0, this will mean that physical actions will have consequences. For instance, sprinting will drain the stamina of your character, causing loss of breath and difficulty in aiming a weapon.

Item 2.0 Ships
We are converting our available ships over to the item 2.0 system. This will allow for greater player control of the ship and expanded gameplay.
Multi-Function Displays (MFD) are being implemented in the new item 2.0 system to give pilots even more control of their ships.

ATC System
The Air Traffic Control system assigns landing pads to players once permission has been requested. The system also tracks the stored location of player-owned ships and allows for cargo to be delivered to a ship parked in that landing zone.

Item 2.0 Doors & Airlocks
We are starting to update the doors and airlocks within the game to be more intelligent. In time, this would mean that the door would ‘know’ if a room beyond them is depressurized and would stay shut for safety.

Cockpit Experience Improvements
Multiple changes that affect how the player moves and reacts in the cockpit as well as the overall feeling for the player while flying (interactions, reacting to hits, etc.)

Shopping
Commodity buying/selling.
Physical item shops.

Render to Texture
This will have many uses going forwards, but our focus for now is to improve UI rendering and to introduce live rendering of video communications. We’re aiming to improve rendering performance by rendering as much of the UI ahead of a frame. For video communications, this will mean that we don’t have to pre-render the comms and store those files on the hard drive, as is the case with most games, allowing us to maintain fidelity and save hard drive space.

Cargo
Players can purchase commodities from the kiosk that will be transportable in the cargo holds of vehicles, to be sold in another location.
Implementing items to represent units of tradeable cargo.

Planetary Tech
The Physics Grid for planets and the modular space stations.

Planetary Rotation
Planets and moons now rotate to give a day/night cycle.

mobiGlas Visual Update
Redesigned the interface and apps.

mobiGlas Apps
Contract Manager: This is a redesign of the mission App that is currently available within mobiGlas and is the next step in allowing players more control over their mission tracking.
Personal Manager: This App will allow players to review their inventory and customize various aspects of their suit and weapons.
Vehicle Manager: This mobiGlas app allows the Player to modify/customize their ships directly rather than using the upright terminals.
StarMap: The Starmap will be introduced to allow players to view the Persistent Universe at large and select planets to quantum travel to.

Starmap on Ship Radar
Incorporating the Starmap into ships with 3D radar so players don’t have to open the mobiGlas app when piloting to select their travel destinations. Remaining ships will be added later.

Updated Visor HUD
Updating the Own and Target ship displays for both the visor and MFD in the Item2.0 ships. With this enabled in ships, pilots will be able to see the health of their ship and shields

Atmospheric Flight
With 3.0.0 players will have the chance to land on celestial bodies, which, in some cases, will involve passing through the atmosphere.
A modified set of physics parameters to change the flight pattern of ships when they transition into a moon’s atmosphere.

Engine Trails/Contrails
VFX improvements for engine trails, and the creation of contrails for ships when flown in atmosphere

Gravlev (for hover bikes)
This tech covers the transitions from flight to hovering and hovering to flight, but also lets the hoverbikes (Dragonfly and Nox) traverse the planetary surfaces.

Second Stage Afterburner
Adding afterburner functionality to allow you to traverse from space to ground faster.

Hint System
A first iteration of in-game hints to help new players acclimate to the various complex gameplay mechanics in Star Citizen.

EMP Weapon update
Updates to the EMP weapon functionality to properly affect ships now the item 2.0 conversion has taken place.

Entity Owner Manager
The Entity Owner Manager tracks entities that are moved around the universe, making sure we spawn and despawn them at the correct time.

Physics Serialisation
This will fix a few long-standing threading issues between then network and physics code. Improves separation of physics and netcode for better maintainability.

New Message Queue
Now that all our messages are strictly ordered, we’ve streamlined the processing, allowing us to send and receive messages with less overhead. The new message queue also has a few extra features to better handle packet loss and jitter, helping reduce average bandwidth and latency.

Mission System
The overall system that will be used to create mission flows for missions like Patrol, Assassination, Smuggling, etc.

Persistence of Ship Damage, Ammo, & Missiles
Persistence ensures that your vehicle state is saved between sessions.

Ship Insurance & Claim
This will be an alpha version of the insurance system where if your current ship becomes damaged beyond repair, you will be able to request a replacement ship (with basic loadout) from the insurance provider.

Planetary Navigation Marker Generation
A dynamically generated set of Quantum Travel points around planets and moons to enable for quicker and easier traversal around them.

Persistent Spawning & Reconnecting
First pass at persistence which allows us to save the state and location of the player and ships between game sessions.

NZXT Phantom 630 Case
AMD FX 8350
16GB Corsair Vengence, ASUS Crosshair Formula Z
RX480, Samsung 840 Pro 128 Gig SSD, WD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850w PSU
#4397123 - 12/28/17 10:39 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Alicatt Offline
Hotshot
Alicatt  Offline
Hotshot

Ice Cold in Alex or Eating in ...
Be warned you do need a PC with a reasonable spec to play it, With less than 16GB of RAM it is going to struggle, I have 12GB and it is pretty much a slide show for me, while it was on PTU I could login and play, sometimes I could get good frame rates but after a while they would drop until you could count the seconds between frames, now though, after the release to live I have not been able to login to play always getting a 10002 error.

I guess that new PC is closer to being necessary smile

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron
#4397129 - 12/28/17 11:46 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I'm getting very low frame rates with this update (i5 6600/8GB mem/GTX970). Quite frankly I'm losing patience with SC. I'm not doubling my ram just to play this with acceptable frame rates.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4397231 - 12/28/17 07:40 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The game is unplayable. Not sure why they can't optimize things... I realize it is an alpha, but come on, Elite was out of alpha quickly and it looks at least as good as Star Citizen does but with far better framerates.

#4410031 - 03/11/18 11:20 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Same here! SInce v3, this moves like a heavy rock! i5 with 8GB ram and a GTX1060. Login takes for ever too!

Backed SC back in 2013 with a Hornet Tracker, hope they fix this because I too is losing patience with Mr Chris Roberts. Beside that, on kickstart they said the game would be finished in 2015, that´s three light years ago, and Iam sure they wont finish this year either!

But then, if you have folks buying $1,500 ships, well Iam sure you think your the God of the universe, just make more ships and keep on making more money! TBH I regreat every penny/euro I spent! I was just to hyped at the time (2013).

You want a real space sim, get Rogue System, a one man team and doing ALOT better then SC! Michale is a great guy too...
Steam: Rogue System

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4410067 - 03/11/18 04:35 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by Red2112

You want a real space sim, get Rogue System, a one man team and doing ALOT better then SC! Michale is a great guy too...
Steam: Rogue System

Red

What's the state of play of this now? I haven't touched it for 12 months or more,has anything new been added?

#4410265 - 03/12/18 07:58 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Yes, quite alot, (EVA suit added) and he is working on a "save" system too which he is squashing bugs at present and will be finished probably at the end of the month.

Change Log:
Current Change Log

Steam info:
Devlog and Discusions

Not that Rogue System has all that fancy SC eyecandy and what have you, but at least RS has proper physics for a space sim (think Kerbal).

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4421870 - 05/21/18 10:41 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Time to re-visit this fine piece of entertainment software.

It's been 5 months since I last touched it but I've kept it updated.

Firstly I get a warning about low memory,so I guess 8gb is no longer enough to run this properly? It seemed to run ok-ish 5 months ago,now it's just a massive stutter-fest. It is un-playable and as for the loading times...

To double my ram to 16 gb which is Kingston Fury Black will cost me around £100 .Maybe it's time to upgrade.

Last edited by Chucky; 05/21/18 10:49 AM.

#4421911 - 05/21/18 01:46 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

They just released 3.1.4 which is probably the last major patch before 3.2 drops. (no time frame for 3.2 yet)

The game still runs like junk on my computer. It is CPU locked to two cores (it would appear). So unless you have 4ghz quad core it wont run very well. They really badly need server optimizations but that was scheduled for 3.2 and has been pushed back to 3.3 or 3.4 (so 1 year out still)

It's getting really hard to continue to be optimistic about the game. What they have is fun but its not much content and it runs like crap.

#4421926 - 05/21/18 02:37 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: Master]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Master

It's getting really hard to continue to be optimistic about the game. What they have is fun but its not much content and it runs like crap.

So what's the draw?

Is it the potential?. Folks really, really want the game to be what they envisioned at the start?

Is it the investment? Has anyone here put big money in to it? Like many hundreds, or even thousands of dollars/pounds/euros/schmeckels? Even if you've only dropped the lowest possible amount, I imagine that still binds you to the game's fate, for better or for worse. But for folks that went for the high-ticket stuff it must be particularly infuriating. It must be difficult to just walk away after you're already in.

I'm not a backer, or player or investor in Star Citizen. But I've been following it from the beginning. The vision, and especially the crowd funding, certainly grabs your attention. The game has been in development for seven years! They have raised almost 200 million dollars. And as far as I can tell, there still is no game there. Is there? Is anyone happy with what they've gotten for their investment at this point? Does anyone believe that the vision is nearly realized? How long are you willing to wait?

To me it all seems a hugely expensive boondoggle. I won't go so far as to say this wasn't begun with the best of intentions. But I have the distinct feeling that the development team are in way over their heads, and now are crushed by the weight of investment and expectation. They are stuck. And so are the 2 million! people who have given them money.

All of it can be yours for the low, low price of...

I may be a dinosaur in the modern gaming climate, but I have never crowdfunded a game. Never did early access. I feel as though Star Citizen can be held up as exhibit A when debating whether it's a good idea at all. I realize there have been plenty of kickstarter success stories, and I have a few in my Steam library as we speak. But when I see people have spent 25,000 freaking real dollars on this thing I can only shake my head at the madness of it all.

I hope the game comes to be what was promised at the beginning, and I would like that game, and buy it. But I don't think that will ever happen.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4421938 - 05/21/18 03:29 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Thankfully,I have Elite for my space-faring adventures smile

Looks like SC is dead to me for the foreseeable future. I don't exactly regret buying in to it (I did it as cheaply as possible) but as Master said,there's not enough in it at the moment,assuming it would run nicely on my rig.

#4421944 - 05/21/18 03:53 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I hope they do get this thing out as promised and without taking several more years to do it. If it does come out as planned it will be one of the greatest games ever made. If anyone can run it at least. LOL
I've enjoyed Elite and X3, but the "living in the cockpit seat" experience is lacking. We need space-faring Skyrim.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4422005 - 05/21/18 09:13 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

The rub for me is that they continue to sell more and more expensive "concept" ships and claim the game isnt pay 2 win. But they went fairly far out of their way to make it so you cant buy a ship in the current version of the playable game. In fact that took out the ship rental system that was working when the PTU launched. Right now you can only play with whatever ship you bought with real money. They also have made all the starter ships broken or worthless. So if you bought the basic package with the starter aurora you get your arse handed to you by anyone with a 100+ dollar ship. The starter ships also cant do any of the cargo missions that people use to make money to buy armor, weapons and ship gear.

They have literally made the game P2W with expensive ships even though they said they would never do that. But it all feels like a scummy way to push ship sales for real money.

The longer this goes on without any even talk about fixing it and putting ship sales with in game money the worse and worse this feels. I went from highly recommending the game to people cause it was fun to play (and it is fun to play) to telling people to steer clear of it all together.

Maybe they ARE working on fixing the p2w problem but they are very vocal with the community with what they are working on and in game ship sales isnt listed. If you bring this topic up on their forum you get banned. If you bring it up on reddit you get downvoted to oblivion. People just dont want to talk about it.

Which is sad because the game is beautiful and a joy to play as long as you bought a 100-200 dollar ship.

In the past the argument has been you dont have to buy anything past the starting package for 35-45 dollars. If you want to buy more its because you are supporting the game development but you can play everything with just a starter package. That is NOT the case right now. They've gone far out of their way to make it so you feel pressured to buy a bigger and better ship just to play the base content in the PTU. That is scummy IMO.

Last edited by Master; 05/21/18 09:18 PM.
#4422063 - 05/22/18 03:52 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
That sucks, I know you were excited about the game. It isn’t out yet, it can be fixed.
There will be SP right? If it’s all PvP, that’s a waste IMO.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4422067 - 05/22/18 04:41 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Yea, they have plans for a single player campaign plus several expansion campaigns. I'm still really excited for the game because what they have is really good and what they plan for is amazing to think about. But the recently sleaziness makes me not want to recommend anyone else buy in right now. Just wait and see at this point. If it turns out like we all hope everyone will forget what is going on right now. If not, then I dont feel bad about convincing someone to throw money away on it.

I still follow it weekly.... It's a love hate relationship.

#4422252 - 05/23/18 01:55 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The single player side of this is called Squadron 42, and from what I can gather no mention has been made of it by the developers in over a year.

I hope I am proven wrong and that my scepticism proves unfounded. I would like to play it myself. But that won't happen as long as it all remains promises and potential.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4422281 - 05/23/18 06:15 PM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

It's only been 5 months since they did the vertical slice demo. Keep in mind the AI and flight models has already significantly changed since this demo.

and with commentary

#4422577 - 05/25/18 08:52 AM Re: Alpha 3 is released. [Re: JimK]  
Kazius Offline
Kazius  Offline

Was just reading some of the most recent comments. Squadron 42 probably should have been released by now. Normal development time for a lot of big games is 5-6 years. Kickstarter for Squadron 42 was 2012, so this should be the year it is released. However, we see very little regarding the game in the past 6-12 months so who knows. Last thing I read was that Chris Roberts was not happy with the games state / mechanics and a lot of stuff had to be redone. This might delay the release date but who knows, maybe it will lead to a better game in the end. The kickstarter was for a game called Star Citizen but as stated in a news letter, the single player game was renamed to Squadron 42.

As for Star Citizen, this will likely be another 5-6+ years. I would probably start from early last year which is when they started to do more hardcore work on the multiplayer game. The multiplayer game was not promised in the original kick starter program. This is an additional game promised to be made after the single player game. So in a way we shouldn't expect the multiplayer universe to be out until probably 2023 or so.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.