Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4421789 - 05/20/18 10:07 PM Re: AI aircraft dive limitation mod? [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I can confirm that a few hours worth of flying in a DI today and none of the enemy AI made the meteor dive move with BuckeyeBods -2/-3 setting. As VonS says, more testing is needed and I am not sure what else might be being affected in a negative way, but it's a promising start.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4421849 - 05/21/18 06:01 AM Re: AI aircraft dive limitation mod? [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
Sorry, it's in a subfolder. Look in the campaigns\CampaignData\Default folder.

BB, are you sure WOFF reads and uses data from this file (location)? I tried to delete it (for testing purposes) and WOFF have not complained and run campaign mission as usually.
I suppose we should edit/modify simulation.xml file located at "xx:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder. File located at Default folder is old, obsolete version, incompatible with current version of WOFF UE.
BTW, this version allowed to fly FE2b in fighter role, enabling following attributes:
permitFightersWithoutFixedGunsToFly="y"
permitFightersWithoutFixedGunsToFight="y"

That option is unfortunately not available anymore and FE2bs can be used as moving targets only frown .

Last edited by JJJ65; 05/21/18 06:57 AM.
#4421927 - 05/21/18 02:38 PM Re: AI aircraft dive limitation mod? [Re: JJJ65]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Yes, there are two simulation.xml files. One is located in the main Over Flanders Fields folder and is labeled for QC battles, and the other is in the campaigns\CampaignData\Default folder and is (presumably) for campaign missions. Whether the latter has been deprecated or not, I do not know. Perhaps if WOFF doesn't find the simulation file located in the \Default folder, it loads the simulation file from the main folder? To be on the safe side, perhaps we should alter the two values I was discussing in both files.

Edit: upon further investigation, it appears that Jara is right--the simulation file in the campaigns folder is ignored (sorry that I ever doubted you, Jara)! (Edit: I have changed my previous posts to reflect the correct information about which simulation.xml file to change).

That option is unfortunately not available anymore and FE2bs can be used as moving targets only

What would happen if you copied these to the simulation file in the main folder--anything? Or is it ignored?

Last edited by BuckeyeBob; 02/08/21 04:02 PM. Reason: corrected information about location of simulation.xml file

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4430998 - 07/19/18 12:29 PM Re: AI aircraft dive limitation mod? [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob

That option is unfortunately not available anymore and FE2bs can be used as moving targets only

What would happen if you copied these to the simulation file in the main folder--anything? Or is it ignored?

Sorry, I have not noticed your reply and question.
I tried that, of course, and game complained due to unknown attributes - this part of code has been removed by DEVs (probably because Gothas forgot about their bomber role and played fighters smile ?).

#4555339 - 02/08/21 03:51 PM Re: AI aircraft dive limitation mod? [Re: Hellshade]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
bump to thread...

A bit of shameless self-promotion here to remind folks that you can adjust the AI aggressiveness a bit by manipulating the simulation.xml file in the main WOFF folder, OR you can use my "Simple Little AI mod" available here to change the fightThreshold and withdrawThreshold values.

Be sure to read the brief readme file included with the mod and backup the simulation.xml file if you decide to try and modify the file yourself.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.