Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
#4418548 - 05/01/18 06:55 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Sobek]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by Paradaz
Forum? The definition of a forum is "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged"
I don't know what to call it these days, but forum is most certainly not one one of the words I'd use. I used to call it a message board, but the censorship doesn't even qualify that. What a bunch of administrative......

It's still a forum of sorts, it's just that the forum encourages a certain idea or view and any other idea/view that deviates from that is actively purged from the forum smile Snowflake protection --- but if this exists only for the English forum, then the devs aren't the snowflakes, or at least not the non-English devs.

Originally Posted by Sobek
Utter BS. The state of the English forum is not the doing of the russian speaking parts of ED, you can take my word on that.

This has been echoed a few times. Interesting. How much of the powers-that-be and/or devs of ED are Russian? Surely the Russian side is not completely unaware of the shenanigans going on in the English side?

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4418553 - 05/01/18 08:08 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Another post from these failures to add to the thread....

[Linked Image]

More so the "I haven't seen it and neither have the dev team.

Good thing I haven't updated to the latest patch.....BAWK (no that is not a spelling mistake) won't even Install and the last thing I want ED doing is shutting me down with an update so I can not roll back and then no longer able to continue on this thread.
Could be a conspiracy theory here gents. ED release an update, old mate Winfield here updates and ED pull the roll backs and at the same VEAFAIL pull out of development of the BAWK.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Great Circus of VEAFAIL use this statement almost as often as every other 3rd party developer when bugs pop up "it's not our day job we do this in our spare time" yet the countless time Chris has stated "It was working last time I checked"

Pathetic

If this was posted over at ED it would be deemed 'off topic" I dispute that claim, as this has everything to do with the 'damage model' that VEAFAIL have put forward to the consumer. How much more damage can VEAO do to their reputation as 'developer's? When it comes to the 'damage model' it is far better than anything ED\TFC\Belsimtek could produce.

#4418555 - 05/01/18 08:31 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Look at the "hype" these bunch of clowns generated.....Look at their previous coder.....the new one they have can't even pick up from where the last one left. (Now it's a complete re-code of the BAWK and it is still a farce)

It get's better and better for the "damage model"

[Linked Image]

We now have less than what we had when Tango left.

Does the competition still stand?? I can name a few things that have not been modeled even after 6+ years of development.....let me start with the Gun pod.

** Note, rather than create numerous posts tonight, I will just update as the night progresses***

And then there is this post from one our own respected members, pity it was not posted in this very thread for other 3rd party developers to see but I am comfortable that word has got around over the last few years that the ' other 3rd party developers ' are learning from VEAFAIL's mistakes.

[Linked Image]

The source for further inspirational posts

[Linked Image]

Let me see what is still broken to this day.....

"Flaps and gear down now effect flight model" - load of crap, I have proven this with a missing wing with flaps and gear down. Nose wheel missing has no bearing on the flight model

"Smoke pods"....non existent

"Aden gun pod will hopefully have it's texture by patch day." - the pod is completely missing.

"Aden sounds we are waiting on feedback for" - I have not tested as previously stated.....if it is missing, it is non existent

"Rudder sensitivity has been tweaked and is currently being tested" - Don't notice any difference from when I cranked up this POS 2 years ago so no change here

"DFM (Damage flight model) is being worked on following feedback from ED" - still is a sad state of affairs, it is a hit and miss as to what will be damaged when running into vehicles numerous times

"NTTR map ILS for airfields is being tested" - No idea....probably still BAWKed

"Controls indicator (RCtrl+Enter) is being tested." No idea, is this even a thing in any real aircraft?? do real aircraft show this feature on the HUD, Don't reply...it is a sarcastic response

Here have a go at this happy consumer of VEAFAIL that Pman mentioned in an earlier quote. The response from 9Lies is.....well expected.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes Pete.....of those 10's of thousands...that were are happy "back in the day" those 10's of thousands want their money back.

Another "satisfied" customer from 12 months prior

[Linked Image]

#4418556 - 05/01/18 08:38 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: - Ice]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by - Ice
Surely the Russian side is not completely unaware of the shenanigans going on in the English side?

Unaware, no but the English forum is governed by the English speaking members. The Russian forum is much more laid back.

Last edited by Sobek; 05/01/18 08:39 AM.
#4418557 - 05/01/18 08:43 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Surely the Russian side is not completely unaware of the shenanigans going on in the English side?

Unaware, no but the English forum is governed by the English speaking members. The Russian forum is much more laid back.

Until 9Lies learns Russian.....

#4418578 - 05/01/18 11:18 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Sobek]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

And are they laughing at the English forums just as we are? Are they not worried about the name-tarnishing that is happening on the English forums?

Winfield, can you please tell ST0RM and Ramstein to stop complaining about bugs because "it's a beta"? I'm quite sure they'll fully understand and will be happy with that response smile

- Ice
#4418591 - 05/01/18 12:22 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
Hahaha, got the message Ice. I'll remain mum...

Yep, I wanted to see what might have changed with the Hawk. But it wouldn't install, nor would either PMan or Ells offer a proper solution. So I'm done with it and VEAO. If the RAF are using their work, God help them.

Sadly, they along with a few other of the 3rd party devs have not lived up to any hype and produced a respectable module. They throw around the word "patience" when people inquire as to the status of their long overdue releases. Like its our fault they wont put in the time.

#4418593 - 05/01/18 12:45 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: ST0RM]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by ST0RM

Yep, I wanted to see what might have changed with the Hawk. But it wouldn't install, nor would either PMan or Ells offer a proper solution. So I'm done with it and VEAO. If the RAF are using their work, God help them.

Sadly, they along with a few other of the 3rd party devs have not lived up to any hype and produced a respectable module. They throw around the word "patience" when people inquire as to the status of their long overdue releases. Like its our fault they wont put in the time.

6+ years of development and not even the developers have a clue on what is going on with the install......wait for it......."last time I checked it was working".......and then the whole. "it was working in the dev branch" and last year it was "development is on hold because ED's 2.0 branch changes we are not able to compete with in terms of development so we have shut up shop, moved onto a more stable branch which is Dovetails Flight Sim World"

Meanwhile in the news feature of FSW it was publicly stated from Dovetail themselves that "we are working on the release of our 1st jet trainer aircraft" put 2 and 2 together and you have VEAFAIL DCS version and VEAFAIL Dovetail version. Out of respect, the consumers who invested in this POS should get a free upgrade to BluSky's Dovetail release of this bugged POS since the refund policy states that refunds will only be considered by the developer if it was purchased on the now defunct VEAFAIL store page.

Dovetail.....stick to trains, cut ties with these bunch of stem bashers

#4418599 - 05/01/18 01:06 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

No offense intended, buddy! I hope you got the humor/irony! smile

Originally Posted by Winfield

Moot point.
Read This!

- Ice
#4418644 - 05/01/18 06:59 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
*raises hand*

Has the Eurofigther been completed yet? These guys were working on that, right?

biggrin

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4418678 - 05/01/18 09:31 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

Moot point.
Read This!

Thank you Ice for shedding some light on the matter.

Originally Posted by Dovetail
Unfortunately, after many detailed discussions, we regrettably don’t see a clear direction that will allow us to keep to the development time we’d want, alongside the player numbers we need.

It could be said that "player numbers dropped severely once word got around that VEAFAIL were developing the Bawk for FSW....Given VEAFAIL's track record with their POS and the large drop in player numbers after the statement, development for FSW became unsustainable.

Who knew that VEAFAIL could possibly be the cause for the closure of FSW?

#4418705 - 05/01/18 11:54 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: - Ice]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn

Oh yes. No offense taken at all. cheers

#4418741 - 05/02/18 02:40 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
How much more damage can VEAO do to their reputation as 'developer's? When it comes to the 'damage model' it is far better than anything ED\TFC\Belsimtek could produce.

This +1000. Anyone who takes VEAO as a serious producer anymore should consider a frontal lobotomy. Even IF I do ever receive the P40 I pre purchased from them on 07/02/2015, I have a sneaky feeling it may

just Suck! On a postive note, by the time they get around to releasing it I may have a new rig with 64Gbs of Ram so I can actually see if it sucks or not. I am trying to keep an open mind at this point. rolleyes
I am wondering if VEAO can Smell, Taste, See and Feel the Sarcasm here??? whenpigsfly Probably the smartest thing for them to do is just lock the VEAO thread altogether and just post their updates now and again and allow no feedback. yep

S!Blade<><

#4418753 - 05/02/18 06:50 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

According to Froogle, Dovetail wanted 30% from 3rd parties developing for FSW. If that is true, then adding the 30% cut from Steam would have left 3rd party devs with 40% of their products retail price. It would seem that Dovetail priced FSW out of the market for support by 3rd parties.

So, while VEAO may not have the most stellar reputation, putting the blame for the cancellation of FSW on them is really a bit much.

Last edited by Sobek; 05/02/18 06:56 AM.
#4418755 - 05/02/18 07:01 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Sobek]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
According to Froogle, Dovetail wanted 30% from 3rd parties developing for FSW. If that is true, then adding the 30% cut from Steam would have left 3rd party devs with 40% of their products retail price. It would seem that Dovetail priced FSW out of the market for support by 3rd parties.

Have you got a source reference? It was my understanding Froogle died out 10 years ago. Why is it relevant to use data from defunct source of information?

#4418757 - 05/02/18 07:23 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Have you got a source reference? It was my understanding Froogle died out 10 years ago. Why is it relevant to use data from defunct source of information?

Froogle, not Frugal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ujKNoCVvVM

#4418761 - 05/02/18 08:25 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Blade_Meister]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Even IF I do ever receive the P40 I pre purchased from them on 07/02/2015

That's what's wrong with epople nowadays! They want to thave the things they buy immediately! Now! Now! Me! Me! Don't you guys know these things take time? Come back in 10 years! For the beta version.
biggrin biggrin biggrin

- Ice
#4418816 - 05/02/18 03:56 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: - Ice]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Even IF I do ever receive the P40 I pre purchased from them on 07/02/2015

That's what's wrong with epople nowadays! They want to thave the things they buy immediately! Now! Now! Me! Me! Don't you guys know these things take time? Come back in 10 years! For the beta version.
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Well, while I am at it, ME, Me, Me, Now, Now, Now, I am wondering whether I will be alive to see the likes of the P47 and Me262 from the Normandy 1944 Kick Starter debacle. Then again, I do need some time to save the $ to build that new Rig to be able to actually use DCS with a decent frame rate. sigh And to think, I am a "Baby Boomer", how have I succumbed to these instant gratification desires? I digress, 10 years is reasonable? hahaha

S!Blade<><

#4418840 - 05/02/18 05:44 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Blade_Meister]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I am wondering whether I will be alive to see the likes of the P47 and Me262 from the Normandy 1944 Kick Starter debacle.

We might still be alive at that point.... barely. smile

- Ice
#4418874 - 05/02/18 09:18 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
So now we know that these bunch of failures next venture recently collapsed like the Hawk code and every other excuse VEAFAIL throw out

Anyone of the few here left that are not banned able to ask what their next venture with a "primary platform" is is? best to not mention Dovetail or FSW directly......we wouldn't want to break the rules now.

Ask them in this thread here if you could. I am keen to see the reply.

Don't you just love the way Pete makes the company out be like they are on par with shareholders in the likes of Microsoft\Sansung\Apple etc etc. Only 1 person in this collapsed company works full time. The rest all "have day jobs" and it's a "hobby"

what invester would pour money into a company that only has 1 full time employee??

[Linked Image]

How to fail in business

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.