#4416239 - 04/14/18 08:45 AM Another 3rd party dev bites the dust  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Yet another failed 3rd party developer
Dear Simmers,

As many of you already know, the BO-105 is already textured and animated and it "can fly".
Due to my former coder left me, i decided to shift my project to another 3rd party which can professionally finish the BO-105 project which I was cradeling since 2012.

To be honest - There were a lot of up and downs in the last years but I think I made the right decision to handover the BO-105 to some really awesome guys.

Bad thing is - there are contractual negotiations lurking in the background, that's why I'm not able to drop any statisfing infos. All I can say is: Keep calm. We'll never give up the BO !

Thanks all for your understanding and patience.

Olli

Why are ED so quick to give out 3rd party developer contracts yet are so slow to to cut ties when their module fails to meet the contract. Specifically VEAFAIL

I have been following this module since The Fragger said it would be a free mod way back when. Now look at the state of affairs once an official contract is handed out. Just move it to the mod section along with the rest of the failures.

How can a 3rd party keep their 3rd party status when they palmed off the work to someone else to finish?

Source Code

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4416240 - 04/14/18 09:17 AM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Thinking back....

Originally Posted by Winfield
Originally Posted by zaelu
LOL... is that for real? That the texture artist PC blew up and... delay? In 2016 a business can bring this excuse? hahahahahaha...

As I said... it must be a reason ED tolerates such things. Maybe they need to keep this so called devs so they could attract more serious later.

Oh it's real alright....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162833

Also, I am curious why polychop don't reply to pm's regarding the status of the Coretex Designs F-18E, maybe it was either the infighting or they had a falling out with turbosquid regarding the purchase of both the hornet and gazelle? who knows, they don't seem to want to reply via ed forums or facebook for official confirmation.

What makes me laugh at the whole ordeal is the response from AVIOdev regarding the C-101 whilst i'm at it, "we do this in our spare time" same quote we saw back in 2014 regarding the superbug from coretex whom all bar 1 person left, joined forces and started polychop.......it is only a matter of time until we see "higher up the chain at VEAO"'s hawk moved to the mods section and the company disbanded, as will be Avio and polychop (no doubt in the not to distant future 'give it a year or so, you heard it here 1st').

So we have seen many "ED official" 3rd party dev's fall by the way side, Iris, CTD, Dave Kinney's "not so interactive" and the list goes on (will it ever end?) i'll add this to the new comers to dcs "lol at the ww2 retard who couldn't produce a turd after a night on the piss, and before anyone jumps the gun thinking it was only 3 failed devs thus far" I can name 2 more failed dev's not mentioned here already, no doubt others can name more)......probably the only trust worthy dev that has risen from the ashes is Razbam sims and new comer to the sim world Leatherneck.....or anyone who doesn't blame their short comings on 1 soul person like VEAO and avio did with Tango or failed kickstarter's like Kinney "not so interactive".

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?? yes there is, however that light is only seen by those who's wallet lies with Razbam and Leatherneck. Belsimtek are not included in this "update" as they are basically paid by ED and not by how many sales from aircraft released to the consumer.

So let's see a show of hands in the comments "1st day buy for me" or "i'm throwing money at the screen" like "retards" do over at the dark side when the next release of "up the chain at VEAO"'s or old mate behind the mask at Aviodev aircraft is released officially in a future ED newsletter

and then there was......

And this my friends is why 3rd party devs who have been around long enough (as in The_Fragger's case) to know that you do not "employ" let alone "pay" coders from other 3rd party developers working on other projects....

sounds like another Hawk\Tango\Chris (VEAO) situation

Dear Simmers,

We're closing christmas in a few weeks and I want to give you a little update for the the current Quarter.
Since I released the little Teaser for the BO-105, my coder decided to leave me since he is too busy with the Gazelle.
He actually was so passionated on coding the Bo-105...well

Heads up and never give up - I got some important update in the coming days/weeks regarding the BO-105 project.

Carmen Sandiego source code

With a bit of added......

Originally Posted by Clutch
"Passionated"?

As "Passionated" as Dave Kinney Interactive was when his F-35 failed on kickstarter.....actually....as your membership is quite new here and substance for 'post quality' is on the lower end of the scale....perhaps show the same 'passion' to your post here (or lack thereof) and take a look back at the track record of ED's failed 3rd party developers and consumer arguments towards those very developers.

perhaps it was a bit of.....

The_Fragger's coder (ex Coretex member\s which we consumers previously know as the failed E\F 'etc Hornet) can probably focus more time to working on a Eurocopter EC135 (AKA Airbus 135 depending on what era you grew up in) as that bird is more like how their P.O.S Gazelle actually imitates an actual flight model,

Miltec and sloppychop as the 3rd party developers in the above mess, probably need to pull the pin at ED and look at x-plane or P3D as platforms for release. In the same way VEAO did when they couldn't figure out how to code s**t in the E.D.G.E platform.

Cheers ED, don't thank me all at once but I predicted the demise of this module several open alpha's and beta's ago.....

Yet the question still stands, why do ED give out 3rd party status but don't take it away and move it to the mods section??

However Storm solved the issue outright.....

Originally Posted by ST0RM
A few months ago, they allowed a reviewer to showcase the current (as far as I know) build of the Bo-105. It looked quite nice, and as explained the FM was very basic.

However with the legal issues and split Polychop went through, causing a year to go by with zero updates on the Gazelle, its very difficult to remain excited for the Bo-105 being anywhere close to a release for another year.

Having any optimism in this hobby leads to disappointment. So expect nothing.

What many dont realize is that these 3rd party devs do not live and die by their ED modules. It's a part time gig that they work on AFTER their primary job or tasks. A low paid hobby if you will. So there really isnt a sense of urgency. Even the better freeware projects die off eventually from lack of interest by the dev. Burn out or shiny things...

My advice, find a module you truly enjoy and can utilize in it's current form without pi$$ing you off and fly the crap out of it. Use your imagination to make what is available, work for you. Create missions. If thats not possible, maybe its time to bail out.

Waiting on promises that dont come, only creates anger and makes you tired. The upper management doesnt care about you once the $$ is in their hands. They will produce results at their pace and timeline. And they've set themselves up with laws that protect them from any recourse. So....

yet my question stands......

Source 1 Source 2

#4416947 - 04/19/18 11:23 AM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

Ah....."and another one gone" indeed

This should be the DCS World 2.5 intro song for the Hawk module.

btd....Make it a remix buddy, perhaps ED can put the call out for public member guitar rifts, whilst complemented by screen shots of the end users who upload 3rd party failures. The winning screen shot with old mate btd edited public guitar rift get's a free Hornet module......

Love to see more bass from the latest hornet soundtrack with a bit of chicka bow wow mixed with 'Queen' Chicka bow wow

A fine example of "chicka bow wow"

Sound track get's me so mmmm moist to the point that I'd almost want to petition ED to bring back 'gifting' module keys

#4417652 - 04/24/18 05:27 PM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: Winfield]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
How you ever thought about just telling us how you really feel about DCS?

biggrin

Yeah, sad to see the main dev leave, but at least it seems to have promise of not being stuck in developer hell.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#4418075 - 04/27/18 10:31 AM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
How you ever thought about just telling us

Define 'us' I was speaking directly to you. Really....I don't care about who reads this thread.....fact is another 3rd party developer's module just got chucked in the trash can. end fact

#4420968 - 05/16/18 01:25 AM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: Winfield]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Don't care, never heard of them.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4424836 - 06/06/18 09:28 AM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: Winfield]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

I was looking forward to another heli to fly in the sim .... guess I will be waiting a while

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4425149 - 06/08/18 11:19 AM Re: Another 3rd party dev bites the dust [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
I was looking forward to another heli to fly in the sim .... guess I will be waiting a while

and me all so, last newsletter stated the merger between ED and Belsimtek, it quoted the Cobra.....that has been on the cards since the UH-1 was released all those years ago when I actually had hair before I got old. no doubt I'll be writing my will before I see another helo released under the ED banner

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.