Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4412514 - 03/24/18 01:47 AM How is the career mode and do I have it?  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Just looking for basic info. I haven't had this game installed for over a year I think.

I see the career mode talked about with the Kuban DLC. I'm a premium founder that only bought BOS, so will it come with my level of purchase if I download and install the game?

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4412534 - 03/24/18 08:27 AM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Career is a core feature so yes, you will have it too (I'm also a BoS only owner, had it in backburner for 4 years).

You will be able to run multiple careers unlike the previous server controlled campaign (which you couldn't reset/restart either IIRC, 1CGS told you how and when to play).
With this you can keep a IL2 pilot campaign running and a Bf109 pilot campaign so you can continue the adventure of said pilot depending on your mood of the day.

When you start one up you get a pilot created (you) with a pretty detailed background and you select what regiment to fly from (or similar for LW, I've only started IL2 campaigns so far, destroyed my sturmovik hitting ground and trees having to ditch each campaign try getting captured by German forces :)).

You can also check a box named "Iron Man" which is DID not letting you retry a mission if it didn't pan out as you wished for whatever reason and if killed or captured thats the end of the campaign (this is how I fly currently but maybe I will spawn a parallell campaign without the ironman checkbox just to be able to fly it to end).

Missions are as diverse as one can do with the scenario at hand and while you might get another "Enemy Ferry Attack" it doesn't really evolve exactly as the one you flew 2 missions ago. But yeah, a ferry attack is still a ferry attack (enemy crossing a river and you need to destroy that bridge).

You pilot persona will receive awards and what not along with your regiment pilots, those pilot names remain and you can follow how they succeed in the war along with you and sometimes they get transferred to other units and new guys show up in your regiment.

You get to fly one or two missions a "day" so when you're not selected to participate in a mission the "continue" is named "proceed" and the campaign will solve the all AI mission and you will still see the result and if some of you friends got hurt or even shot down etc.

When both missions are done you get to generate a new day (you will see what missions are planned and what missions you are supposed to participate in).

One example:

[Linked Image]

Edit:
Oh, and by the way - when you create the campaign you can select difficulty, level of frontline activity and if your missions should airstart or takeoff from runway.
I prefer runway even if some missions can cost me some 40 minutes (2x 10 minute legs to targetarea and then back home) and medium frontline activity but fly on easy getting to know the environment.

Last edited by theOden; 03/24/18 08:35 AM.
#4412628 - 03/24/18 09:35 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Wow!

Thanks for the detailed info! This is looking like what I hoped it would be back when I entered the early access.

I had no idea they had made this much progress in the career. I had shelved it long ago, and when I heard Jason was more or less taking over I had high hopes, but forgot about this title for awhile.

I might get my $100 worth out of this after all. wink

Cheers! salute

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4412655 - 03/25/18 02:40 AM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by Force10
Wow!

Thanks for the detailed info! This is looking like what I hoped it would be back when I entered the early access.

I had no idea they had made this much progress in the career. I had shelved it long ago, and when I heard Jason was more or less taking over I had high hopes, but forgot about this title for awhile.

Cheers! salute

Funny you should say that as I am just now feeling like I am getting my 100$ worth after being a faithful ROF customer and probably one of the first BOS early access customers. It has been a long haul but I must say that 1C has come a long ways and is actually producing a hardcore CFS. The AI still needs work and the career mission immersion still needs work, but they are definitely heading in the right direction, FINALLY! I am enjoying the career mode and am just now ready to really start learning a few planes and maybe even go online to see how the netcode is doing and see if there is anything more to MP than a big death match. Between BOX starting to get it together, TFS getting a person(worked on IL2 1946 Ai, so maybe ex team Dealdos???) to go back through the AI and Flight Commands plus 5.0 Tobruk and WOTR on the horizon from OBD, I am getting excited that I will have a hard time choosing which WWII sim to fly. That is always a good problem to have! biggrin

S!Blade<><

#4412710 - 03/25/18 02:11 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
The whole carreer mode is still in a Beta stage, because the Ju52 carreer does not work.

#4414484 - 04/03/18 02:45 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
dburne Offline
dburne  Offline

The new Career Mode is fantastic!
I have several hours into it now and love it, exactly what I have been looking for regarding SP with this flight sim. I am having a blast with it.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
#4415101 - 04/06/18 11:12 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
With the Career Mode: Does the game still have the “level system?”

If so, is there a way to go back to first level?

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4415106 - 04/06/18 11:45 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Blade_Meister]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
Originally Posted by Force10
Wow!

Cheers! salute

Funny you should say that as I am just now feeling like I am getting my 100$ worth after being a faithful ROF customer and probably one of the first BOS early access customers. It has been a long haul but I must say that 1C has come a long ways and is actually producing a hardcore CFS. The AI still needs work and the career mission immersion still needs work, but they are definitely heading in the right direction, FINALLY! I am enjoying the career mode and am just now ready to really start learning a few planes and maybe even go online to see how the netcode is doing and see if there is anything more to MP than a big death match. Between BOX starting to get it together, TFS getting a person(worked on IL2 1946 Ai, so maybe ex team Dealdos???) to go back through the AI and Flight Commands plus 5.0 Tobruk and WOTR on the horizon from OBD, I am getting excited that I will have a hard time choosing which WWII sim to fly. That is always a good problem to have! biggrin

S!Blade<><

+1 to both posts.

I also bought pretty much everything RoF ever offered, and preordered the premium of BoS. Uninstalled it for a long while and only reinstalled it after getting a rift. Tried a campaign (the old one) and got immediately fed up with it. I can't wait to try this. If it is as good as I am thinking, I may start buying their stuff again.

Last edited by VMIalpha454; 04/06/18 11:46 PM.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
#4415219 - 04/08/18 01:36 AM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: VMIalpha454]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by VMIalpha454
+1 to both posts.
I also bought pretty much everything RoF ever offered, and preordered the premium of BoS. Uninstalled it for a long while and only reinstalled it after getting a rift. Tried a campaign (the old one) and got immediately fed up with it. I can't wait to try this. If it is as good as I am thinking, I may start buying their stuff again.

It still has it spots that need Love, but I honestly have to think that 1C will get the AI reworked to a Challenging and Pleasurable to fight AI along the ride up until the BOBP release. If they release BOBP without reworking the AI I think they will lose a majority of their SP customers. The AI is getting better but it is a long ways of from the likes of WOFF UE or even IL2 1946. I am keeping my fingers crossed that 1C will devote more time and resources to the AI. TFS is now reworking the AI in CLOD Blitz so hopefully this will put more pressure on Jason to work harder on IL2 Great Battles AI and Mission immersion. Only time will tell. salute

S!Blade<><

#4415490 - 04/09/18 05:39 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted by Airdrop01
With the Career Mode: Does the game still have the “level system?”

If so, is there a way to go back to first level?

Anyone? Please?

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#4415532 - 04/09/18 08:28 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
No, all that cheese attempt of Loft for game "looks a WT" was removed by Jason management.

The actual SP Campaign system is what theOden describe above.

#4415567 - 04/10/18 01:09 AM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Thanks!!!!!

That will get me to look at this again!!!

#4416056 - 04/12/18 08:12 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Oh. Also: Is there a way now to get user made skins in campaign? (ie., German aircraft with swastika, etc.)

#4416067 - 04/12/18 10:18 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Yup, you can select a custom skin for your A/C

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#4416082 - 04/13/18 01:03 AM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Thanks again!

#4416492 - 04/16/18 02:33 PM Re: How is the career mode and do I have it? [Re: Force10]  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
I just had the opportunity to try out the new career for the first time. I loved it! If you liked RoF’s career you’ll like this one.

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.