Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 31 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 30 31
#4414827 - 04/05/18 09:38 AM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: cichlidfan]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by cichlidfan
Originally Posted by Winfield
Originally Posted by - Ice
Others have been banned on there too, for statements made here or in other forums.

I can confirm this as this is how I was banned.

According to the ED forum rules, the rule about posts on non-ED forums (1.13) was removed.

ah so if that is the case, than the original ban is null and void. If the original ban is null and void than my comments following the original ban in response to the original ban should see me reinstated to spit factual venom on the ED forums?

I'll put in a support ticket and post the response here. It may help other banned members at ED if they wish to state their cases however....I am not holding my breath on the matter

Let's see how this goes shall we

[Linked Image]

So far it's looking good gents.....

[Linked Image]

This live support thing is the best thing implemented since the memory leak......

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4414837 - 04/05/18 11:38 AM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: zaelu]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by zaelu
From the maybe 2-3000 people that play this game (which is very very low number in case you are wondering) there are 5-10 old grannies that just stay here and bitter. every single friggin time I log in here... same babushkas... yada yada yada yada... most of them look like this:

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Hmmm... so these users that you are "ignoring"... Are you really ignoring their posts, and therefor assuming that they are posting "bitter" "yada yada yada yada..." "every single friggin time", or are you actually reading all of their posts in spite of having them on ignore?

#4414840 - 04/05/18 11:50 AM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
If you are let back in Winfield they will use another rule to give you the boot, again.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4414846 - 04/05/18 12:14 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
that is an interesting development - I wonder if the developer will do something to fix their relationship with me, I'll wait for them.

#4414881 - 04/05/18 05:25 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
From the maybe 2-3000 people that play this game (which is very very low number in case you are wondering) there are 5-10 old grannies that just stay here and bitter. every single friggin time I log in here... same babushkas... yada yada yada yada... most of them look like this:

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Should be fairly easy for you to add the same babushkas on your ignore list then. So what exactly are you complaining about? Is the ignore feature broken? biggrin

You do know you are free to skip over forum posts or entire threads if it offends you or annoys you. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Hmmm... so these users that you are "ignoring"... Are you really ignoring their posts, and therefor assuming that they are posting "bitter" "yada yada yada yada..." "every single friggin time", or are you actually reading all of their posts in spite of having them on ignore?

Whoops! Seems like you caught him red-handed there, CyBerkut! biggrin

If he is indeed ignoring the same babushkas, for all he knows they've now turned a new leaf and are singing ED's praises. Somebody's painted themselves in an embarrassing corner with this one.

According to the ED forum rules, the rule about posts on non-ED forums (1.13) was removed.

Not before it has done a great deal of damage though. Have the banned users been re-instated? Have ED specified why they've stopped implementing 1.13? Simply removing it after years of it being active does not really "fix" anything nor does it invalidate the concerns of those who were hit with the ban hammer under 1.13.

Originally Posted by Tom_Weiss
that is an interesting development - I wonder if the developer will do something to fix their relationship with me, I'll wait for them.

I got £50 that says it won't happen within the next 5 years or until ED's management gets a serious shake-up. I hope you're not holding your breath on this one, Tom!

- Ice
#4414891 - 04/05/18 06:28 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun

I got £50 that says it won't happen within the next 5 years or until ED's management gets a serious shake-up. I hope you're not holding your breath on this one, Tom!

I am so out of the loop that if it weren't for you guys, I would not even know what is going on in DCS, so it is kind of a moot point any changes by now.

#4414896 - 04/05/18 07:15 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA

Not before it has done a great deal of damage though. Have the banned users been re-instated? Have ED specified why they've stopped implementing 1.13? Simply removing it after years of it being active does not really "fix" anything nor does it invalidate the concerns of those who were hit with the ban hammer under 1.13.

I never said anything about that. All I said was that the rule no longer existed, since Winfield spoke as if it was still in place. As for an explanation, ED rarely explains anything that they do, so this no different.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4414898 - 04/05/18 07:20 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: CyBerkut]  
zaelu Offline
MercInc staff
zaelu  Offline
MercInc staff

France (ex Romania)

I can see when someone quotes the ignored users posts.... then I can toggle to understand what they said in a longer exchange...

#4414900 - 04/05/18 07:37 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

We already waited for that. In fact, the dude that I was dealing with was rude when he read my side of the situation. Frankly, I could give AF if I ever get reinstated over there.

#4414906 - 04/05/18 07:58 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
it is time for all of us to move on, I already did.

#4414911 - 04/05/18 08:36 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

Looks to be that way Tom.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by LOF_Rugg
In fact, the dude that I was dealing with was rude when he read my side of the situation.

Looks like we both got the same 'dude'...AKA Norm\SithSpin\FourLiner

I like it how I need to apologise though to this this now 'paid employee of ED' over a forum ban but where is the apology from ED for such bugged out releases like 2.5, the 3rd party modules that are still half finished which ED endorsed. The list goes on and on.

Have ED ever released a statement publicly announcing they are ready to apologise to the community? Anyone ever been contacted privately by any employee in a private e-mail apologizing for being so sh!t? well I won't be apologising any time soon as the original ban is Null and Void.

proof again the ED have contradicted themselves on this matter once again. Being a paid employee of ED does not entitle one to have an apology for words said here at SimHQ over a rule that does not exist any more. It is quite unfortunate the this paid employee of ED who holds a personal grudge against me in the

DCS forums, feels that he needs an apology from me for words said in a support ticket.

I don't know what his alias is over there, heck it could be FiveLiner or SadSpawn for all I know,

#4414912 - 04/05/18 08:42 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4414914 - 04/05/18 08:50 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: zaelu]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida

I can see when someone quotes the ignored users posts.... then I can toggle to understand what they said in a longer exchange...

Hence the underlined parts of my question, which you still have not actually answered. I understand that quoted material in a 3rd party's post circumvents the ignore filtering function... but for you to know that something is occurring "every single friggin time", you would need to be actually reading all of their posts in spite of having them on ignore. You are, of course, welcome to use the ignore function. I encourage people to use the ignore function to spare themselves grief, ( but then reading all of the ignored posts rather defeats the purpose... and announcing on the forums that you are ignoring people, especially if you really are not ignoring them in effect, just appears odd, and perhaps even "bitter".)

#4414916 - 04/05/18 09:07 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: Winfield]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA

Looks to be that way Tom.

[Linked Image]

Not exactly shocked...when you make a request to be re-instated and make fun of the moderators name in your request...it's a no-brainer.

I'm not sure if you were actually expecting them to take your request seriously given how you worded it.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4414922 - 04/05/18 09:33 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: Force10]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Force10
I'm not sure if you were actually expecting them to take your request seriously given how you worded it.

I was actually being serious about the ban removal. This response from Norm proves that people in a position of power and control take their roles at ED just a tad too seriously. I have been called numerous words here at various times over the years, had my handle smeared.

but I don't respond with the words to the effect of "I deserve an apology for what you said" If I was a moderator either here or over at ED (god help the communities), I would find some humorous way of responding to the member rather than pull the "apologise to me" card like in Norm's case.

#4414923 - 04/05/18 09:38 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
I gave it a look - I would like to get in touch with them, have my account deleted -

but I can't find my way there, any link I might use ?

#4414924 - 04/05/18 10:14 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: - Ice]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Sign into digital combat simulator website > Support > User Support > Create A New Ticket > Hit Next > Scroll down to the bottom > Next again > Website and Forums in the Category > Next

Send your request there Tom.

I like the terms you have to accept about. They look like this.

Originally Posted by Some Douche Bag
Currently available the DCS 2.5 openbeta is a very early BETA version
please post all your crashes and bugs to forums

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=440

some crashes and bugs are already fixed, you will check them in the next patch

Don't create a support ticket about crashes and bugs in DCS 2.5 openbeta!!!

#4414926 - 04/05/18 11:10 PM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: Winfield]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Sign into digital combat simulator website > Support > User Support > Create A New Ticket > Hit Next > Scroll down to the bottom > Next again > Website and Forums in the Category > Next

Send your request there Tom.

I like the terms you have to accept about. They look like this.

Originally Posted by Some Douche Bag
Currently available the DCS 2.5 openbeta is a very early BETA version
please post all your crashes and bugs to forums

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=440

some crashes and bugs are already fixed, you will check them in the next patch

Don't create a support ticket about crashes and bugs in DCS 2.5 openbeta!!!

Thanks, I requested that my account there be deleted.

#4414985 - 04/06/18 10:53 AM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: cichlidfan]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD

I never said anything about that. All I said was that the rule no longer existed, since Winfield spoke as if it was still in place. As for an explanation, ED rarely explains anything that they do, so this no different.

1.13 is still in effect, as you can see from the response herein

I like the contradictory response but it proves that comments made on other forums away from DCS still results in the same outcome, even after 1.13 is removed or not.

Holding a personal grudge against someone rather than looking over the facts put forth, To me proves 4 lines short of a NineLine is unfit to be a Community Manager. Sobek, I put your name forward for the next Community Manager vote 2 years ago, however that resulted in a permanent ban under the 1.13 ruling which currently still exists hence the following statement

[Linked Image]

#4414990 - 04/06/18 11:26 AM Re: 2..5 Release Date ANNOUNCED!! [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
If you are let back in Winfield they will use another rule to give you the boot, again.

No doubt, however the next ban must be based on my merits from when the original ban is removed. Not on the extended bans that followed from the facts put forth that resulted from the original ban.

Fact of the matter is 1.13 still exists in it's current form as is it did when the original ban was placed.

cichlidfan, I have submitted enough factual information that 1.13 is still going strong.

If 1.13 was removed, I would be posting here that I am currently not banned from the official ED forums. That has not happened nor do I see it happening.

Page 21 of 31 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 30 31

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.