Now that I'm hitting end-game again in terms of my goals, I think it's time to expand my fleet. As I was going up and up in ship class, I would always sell my last ship in order to fund the next one, promising myself to buy that good ship again and have it in my hangar *when the time comes*. Well, I think that time is now.

My current fleet is composed of:
Imperial Cutter - mining fit
Python - pew-pew duties
Diamondback Explorer - 50LY jump range
Asp Explorer - previous jump ship before the DBE
Imperial Eagle
Imperial Clipper
Imperial Courier

My last 3 ships I just bought when the took away rank requirements for the ships and I bought those. This was before I was able to grind up the Imperial ranks to get the Cutter.

What I'd like to add:
Viper MkIII - my first pew-pew ship!
Cobra MkIII- a staple ship for all CMDRs!
Vulture - never really proved itself for me so want to try again
FDL - another disappointment in pew-pew but I'd like to see if Frontier has changed this recently
Type-9 - my good old trader ship which I'm told has been buffer a bit for trading
Anaconda - hailed as the biggest multi-purpose ship and I'm told would be great for running modules to engineers

All of these ships I've flown in and have been part of my experience in Elite and would be nice to be sitting in the cockpit again, but this time being able to A-rate them and seeing what they can really do. I might even do Engineer mods in a few of them!

Interesting ships:
Federal Dropship
Alliance Chieftain
Federal Assault Ship
Federal Gunship
Federal Corvette

This last group I've never really flown in but have heard great things about especially the Chieftain and the FAS so I wonder if they'll be a worthy addition to the fleet? The Chieftain I like the looks of and the Corvetter is essentially the end-game pew-pew ship, so both may be added to the fleet as well.

My dilemma now is how to go about this. The ships I'd like to add (Viper, Cobra, etc.) comes down to 280M or 246M with FW discount but if I'm honest, only the Anaconda and possibly the FDL would see any use. The rest would just be sitting in the hangar, but I guess that was part of the point. As I've tried out the Cutter in both mining and cargo fits, I wonder if I'd enjoy the Federal Corvette for pew-pew? Or am I better off in smaller ships like the Alliance Chieftain? My Python is currently fitted for pew-pew as well, so should I really be spending credits in this area?

My next motivation to do things would be for Engineers and as mentioned, my Cutter can do mining and get materials that way. I've got a Python for combat and collection of materials but is there a better ship for this (combat)? The Python is also fitted with a Wake Scanner for those types of material collection.

- Ice