Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4401372 - 01/22/18 03:58 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Not Bitcoin, but about another crypto-currency.

ACWA Power Adopts Blockchain Currency SolarCoin
(See the online article for embedded links)

ACWA Power Adopts Blockchain Currency SolarCoin
January 18, 2018
By Kelvin Ross

Saudi Arabian energy company ACWA Power has started to use a blockchain currency.

ACWA is utilizing SolarCoin, a crypto-currency that is rewarded to generators of solar power. For every 1 MWh of solar, the generator gets one SolarCoin. This means it can be adopted by large utilities like ACWA or a homeowner with a few solar panels on their roof. The only conditions are that the beneficiary owns the solar installation and that it is connected to the grid.

The move makes ACWA the first utility-scale solar generator to adopt SolarCoin. The company’s 50-MW Bokpoort CSP project in South Africa and the 50-MW Karadzhalovo PV plant in Bulgaria are already generating SolarCoins.

Chief executive Paddy Padmanathan said: “We are always looking for ways to adopt new technologies to add value and reduce cost in all that we do. Blockchain technology in our view offers a yet untapped opportunity for the power generation sector.”

Speaking this week at the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi, he said: “It’s early days, but we are very excited about SolarCoin and we are trying to persuade others to join the bandwagon. We have started to use it and started to spend it.”

Other companies already using SolarCoin are Solar Lux, clean energy firm Dubai Carbon and environmental consultants 5 Capitals.

SolarCoin was set up in 2014 as a reward to solar power producers but more specifically as an incentive to others to get involved in solar generation and drive it to mass adoption.

There is a finite number of SolarCoins — 97.5 billion — and they are only available for 40 years, because this is the period that the company believes will be needed to achieve their target of worldwide utilization.

Also speaking at the World Future Energy Summit was SolarCoin founder Nick Gogerty. He said: “Awarding coins to solar energy producers such as ACWA Power provides an incentive to continue to invest in solar capacity. We hope to see further adoption of SolarCoin in the region, with the aim of building a strong community and spurring a global market for renewable energy investment.”

Thomas Chrometzka, director of Solar Lux, which helps energy companies adopt SolarCoin, said: “SolarCoin is a currency with a purpose. That’s why it is a currency with a soul. You end up with money that represents your values, not your passport.”

I don't know all the details of how it works, etc.. The "currency with a purpose" twist is interesting. Anybody in here that has solar PV panels operating might want to look into it.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4531479 - 07/26/20 07:13 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
Jckwhk89 Offline
Jckwhk89  Offline

United States, Washington
Hey, Haggart. I dissagree with you completely. in my personal opinion, bitcoin is the most reliable thing and you are able to make a huge profit from it, but unfortunately, other people might track you if you will be making transaction, that's a disadvantage but where are a lot of bitcoin mixers on the Internet, this is special sites, which will hide your informations from the others. I found a suitable variant on the Internet, for me this is (Link deleted. See below) the best bitcoin crypto mixer[/url] the best bitcoin crypto mixer. I've been using it for 2 weeks and I didn't have any issues with this mixer, it's simple to use so everyone will understand how to use it.

I’m thinking this is a bot. I deleted the link. If the poster wishes he can PM me about reinstating it,

Last edited by oldgrognard; 06/05/21 05:20 PM.
#4531483 - 07/26/20 07:33 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
LOL

Necroman is back.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4531485 - 07/26/20 07:56 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Seems like another Bot. I’ll be watching

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4531518 - 07/27/20 01:20 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Point of information:

For fiat, what if someone suddenly decided that the USD had no value and the US government would no longer back it and instead would issue Trump Dollars and back that? All of a sudden, the dollar notes you have would have no value because the government is now backing Trump Dollars. What if someone suddenly decided that the Trump Dollar would also be as valued as Trump Coin and both would have government backing?

This was answered rather early in the nation's history, when it was decided that individual bank issued money was a really bad thing to have run an economy, and that the US Dollar should be our currency.

Everyone balked at the idea, as the USA at that point had very little gold and silver to back it's dollar (this was that long ago).

Then the government said that it would only accept USD for the purposes of collecting taxes. Sure, there was an exemption for Spanish pieces of eight for awhile, but it was US Federal Dollars for taxes. People could use chicken beaks or bitcoins or scraps of bark to pay each other, but Uncle Sam would only take greenbacks.

As a kicker, they made it to where even if one preferred scraps of bark for payment, businesses HAD to take US Dollars (which is why there's that verbiage on every currency bill) as well as chicken beaks.

Soon enough, people got the message from the government after a few tax foreclosures and some people winding up in jail for failure to pay taxes, and the demand to be paid in USD became universal in the country.

We don't really have a fiat currency. No, one can't get gold from the government for a bill, but the government can damned sure take your stuff if you don't have US Dollars. It's all stick, baby, and damned little carrot.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4531529 - 07/27/20 03:14 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Now we have bots resurrecting ancient threads in addition to people posting inane questions on SimHQ. The world is indeed turned upside down.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4570895 - 06/04/21 12:10 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
CameronGrah Offline
CameronGrah  Offline

Hi! Reading this thread, I understand that you are apparently not a particularly competent person in the field of investment, and in particular cryptocurrency. As a person who has worked for 5 years in the field of stock trading, more specifically in forex, I was very surprised when I switched to cryptocurrency trading. For we have some reasons to buy bitcoin. For example:
1. Investors are increasing their investments in cryptocurrency and especially bitcoin every day.
2. No one can abolish or ban bitcoin. For any electronic restrictions can be easily bypassed.
I hope that I helped you to understand at least a little bit. Good luck!

Send me a PM. Failure to do so will result in you being banned from the site.

Last edited by oldgrognard; 06/09/21 03:26 PM.
#4570899 - 06/04/21 12:31 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Please crash, and hard. I'd like a new graphics card.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4570937 - 06/04/21 10:45 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I think cryptocurrency is the 21st century version of the "Tulip Craze" from the 17th century.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4570960 - 06/04/21 03:16 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: DM]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

Originally Posted by DM
Please crash, and hard. I'd like a new graphics card.

We are in complete agreement.

(for once wink )

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4571339 - 06/09/21 02:03 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: CameronGrah]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by CameronGrah
Hi! Reading this thread, I understand that you are apparently not a particularly competent person in the field of investment, and in particular cryptocurrency. As a person who has worked for 5 years in the field of stock trading, more specifically in forex, I was very surprised when I switched to cryptocurrency trading. For we have some reasons to buy bitcoin. For example:
1. Investors are increasing their investments in cryptocurrency and especially bitcoin every day.
2. No one can abolish or ban bitcoin. For any electronic restrictions can be easily bypassed.

Why hasn't this poster been banned yet? I noticed that the post has been reported already. My apologies if the moderators are already on it.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4571342 - 06/09/21 02:26 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Chucky]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by Chucky

Why hasn't this poster been banned yet? I noticed that the post has been reported already. My apologies if the moderators are already on it.

Yep. stealth edited a spam link in.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4571344 - 06/09/21 03:26 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: CameronGrah]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA

Send me a PM. Failure to do so will result in you being banned from the site.

Just making sure this comment was seen. Giving you a chance.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4572625 - 06/24/21 11:38 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
They must be keyed into the mention of crypto... How strange

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4572626 - 06/24/21 11:44 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
They must be keyed into the mention of crypto... How strange

Crypto-currency is the current "fool's gold" fad where easily manipulated people try to get rich quick so I am not surprised at all that spammers are all over it. PT Barnum was absolutely correct.

#4615208 - 11/30/22 07:36 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
ZissLatz Offline
ZissLatz  Offline

Before investing money anywhere, you need to carefully analyze the investment object. Investing in cryptocurrency is a dangerous idea, but thanks to this, you can make good money. I have been trading for more than 5 years, and I have spent a lot of time studying; moreover, I am still learning new things. I recently started using the Spam link deleted because it's a very useful tool for every trader. To earn more, you need to use the best tools.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 11/30/22 01:15 PM. Reason: Moderation
#4615210 - 11/30/22 07:56 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
Thank you! I'm in the middle of selling my house and am going to invest the proceeds in crypto. Now I know where to get advice.
HODL! Buy the dip! To the moon! Lambo land!

#4615227 - 11/30/22 11:29 AM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Do you need to wear a business suit to be a metatrader?

#4615236 - 11/30/22 12:56 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: mikew]  
BD-123 Offline
Old Scroat
BD-123  Offline
Old Scroat

Naunton Beauchamp Worcestershi...
Originally Posted by mikew
Thank you! I'm in the middle of selling my house and am going to invest the proceeds in crypto. Now I know where to get advice.
HODL! Buy the dip! To the moon! Lambo land!

I'm going to take the advice of this first time poster and invest all the money i have been promised to receive (with just a small admin charge) by a Nigerian Prince, Yasser Arrafat's widow, and the 25 US marines who claimed to be the first one in Saddam's hidey-hole who found all the gold there. Taken a while though, but I'm patient.

#4615239 - 11/30/22 01:16 PM Re: Bitcoin is Melting Get Out Now [Re: Haggart]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
ZissLatz is permanently banned.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.