Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
#4392366 - 12/01/17 01:48 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Clutch]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted by Clutch
Why are the DCS forums by far the busiest forums on Sim Hq?

Much busier than Falcon 4/BMS. Much busier than IL2 Battle of Stalingrad.

The only forum that even comes close is the General Community Forum.

I find that intriguing.

Let me clear that up. Because folk are busy enjoying those titles. The BoS section was pretty busy when it first rolled out because of the unlocks debacle. But 1c/777 listened to their customers.
ED on the otherhand dont listen. They ban any customer that dares to voice their displeasure on their own forums and any other forum. They ban folk for pointing out mistakes with their "we know more than you do. We dont care if youve actually worked on a real A10. We're right you're wrong, you're banned" folk have paid a pretty penny for DCS products and they remain unfinished while new modules are rolled out. That is why this section is by far the busiest. It is because ED are inept. Wagner would be better served sorting out the ineptitude of the development cycle and forum moderators and listen to paying customers than writing some BS letter that tries to paper over the glaring chasms.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4392373 - 12/01/17 02:15 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Originally Posted by Johnny_Redd

I find that intriguing.

Let me clear that up. Because folk are busy enjoying those titles. The BoS section was pretty busy when it first rolled out because of the unlocks debacle. But 1c/777 listened to their customers.
ED on the otherhand dont listen. They ban any customer that dares to voice their displeasure on their own forums and any other forum. They ban folk for pointing out mistakes with their "we know more than you do. We dont care if youve actually worked on a real A10. We're right you're wrong, you're banned" folk have paid a pretty penny for DCS products and they remain unfinished while new modules are rolled out. That is why this section is by far the busiest. It is because ED are inept. Wagner would be better served sorting out the ineptitude of the development cycle and forum moderators and listen to paying customers than writing some BS letter that tries to paper over the glaring chasms.

LOL!!!

Again with the ass backwards logic. The more people are talking about a product, the worse it is... You're really funny people.

#4392375 - 12/01/17 02:20 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Clutch Offline
Clutch  Offline

SC
The Sim Hq DCS community is for the most part a Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone.

#4392376 - 12/01/17 02:23 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Clutch]  
159th_Viper Offline
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
159th_Viper  Offline

Texas, USA

It’s a real pity.

Was a great place in the good old days.

Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Airspeed, Altitude, or Brains; you always need at least two."
#4392379 - 12/01/17 02:34 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Remon]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted by Remon

I find that intriguing.

LOL!!!

Again with the ass backwards logic. The more people are talking about a product, the worse it is... You're really funny people.

Whers the triple facepalm meme when one needs one. Just shaking my head.

Last edited by Johnny_Redd; 12/01/17 02:36 PM.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
#4392380 - 12/01/17 02:34 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: 159th_Viper]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Originally Posted by 159th_Viper

It’s a real pity.

And yet here you are.

DCS Kickstarter
#4392382 - 12/01/17 02:39 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
159th_Viper Offline
159th_Viper  Offline

Texas, USA

It’s a real pity.

And yet here you are.

Trying to lend some objectivity to proceedings in case a newcomer to the genre stumbles upon these forums and takes the rantings of the 5 or so regular noise-makers of the SimHQ DCS forums at face-value.........

That would be an even greater pity.

So yeah, here I am.

Airframe #36
#4392383 - 12/01/17 02:43 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Thank God that's not needed at ED forums where thruth and nothing but the thruth is served.

#4392384 - 12/01/17 02:44 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Whers the triple facepalm meme when one needs one.

Exactly.

Last edited by Remon; 12/01/17 02:44 PM.
#4392385 - 12/01/17 02:49 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: 159th_Viper]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

It’s a real pity.

And yet here you are.

Trying to lend some objectivity to proceedings in case a newcomer to the genre stumbles upon these forums and takes the rantings of the 5 or so regular noise-makers of the SimHQ DCS forums at face-value.........

That would be an even greater pity.

So yeah, here I am.

I would think newcomers to DCS would visit the ED forums first. Im sure the smell of roses and general feeling of warm fuzzyness over there will sway their decision. No objectivity but hey its the possitive no objectivity right?

DCS Kickstarter
#4392386 - 12/01/17 02:51 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: theOden]  
159th_Viper Offline
159th_Viper  Offline

Texas, USA
Originally Posted by theOden
Thank God that's not needed at ED forums where thruth and nothing but the thruth is served.

And two wrongs all of a sudden makes a right?

Persons can elect whether to act like a horses ass or otherwise. There is really no excuse for some or nearly all of the crap that is posted here, some of it blatantly untrue.

Now I know that there is nothing anybody can do about it - freedom of speech and all that. What can be done is to provide clarity where needed so that the bovine-doodoo that is sometime served up over here is diluted to mildly palatable proportions, especially for newcomers, as stated.

Airframe #36
#4392388 - 12/01/17 02:58 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

I won't argue that we have loads of crap posts here but I find them amusing and I rely that any newcomer is able to sort it out.
What you do get here though is all true opinions, and they stay since mods here are top-notch and only slap people when going on person over opinion.

I've had a few eye-openers over the last few years here.

At ED you only see the manipulated happy-world.

(and who the hell spells truth like "thruth"? I must be drunk even before getting my friday beer)

#4392392 - 12/01/17 03:08 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: 159th_Viper]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Persons can elect whether to act like a horses ass or otherwise. There is really no excuse for some or nearly all of the crap that is posted here, some of it blatantly untrue.

Now I know that there is nothing anybody can do about it - freedom of speech and all that. What can be done is to provide clarity where needed so that the bovine-doodoo that is sometime served up over here is diluted to mildly palatable proportions, especially for newcomers, as stated.

You want to point out some of the "blatently untrue crap" you see posted here?

DCS Kickstarter
#4392393 - 12/01/17 03:11 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
159th_Viper Offline
159th_Viper  Offline

Texas, USA

I call them as I see them.

If you want further info then please feel free to stalk my posts.

Don’t expect me to spoonfeed you information - I really don’t have the time nor the inclination, sorry.

Airframe #36
#4392394 - 12/01/17 03:14 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: 159th_Viper]  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

I call them as I see them.

If you want further info then please feel free to stalk my posts.

Don’t expect me to spoonfeed you information - I really don’t have the time nor the inclination, sorry.

C'mon man, if you're gonna throw around accusations you're gonna have to back them up otherwise folk are just gonna think you're a troll. So where are the blatently untrue posts?

DCS Kickstarter
#4392401 - 12/01/17 03:30 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
Exorcet Offline
Exorcet  Offline

ED have listened. From what I remember DCS WWII modules were supposed to be a separate game. Customer feedback changed this. They've also added some specifically requested features into the ME like control of certain AI behaviors and aircraft skin previews. The initial release of the DCS updated saw them putting out rapid fire updates based on user feedback. To say that ED does not listen is out right wrong. Now of course they can't answer every customer request, so some go unasnwered, but that's a limitation of reality.

As far as being banned for saying anything negative, if that was the case then I don't know how I'm still allowed to login. I point out flaws with DCS AI, ME limitations, physics issues, etc. I've even directly contradicted the opinions of some moderators. I don't always agree with ED, but I haven't seen them go out of their way to ban people. In the past they were overly strict with forum moderation, I'll agree with that. It has improved in recent times though.

To be upset with ED is perfectly fine. They've made their fair share of mistakes and confusing decisions. I don't see why things have to be blown out of proportion though.

On the new DRM. I like the system we have already. I don't really see any benefit to the change. Having to check in every so often is more of a hassle than entering keys once or twice, and I'm sure I'll run into an internet issue at a bad time at least once and possibly be locked out of the sim.

#4392408 - 12/01/17 03:45 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: Exorcet]  
Monnie Rock Offline
Monnie Rock  Offline

Jacksonville Beach,Florida,USA
Hello Everyone,

If you have a active Eagle Dynamics Forum Account or, willing to create one, Please vote what you feel is an acceptable period of time you can be without connectivity and still use DCS World Offline before having to re-verify your account.

Please only vote there so we have only raw numbers to voice to Eagle Dynamics. Not a thread full of comments

My Poll:

Poll Eagle Dynamics New DRM Expiration Period Limit

Last edited by Monnie Rock; 12/01/17 03:46 PM.

Poll Eagle Dynamics New DRM Expiration Period Limit
[Linked Image]
Rack Rig:Rosewill RSV-L4000|Koolance ERM-3K3UC|i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock|Asus Rampage IV Black Edition|64GB 2133mhz|EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock|2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0|Lepa 1600w PSU|Win 10 Pro 64bit|TM Warthog w/20cm Extension|MFG Crosswind Rudders|Obutto R3volution
#4392410 - 12/01/17 03:49 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Will it have the same effect as when Wags posted what the customers wanted most and a dynamic campaign won hands down and it still never will see the light of the day?

#4392411 - 12/01/17 03:50 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Hi Monnie Rock , Can you edit the poll and add an extra choice

Infinite - just keep using the Starforce system we have now it just works fine

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 12/01/17 04:12 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4392414 - 12/01/17 03:53 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics - New protection system = the very definition of Bait and switch [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted by leaf_on_the_wind
Infinite - just keep using the Starforce sytem we have now it just works fine

LOL. Anybody remember the Mig-21? Aren't you being a bit liberal with the truth here just to bang your own drum?

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.