Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4387263 - 10/29/17 10:38 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: LB4LB]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted by LB4LB
Could you imagine Oregon playing on Boise St.'s field ? Some of the uni's are just plain strange. OSU/PSU game was great. My Spartans game back to earth. Ranked 16th, yeah right. UGA vs Bama will be the big ticket. Hope it isn't a field goal fest like many of the Bama/LSU games. Notre Dame is sneaking up too.

I for one can't even stand to watch a Boise St home game. Blue grass? No.

And I'm sure the Buckeye's would have won by more than one point had they been wearing their scarlet and grey uniforms instead of those 'blackout' garb.
Even Urban mentioned he prefers the standard uni's, but the fancy stuff "was good for recruiting". Really??

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4387264 - 10/29/17 11:04 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I think Kanye West and the Kardashians are designing the uni's and helmet paint schemes. biggrin

#4389317 - 11/12/17 06:34 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Whoo, what a day!

Auburn schooling Georgia (gonna make for an interesting Iron Bowl), and Alabama squeezing out the win over Mississippi State (2nd String FTW!).

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4389341 - 11/12/17 09:03 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
The Michigan vs OSU game will be a big one round here. OSU can still get in BCS.

#4389358 - 11/12/17 11:22 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: LB4LB]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted by LB4LB
The Michigan vs OSU game will be a big one round here. OSU can still get in BCS.

They WILL get in the final four. Not because they are a great team - they're not this year, but they have a HUGE following
and it the FCS is all about the Almighty Dollar.

But just to get in the mood: Go Bucks! Muck Fichigan!!

@Dart - Miss St came to play! That was a great game! Alabama proved they were better.

#4389367 - 11/13/17 12:39 AM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I'm a Sparty.. Muck Fichigan too ! The Harblow hype around here is nauseating.

#4389369 - 11/13/17 12:46 AM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I hope the B1G can get to the Natty. I'd like to see them score at least one point at that level of play.

wink

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4389377 - 11/13/17 01:36 AM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
He he. I'd like to see Bama come up to play in outdoor winter road conditions one time, up in the Midwest. Just to see what would happen. biggrin

#4389444 - 11/13/17 12:40 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Originally Posted by Dart
I hope the B1G can get to the Natty. I'd like to see them score at least one point at that level of play.

wink

Careful what you wish for Dart. Last time Ohio State played Alabama in the playoffs, we beat ya!

And speaking of level of play - good luck against mercer this weekend...

#4389669 - 11/14/17 07:02 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Well, hell, piper, we've been showing up to the playoffs just about every damned year, so don't blame us if Ohio State hasn't repeated.

Not a big fan of these IIA teams in the schedules. I realize why the NCAA puts them there - it's not to inflate IA team's records, but to pay for their athletic programs and to see if they have the potential to play one level up* - but still don't like them. The risk of injuries to our players is just too high for the payoff. Coach Saban has said many, many times he'd rather a shorter season than play them.

The upside is that it allows a team to play their 2-4th string. With all our injuries, those reps playing in an actual game against "cupcakes" is paying huge dividends.**

For an Alabama fan, here's the order of needs:

1. Beat Auburn. After a botched game, the front seven of the defense of Alabama could be selected to crew a Space Shuttle to an asteroid, drill a hole in it, blow it apart and save the Earth - and at their medal ceremony someone would say "yeah, but they lost the Iron Bowl." It's that big a deal.

2. Win the SEC. Nothing better than whipping up on family during a re-union.

3. Win the Nationals. Nice cherry on the top, but not that huge a deal. By that time our team is pretty beat up and it's going to be close if we lose.

* Troy is a good example. Playing LSU pretty much paid for their whole year's worth of athletic department programs - and not just including football, but the whole damned thing. The money for that then gets pushed over to other programs for the school that aren't athletic. Plus there are teams like Troy out there that can play football at a much higher level than their school size suggests. Troy pretty much dominates their division, and hell, they play better than Mizzou has in the last two years. If they had a larger student population it would be very difficult to say why Troy shouldn't be in the SEC proper.

** With no disrespect, "cupcake" is a term used for teams that are of little competitive ability. It can be abbreviated to ACC or MWC for brevity.

From Laser:
#4389673 - 11/14/17 07:16 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Alabama, the only consistent NFL team to play college football.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4389681 - 11/14/17 07:48 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
Alabama, the only consistent NFL team to play college football.

Hahahaha. Someone asked me if I was boycotting NFL games. It told them that I didn't know who that was - but they probably weren't very good anyhow since they never play Alabama.

From Laser:
#4389682 - 11/14/17 07:50 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
How about them Canes? We're ranked right behind Bama so you boys watch out! biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4389683 - 11/14/17 07:56 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
They are tenacious! Gotta love a team that just plays its heart out for the whole game and in every play. I really like that they play with energy.

Indeed, we're really suffering an embarrassment of riches in College Football this year.

From Laser:
#4389760 - 11/15/17 03:18 AM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC

Indeed, we're really suffering an embarrassment of riches in College Football this year.

I love it! That went straight to my quotes file!

Don't give a #%&*$# about this weekend. It's the next that matters. And sorry PM, I have no respect for UofM.
I lived in S. FLA during Jimmy Johnson's years when his players were in jail more often than on the field.
Guessing the river still runs deep.

#4389922 - 11/16/17 06:23 AM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I feel for Tennessee fans. I lived through the post-Bear years with Alabama. Hell, we had to fire Shula. That was an emotional event for fans - even if it had to be done.

There is a reason why announcers talk like there have only been two coaches - Bear and Nick - in the last 50 years.

From Laser:
#4389954 - 11/16/17 02:32 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Funny, you mention Shula, OSU had Cooper. Cooper was a good coach, but he was from the West coast. He never understood the michigan game.
Personally, I'm looking forward to Urban getting bored and moving on. Never liked his style. If Tressel could have only.....

#4389970 - 11/16/17 04:20 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Just don't hire another Saban assistant. smile

I knew Kirby would do well at season 2 at UGA; it may well be that he will thrive there, as he knows that program and is a good fit. Plus he came to the Alabama program with a deep resume to begin with.

But the records aren't so sweet in the long run for that.

The upside is that Kirby believes in a depth chart and working it. Teams that rely too heavily on a few star starters inevitably pay for it; if Alabama was a normal team we'd be sunk. Our starting front seven is down to three due to injuries. Lots of Freshmen and Sophomores out there on the field. We often shout "Way to go, new guy!" at the screen during a game. Say what one will about blowouts, but having the second and third teams play most of the second half against a Division One* team saved us.

Down the road, I see Coach O down there at LSU becoming a serious contender, if they hang on to him for a season or two. It takes time to put one's stamp on a program, especially one that has been rooted in place for so long. One looks at their games and just sees the teething problems - and the potential. Fortunately, the boosters and trustees like him, so he will probably be given the time.

One of the things I like about Auburn is that they understand what a winning season is. It's not a perfect season. It's not necessarily an SEC championship. If one goes ten and two, or nine and three there's no reason to get stupid and demand the coach be fired. That's a damned fine result.

* Yes, I know they're no longer split like that, but it is easier to think the old way.

From Laser:
#4389981 - 11/16/17 05:15 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: Dart]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Just don't hire another Saban assistant. smile

True that. Just remember, Saban used to be an assitant coach at Ohio State.

#4389982 - 11/16/17 05:31 PM Re: College Football!!!!!! [Re: piper]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
I'm a Buc fan obviously,,But one good result of the NFL foolishness is I started seeing great football on Saturdays..I think all the teams play a great game..

Russ
Semper Fi
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.