Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4381437 - 09/26/17 06:13 AM Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4?  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Well I sure hope so. duel Here's a claim by this article. I'm not sure if they know for certain or are just making assumptions.

http://www.gamersgreed.com/witcher-4-confirmed-by-cd-projekt-red/

Here's another that seems to quote CDProjektRed as implying its likely to continue.

http://fraghero.com/witcher-4-confirmed-cd-projekt-red/

Does anyone know if the developers have confirmed this? I keep seeing statements that Geralt is finished or that his story is finished. Poppycock! <---------(That almost looks like a Polish word) I know they've done all three games about Geralt but the story and world is so huge there has to be much more that they could do if they wanted. I'd love to play as Geralt again and or at the very least have some flashback levels where you play as him and I also would think it'd be neat if you get to play as him for part of the game as the inevitable "old retired AND tired hero monster hunter is called back to the Path for one last hurrah!"

If they wouldn't do something like that and if I had a choice in the matter, I would absolutely love to have The Witcher 4 be a prequel and have it based on Vesemir! With Geralt being 100 years old in W3, Vezemir if memory serves is a couple or more centuries old. Maybe like 400 years old?? I'm still playing Blood and Wine but its been over two years since I experience the beginning of the game so I forget. I would love to play as a young Vezemir and what would be cool is that being even farther back, the game would be completely set in Medieval ages. Geralt's time at the end of W3 makes it feel like the times are changing and the world has one foot well out of the Medieval ages and heading towards a post Medieval time. I would be really happy to see a game set way back before Geralt's story in an even more darker, grittier, more hostile and cruel world and time period. I would like them to capture more of the feel of the first game which did an excellent job with the whole Medieval tone and atmosphere. Perhaps towards the end of Witcher 4 we end the game seeing Vesemir being introduced to his new pupil, Geralt as basically a kid immediately after his barely successful survival of the Trials of the Grasses. Then perhaps some of the expansions could have a solid campaign and hours of gameplay where you as Vesemir and Geralt get to team up and ride the path together like you see in all the free comics CDProjektRed gives in their games. More time as a duo and fighting together would be awesome.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4381447 - 09/26/17 08:55 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I think there were more than a few hints from CDPR that there will be W4, but without Geralt.

Right now Steampunk 2077 is their big thing, so that's gonna be three or more years until we see something.

Agree on your idea (I think I said the some somewhere sometime ago)... a young Vezemir, when the world was darker, magic and monsters were more abundant, the wilderness not civilized. Kaer Morhen fully active, Witchers everywhere. Teaming up with a young Geralt would be the icing on the cake.

#4381457 - 09/26/17 10:57 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I definitely would love a Witcher 4. To date, Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4381482 - 09/26/17 02:04 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I still haven't beaten the third one, but I loved the first two. A fourth with Vezemir and young Geralt... that'd the fantastic.

If you haven't played the first two games, you really should. Especially the first one. I think the first was in many ways better than the second, aside from the combat; the second was short.

#4381509 - 09/26/17 05:37 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I hated the first two games. Even when they were first released they were clunky and hard to play. The story was good. I finally gave up and just watched someone else play through them.

w3 though was fun to play. I never beat it and it's been long enough ill probably end up starting over instead of continuing but its a very good game.

#4381511 - 09/26/17 05:44 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Agree on your idea (I think I said the some somewhere sometime ago)... a young Vezemir, when the world was darker, magic and monsters were more abundant, the wilderness not civilized. Kaer Morhen fully active, Witchers everywhere. Teaming up with a young Geralt would be the icing on the cake.

Yes! This would be so great.

To date, Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played

Me too Panzer. For me though all three together have probably been the best RPG games and experience that I have ever had. The whole trilogy is just great stuff. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion still holds a special place for me but that being said, Bethesda better get a clue and remember what an RPG is, what it's mechanics are and that they need to now jump ahead light years to catch up in interactive storytelling. They also need to know that they must deliver a game in the future that is not shackled to a once great but now long in the tooth game engine which is just no longer acceptable to use further in my opinion. They also have a great universe and lore that is unique and interesting. Sorry I got off track. It just really bothers me that Bethesda appears and behaves in a way that seems to show they are more concerned with figuring out how to make money off mods and putting out poorer quality games than in years past on an aging engine that has really only barely been updated.

Mr. Blastman I agree with you very much on Witcher 1! I had bought it years ago and tried twice to get into it but just couldn't understand it. I was just too overwhelmed at the time by its quirky interface and odd fighting mechanics both of which I now adore lol. It wasn't until years later and Witcher 2 came along that I got closer to figuring it out. The deal with Witcher 2 at the time is that I really struggled to run it on my pc at the time. After a couple of years and a new PC as well as MaceUK here on SimHQ introducing me to GOG.com and the free updated edition of Witcher 2 I finally got into Witcher 2 and loved it. I also had a pc xbox360 controller which really helped. Between that and a few tweaks to improve the game's performance I got totally lost in Witcher 2. I enjoyed it so much and wanted more of the characters and stories I decided to give Witcher 1 a try again. It must of helped that I had done it backwards because finally I got sucked into Witcher 1 big time. I fiddled around with some tweaks and must have mods and found myself totally immersed again. I was near the end of Witcher 1 when Witcher 3 came out so for awhile there I was going back and forth between the two which was kind of cool because Witcher 3 Wild Hunt was making some references quite a bit to things that were specifically from Witcher 1.

I ended up with almost 80 hours in Witcher one and now I'm itching to play it again. Its also still a beautiful game. Its amazing what they accomplished in each and every iteration of their series with regards to the engines being used. I'm now in the middle of my third play through of Witcher 2 and I'm still finding or seeing new things. I finished the story of Wild Hunt and Hearts of Stone but I'm still in the middle of Blood and Wine. I litterally have something like 600 hours in the game and I'm still not finished. I love how big it is. I don't know how long its supposed to be time-wise in the game between the events of Wild Hunt and B&W but I personally as a player have not seen Triss or Yen for over a year! Last time I saw Triss I was helping her escape Novigrad. We did the lighthouse thing but I've not seen her literally for something like a year an a half, same with Yen. I can still travel back to Novigrad and see Dandelion but he just repeats the same lines. I know I've seen pictures of all these folks showing up again in the story way later on I suppose in B&W but I've not seen them yet!

#4381512 - 09/26/17 05:49 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
FourSpeed Offline
FourSpeed  Offline

Phoenix, AZ
I just recently got on the Witcher bandwagon, having recently picked up 1 & 2 from GoG a few months ago. I thought the first one was great but I haven't gotten to the 2nd one yet.

Since I'm a cheapskate, yep and in no rush, I'm definitely planning to pick up Witcher 3 at some point, but there's no hurry.
Regarding a 4th version of the franchise, I think Coot's idea of playing a version as Vesemir would be very cool -- I like it!

Cheers,
4 <S!>

#4381513 - 09/26/17 05:55 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Master]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Master

w3 though was fun to play. I never beat it and it's been long enough ill probably end up starting over instead of continuing but its a very good game.

Why didn't you finish it if you liked it? Was it a bad case of gamer's ADD? biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4381515 - 09/26/17 06:00 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Coot

Bethesda better get a clue and remember what an RPG is, what it's mechanics are and that they need to now jump ahead light years to catch up in interactive storytelling.

I played Skyrim: Special Edition just a couple of months ago and I've been aching for another Elder Scrolls game but I've heard nothing from Bethesda. I hope that franchise hasn't been retired.

#4381531 - 09/26/17 06:48 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Master

Why didn't you finish it if you liked it? Was it a bad case of gamer's ADD? biggrin

I enjoy RPGs but after about 60hrs I got bored with the repetition and the fact that you are always overwhelmed with quests. So I took a break (maybe about half way through the game) and then when I came back it was just so overwhelming with all the quests and quest givers everywhere. I couldnt get back into it so I just stopped. But I want to finish but that probably means ill have to start over which means ill get overwhelmed again about 50hrs in... :/

#4381542 - 09/26/17 07:32 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I played all three lots, but now have put the series to one side for a while and am looking forward to (having played some 150 hours in the beta) Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Not sure if I would be interested in more Witcher tbh... though I did enjoy all three I think I want something more relate-able for a while. There are two projects CDPR have indicated are on the table before any possible W4 anyway, so not a question for any time soon.

#4381561 - 09/26/17 09:13 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Shameless sneaky plug for another developer: A lot of the (generally stellar) reviews for Divinity: Original Sin 2 compare it with Witcher 3. Certainly it is a very different gamestyle (party/turn-based and isometric), but it seems the depth of main and side quests, and the "coherentness" of the world are on an equal level. I got it installed but haven't yet had time to really start playing.

#4381572 - 09/26/17 10:56 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I have the same problem sometimes Master. If I'm too long away from something I feel I have to start over and then I get burnt out again at around the same time I did the first time. Anymore I just try to continue the game and try to remember what happened. I recently started a second play through of Rise of the Tombraider thinking a little over a year was enough time but as I got into it I just remembered too much so I'll have to wait a couple of years I guess.

I've got those on my wishlist RSColonel but I don't have any experience with that franchise. I do have Pillars of Eternity which I've enjoyed what I played but last year it out of the blue broke all my save progress. I read online and apparently many players had this same issue and its a bug that apparently the developers can't duplicate or figure out so it may never get fixed. There are a couple of things some people had success with getting them to work again but its not a simple or guaranteed fix so the whole thing really aggrevates and upsets me. I can't image what it would be like to be a hundred hours in and then all of a sudden that bug decides to strike. I re-installed and I'm slowly starting it again but I'm not sure how far I'll get.

I'm looking forward to Kingdom Come. I've got it pre-purchased too but I never put much time into the Beta because it just runs too poorly and now its a game beta version that is now way older and different than from what apparently the game is now. I really, really hope they follow through with their word and optimize it well. It uses the Cryengine I believe but I have good and bad experiences with that engine so its up to the devs to get it right. Knowing some of the folks behind Warhorse Studios some of my fears were quelled a bit but with all the delays and changes and postponing because the game got bigger and changed format and then opened to the consoles I still feel a little uneasy but at the end of the day, I think they are making a gem of a game.

Last edited by Coot; 09/27/17 07:20 PM.

#4381573 - 09/26/17 11:26 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
Never paid attention to the Witcher series until W3

But I saw a youtube preview and it looked like an interesting story with depth and detail. Which is what I like. What a game. Best game I have ever seen; I break digital interactive entertainment up into games and sims, GPL is still the best sim I've ever played.

W3 is rich detailed and beautiful as well. Fun, witty dialogue, multiple endings, and I'm playing again for the 6th time and still finding new things. That's pretty good stuff.

That said I have doubts about W4

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4381576 - 09/27/17 12:14 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

KC:D was a PS4, XB1 and W7+ x64 title from the first announcement of the kickstarter in 2014 (and there likely wouldn't be any game without the console versions). There was also a planned OS-X/linux version postponed because of technical issues that dwarved those of a console dev path.

It isn't the case that dev was 'held back' in order to add in console versions. Even on PC, bugfixing and refinement is still ongoing.

#4381591 - 09/27/17 03:05 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I can't see flagship franchises like The Witcher and the Elder Scrolls being discontinued, unless maybe their developers go under.

It is however likely to take another 4 or 5 years before we see their sequels as both of them need a brand new engine, and that can only add to the development time.

#4381744 - 09/27/17 07:39 PM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I wouldn't mind another Blood and Wine sized surprise expansion. I think it would be very nice if they would model the Witcher 1 locations with the Witcher 3 engine in the expansion. I figure they figured the players had enough time in Vizima, the Outskirts and the Swamp area in Witcher 1 so since they did that already I guess that's why you can only visit the palace area of Vizima in Witcher 3. It would be great fun to revisit there with the newer engine and with a whole new quest line though. If they could also somehow add that into what they've already done like the other expansions that would be outstanding because then it would connect all areas of the map in the Witcher 3 series. I didn't realize this until well into the game but if you ride as far as you can West while in White Orchard you can see the outlines of building and burning lights of Vizima off in the distance. I think the first time I noticed that I was riding more or less in real time everywhere to roleplay a little heavier which also happens to add to the exploration potential for the game experience and add a little fatigue to give the sense of a working Witcher going to and fro, always on the move and tired or traveling. A thunderstorm started blowing in and getting dark and I could see the lights of Vizima off in the distance.

Last edited by Coot; 09/27/17 07:44 PM.

#4381829 - 09/28/17 10:58 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
It's not likely to happen really, but if they wanted to do another expansion for W3, then yeah, put it in Vizima, staring Ciri as the empress to be, mixed in some intrigue and magic/monsters.

#4381830 - 09/28/17 11:03 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'm surprised that Hollywood hasn't made a film adaptation of the Witcher yet. I think it could be really great if the right people are involved.

Yes, I know about the low budget European film that was made several years ago.

#4381831 - 09/28/17 11:08 AM Re: Do you think we'll see The Witcher 4? [Re: Coot]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

There is a Netflix project under way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.