Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
#4378960 - 09/11/17 01:15 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Glad to hear good news. Wonder if Magnum will check in soon.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4378984 - 09/11/17 03:53 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
All of Georgia and most of Alabama and South Carolina are right now covered up in the tropical remnants of Irma!

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4379000 - 09/11/17 05:09 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: oldgrognard]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Yep. Reports from my friends are good for our area. My house is undamaged and we have power. Good news.

I'll fly back home tomorrow.

Some nastiness coming your It looks like.

I can't say enough good about the MyRadar App and the Hurricane overlay. I was getting better data from it than a bunch of other sites, and especially TV, combined.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4379022 - 09/11/17 07:09 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Glad to hear good news. Wonder if Magnum will check in soon.

I hope so. I have messaged him and awaiting response. After seeing some of the Naples aftermath images I'm feeling a little worried.

Last edited by Tigerwulf; 09/11/17 07:12 PM.
#4379023 - 09/11/17 07:11 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
I thought Chuck, Magnum retired and decided to take his motorcycle and follow some of the racing circuits.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4379024 - 09/11/17 07:13 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
He did and does but still lives in Naples.

Last edited by Tigerwulf; 09/11/17 07:13 PM.
#4379037 - 09/11/17 08:34 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
saghen Offline
saghen  Offline

USA
He hasn't visited SimHQ in months, going by member search. Hopefully he'll come back and respond. His blog says he's pretty much given up gaming, so who knows.

#4379040 - 09/11/17 09:17 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
I had messaged him on Twitter, it's where we message the most so hopefully he'll be able to let us know soon.

#4379044 - 09/11/17 09:39 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
The Florida Keys is "closed for repairs" for maybe two weeks or more.

" “My heart goes out to the people in the Keys,” Scotts says, noting there’s no water, power or sewers"

“For most of the Florida Keys, there is no fuel, electricity, running water, or cell service,” Monroe County officials said in a news release"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Whale Harbor, Keys before storm

[Linked Image]
the storm begins

"everything lives by a law, a central balance sustains all"
#4379047 - 09/11/17 10:11 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The drop in temperature that Irma brought with her into Alabama means the first use of a jacket since February and, more importantly, no chance of tornadoes to go with the winds and rain.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4379049 - 09/11/17 10:31 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
That has been one huge wet air tropical cyclone, especially for the last 24 hours when it kinda of absorbed the remnants of a stalled cold front. I have seen/observed, dealt with, or ran from many serious hurricanes in the last couple of decades this one......

For the last day this one has just been ENOURMOUS!

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4379050 - 09/11/17 10:48 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
I miss the coast. I grew up in Corpus Christi - "sparkling city by the sea". I miss the smell of seaweed on the beach - i miss the smell of the coast. I miss walking into a marina like Whale Harbor and sitting down to some beer and fresh fish.

I also miss a good tropical storm ....not the kind that forces you out of your house but just sweeps the coast and reminds you to maintain respect for the "wildness" of the barrier islands.

#4379060 - 09/12/17 12:28 AM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
When I rode out Katrina in a workboat (docked inshore not offshore...110" of serious steel....and it still SUCKED). I had a true cajun mate on the boat. When everything started settling down...after about 18 hours of imagined hell, amazement at the power of nature, and the big sigh of relief; we went outside to look around.

The slip was jampacked with weeds, junk, tires, dead/dying birds etc. My mate says.."That's how mother nature cleans the bayous...with hurricanes."

One of the few intelligent observations this guy ever made.

I hope Magnum is ok. All mine are good with assorted damage, power out etc. Has to be a lot more dead in the Keys/S. Florida than I have heard so far.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4379063 - 09/12/17 12:48 AM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Almost no one in my immediate circle in FL is without some kind of damage.

That circle runs from Sebastian, FL to Inverness, FL.

Including, Tampa, Orlando, Daytona Beach, Melbourne...Indialantic. This huge mutha kicked serious butt on the east coast of FL while running up the west coast.

It kicked FL's ASS from Key West to Jacksonville.....and we got LUCKY when it went onshore at Marco Island and kept heading NORTH over "land" (lotsa water inland...but Hurricanes LOVE that hot salt water), I relaxed a bit when it had Lakeland, FL in it's sights.

So sorry for the folks in the Keys and the the rest of S. Florida, especially SW FL. I feel very lucky tonite.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4379071 - 09/12/17 01:29 AM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
You and many others lucky Nixer and i too hope Magnum and others are safe. Anyone who lives on the coast and especially on small islands knows the risks. They accept those risks and they know what can happen. If any don't - well sooner or later they'll find out. Your friend is right - Hurricanes clean up and the strong survive. It's as nature intended but of course it scatters human made things all over the place.

Hurricane Celia 1970 - we rode it out in Corpus Christi in a small wood-frame house (no brick).
"The most severe damage was in Corpus Christi and Aransas Pass. Throughout the state, 8,950 homes were destroyed and it damaged about 55,650 others. Due to high winds, 85% of the total property damage caused by the storm occurred in Corpus Christi, with 90% of the buildings in downtown either damaged or destroyed"

Yet despite the dangers we call it "home" and many would not want to live any place else.

[Linked Image]

#4379150 - 09/12/17 01:51 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I got very lucky with Irma. No damage at all to my house and I only lost power for a couple of hours on Saturday and my ISP was down for most of Sunday.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4379172 - 09/12/17 03:04 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Haggart Offline
I Fought Diablo
Haggart  Offline
I Fought Diablo
Veteran

The Lone Star State
Glad you came out ok Panzer

#4379173 - 09/12/17 03:05 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks Haggart!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4379178 - 09/12/17 03:17 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Haggart]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Got lucky Panzer, glad to hear from you.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4379180 - 09/12/17 03:28 PM Re: Hurricane Irma - Florida Declares State of Emergency (location, wind speed & b. pressure, movement auto-updates) [Re: Nixer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Nixer
Got lucky Panzer, glad to hear from you.
. Thanks Nixer. I'm glad to see you are also ok. I'm just glad I don't live in Key Biscayne or Miami Beach!

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.