Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
#4375856 - 08/22/17 01:15 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Approaching meekly, eyes turned to the floor, Robert hands the cricket bat to Lou, still dripping with suds and explains " I borrowed it to stir the vat of wort!

I say let the man in!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 08/22/17 02:04 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4375901 - 08/22/17 05:18 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Si

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4375935 - 08/22/17 07:18 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Banjoman]  
Dezh Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club
Dezh  Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club

Hampshire, United Kingdom

As the only BWOC official, in the absence of our much-missed Lou and Olham, I hereby declare (and I'm here by de bar ahead of the stampede) that Jeff is now a member of the Barmy Offers Club.

Mine's a double Cragganmore with no water mind ye. Robert you may do the honours with the bat WHEN I've got my drink out of the way.

BTW MFair, those questions are entirely the wrong way around for a BOC member... you should always start with 'Where's my drink!'

Let drinking commence continue.

Dej

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song
#4375939 - 08/22/17 08:00 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
Thanks much everyone!!!!

Allright then....since I'm getting this round, let me see:

Capt Sopwith, here you are....since you are likely the youngest, I gave you an amount that probably is appropriate:

[Linked Image]

JUST KIDDIN'!

[Linked Image]

Ha ha, it seems MFair is more interested in spanking...haven't had this much trepidation since my fraternity days...looks like ol' Robert_Wiggins is an enabler....but not after the homebrew is taken care of!

[Linked Image]

I know RAF_Louvert can't be here (I wish him well!), but in a previous thread he said he would like "Tullamore Dew in my next cup of coffee "...

[Linked Image]

...and Dezh would like a double Cragganmore no water (ooh that one might burn a bit wink )...

[Linked Image]

Banjoman chimed in with a "si"....

[Linked Image]

...and HumanDrone....probably out droning or something, but earlier he wanted a Guinness

[Linked Image]

...and to everyone else (Ace_Pilto, I didn't get your order wink ):

[Linked Image]

(yes, the faces of the innocent were blotted out!)

cheers beercheers

Regards, and thanks!

Jeff

WOFF:UE Computer Specs and set-up:
Homebuilt Computer!
Intel i5-3570k mildly overclocked to 3.8ghz
AsRock Z75 mobo
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA one fan version)
16 GB RAM
42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV with 120hz refresh
Very old (over 20 years now) Aiwa Receiver/Amplifier
Very old giant stereo speakers with newer sub-woofer
Very old Logitech Wingman joystick with two buttons and a throttle slider
Very old CH Thurstmaster analog footpedals
Manhattan analog/USB converter
W10
#4375946 - 08/22/17 08:56 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Now here's a man that knows how to spread cheer!! May I be the fist to say Welcome to the BWOC.
I'll have 2 fingers of Lagavulin neat please.

(System_Specs)

#4375947 - 08/22/17 08:57 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Jesh,

WelcomeandmushthaanksssfortheGuiness.
bottles

I'm a little late but <sobs> I'd have voted for ye anyway, matey! <throws an arm around sheff and leans in, somewhat off equilibrium> yer one uv thu good ones, ya know, yea, one uv da good ones...

And I'm NOT drunk. I've only had one (30 gallon) Guiness!

(All seriosuness aside, that was one of the best virtual rounds we've ever been served!)

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4375951 - 08/22/17 09:31 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
Your ability to find a picture of a drink named Banjo means, at least to me, that you were born to be a member of the BOC.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4375952 - 08/22/17 09:50 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Guinness, Cragganmore, Lagavulin...

As my grandfather (2 Kings Own Scottish Borderers and 7/8 KOSB, 1915-1918) would have said, "Aye, I'll cast a vote for the new lad. Jes' a wee dram. Not too much. Ach, ye'll sell mair whuskey if ye fill the glass, man. Aye there's the stuff take feed the troops. Gaes roon' yer hayrt like a hairy wurrum."

Welcome aboard. Robert, lay on!

#4375983 - 08/23/17 01:00 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Raine]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
@HumanDrone....you sound like I looked in RL when I drank a fifth of peppermint schnapps in one sitting many years ago...that did not end well for me, lol wink

@Robert_Wiggins...thanks sir!:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Banjoman
Your ability to find a picture of a drink named Banjo means, at least to me, that you were born to be a member of the BOC.

Thanks Banjoman! Glad you approve smile

Originally Posted by Raine
Guinness, Cragganmore, Lagavulin...

As my grandfather (2 Kings Own Scottish Borderers and 7/8 KOSB, 1915-1918) would have said, "Aye, I'll cast a vote for the new lad. Jes' a wee dram. Not too much. Ach, ye'll sell mair whuskey if ye fill the glass, man. Aye there's the stuff take feed the troops. Gaes roon' yer hayrt like a hairy wurrum."

Welcome aboard. Robert, lay on!

Thanks Raine! Wait...what....Robert, lay on?....uh oh.

Last edited by stljeffbb; 08/23/17 01:03 AM.

Homebuilt Computer!
AsRock Z75 mobo
16 GB RAM
W10
#4375991 - 08/23/17 01:33 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Sheesh, Raine that's some mighty fine Scottish! Love it!

Jeff, I'm as pretend a drunk as can be. Only once in my life was I even close to being drunk, and i didn't like it. And well I recall a fellow in college who did what you did, and when I say it wasn't pretty, I mean the kid could've freakin' died, and we were too stupid to realize it. Thank God he didn't. We were in a hotel on an ROTC base visit. He was bunking with me and he'd had substances coming from every orifice in various places around the room throughout the night. So the next morning I let him sleep as long as I could, then I went up to the room, and woke him up by pounding on the hollow metal door like I was going to go through it. Sweet, merciful type, that's me! Or at least 17 year old me!

I'm such a non-drinker I thought I'd have to avow my Irish heritage! But then I found that I like a good, fresh Guinness, and so managed to keep my Irish pride!

Best,

Tom

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4375995 - 08/23/17 01:50 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: HumanDrone]  
stljeffbb Offline
stljeffbb  Offline

Wisconsin USA
Originally Posted by HumanDrone
Sheesh, Raine that's some mighty fine Scottish! Love it!

Jeff, I'm as pretend a drunk as can be. Only once in my life was I even close to being drunk, and i didn't like it. And well I recall a fellow in college who did what you did, and when I say it wasn't pretty, I mean the kid could've freakin' died, and we were too stupid to realize it. Thank God he didn't. We were in a hotel on an ROTC base visit. He was bunking with me and he'd had substances coming from every orifice in various places around the room throughout the night. So the next morning I let him sleep as long as I could, then I went up to the room, and woke him up by pounding on the hollow metal door like I was going to go through it. Sweet, merciful type, that's me! Or at least 17 year old me!

I'm such a non-drinker I thought I'd have to avow my Irish heritage! But then I found that I like a good, fresh Guinness, and so managed to keep my Irish pride!

Best,

Tom

I hear ya Tom and admire your non-drunkenness! Well, I've had my moments....the peppermint schnapps was a college adventure, and when I studied in England, I tell you EVERYONE I met drank, and many drank a lot. Heck, they have bars in each of the dorms (they call them "Colleges"), and the profs join right in with the students (well this was in the 1990s).

And well now I'm a family man and busy with five kids on top of what I do for a career (a long story, but lets say for now that I am very active in my community and run many programs)...also, the culture here in southern Wisconsin is rather alcohol-heavy in my opinion, but my wife and I do not drink nearly as much as many others I know. I drink responsibly and never drive when I've even had just one, etc., blah, etc.

But I will say, in real life, I will occasionally get one of these to mix with my Coca-cola:

[Linked Image]

...it's one of those 50ml "Nips"....once I've had one of those, it is enough for me!

Regards,

Jeff

Last edited by stljeffbb; 08/23/17 01:51 AM.

Homebuilt Computer!
AsRock Z75 mobo
16 GB RAM
W10
#4376310 - 08/25/17 10:46 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Ace_Pilto Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Ace_Pilto  Offline
Livestreamer/YouTuber

Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
I tend to stay off the hard stuff, the MP's and I are on a first name basis after the last few leaves. Make mine tall cold and frosty will you and welcome to the club.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
#4376815 - 08/29/17 02:27 AM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ARUP Offline
ARUP  Offline

Kentucky
S! Cheers!

#4376883 - 08/29/17 03:16 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: stljeffbb]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted by stljeffbb
Thanks much everyone!!!!

Allright then....since I'm getting this round, let me see:

Capt Sopwith, here you are....since you are likely the youngest, I gave you an amount that probably is appropriate:

Good man, Jeff! I'm not so sure if I am the youngest anymore... used to be, but at 35 I sure hope there are some new folks coming up behind me!
biggrin

Last edited by CaptSopwith; 08/29/17 03:17 PM.
#4376884 - 08/29/17 03:18 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins
Now here's a man that knows how to spread cheer!! May I be the fist to say Welcome to the BWOC.

Robert, I need to try this drink of yours. I've been intrigued by it since I saw Ron Swanson enjoying it on Parks and Rec...

#4376907 - 08/29/17 05:44 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: CaptSopwith]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
A
Originally Posted by CaptSopwith
Originally Posted by Robert_Wiggins

Robert, I need to try this drink of yours. I've been intrigued by it since I saw Ron Swanson enjoying it on Parks and Rec...

Ah, it's very smooth with a strong peaty note. Especially enjoyable in the winter months and particularly goes well following a cup oh hot Lapsang Sou Chong Chinese black tea.

I would say of both of them, you either thoroughly will enjoy it or never come back to it again!!
Aging palates find it more enjoyable.

A splash of water in the Lagavulin really brings out the flavour.

Cheers

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 08/29/17 05:46 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4376930 - 08/29/17 07:14 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: Dezh]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

Originally Posted by Dezh

As the only BWOC official, in the absence of our much-missed Lou and Olham, I hereby declare (and I'm here by de bar ahead of the stampede) that Jeff is now a member of the Barmy Offers Club.

Mine's a double Cragganmore with no water mind ye. Robert you may do the honours with the bat WHEN I've got my drink out of the way.

BTW MFair, those questions are entirely the wrong way around for a BOC member... you should always start with 'Where's my drink!'

Let drinking commence continue.

Dej

Ok Dej' let's see if I can rectify my situation. "I have my drink. I'm ready for my spanking, here is the bat!" Must remember the unwritten rules!

Last edited by MFair; 08/29/17 07:15 PM.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4377077 - 08/30/17 07:24 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Capt Sopwith, any friend of Ron Swanson is a friend of mine!

#4377090 - 08/30/17 09:49 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lagavulin:

Founded in 1816 on the island of Islay, Lagavulin was originally part of two distilleries constructed by John Jonston and Archibald Campbell. One distillery closed, and Lagavulin took over its buildings. The name comes from the Gaelic Lag a’ Mhuilinn, meaning “hollow of the mill.” Prior to the early 19th century, the area was home to countless illicit whisky moonshiners and other nefarious characters.

(System_Specs)

#4377095 - 08/30/17 11:53 PM Re: The Barmy OFFers Club: Have you what it takes to be one of the daft, the touched, the Barmy? [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Folks;

Being somewhat of a Single Malt aficionado I had a thought...

If somehow I was able to merge RAF_Louvert's WWI library with my Single Malt Scotch collection we would have a fabulous library to relax and research in. What a place it would make for a BWOC meeting! biggrin

The Bar selection:

Overview:
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6hm71w19qhrigz/a20170830_191838.jpg?dl=0[/img]

Right to left:
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ku22vi7jnjoscpo/a20170830_191858.jpg?dl=0[/img]
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s5ukh2fp3i0pwb/a20170830_191907.jpg?dl=0[/img]
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/eatkdejrcex7kgt/a20170830_191915.jpg?dl=0[/img]

(System_Specs)