Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
#4372060 - 08/01/17 08:01 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

Originally Posted by Jayhawk

- The trailer made it look like Brienne was executing Littlefinger on Sansa's orders, but who knows. Personally, I would like to have Arya take Sansa's form and kill Littlefinger in the bedchamber, just when he thinks "Sansa" will give herself to him. That would be a cool scene, but probably too Ninja for GoT. Also, we've already seen Arya pull that trick on House Frey, and you'd probably wouldn't want to overuse that move.

Arya would need to kill Sansa to take her face so that's out the window.😂

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4372073 - 08/01/17 11:11 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I've not read any of the books so please bear with me:

Is the pub where Hotpie works like the only pub that exists in Westeros? It sure seems like a lot of very important scenes happen there and the many coincidences of major characters showing up there at the same time.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4372081 - 08/01/17 12:41 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NH2112 Online content
Veteran
NH2112  Online Content
Veteran

Jackman, ME
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Is the pub where Hotpie works like the only pub that exists in Westeros? It sure seems like a lot of very important scenes happen there and the many coincidences of major characters showing up there at the same time.

Good question. If it was located where a road or roads intersect the Kingsroad then I could imagine a lot of people ending up there. But how many of them would be taking main roads, given the situation in the 7 Kingdoms? You'd have a good chance of running into people you'd rather not run into.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4372780 - 08/04/17 06:07 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

#4372974 - 08/06/17 04:14 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA

Ooh, I know this one from watching the map at the beginning and the extras on the Blu-Rays.

Westeros is basically an hourglass, with The Neck being the pinchy bit that defines the North from the South. Hot Pie's tavern is the first place one hits after going south of The Neck, and roads to different places, from Riverrun to the west, the Fingers to the east, and King's Landing to the south all converge there.

It's the first (or last, depending on direction) place of Southern Hospitality. If one looks at the scenes, it's a fairly robust village, with mills, blacksmiths, a brothel or two, stables, stores, and a tavern. Not huge, as there isn't a lot of north-south trade, but still popular simply because of where it's at.

Once one goes north of there and crosses The Neck, it's all gray clothes, grim looks, and a lack of music. The only time they show music being played Up North is at the Red Wedding. Should have been a big tip off that there was a Southern conspiracy at work. Yes, they'll have music under the scenes, but none of it is organic.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4372988 - 08/06/17 10:56 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4372997 - 08/06/17 01:49 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
NH2112 Online content
Veteran
NH2112  Online Content
Veteran

Jackman, ME
I wonder if dragonglass actually has to penetrate a white walker's body, or is simply touching it enough? And as far as stopping the Night King's army, between the dragons and barrels of wildfire catapulted into the ranks most of them should be taken care of before infantry & cavalry have to get involved. Maybe all the surviving members of the Pyromancers Guild are in King's Landing and therefore not available, but certainly The Citadel has the information needed on how to make it. Coupled with baskets full of razor-sharp shards of obsidian being catapulted into the ranks, the battle may not have to be nearly as desperate as it's made out to be. Hell, they could soak the ground ahead of the army of the dead with wildfire, dig a wide ditch that could either be used to slow down any "survivors" or be filled with wildfire itself, and use the dragons to herd the army into the trap.

Phil

“The biggest problem people have is they don’t think they’re supposed to have problems.” - Hayes Barnard
#4373085 - 08/07/17 02:00 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

What an episode!

What a battle...so much tension....dragons as awesome(and that was just one!)...it was...it was...oh!...oh!...

AAAARRRRRGGHH!!!..... [looks down on pants]

And then they asked Arya who taught her to fight....and she says "No one"....gah! And they mirror the scene when she was going back to the castle in King's Landing with the guards. And she got the dagger!

And Littlefinger's face when Bran says "Chaos is a Ladder!" HA!

AAAARRRRGGHHHH! [Not again!!]

#4373093 - 08/07/17 03:04 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: NH2112]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

Originally Posted by NH2112
I wonder if dragonglass actually has to penetrate a white walker's body, or is simply touching it enough? And as far as stopping the Night King's army, between the dragons and barrels of wildfire catapulted into the ranks most of them should be taken care of before infantry & cavalry have to get involved. Maybe all the surviving members of the Pyromancers Guild are in King's Landing and therefore not available, but certainly The Citadel has the information needed on how to make it. Coupled with baskets full of razor-sharp shards of obsidian being catapulted into the ranks, the battle may not have to be nearly as desperate as it's made out to be. Hell, they could soak the ground ahead of the army of the dead with wildfire, dig a wide ditch that could either be used to slow down any "survivors" or be filled with wildfire itself, and use the dragons to herd the army into the trap.

Its not that simple, the problem is that the country has been fighting a long bloody war which major armies has been devastated; the Lannisters, Tyrells, Boltons, Baratheons, Freys, Tarlys (a probable), Wildlings, and Sansa along with Cersei have seen problems with the food supplies due to the constant raiding of farms, (Daenerys torching all the food raided from the farms in the battle is going to suck later on.)
The nightmare fuel with the Night King is that he knows the long winter is coming either by device or naturally and doesn't have to fully attack in order to kill all the southerners, only need to starve them out. He only attacked the wilding gathering in season 5 to prevent them from escaping and adding the dead to his numbers.

#4373097 - 08/07/17 03:27 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I kept wondering if they were going to kill off Bron. I really like that character.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4373098 - 08/07/17 03:30 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
Look at it this way. There are very few unlikable characters (what, like 4?) so chances are a likable character will go when the ax swings.

I like Bronn too, but between him or Drogon dying...welp...good bye Bronn!

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 08/07/17 03:33 AM.
#4373120 - 08/07/17 08:56 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

Originally Posted by Dart
Once one goes north of there and crosses The Neck, it's all gray clothes, grim looks, and a lack of music. The only time they show music being played Up North is at the Red Wedding. Should have been a big tip off that there was a Southern conspiracy at work. Yes, they'll have music under the scenes, but none of it is organic.

In that case you will have to make it zero times - The Twins, where the Red Wedding was held, are considered part of the Riverlands, just south of the Neck.
The Inn at the Crossroads is actually further south, near the confluence of the Forks forming the Trident river, and at the intersection of the Kingsroad and the road from the Vale to Riverrun.
[Linked Image]

And don't ask me where all the water went, that made it such an exceptional feat to build the Twins, and no further crossing possible down to after the confluence to the Trident, with Kingsroad and River Road crossing it in (a?) ford(s). But the creators are not sure about such details either as is described in the article about the River Road.

#4373131 - 08/07/17 10:55 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So hypothetical question here:

Let's say for example that the forces of Jon and Danaerys defeat the Lannisters and in the process of defeating them incur heavy losses of men and materiel.

Will they then have enough time to defeat the white walkers? Jon keeps talking about how everyone needs to band together to defeat the white walkers but can Jon and Danaerys do it alone? I guess we'll see in the final season 8. smile

#4373145 - 08/07/17 01:36 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

In the trailer we can see Danny will start to recruit the captured soldiers, so she will replenish her losses.

The other factor I think can influence the outcome is Daario Naharis.

And lastly, basically the Avengers are assembling at Winterfell.

#4373167 - 08/07/17 04:59 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Great battle! Good to have A-10s....I mean dragons! Dany just needs to work on her jinking...she could have easily avoided that unguided, err, SA-1. smile

Also, I am glad last week's trailer had been misleading regarding Littlefinger's immediate fate. I still believe he's going to buy it this season. Via Arya's new, shiny dagger (even though I still want him to remain for the final season...and not as an Ice Zombie).

I believe both Jamie and Bronn survived this. And continue to survive...at least for a while longer.

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4373168 - 08/07/17 05:18 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

I believe both Jamie and Bronn survived this. And continue to survive...at least for a while longer.

I think if the writers have slated Jamie to die it won't be until the series finale or maybe the episode right before it. As for Bronn, we don't know for sure if he will survive the drowning or not. I hope he makes it out somehow.

My inner "kumbaya" is wanting both sides of the conflict to resolve their differences so they can team up against the white walkers. I'm not saying that Cersei and Danaerys have to be buddies because that will never happen but I can easily see some kind of Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact developing between the two. biggrin

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 08/07/17 05:19 PM.

#4373169 - 08/07/17 05:36 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

My inner "kumbaya" is wanting both sides of the conflict to resolve their differences so they can team up against the white walkers. I'm not saying that Cersei and Danaerys have to be buddies because that will never happen but I can easily see some kind of Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact developing between the two. biggrin

My personal theory is that they will indeed decide to work together against the common threat, but Cersei will (try to) betray them, hence why Jamie will be forced to add "Kin-and Queenslayer" to his résumé.

BTW: who will be von Ribbentrop and who Molotov? Tyrion and Qyburn, but who will be who? smile

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08/07/17 05:40 PM.

#4373170 - 08/07/17 05:40 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Jayhawk]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

My personal theory is that they will indeed decide to work together against the common threat, but Cersei will (try to) betray them, hence why Jamie will be forced to add "Kin-and Queenslayer" to his résumé.

I like that fan theory a lot!!! I think that would be very likely.

#4373179 - 08/07/17 06:48 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
There is no scenario where I see Cersei and Danaerys ever having a truce. Neither will settle for anything less than being seated on the Iron Throne as Queen, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

Great episode.

I love that Jaimie was horrified by seeing people burned by dragon fire...the actor did a great job there. This is a guy that stabbed a King in the back for burning people alive and threatening to burn a city's full of people alive. Of course he mounted a horse and went after Danaerys. Now Bron needs to swim down and get him out of that breast plate!

Oooh, Arya has Valerian steel. I think this is going to really matter at some point later down the road. The training session between her and Brieanne was fantastic.

A couple nitpicks: What is up with that one Dothraki guy having a hard on for Bron and chasing him around? It's a big battle, and as soon as Bron zig-zagged out of sight of him, the Mongol should have turned to threats much closer. Second, where's the gold? It was a strongbox sort of wagon just before the battle but disappears. Maybe I just lost it. Also, why not immediately run to the scorpion as soon as the dragon was spotted? And why would that even need to be ordered? The guys in charge of it should have had the sides down and cranking that sucker the second they saw it.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4373181 - 08/07/17 06:58 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Dart]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Dart
Second, where's the gold? It was a strongbox sort of wagon just before the battle but disappears.

You missed it. Before the Dothraki showed up the Tyrell banner commander (cant remember his name) told Jamie that the gold was already safely past the gates of King's Landing.

However the grain supply is toast. No pun intended.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.