Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
#4371822 - 07/31/17 10:53 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
i also agrree with EAF. A LOT of stuff happened in this episode and it was not "slow" in any way.

I agree with the off screen death of Lady Tyrell because it fits her character and even with GOT, I don't think we want to see a cultured, intelligent old lady get impaled with a sword on screen.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4371853 - 07/31/17 01:57 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
Lots of things happened...sure. I never said slow. I just said did not advance, as in characters barely changed their current power position.

- Tyrell's were not much of a force to begin with (especially since their bannermen swore to The Queen). Sure, Daenerys needs as many allies as she can, but still, not much of a difference was made. Same as Jamie said that Casterly Rock was not really that important now, neither was Highgarden (well they did plunder the money to pay Braavos).
- Dorne was probably the greatest loss regarding the loss of their army, but what has changed between Kings Landing and Dorne since the fight between Oberyn and The Mountain. Very little.
- If Daenerys now decides to attack with Dothraki and Dragons, it is not an advance, but a regression to what she should have done from the start. When you have all the cards, you play poker...not chess.
- Hopefully Jorah plays a part in convincing Danny of helping Jon. But that did not happen in this episode right?!
- Bran is a wild card, but you cannot force anyone to become King or Lord of Winterfell. He already said no.

You guys read too much into events that really were exposition, but fine.

Not only Olenna was killed off camera, but practically Tyene too. And as far as I know part of what has made this show what it is not caring who they off without regard of title or relative moral position. If they start caring of that now, they will become as bland as any network show.

That said, Olenna's scene with Jamie was great.

And you also forget that everyone in this show that has refused to bend the knee to any King has lived enough to regret it. Yes, Jon would be pressured to help conquering Kings Landing, but at least he would have had a more open ear from Daenerys to help the North if he had done so. As she reminded him, when the last King of the North swore to the Targaryens, things actually improved for Westeros (Mad King not withstanding).

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 07/31/17 03:22 PM.
#4371867 - 07/31/17 03:20 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

Next week's trailer is very spoilery. It seems a major character may be dying.

HA!...who am I kidding, that is GoT on a Tuesday....well...Sunday.

#4371927 - 07/31/17 07:12 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
I liked this episode a lot better than the last one. Even though "we" still keep moving sideways a little too much, at least with some of the subplots.
The poisoning of the last Sand Viper was way too predictable. I wish Cersei would have surprised the audience with something more clever.
And Dany's in looooooove. Poor Dario. yeah Targaryens hat no qualms marrying off brother and sister, so aunt and nephew shouldn't even raise an eyebrow. smile

- I think Daenerys, and the Dothraki will ambush the Lannister army on its triumphant march back to King's Landing, while Jon remains on Dragonstone, mining Dragonglass. That way she could defeat the Lannisters without killing innocent civilians.
- At some point we might see Jon befriending one of the Dragons, to Dany's astonishment.
- Bran will certainly not be made ruler of the North or Lord of Winterfell. But he will tell Jon his true heritage when same returns to the North to find some proof for Dany about the White Walkers.
- The trailer made it look like Brienne was executing Littlefinger on Sansa's orders, but who knows. Personally, I would like to have Arya take Sansa's form and kill Littlefinger in the bedchamber, just when he thinks "Sansa" will give herself to him. That would be a cool scene, but probably too Ninja for GoT. Also, we've already seen Arya pull that trick on House Frey, and you'd probably wouldn't want to overuse that move.
- Now that Cersei knows Tyrion is innocent in Joffrey's death, it will open up the way for some form of "Potsdam Conference", because at some point all the houses must come together to defeat the WW. I believe Cersei could look past Tyrion killing their father somewhat, making talks possible.

Deep in speculation territory:
What if the representative from the Iron Bank is not exactly who he claims to be? Since he came from Braavos, what if that is Arya's master? He could steal the Lannister gold, which would mean no debts were paid, and therefore no credit for Cersei. Arya's last scenes with Jaqen gave me the impression that the whole "no one" crap was all made-up horseshyte. smile

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4371930 - 07/31/17 07:17 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Damn, I really hope Littlefinger makes it until the series finale and THEN he can die. He's one of my favorite characters.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4371948 - 07/31/17 08:06 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
BTW, I really had to laugh out loud right at the beginning, when Missandei rattled down Daenerys' numerous titles, and Ser Davos simply said: "This is Jon Snow". Pause. "He's King in the North". biggrin

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4371950 - 07/31/17 08:29 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
I don;t think Littlefinger survives. The trailer kind of give it away in three scenes. Brienne's execution is one. Someone with the same sleeves as Baelish robes is unsheathing the same knife they used to frame Tyrion for Bran's assassination attempt. And the other was the somber Sansa scene. it doesn't help that it seems Arya will be in Winterfell.

Motivation - Bran "I can see all" Stark can disclose the role of Littlefinger in Ned's execution and his plot with the Boltons for Sansa. If anyone needs proof, the Maister just said there is a record of all the Ravens received in Winterfell. Will he try to kill Bran? Get rid of the legitimate heir to The North?

Cersei does not know yet of Tyrion's innocence. Jaimie does, and he was always all to spare Tyrion's life. But Cersei does not care for that. The prophecy from the witch said she would be killed by her brother, and she is convinced that brother is Tyrion.

Why would Jaqen kill Cersei, unless someone else made the request? Nah...I think it is sweeter if the guy is from the bank, and then Cersei is not able to pay. Then we can see the actual power of the Iron bank, and the reputation that Lannister's pay their debts is damaged. No money, no war.

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 07/31/17 08:44 PM.
#4371951 - 07/31/17 08:33 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Cersei hates Tyrion for killing their mother. That is why she was so quick and firm in her beliefs that he killed Joffrey.

On the deaths - we've already seen what the long goodnight does, and it's a delayed poison; um, I did not see that coming until the last moment, btw - guess I'm slow on the uptake. And Jamie wasn't going to stick around to see Olena die; he's just not that kind of guy.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4371960 - 07/31/17 08:56 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
Wasn't it nice to see the return of Hodor?

as in...

Tyrion had a door in Casterly Rock for his whores.... a "Hoe" door....

And wasn't there an error in the dialog between Daenerys and Jon? She said he lost 2 brothers...(Rickon and Rob)...but wasn't Bran presumed dead, burned by Theon?

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 07/31/17 09:08 PM.
#4371970 - 07/31/17 09:21 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

Originally Posted by Bib4Tuna
I don;t think Littlefinger survives. The trailer kind of give it away in three scenes. Brienne's execution is one. Someone with the same sleeves as Baelish robes is unsheathing the same knife they used to frame Tyrion for Bran's assassination attempt. And the other was the somber Sansa scene. it doesn't help that it seems Arya will be in Winterfell.

Motivation - Bran "I can see all" Stark can disclose the role of Littlefinger in Ned's execution and his plot with the Boltons for Sansa. If anyone needs proof, the Maister just said there is a record of all the Ravens received in Winterfell. Will he try to kill Bran? Get rid of the legitimate heir to The North?

Good call! That sound very plausible. Bran could also reveal that Baelish actually started the whole mess by arranging the death of Jon Arryn (King Robert's first Hand), which made Robert appoint Ned and made him "go south".

(BTW, it's "Maester" wink )

Cersei does not know yet of Tyrion's innocence. Jaimie does, and he was always all to spare Tyrion's life. But Cersei does not care for that. The prophecy from the witch said she would be killed by her brother, and she is convinced that brother is Tyrion.

Jamie will tell Cersei, which will make it possible to have that little peace conference thingy that I guess needs to happen at some point. Cersei would never, ever agree to anything if she'd still was convinced Tyrion murdered her firstborn son.

I Why would Jaqen kill Cersei, unless someone else made the request? Nah...I think it is sweeter if the guy is from the bank, and then Cersei is not able to pay. Then we can see the actual power of the Iron bank, and the reputation that Lannister's pay their debts is damaged. No money, no war.

Please go back to my post and note that I never wrote that Jaqen would kill Cersei. That would be Jamie's job. I speculated about Jaqen stealing the debt payment (in the trailer we see Jamie looking into a cart full of gold, probably taken from Highgarden as spoils of war). Which would mean no funds for Cersei's war, and her being forced to come to some sort of agreement (at least to buy some time - I guess she'll agree to help against the WW threat, just to have her opponents get decimated in the North and betray them later. And I guess that will be Jamie's motive to kill her; but if that happened, it will be much later, in the final season).

#4371972 - 07/31/17 09:25 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94

And wasn't there an error in the dialog between Daenerys and Jon? She said he lost 2 brothers...(Rickon and Rob)...but wasn't Bran presumed dead, burned by Theon?

Theon would have had ample time to tell Dany (or Tyrion, or Varys) that he did not kill those two Stark boys. Melissandre could also have told her that. Dany could even have deduced it herself, knowing that Rickon had shown up alive in Winterfell....before the idiot ran into an arrow.

So, as far as she is concerned, Bran is still MIA. Or Melissandre saw something in her flames (off screen)?

#4371974 - 07/31/17 09:33 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

Yes, I forgot Theon had met Daenerys before. But it would had been nice for Jon to correct her and then she gives him the big news Bran is not dead.

#4371975 - 07/31/17 09:35 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
BTW, did Melissandre drop a massive spoiler there with Varys? smile

#4371993 - 07/31/17 10:25 PM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
DaBBQ Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling
DaBBQ  Offline
Bug Stompe....Quisling

At this point, I wouldn't trust her if she says the fire is hot to touch due to her bumbling with Stannis. The red priest is more trustworthy even if he's rambling drunk.

Last edited by DaBBQ; 07/31/17 10:26 PM.
#4372023 - 08/01/17 12:20 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Pooch Offline
Hotshot
Pooch  Offline
Hotshot

Orlando, FL
Great speculations. Mine concerns the off screen deaths. If there is one thing I've learned about this show, it's that when someone dies off screen....they often aren't dead.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

#4372027 - 08/01/17 12:51 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
I'm still a little confused as of the state of the Dornish Army. At first I thought Yara's fleet was inbound to King's Landing with the troops already on board. But then, when rewatching episode 2, I noticed that Ellaria said to Yara just prior to the battle: “When we reach Sunspear, I will treat you to a Dornish red, the best in the world.” This suggests they were on their way to Dorne, from Dragonstone. Which also means their army never got onto those ships, which means they are still in full strength and most likely not too happy about what Cersei did to Ellaria and the Sand Vipers.

I'll have to check again how the news about the fleet were reported to Dany.

#4372030 - 08/01/17 12:59 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Pooch]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by Pooch
Great speculations. Mine concerns the off screen deaths. If there is one thing I've learned about this show, it's that when someone dies off screen....they often aren't dead.

I figured that if the people of Westeros don't start digging up and burning their dead soon, those might very well become additional Zombies for the Night King's (presumably still lost) army of the undead. So we may very well see all those dead characters again (I hope not!). smile

#4372040 - 08/01/17 02:14 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Fire and Ice together...

I take is Jon is going to be boning his aunt true Targaryen style at some point.

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
#4372048 - 08/01/17 03:29 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA
Relevant now (and one of the best scenes of season 1)

Robert Baratheon: .... If the Targaryen girl convinces her horse-lord husband to invade and the Dothraki horde crosses the Narrow Sea... we won't be able to stop them.
Cersei Lannister: The Dothraki don't sail. Every child knows that. They don't have discipline, they don't have armor, they don't have siege weapons.
Robert Baratheon: It's a neat little trick you do: you move your lips, and your father's voice comes out.
Cersei Lannister: Is my father wrong?
Robert Baratheon: Let's say Viserys Targaryen lands with 40,000 Dothraki screamers at his back. We hole up in our castles. A wise move. Only a fool would meet the Dothraki in an open field. They leave us in our castles. They go from town to town, looting and burning, killing every man who can't hide behind a stone wall, stealing all our crops and livestock, enslaving all our women and children. How long do the people of the Seven Kingdoms stand behind their absentee king, their cowardly king hiding behind high walls? When do the people decide that Viserys Targaryen is the rightful monarch after all?
Cersei Lannister: [pours herself wine and sits] We still outnumber them.
Robert Baratheon: Which is the bigger number, five or one?
Cersei Lannister: Five.
Robert Baratheon: [holds up his left fingers] Five...
Robert Baratheon: [clutches his right fist] ... one. One army, a real army, united behind one leader with one purpose. Our purpose died with the Mad King.

#4372057 - 08/01/17 06:40 AM Re: Game of Thrones : Season 7 [Spoilers] [Re: Bib4Tuna]  
Kodiak Offline
Kodiak  Offline

Over the hills and far away.
I love to read all the speculating you guys do, just to see it all turn out different in the series biggrin

I Want To Believe
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.