Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4360920 - 06/01/17 02:19 AM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Coot]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

I'd strongly argue that a few tens of points of armour value is worth far less than a single point of resistance, particularly against harder hitting enemies some of whom can hit with tens of thousands of points of damage ~ being able to deflect 50% of that is far more than any armour value in game will manage, and the higher level armours can exceed 80% resistances against their optimum protected attacks... None of the armours has comprehensive resistance values but the witcher sets tend to do better than the majority of the 'human' armours, with minor exceptions of the Nilfgaardian and Undivk dlc sets, and they can be assembled in ways that have decent 'groups' of resistance to monster/elementa/blunt damage which normal armours are notoriously poor at overall.

There are some which give 100% resistance to poison or fire, which can be situationally useful, but especially poison resistance might be better met with high level Golden Oriole potions, so I never really experimented with these armour types.

I think the tourney is over for you and don't know for sure why you didn't get to fight ser Gregoire, maybe you were reduced to too low a health and the game considered you 'dead' in the context of the arena fight even though you were technically the last man standing. I always managed to win the fight so am not sure how it plays out if you lose. Did you have the highest score coming into the arena? It is possible that if someone else is leading then you may not be able to fight him.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4361483 - 06/01/17 10:11 PM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
It could be I suppose. I really messed up on the second part where you have to ride and use your sword and crossbow from horse back. I did fine in training but had a very long delay into actually doing the tourney so by that time I'd forgotten everything. I won the first one hitting I think every target, messed up on second course and then was the last man standing on the third fight. Then the lady came out and said I wouldn't be fighting the champion and I think there were boos in the crowd so I'm not sure why it didn't let me.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4363185 - 06/10/17 08:19 PM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Coot]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

Need some help, just finished BW and finally started the main game quest. I just had the "Imperial Audience" in Vizima and got my cloths back and then went to leave by the main door where it asked me to fast travel to Velen to start the quest "In Ciri’s Footsteps".

I did the fast travel to Velen and ended up under the hangman's tree but there is no notation or indication of where to go or what to do next. No path is marked and no instructions, just me under the tree.

Did I miss something and mess up getting the quest to start?

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
#4363187 - 06/10/17 09:08 PM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Coot]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

You are supposed to meet your contact to the west at the inn as briefed while in Vizima.

http://www.witcher3map.com/v/#4/0.31/-41.22/w=13.753,-7.603&m=13.750,-9.050

#4363188 - 06/10/17 09:32 PM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Warbirds]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by Warbirds
Need some help, just finished BW and finally started the main game quest. I just had the "Imperial Audience" in Vizima and got my cloths back and then went to leave by the main door where it asked me to fast travel to Velen to start the quest "In Ciri’s Footsteps".

I did the fast travel to Velen and ended up under the hangman's tree but there is no notation or indication of where to go or what to do next. No path is marked and no instructions, just me under the tree.

Did I miss something and mess up getting the quest to start?

Did you "activate" the quest in your log/journal?

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4363206 - 06/11/17 12:36 AM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Coot]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

Thanks, I loaded the scene where I was at the door to fast travel to Velen and it says I am to start the "The Nilfgaardian Connection" quest where I meet at the inn.

When I do the fast travel to the hangman's tree the notice states I am starting the "The Nilfgaardian Connection" and that it is part of my dlc Hearts of Stone. I did not want to start HoS just yet but it looks like it is now mixed in with this quest for Ciri. Is this correct and what would be the correct quest now if I did not have HoS?

Last edited by Warbirds; 06/11/17 12:37 AM.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
#4363208 - 06/11/17 12:55 AM Re: Witcher 3 friends. Need some help. [Re: Coot]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

That just throws the HoS quest starter onto the 7 cats notice board. You can ignore that until and after you visit there. You can delay as long as you want. Just potter about as you want, and the main quest will pick up once you reach the inn at the crossroads at the ford to the west of the hanged man tree.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.