Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4362873 - 06/09/17 12:30 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Winfield]  
*Striker* Offline
*Striker*  Offline

Originally Posted by Winfield
Originally Posted by *Striker*
Had it with the BS.

For someone who rants on in a post about the thread being about DCS yet finishes the rant with "Had it with the" Black Shark"??? your point is invalid my friend. You need to upgrade to BS2 found Here
You will it enjoy BS2 more than BS mate

Didn't have anything to do with Black Shark. Was using initials for something else.

And Ice, I really don't give a crap about you or any of your opinions or posts for that matter. Like I said, you attack everyone all the time with your ridiculous quote wars and it's just an annoyance. From now on I'll just ignore you.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4362882 - 06/09/17 01:56 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: *Striker*]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted by EagleEye[GER
Over the years reading the DCS forum, I got the impression that they are happy with the mission and campaign structur they have.

Even if they weren't, I doubt they have any manpower left over to re-do anything they need/want to do with the core system. Getting 2.5 out of the gate seems like a monumental task as it is.

And Ice, I really don't give a crap about you or any of your opinions or posts for that matter. Like I said, you attack everyone all the time with your ridiculous quote wars and it's just an annoyance. From now on I'll just ignore you.

I don't really give a crap about you either, [edited]. You can't even respond properly to being called out and now that you're exposed, you're reduced to personal insults and complaining how I respond to posts. Maybe next time you post your opinions, try to have an ounce of evidence to back it up and grow a pair.

I don't "attack everyone all the time," just when someone spouts BS (and no, not the helicopter module) and thinks they can get away with it. Lovely how these types of people tend to go scrambling back into the shadows once their lies gets called out.

Got a couple notifications about this thread. Everyone needs to cool down. Try not to bring baggage from other threads/posts in here. Badgering and insulting other members is not acceptable, so don't do it. Please try to be civil. Everyone.

Last edited by Force10; 08/04/17 01:40 AM.

- Ice
#4362887 - 06/09/17 02:25 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: *Striker*]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted by Winfield
Had it with the BS.

For someone who rants on in a post about the thread being about DCS yet finishes the rant with "Had it with the" Black Shark"??? your point is invalid my friend. You need to upgrade to BS2 found Here
You will it enjoy BS2 more than BS mate

Didn't have anything to do with Black Shark. Was using initials for something else.

[Linked Image]

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4362892 - 06/09/17 03:12 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
I get all the criticism of ED and DCS, but in the end I'm just happy that we still have a developer that's making combat flight sims. As far as modern aircraft sims the cupboards a little bare. Are they perfect no, but at least they're still developing for a hardcore (and hard to please audience). Personally I'll take what I can get, but to each their own.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
#4362917 - 06/09/17 08:08 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by HitchHikingFlatlander
Personally I'll take what I can get, but to each their own.

I agree with you...with one caveat. When I pay for a module in advance (early access or whatever you want to call it) I expect the developer to finish it and not drop it like a hot stone and move onto the next airframe/campaign/asset pack. It's not like the extended duration of the alpha/beta/early access comes into it any more, you get the impression there is no intent to actually finish and polish anything.

The same reason why I (and a lot of other people) have stopped buying their early-access products. This, in most cases actually mean we won't be buying ANYTHING again as everything is now categorised into this early-access group and never completed.

There's being thankful for a product and then there's just blindly buying something and supporting a developer that is clearly taking the p1ss.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4362933 - 06/09/17 11:17 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

... Personally I'll take what I can get...

I really really hope you will reconsider this stance in the future.
Of course you are entitled your opinion, but I sure hope it will change over time.

#4362949 - 06/09/17 12:22 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Paradaz]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Genbrien
[Linked Image]

I'm pretty sure he missed it, like he did everything that didn't conform to his world-view. smile

I get all the criticism of ED and DCS, but in the end I'm just happy that we still have a developer that's making combat flight sims. As far as modern aircraft sims the cupboards a little bare. Are they perfect no, but at least they're still developing for a hardcore (and hard to please audience). Personally I'll take what I can get, but to each their own.

And that is how they are thriving... with people who will happy accept whatever scraps fall off ED's table. There's absolutely no need to hold them accountable for anything, especially not after you've handed them your money. After all, if ED goes out of business, there's absolutely nothing left and flight simulation on the PC will cease to exist. duh

Originally Posted by Paradaz
There's being thankful for a product and then there's just blindly buying something and supporting a developer that is clearly taking the p1ss.

I happily pre-purchased the deluxe edition of Steel Division Normandy but I did so because I was familiar with the developers and I've greatly enjoyed games from them in the past --- Cities Skylines, Tyranny, Magicka, and so on.
I will not purchase anything for ED because I'm also familiar with the developers and despite enjoying games from them in the past --- DCS A10C, DCS BS2 --- their more current track record invites more concern rather than confidence.

There's making an informed decision and there's just throwing money away and hoping for the best despite evidence to the contrary.

- Ice
#4363107 - 06/10/17 11:01 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: - Ice]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Originally Posted by - Ice
Over the years reading the DCS forum, I got the impression that they are happy with the mission and campaign structur they have.

Even if they weren't, I doubt they have any manpower left over to re-do anything they need/want to do with the core system. Getting 2.5 out of the gate seems like a monumental task as it is.

I don't really give a crap about you either, you big liar. You can't even respond properly to being called out and now that you're exposed, you're reduced to personal insults and complaining how I respond to posts. Maybe next time you post your opinions, try to have an ounce of evidence to back it up and grow a pair.

I don't "attack everyone all the time," just when someone spouts BS (and no, not the helicopter module) and thinks they can get away with it. Lovely how these types of people tend to go scrambling back into the shadows once their lies gets called out.

Got a couple notifications about this thread. Everyone needs to cool down. Try not to bring baggage from other threads/posts in here. Badgering and insulting other members is not acceptable, so don't do it. Please try to be civil. Everyone.

Scroll to end.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4363116 - 06/10/17 12:09 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Cheers OG!

- Ice
#4363331 - 06/12/17 03:49 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Genbrien Offline
Stick to the plan man!
Genbrien  Offline
Stick to the plan man!

Quebec, Canada
so....

E3's been on for 2 days
any sign of that F-18 yet?

XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Samsung 23'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: G700s
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saitek X55, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: Cooler Master 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
#4363342 - 06/12/17 08:10 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Yeah, just what I was going to ask... anyone gone to E3 and had a go at the F-18?

- Ice
#4363353 - 06/12/17 09:58 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
Thrustmaster will attend the E3 2017 event from June 13 to June 15. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/news/thrustmaster-will-attend-e3-2017-event-june-13-june-15
ED is on Thrustmaster booth, so they likely will show the F-18 from the 13th on.

#4363354 - 06/12/17 10:06 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Genbrien]  
Talon Offline
Talon  Offline

Tampa, FL USA
Originally Posted by Genbrien
so....

E3's been on for 2 days
any sign of that F-18 yet?

Show floor does not open until Tuesday, so we have to wait until then. Only the big players like EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc are having preconference shows, as far as I know.

cheers,

--T

Support simulation in the classroom.
#4363356 - 06/12/17 10:22 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: EagleEye[GER]]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

]Thrustmaster will attend the E3 2017 event from June 13 to June 15. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/news/thrustmaster-will-attend-e3-2017-event-june-13-june-15
ED is on Thrustmaster booth, so they likely will show the F-18 from the 13th on.

Whoops! Jumped the gun there... for some reason, I thought it was happening last weekend. So, anyong going to E3?

- Ice
#4363600 - 06/13/17 12:11 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: - Ice]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
]Thrustmaster will attend the E3 2017 event from June 13 to June 15. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/news/thrustmaster-will-attend-e3-2017-event-june-13-june-15

Whoops! Jumped the gun there... for some reason, I thought it was happening last weekend. So, anyong going to E3?

I'd go there.....just to flame the ED testers for not reporting the installer for Normandy which they should have tested rather than show boating around in the F-18. Sucks living in Australia, Might even have a crack at Wags for his "official response" after I put Sobek's name forth on becoming a community manager. If anyone is attending, I am more than happy to send you a message that can be handed over on my behalf. Maybe SkateZilla could pass on the message for me? Surely Skate as an ED tester who is responsible for reporting back to ED on 'bugs' would surely want to report the bugs list I've been saving over the last few years or so.

#4363611 - 06/13/17 12:54 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Is there a memory stick large enough to contain that much data though?

You'd need to pass on a 6TB 3.5" drive.................probably a bit much to ask in all honesty.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4363678 - 06/13/17 06:01 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Fake news!! smile

- Ice
#4363705 - 06/13/17 07:15 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Talon Offline
Talon  Offline

Tampa, FL USA
I saw the Hornet grip. It was static and enclosed in glass. Sweeeet. May just be a prototype but sweet no less.

https://www.facebook.com/VirtualTbirds/videos/10155413278264287/

DCS Hornet is in the video somewhere but I wasn't paying attention. OK, I'm over my fanboy moment.

--T

Last edited by Talon; 06/13/17 07:17 PM.

Support simulation in the classroom.
#4363711 - 06/13/17 07:44 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: - Ice]  
Exorcet Offline
Exorcet  Offline

[quote=Tazz]He was wrong. He is wrong. Sure, you can get that in DCS. However, the main difference is that you'd have to script in all of those things. Having an AI flight jump your flight, having AI friendlies RTB as you egress, you'd have to script all of that. In a DC, it is simply there because of the nature of the DC.

I have to disagree there. I've had it happen in my own missions by chance. It's not very hard to do in DCS mission editor, which I feel is vastly underrated. I would say the main difference is the amount of effort it takes. Falcon obviously creates the whole scenario for you. To recreate this in DCS, you basically need to create missions within missions, ie create an AI strike force that has nothing to do with the player's mission. Sometimes, the two groups will run into each other. And then to prevent that from getting repetitive, you make many of these missions and give them random spawns. Eventually it becomes nearly indistinguishable from a DC, except that you've been working on the mission for weeks instead of just hitting play.

Falcon's DC is a huge asset, but I've never felt it to be necessary. If there is something I really want from Falcon in DCS, it's the AI. I can certainly see why people want a DC though. Making comparable missions in DCS is hours of work.

I've always said that one of my initial worries when playing BMS was whether I could cope with the lower graphics. The cockpit shadows in 4.32 were.... bad. The graphics in BMS when coming from DCS leaves a LOT to be desired! However, once the immersion kicks in.... well....

I've only played Falcon AF. The graphics are fine in my opinion. In fact I think I've found myself more impressed with them than DCS, but that's because I've flown the DCS map so much that I know it better than my own neighborhood. I agree that visuals only go so far.

#4363721 - 06/13/17 08:46 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Exorcet]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Talon
I saw the Hornet grip. It was static and enclosed in glass. Sweeeet. May just be a prototype but sweet no less.

https://www.facebook.com/VirtualTbirds/videos/10155413278264287/

DCS Hornet is in the video somewhere but I wasn't paying attention. OK, I'm over my fanboy moment.

HERE is the one with more time spent on the Hornet grip. Very nice and I hope it comes out soon!! I also hope they will sell a "grip-only" version for those who already have a WH setup.

Not much as far as the Hornet video goes... I somehow expected a more "action" test sequence, not just a free flight with no other aircraft. Heck if it flew formation with another Hornet, that would've been so much more cooler. I was also expecting to see carrier ops... again, just because HORNET. frown Nevertheless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Whoohooo!!

Originally Posted by Exorcet
I have to disagree there. I've had it happen in my own missions by chance. It's not very hard to do in DCS mission editor, which I feel is vastly underrated. I would say the main difference is the amount of effort it takes. Falcon obviously creates the whole scenario for you. To recreate this in DCS, you basically need to create missions within missions, ie create an AI strike force that has nothing to do with the player's mission. Sometimes, the two groups will run into each other. And then to prevent that from getting repetitive, you make many of these missions and give them random spawns. Eventually it becomes nearly indistinguishable from a DC, except that you've been working on the mission for weeks instead of just hitting play.

"by chance" whereas it's almost a given in Falcon. Like I said, you can probably script in so many things in Falcon that it looks and feels like a DC... but by that point, you're basically a flight simulator mission maker rather than a flight simulator pilot.

Falcon's DC is a huge asset, but I've never felt it to be necessary. If there is something I really want from Falcon in DCS, it's the AI. I can certainly see why people want a DC though. Making comparable missions in DCS is hours of work.

One word --- replayability.

I've only played Falcon AF. The graphics are fine in my opinion. In fact I think I've found myself more impressed with them than DCS, but that's because I've flown the DCS map so much that I know it better than my own neighborhood. I agree that visuals only go so far.

Give BMS a try... if you think AF is "fine" in the graphics department, try the default Korea map.... then download and install and fly the Israel map and the Balkans map. Tell us how it goes wink

- Ice
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.