More or less ;-)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3156465&postcount=2605

duh

- Ice
#4361459 - 06/01/17 08:36 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: - Ice]  
Chaos Offline
Chaos  Offline

Originally Posted by - Ice

Benchmark for what? So far, they've only been setting benchmarks for things NOT to do, for how to NOT manage a project, and for how to NOT handle their customers
A benchmark for simulation... obviously. What does project management have to do with this? Or customer care for that matter... I'm not into all that. I'd like me some bad-ass sim please... thank you ED!

It's only "next level" if your current level is really low. To be fair, it doesn't say that there are other sims where their level far exceeds DCS...
Care to explain? The "dynamic campaign-" sillyness aside. There is no 'better' sim out there.

"We are having loads of trouble achieving that dream, despite 10+ years of development..."
"We're juggling 10 projects all at the same time with limited resources... Things will take a while".

Which has been available since... LOMAC? 15-18 years ago?
The Caucasus will get an overhaul and be closer to Nevada with regards to lighting and mesh density. It still suits me just fine. I prefer this option as opposed to creating an all new terrain that will take a long time to develop.

Ah yes... a combat flight simulator offering a free aircraft with the "combat" part removed from the aircraft
Bull and it is a freebie to boot. Did you actually fly the damn thing? Last time I tried it the guns fired just fine. I got shot down multiple times by a ME-109. I see plenty of combat.

Pffft!! Hahahahaha....
The mission editor is very sophisticated but it does require a lot of work to create _elaborate_ mission. People with limited attention span such as yourself might have difficulty using it though. I'll give you that. It really is better than anything available to date. The scripting is faaaar ahead of Falcons' (can you even script a mission in that game?).

Is this still really a "feature" at this day and age?? Might as well have listed "program installation via command prompt"
You're really looking to #%&*$# about everything in the press release, aren't you. Have fun with that.

After hours and hours and hours of work to fly a mission that lasts one hour. Also, how do you like watching a movie where you've written the script, cast the actors, designed the scenes, did the camera work, done the editing, done the promotion, and still expect to be wowed once you watch it for the 1,000,000th time, only this time it's in the cinema?
Which just goes to show you that you have no idea what you're talking about. You can create randomness if that's what you'd like. Do your homework, Ice.

Just don't expect everything to play nice with each other
Yep, bugs are present as with any piece of software. I guess you shelved all the other sims as well then...?

Hahahahahaha!! Normandy is in final phase of development indeed!! Hahahahahaha!! "Close behind" may also mean 8-10 years from now
Yes, it won't be done next week but I do believe it'll get a final release sooner rather than later. ED does have experience building terrain and building subsequent iterations with incremental improvements will need shorter development time than Nevada ver1. Thats just logic.

Why do I even bother...? You guys have made up your mind anyway. I guess I'm just bored :-)

"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage..."
#4361474 - 06/01/17 09:26 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Chaos]  
xXNightEagleXx Offline
xXNightEagleXx  Offline

Originally Posted by Chaos
Why do I even bother...? You guys have made up your mind anyway. I guess I'm just bored :-)

Perhaps you wouldn't be bored at all if DCS offered a full combat experience to play with XD

Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 06/01/17 09:27 PM.
#4361475 - 06/01/17 09:32 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Chaos]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK

Glad to oblige. And FYI, I've not made up my mind.... do you have any facts that you can put up against what I've shown?

A benchmark for simulation... obviously. What does project management have to do with this? Or customer care for that matter... I'm not into all that. I'd like me some bad-ass sim please... thank you ED!
When you say benchmark, it's like "setting a bar" or a "point of reference" where other simulations may be compared. We agree on that definition, right? Now I am under the assumption that when you "set a new benchmark," you are essentially setting a higher standard, a gold standard against what others will be compared to in the future. Sure, you can make ANYTHING a benchmark and if you set the bar very low, then it's easy to "pass the test" but I'm sure this isn't what they (ED) meant when they said "set a new benchmark." So a "new benchmark" can only be either the best... or the worst. My point is ED have been setting the benchmark for the negative, not the positive.

Also, it's easy enough to brag "we will do this" but ED has a proven track record of stumbling right out of the starting gate, so before you thank ED, maybe wait and see how things turn out first, huh?

Care to explain? The "dynamic campaign-" sillyness aside. There is no 'better' sim out there.
Hahahahahahahahaha..... Who needs to do homework again? Hahahahahahahhahaha!!

Dammit, where's my asthma inhaler!??!

"We're juggling 10 projects all at the same time with limited resources... Things will take a while".
"We're juggling 10 projects at the same time with limited resources..."
Well, who the fk told you to juggle 10 freakin' projects at the same time? Weren't you taught to swallow your food before taking in the next mouthful? Weren't you taught to chew your food well before swallowing? The fact that you're choking now because you've shovelled in all that food, well, that's all your own doing now, isn't it?

The Caucasus will get an overhaul and be closer to Nevada with regards to lighting and mesh density. It still suits me just fine. I prefer this option as opposed to creating an all new terrain that will take a long time to develop.
OMG... so you'll fly a map that's been here for almost 2 decades provided it's got new lighting and mesh density as opposed to getting a new map? Good luck with that.

Oh, and some other "inferior" sim maybe probably definitely has 4 maps with more in the works. I'm pretty sure of this fact. Maybe. I dunno. Let me go do my homework first. Oh, wait, there is no better sim out there. Right, right... right? Maybe.

To be fair, I guess you are choosing the right option though. God knows how long ED will take to make a new map... biggrin

Bull and it is a freebie to boot. Did you actually fly the damn thing? Last time I tried it the guns fired just fine. I got shot down multiple times by a ME-109. I see plenty of combat.
Oh is it? The TF-51D has guns enabled?

The mission editor is very sophisticated but it does require a lot of work to create _elaborate_ mission. People with limited attention span such as yourself might have difficulty using it though. I'll give you that. It really is better than anything available to date. The scripting is faaaar ahead of Falcons' (can you even script a mission in that game?).
Limited attention span indeed!! Faaaar ahead of Falcons indeed!! I'm sure you've made missions for BOTH sims and can definitely school me on this aspect, huh? Do impart your wisdom!

Hahahahahaha... dammit, I need my inhaler again!!

Oh, and while we're at it... you know that "inferior" sim that maybe probably possibly does not exist? New maps are sometimes always maybe released WITHOUT having to patch the core game. The maps may also possibly contain campaigns, maybe theoretically, and again, WITHOUT having to patch the core game. Maybe. That's definitely an inferior sim right there, right? Hmmm... let me do my homework....

You're really looking to #%&*$# about everything in the press release, aren't you. Have fun with that.
Er, no. I just like pointing out the lies and countering them with FACTS. So far, you've not really provided any. Just sniping and snide remarks about my CHARACTER on a thread that talks about EAGLE DYNAMICS and DCS.

Which just goes to show you that you have no idea what you're talking about. You can create randomness if that's what you'd like. Do your homework, Ice.
And it just goes to show you don't know how to read. Where did I talk about randomness, you silly little boy? Read the post again, I've no crayons to hand to draw you a picture.

Yep, bugs are present as with any piece of software. I guess you shelved all the other sims as well then...?
Again, nowhere did I say what you're countering. Sure, bugs are present in every piece of software. The point is ED has more than it's fair share. It's like a greedy little boy, shovelling food into it's maw, only this time, "food" is "bugs." Like asking people to install a bit of software via command prompt because the INSTALLER itself is bugged. Hahahahahhahahah.... OMG, you are right! I am having fun!!

Yes, it won't be done next week but I do believe it'll get a final release sooner rather than later. ED does have experience building terrain and building subsequent iterations with incremental improvements will need shorter development time than Nevada ver1. Thats just logic.
Did you just discover DCS? Your account says you've signed up to this forum in 1999, but have you just started playing DCS? Do you know when Nevada was first seen? Do you know when Nevada was re-released? Do you know what state Nevada is in now? Have you played Normandy? How close do you think Nevada is to completion? How close do you think Normandy is to completion? So how "close behind" do you think the next map is?

"Later rather than sooner" is a more appropriate term. You can "believe" all you want but the facts of ED's track record just took a big fat dump on your "believe." Funny how FACTS and EVIDENCE does that to silly little "believes," huh?

Do your homework next time before stepping up to the plate; I don't like clubbing baby seals.

Good day to you sir biggrin

- Ice
#4361508 - 06/02/17 12:56 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Man, one time I right-clicked in Falcon's editor. It was the coolest 1998 technology ever. Anyway if DCS wants praise for their future accomplishments they can wait for the future to get them.

#4361509 - 06/02/17 01:31 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Hehehe... never did understand why people insist on giving ED credit for what they are GOING TO DO and at the same time ignore the blunders they HAVE ALREADY DONE. duh

- Ice
#4361523 - 06/02/17 04:49 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Future results are 100% bug free and work exactly how you'd think they will.

#4361528 - 06/02/17 06:06 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: - Ice]  
Chaos Offline
Chaos  Offline

Originally Posted by - Ice

Did you just discover DCS? ...Your account says you've signed up to this forum in 1999, but have you just started playing DCS? Do you know when Nevada was first seen? Do you know when Nevada was re-released? Do you know what state Nevada is in now? Have you played Normandy? How close do you think Nevada is to completion? How close do you think Normandy is to completion? So how "close behind" do you think the next maplike clubbing baby seals.[/i]

Blah blah bla... I've been playing combat sims when you were still in diapers (guessing your age by the childish insults you're making). I've been playing DCS and other sims like Falcon from the beginning. Nevada is perfectly playable. They're tweaking things here and there but it doesn't detract from the gameplay. I have not played Normandy yet but that is still in early access so you really shouldn't bring that into the discussion. ED have been perfectly honest about that so you can only blame yourself if you thought you purchased a polished product. However, from other users' experiences, I gather it is mostly lighting that is 'off' and spotty performance at times... all of which ED admitted to that they are still working on. What is your point, Ice? Just trolling to create +*^%#storm?

"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage..."
#4361531 - 06/02/17 06:27 AM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
Ice .. mate you really have to chill ..... for a game and developers you profess to hate so much and do not play .. you are the most prolific poster here and all of it negative ... if you like the game then play it ... if you don't like or have a problem with the company then move on .. play something you do enjoy

Last edited by tempusmurphy; 06/02/17 07:08 AM.

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
#4361572 - 06/02/17 12:09 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by tempusmurphy
Ice .. mate you really have to chill

Ice.....Chill?

pretty sure Ice is chilled

#4361606 - 06/02/17 02:47 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Chaos]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Blah blah bla...

Translation: "I'll just ignore these bits because I don't have a counter for them as I've spoken my mouth off before checking if what I'm saying made any sense. The truth is inconvenient for the bogus point I was trying to make, so I'll just skip that section."

I've been playing combat sims when you were still in diapers (guessing your age by the childish insults you're making).

Nah, I was just trying to make it easier for you to understand.

I've been playing DCS and other sims like Falcon from the beginning.

Sure doesn't sound like it, with the lies you were spouting.

Nevada is perfectly playable. They're tweaking things here and there but it doesn't detract from the gameplay.

Hahahaha... "tweaking." Sure.

I have not played Normandy yet but that is still in early access so you really shouldn't bring that into the discussion.

I wasn't the one who brought it into the discussion. Read the post again. Maybe you need new glasses.

ED have been perfectly honest

Hahahahahahahaha!!! You really should think before you post something. What was that about doing homework again? Oh my goodness....

you can only blame yourself if you thought you purchased a polished product.

Polished product indeed!! Hahahahaha!!!

What is your point, Ice? Just trolling to create +*^%#storm?

Sigh.... like I said, I really don't have the time and patience to draw you a picture. Thanks for playing though! Interesting how you just zero in on that itty bitty section after I just ripped you a couple of new ones. Where's your FACTS again? Oh, right, I forgot... "Blah blah bla" indeed!!
Come back when you've done your homework.

Good day to you sir! biggrin

- Ice
#4361611 - 06/02/17 02:53 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Ice .. mate you really have to chill ..... for a game and developers you profess to hate so much and do not play .. you are the most prolific poster here and all of it negative ... if you like the game then play it ... if you don't like or have a problem with the company then move on .. play something you do enjoy

Where did I say I "hate" ED or DCS? Being critical of something isn't "hate." Pointing out lies and advertising BS isn't "hate."

As for being on the negative side of things, I've explained this before and don't really want to put a wall of text here. Suffice to say I've chosen to play this role... if you want a place where everybody is chummy and sings kumbaya, if you want a place were back-slapping and high fives go all around and ignore and suppress lies, bugs, and criticism, I'm sure there's a perfect place for you somewhere else on the internet. smile

Thank you for your concern regarding my free time... I assure you it is in no danger at all... heck, for all you know, I may even enjoy doing this! Maybe. Definitely. I think. Possibly.
biggrin biggrin biggrin

Originally Posted by Winfield
Ice.....Chill?

pretty sure Ice is chilled

It's all in the name, isn't it? biggrin

- Ice
#4361625 - 06/02/17 03:43 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: - Ice]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
[/quote]
heck, for all you know, I may even enjoy doing this! Maybe. Definitely. I think. Possibly.
biggrin biggrin biggrin
[/quote]

And there is the answer .... biggrin

Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

#4361626 - 06/02/17 03:47 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

And there is the answer .... biggrin

Really? That may or may not be true.... my motivations are unknown, I am an enigma. It's not like I've ever talked about them on these forums... maybe. Perhaps. Possibly. Could be. Nobody really knows. Maybe if someone were to do some homework....

After all, more outrageous and unsubstantiated claims have been made in this thread alone....

- Ice
#4361627 - 06/02/17 03:58 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
tempusmurphy Offline
tempusmurphy  Offline

outside London
So Why bother to "Play the negative role" that you have chosen (possibly for your own personal enjoyment) if you have nothing invested in the game, because you don't play it, unless you just like the arguments ... but isn't that the definition of trolling biggrin

#4361631 - 06/02/17 04:26 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

So Why bother to "Play the negative role" that you have chosen (possibly for your own personal enjoyment) if you have nothing invested in the game, because you don't play it, unless you just like the arguments ... but isn't that the definition of trolling biggrin

Ah, but who said I have nothing invested in the game?

- Ice
#4362070 - 06/05/17 02:19 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
cdelucia Offline
cdelucia  Offline

Pittsburgh, PA
I guess I'm late to the party; what's the "SA" in "Eagle Dynamics SA" stand for? That's something I haven't seen before.

#4362076 - 06/05/17 02:43 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: tempusmurphy]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
At a guess most likely the Swiss equivalent of GmbH, Ltd.or Inc. ?

Nate

#4362080 - 06/05/17 03:06 PM Re: DCS F18 [Re: Nate]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by Nate
At a guess most likely the Swiss equivalent of GmbH, Ltd.or Inc. ?

Pretty much.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.