Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4360027 - 05/29/17 11:40 AM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I think they should still use the style of the first movie's soundtrack and build off of that continuing the feel and theme of the synth stuff as well as including classic rock stuff placed tastefully. The Righteous Brothers have a bunch of other hits. Anyhow I think the the sequel should still sound like and give off this vibe:

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4360054 - 05/29/17 02:55 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
But no singing scene please. It was ok then but has been beaten to death in movies and tv since then. Usually a sign that the show is scraping the bottom of the barrel for gimmicks and hasn't got anything original for the audience to laugh at.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4360072 - 05/29/17 04:14 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: kestrel79]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by kestrel79
the country they land on has old F14s or something in the hanger and they bust them out and kick ass and save the day.

I can definitely see this.

{some problem/conflict]

Mav: 'But we have to do something!"

Wise old sympathetic indiginous type "Come with me"

Cut to wide shot of an old hangar as the doors are slid apart. Inside are two large object covered with tarps

The tarps are pulled off revealing a pair of Tomcats

Mav gives a knowing glance to his sidekick Duck

Mav "Can they fly?"

Cue after-burner takeoff and a shot of Mav with a wide smile

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4360075 - 05/29/17 04:26 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
But no singing scene please. It was ok then but has been beaten to death in movies and tv since then. Usually a sign that the show is scraping the bottom of the barrel for gimmicks and hasn't got anything original for the audience to laugh at.

Ok, the scene will be canceled, as will be the Beach Volleyball scene. Instead, there will be a 5 minute scene at the NSAWC's Officer's Pilates class (one of the last all-male bastions in the Navy). Maverick will be teaching the class. Happy? smile smile

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4360100 - 05/29/17 06:57 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Probably they'll go the route of some extreme sport. Rock climbing or the like.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4360146 - 05/30/17 03:51 AM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: Jayhawk]  
kestrel79 Offline
kestrel79  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
My plug for a script:

It's 2019. Turkey was kicked out of NATO and formed some sort of alliance with Saudi-Arabia and Russia (as "silent partner"). The Iranian President has always secretly been a pro-western secularist, and manages to start a coup that get's rid of the theocratic leaders, which results in a short, but intense civil war, which makes Iran firmly pro-Western, but also weakens its military considerably.

Premise: Saudi-Arabia and Turkey try to seize the opportunity by dealing a heavy blow to Shia Islam, and are on the brink of invading Iran. The US and NATO can not really intervene due to their ties with the Saudis, and for fear of an escalation with Russia. Nevertheless, a Carrier battle group (with a MEU attached as a further deterrent) has been deployed to the Indian Ocean near the Persian Gulf.

Story: Maverick is commanding NSAWC at NAS Fallon, very close to retirement. He is supervising his last "Top Gun" class, with Goose's son being just as difficult as Maverick himself was and so on. The class is now a mix of Navy and Marines pilots, with the Navy still flying Super Hornets and the Marines already transitioned to F-35's. There will be tension between Goose's son and some other hotshot but arrogant pilot over yet another hotshot female pilot, and Maverick has to set his head straight on several occasions.

Mid-movie Volleyball game.

Shortly before the class is concluded, the pilots are being recalled to the Carrier battle group in the Gulf because tensions are high. A joint Saudi/Turkey operation against the newly pro-Western Iran is imminent.

Meanwhile, we learn that Iceman had left the Navy and is now working with a contractor that is upgrading Iran's remaining F-14's to Super Tomcat 21 status.

When the Saudi-Turkish Alliance launches their assault, the pilots of the Carrier battle group begin engaging their aircraft. Unfortunately, a Russian hacker group managed to introduce a virus into the F-35 computers, making them inoperational. Maverick, who had been visiting Iceman in Iran convinces Ice to join him leading a flight of Iranian Tomcats (and their rather inexperienced young post-coup pilots) to cover for the F-35's protecting the MEU and their sector. They arrive in the nick of time. Of course they succeed, and when technicians finally manage to get rid of the virus, the F-35's join the fray, and a Turkey shoot (pun alert !!!) begins.

They win, Saudi-Arabia and Turkey lose 95% of their air forces and have to sue for peace.

Maverick and Iceman fly off into the sunset with the Tomcats. Roll credits...to 80's rock music.

biggrin biggrin

tomcat

Awesome! Take this to Hollywood haha, love it.

Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
#4360203 - 05/30/17 12:45 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: Jayhawk]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite

Ok, the scene will be canceled, as will be the Beach Volleyball scene. Instead, there will be a 5 minute scene at the NSAWC's Officer's Pilates class (one of the last all-male bastions in the Navy). Maverick will be teaching the class. Happy? smile smile

Are you guys saying that Tom Cruise doesn't sing just as good as Freddy Mercury?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4361484 - 06/01/17 10:15 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I think it would be pretty cool if they started the movie with a camera pan down towards a front HUD view of Maverick with him saying "Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees".

#4361615 - 06/02/17 03:02 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
THAT they can carry over. They need to have an homage to Tom Skerritt.
And I want Michael Ironside still around busting Mavericks balls.

#4361619 - 06/02/17 03:21 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Since Iran operates the only flyable F-14's and then only a handful of them to be sure, it's unlikely that there will be any F-14's flying in the new movie

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4361621 - 06/02/17 03:23 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: KRT_Bong]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Since Iran operates the only flyable F-14's and then only a handful of them to be sure, it's unlikely that there will be any F-14's flying in the new movie

Unless of course they are CGI or models.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4361674 - 06/02/17 09:38 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong

Unless of course they are CGI or models.

Or previously recorded footage.

#4361676 - 06/02/17 09:40 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Or the Navy snubbed Rumsfeld and secretly kept a squadron of F-14D's airworthy......

One can dream, no?

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#4361773 - 06/03/17 04:25 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
No Fear Offline
No Fear  Offline

A lot of things revealed in the above video by Tom Cruise!

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61165660...&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp2

“Aviators are back, the need for speed. We’re going to have big, fast machines. It’s going to be a competition film, like the first one … but a progression for Maverick,” Cruise teased.

And the new official title is not Top Gun 2 BUT Top Gun: Maverick!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745960/

Stupidity is invincible.

#4362230 - 06/05/17 11:02 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Sounds like they are coming from the same place we are with their treatment of it which is promising. Its being scored by the same composer so that's outstanding! I liked Tom's answer, "There's going to be jets...there's going to be jets....there's going to be jets." Yes please. Jets, noooooo drones! I'd love for them to pay homage to Skerritt and Ironside and McGillis and Tolkan. They wouldn't have to be big just small little nods to them sewn throughout the movie would be awesome. I also like the name! It sounds like they are trying to be classy and not cheesy with the vision and that makes me happy.

Last edited by Coot; 06/05/17 11:03 PM.

#4362298 - 06/06/17 10:35 AM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: Coot]  
No Fear Offline
No Fear  Offline

Originally Posted by Coot
Sounds like they are coming from the same place we are with their treatment of it which is promising. Its being scored by the same composer so that's outstanding! I liked Tom's answer, "There's going to be jets...there's going to be jets....there's going to be jets." Yes please. Jets, noooooo drones! I'd love for them to pay homage to Skerritt and Ironside and McGillis and Tolkan. They wouldn't have to be big just small little nods to them sewn throughout the movie would be awesome. I also like the name! It sounds like they are trying to be classy and not cheesy with the vision and that makes me happy.

Actually, Tom Cruise was reluctant to answer the interviewer's 'Will there be drones?' question.

Still, I remain hopeful.

Stupidity is invincible.

#4362300 - 06/06/17 11:02 AM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I still find it pretty staggering that the sequel will be coming out over 30 years after the original.

#4362346 - 06/06/17 01:59 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: No Fear]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

That probably means then that Mitchell is going to retire soon?

#4363139 - 06/10/17 03:39 PM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: Jayhawk]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
My plug for a script:

It's 2019. Turkey was kicked out of NATO and formed some sort of alliance with Saudi-Arabia and Russia (as "silent partner"). The Iranian President has always secretly been a pro-western secularist, and manages to start a coup that get's rid of the theocratic leaders, which results in a short, but intense civil war, which makes Iran firmly pro-Western, but also weakens its military considerably.

Premise: Saudi-Arabia and Turkey try to seize the opportunity by dealing a heavy blow to Shia Islam, and are on the brink of invading Iran. The US and NATO can not really intervene due to their ties with the Saudis, and for fear of an escalation with Russia. Nevertheless, a Carrier battle group (with a MEU attached as a further deterrent) has been deployed to the Indian Ocean near the Persian Gulf.

Story: Maverick is commanding NSAWC at NAS Fallon, very close to retirement. He is supervising his last "Top Gun" class, with Goose's son being just as difficult as Maverick himself was and so on. The class is now a mix of Navy and Marines pilots, with the Navy still flying Super Hornets and the Marines already transitioned to F-35's. There will be tension between Goose's son and some other hotshot but arrogant pilot over yet another hotshot female pilot, and Maverick has to set his head straight on several occasions.

Mid-movie Volleyball game.

Shortly before the class is concluded, the pilots are being recalled to the Carrier battle group in the Gulf because tensions are high. A joint Saudi/Turkey operation against the newly pro-Western Iran is imminent.

Meanwhile, we learn that Iceman had left the Navy and is now working with a contractor that is upgrading Iran's remaining F-14's to Super Tomcat 21 status.

When the Saudi-Turkish Alliance launches their assault, the pilots of the Carrier battle group begin engaging their aircraft. Unfortunately, a Russian hacker group managed to introduce a virus into the F-35 computers, making them inoperational. Maverick, who had been visiting Iceman in Iran convinces Ice to join him leading a flight of Iranian Tomcats (and their rather inexperienced young post-coup pilots) to cover for the F-35's protecting the MEU and their sector. They arrive in the nick of time. Of course they succeed, and when technicians finally manage to get rid of the virus, the F-35's join the fray, and a Turkey shoot (pun alert !!!) begins.

They win, Saudi-Arabia and Turkey lose 95% of their air forces and have to sue for peace.

Maverick and Iceman fly off into the sunset with the Tomcats. Roll credits...to 80's rock music.

biggrin biggrin

tomcat

Love your idea Jayhawk! Send your pitch to Cruise and Bruckheimer ASAP!

#4363340 - 06/12/17 07:58 AM Re: Tom Cruise confirms Top Gun 2 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
No Fear Offline
No Fear  Offline

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
They should have made it a prequel revolving around Maverick's father, Duke Mitchell, serving aboard the Oriskany in Vietnam with Viper. As the Topgun program started in 1969 there's no reason why it couldn't be included.

I think this is a damn fine idea!
Hopefully they will implement your idea after this sequel, but a prequel idea is a mighty good one!

clapping

Stupidity is invincible.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.